Aqua Blue PS Vita coming exclusively to GameStop in the US

D-Tron

Apparently a GameStop listing shows that an Aqua Blue PS Vita Slim will be releasing exclusively at their stores on November 6th in the US.

Yup, for the first time since the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation bundle, you can finally pick up a non-black PS Vita (at GameStop) this fall. Outside of this listing, there doesn't seem to be any other official confirmation or any other listings in different regions.

Aqua-Blue-PSVita-PCH-2000-Full-View.jpg

LINK: http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/playstation-vita-system-aqua-blue-gamestop-exclusive/125335

I can't believe they waited this long to do something like this. I want a red one!

I know that Japan gets different colours based on the games that are sold, i.e. Persona Dancing All Night's yellow Vita.

I don't think that's how that works. They still had multiple colors when the Vita Slim launched, but the one you're referring to was a limited edition Vita.

Edited by Blue Flare

I don't think that's how that works. They still had multiple colors when the Vita Slim launched, but the one you're referring to was a limited edition Vita.

I know what you mean, sorry I wasn't clear. I'm just saying.....we don't get a lot of choices here in the West (whether it be limited edition or not). I would've spent money on that limited edition, just for the vita and not only for the game. 

1. Looks nice, but I still hate the black border around the screen personally.
  2. Too bad I had 3 Vitas die in a week and I've entirely given up on the brand, otherwise I'd snag one if given the chance.

1. Agreed. It looks like they stuck a cellphone in between a PlayStation control scheme (not that this doesn't apply to regular slim Vitas as well), but the contrast between all the blacks and blues makes it look really ugly IMHO.
  2. Dang, either you treat your Vitas like slaves or they're all allergic to you.
Edited by jrdemr
  • Like 1

Apparently a GameStop listing shows that an Aqua Blue PS Vita Slim will be releasing exclusively at their stores on November 6th in the US.

Yup, for the first time since the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation bundle, you can finally pick up a non-black PS Vita (at GameStop) this fall. Outside of this listing, there doesn't seem to be any other official confirmation or any other listings in different regions.

I can't believe they waited this long to do something like this. I want a red one!

Looks pretty good. A shame that in the time frame of three years since the Vita was released, Sony never dropped this on the western market until now. Blue, you getting this considering your name lol? :lol:

Edited by ZeroXOF

Blue, you getting this considering your name lol? :lol:

Unless my current Vita breaks I won't do such a thing. It's still fully functional and it's the OLED 1000 model so I'd rather have the better screen than a different colored system.

Besides, Blue Flare is only my name cause I thought it sounded cool. (Red is secretly my favorite color lol)

Like a few have said the colour is beautiful! However that black boarder looks really ugly, would have preferred blue all over, kinda sucks that it's just coming to the U.S. and not anywhere else. But surely everyone who wanted a Vita has one by now and won't be convinced to buy one just for the colour of it?

1. Agreed. It looks like they stuck a cellphone in between a PlayStation control scheme (not that this doesn't apply to regular slim Vitas as well), but the contrast between all the blacks and blues makes it look really ugly IMHO.
  2. Dang, either you treat your Vitas like slaves or they're all allergic to you.

I can't explain it. I had an OG model for a year and a half or so at least, worked fine but it's touch screen was starting to go so I sold it, bought a slim. Slim's touch screen was horrible and hit things when I didn't touch it all the time and so on, so after two days I returned it and got a replacement. That one lasted 4 days. Or maybe the first one was the 4 day one, I don't remember...but I took the money from that and bought a New 3DS XL, and that thing works great. The same story more or less applied to my girlfriend's Vita as well, she sold hers after a few months when her touch screen got busted in the same way. We treated our Vitas like babies, took perfect care, loved them all we could, made it drink from my boob, and so on. Funny thing though, since this has seemingly happened to no one else, when I went to return the first slim, I rang the store who had two in stock when I bought mine, the other one was not just bought, but it had also been returned for the same reason, I ended up going to another store in the same chain about 20 minutes away and got my second slim from there. Which then got returned and went toward the shiny 3DS that I cannot recommend enough.

You must have ignored Japanese games :P

Still got my PS TV if anything ever tickles my fancy...Gravity Rush is really the only example of a Japanese Vita game that REALLY grabbed me though, personally.