Platinum Rain Day - Ended

Well, I have wrapped up my 20th plat, and I am calling it a day for this event. Here's my final list:

Participant #29 jeschmit

1. LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin - 98% (33/35) - READY TO PLAT
  2. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY - 98% (49/51) - READY TO PLAT
  3. The Escapists - 91% (26/28) - READY TO PLAT
  4. Until Dawn - 91% (17/19) - READY TO PLAT
  5. Farming Simulator 16 - 91% (18/20) - READY TO PLAT
  6. Bully - 98% (36/38) - READY TO PLAT
  7. The Escapists: The Walking Dead - 91% (18/20) - READY TO PLAT
  8. Saints Row IV (PS3) - 99% (49/51) - READY TO PLAT
  9. LEGO MARVEL's Avengers (PSVita) - 98% (33/35) - READY TO PLAT
  10. Life Is Strange (PS4) - 96% (58/61) - READY TO PLAT
  11. Heavy Rain (PS4) - 98% (55/57) - READY TO PLAT
  12. LEGO Batman 3 (PS4) - 98% (39/41) - READY TO PLAT
  13. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3) - 99% (53/55) - READY TO PLAT
  14. Toy Story 3 - 90% (37/39) - READY TO PLAT
  15. Hitman: GO (PS4/Vita) - 98% (15/17) - READY TO PLAT
  16. Goosebumps: The Game - 97% (39/41) - READY TO PLAT
  17. Bioshock - 99% (52/54) - READY TO PLAT
  18. Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3) - 98% (34/36) - READY TO PLAT
  19. Alice: Madness Returns - 98% (43/45) - READY TO PLAT
  20. LEGO STAR WARS: The Force Awakens (Vita) - 98% (45/47) - READY TO PLAT

This was fun. Can't wait to pop them all now!

• Like 1

Well, I have wrapped up my 20th plat, and I am calling it a day for this event. Here's my final list:

Participant #29 jeschmit

1. LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin - 98% (33/35) - READY TO PLAT
  2. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY - 98% (49/51) - READY TO PLAT
  3. The Escapists - 91% (26/28) - READY TO PLAT
  4. Until Dawn - 91% (17/19) - READY TO PLAT
  5. Farming Simulator 16 - 91% (18/20) - READY TO PLAT
  6. Bully - 98% (36/38) - READY TO PLAT
  7. The Escapists: The Walking Dead - 91% (18/20) - READY TO PLAT
  8. Saints Row IV (PS3) - 99% (49/51) - READY TO PLAT
  9. LEGO MARVEL's Avengers (PSVita) - 98% (33/35) - READY TO PLAT
  10. Life Is Strange (PS4) - 96% (58/61) - READY TO PLAT
  11. Heavy Rain (PS4) - 98% (55/57) - READY TO PLAT
  12. LEGO Batman 3 (PS4) - 98% (39/41) - READY TO PLAT
  13. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3) - 99% (53/55) - READY TO PLAT
  14. Toy Story 3 - 90% (37/39) - READY TO PLAT
  15. Hitman: GO (PS4/Vita) - 98% (15/17) - READY TO PLAT
  16. Goosebumps: The Game - 97% (39/41) - READY TO PLAT
  17. Bioshock - 99% (52/54) - READY TO PLAT
  18. Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3) - 98% (34/36) - READY TO PLAT
  19. Alice: Madness Returns - 98% (43/45) - READY TO PLAT
  20. LEGO STAR WARS: The Force Awakens (Vita) - 98% (45/47) - READY TO PLAT

This was fun. Can't wait to pop them all now!

That's an impressive list, congrats on getting 20 plats ready :yay:. I've added it to the OP.

funny story eh...let's see... earlier I was torn between 2 games that I want to add for the PRD (Ratchet: Deadlocked and Tales of Graces f)... so as I have finished adding them up in my DL queue... I browsed the posts in Most Recent Plat thread before posting there, I've read/learned that Deadlocked freezes, corrupt save files and glitchy and Graces f has not so likable characters + ridiculous and painful quests... oh boy... what fun... <_< hopefully I could decide for the last game I want to put in my list after finishing Odin Sphere...

AHAHAHA... remember this funny story? here's another funny story, all of it happened to me yesterday... <_< and it all happened while aiming to get the same freaking skill point <_< well luckily I have a backup save file since I've seen it will happen but still lost 4 hours of gameplay. Still pissed off at it atm so not sure if I will get back to this game anytime soon... with that said, I guess I am officially all set and ready for 8/20. 

AHAHAHA... remember this funny story? here's another funny story, all of it happened to me yesterday... <_< and it all happened while aiming to get the same freaking skill point <_< well luckily I have a backup save file since I've seen it will happen but still lost 4 hours of gameplay. Still pissed off at it atm so not sure if I will get back to this game anytime soon... with that said, I guess I am officially all set and ready for 8/20. 

Damn, that sucks :(. I guess it's a good thing there were no trophies for getting all weapons to lvl 99 or to collect all cards. This game was a lot of fun on the PS2, it's a shame that it became such a mess.

• Like 1

The original post is kinda old and unrelated to this one, but seeing as you still haven't played Graces I might as well. The characters and quests aren't nearly as bad as that person made them out to be. Asbel (the MC) is a bit tiring with his "I fight/die for my friends!" complex and I didn't particularly care for Cheria's (red hair/primary healer) motherly attitude but otherwise the cast is great. The story could be better but it works.

As for the quest weapons... you just have to know where to get the ingredients. There's a lot of them and it takes a few irl minutes to refresh the request boards but if you know where to get the right shards efficiently, it's not that tedious. If they decided to farm them in Zhonecage that's on them LOL.

Also the battle system is my favourite out of all the Tales games. Incredibly fun if you're playing with friends.

The original post is kinda old and unrelated to this one, but seeing as you still haven't played Graces I might as well. The characters and quests aren't nearly as bad as that person made them out to be. Asbel (the MC) is a bit tiring with his "I fight/die for my friends!" complex and I didn't particularly care for Cheria's (red hair/primary healer) motherly attitude but otherwise the cast is great. The story could be better but it works.

As for the quest weapons... you just have to know where to get the ingredients. There's a lot of them and it takes a few irl minutes to refresh the request boards but if you know where to get the right shards efficiently, it's not that tedious. If they decided to farm them in Zhonecage that's on them LOL.

Also the battle system is my favourite out of all the Tales games. Incredibly fun if you're playing with friends.

I still have Graces f in my backlog. Sounds like there's lots of mixed feelings about it.

oh thanks. Funny thing is I have this in my download management at 0% and I am thinking of starting do download it earlier  xD

So the MC has the typical MC attitude eh... not a surprise for me in JRPG universe.

What is "Friends"? xD but it doesn't require you to play co-op to finish it right?

Edited by JaM
  • Like 1

I still have Graces f in my backlog. Sounds like there's lots of mixed feelings about it.

From what I've seen there's mixed feelings about every Tales game except for Symphonia and Vesperia that are considered the pinnacles of the series and Symphonia 2 that is deemed to be the worst thing ever created. 

I just like them all. :dunno:

What is "Friends"? xD but it doesn't require you to play co-op to finish it right?

Nah, it doesn't. But you can play any Tales game except the Vita ones couch co-op if you connect more controllers. I've done all my first playthroughs with two other friends :3

Edited by Xillia
  • Like 1

From what I've seen there's mixed feelings about every Tales game except for Symphonia and Vesperia that are considered the pinnacles of the series and Symphonia 2 that is deemed to be the worst thing ever created. 

I just like them all. :dunno:

Nah, it doesn't. But you can play any Tales game except the Vita ones couch co-op if you connect more controllers. I've done all my first playthroughs with two other friends :3

Ah ok, I've only played Hearts R before and liked it a lot. Graces f and Xillia are in the backlog as those seem to be liked a lot. I also want to try out Zestiria and Berseria.

It's funny couch co-op is possible, that's not something I see every day in a JRPG.

Ah ok, I've only played Hearts R before and liked it a lot. Graces f and Xillia are in the backlog as those seem to be liked a lot. I also want to try out Zestiria and Berseria.

It's funny couch co-op is possible, that's not something I see every day in a JRPG.

Couch co-op in Tales has spoiled me. I would've been playing Star Ocean years ago if it weren't for the fact that it's the same thing but single player only. Given the time my friends and I spent replaying Graces f for shits and giggles and getting all the battle titles, we could've easily at least gotten through 3/4 of the SO4 plat.

Heck, I'd been putting off playing Hearts R for so long simply because I found it weird to have to play all of it alone. :unsure:

Couch co-op in Tales has spoiled me. I would've been playing Star Ocean years ago if it weren't for the fact that it's the same thing but single player only. Given the time my friends and I spent replaying Graces f for shits and giggles and getting all the battle titles, we could've easily at least gotten through 3/4 of the SO4 plat.

Heck, I'd been putting off playing Hearts R for so long simply because I found it weird to have to play all of it alone. :unsure:

Lol :lol:, I imagine the time necessary to plat 4-5 Tales of games would be enough to plat SO4.

Hearts R is very enjoyable, I definitely recommend it.

Sorry but I'll be dropping out this round as I don't see getting another four platinums in a week. Hopefully I'll have a better plan for the next round, depending on the date.

Ok, I removed you from the OP. Hopefully you'll be back for round 3.

Ok, good luck setting things up.

Thanks. :) Already good to go, 10 days ahead of time. Didn't take as long this time, thankfully. So much different circumstances/delays the last time.. Stayed in a WiFI-less hotel for a week, before moving into a place. Cable company was supposed to have sent out a modem, and they never did. Had to call and find out it hadn't been finalized, so we were never going to get one.. Sent someone out the next day to hook us up, but yeah..

Moving back here, we just moved right into a place, and didn't have to stay in a hotel for awhile looking. Went into the cable office, after getting everything else taken care of. And after a few more days, internet. 

Thanks. :) Already good to go, 10 days ahead of time. Didn't take as long this time, thankfully. So much different circumstances/delays the last time.. Stayed in a WiFI-less hotel for a week, before moving into a place. Cable company was supposed to have sent out a modem, and they never did. Had to call and find out it hadn't been finalized, so we were never going to get one.. Sent someone out the next day to hook us up, but yeah..

Moving back here, we just moved right into a place, and didn't have to stay in a hotel for awhile looking. Went into the cable office, after getting everything else taken care of. And after a few more days, internet. 

Wow, sounds like you went through quite some hassle. Good to know everything is working fine now :D.

• Like 1

Participant #28

1. Battlefield 3 - 40% (13/39)
  2. Call of Duty: Ghosts PS3 - 98% (49/51) - READY
  3. Puppeteer - 14% (10/63)
  4. Medal of Honor Warfighter - 15% (11/51)
  5. Starhawk - 98% (48/50) - READY
  6. 007 Legends - 8% (5/51)
  7. Sonic Unleashed - 52% (28/51)
  8. Minecraft: Story Mode - 99% (31/33) - READY
  9. Lego Batman 2 PSVITA - 98% (30/32) - READY
  10. Tomb Raider PS3 - 22% (14/51)
  11. Smart As - 91% (27/29) - READY
  12. Demon Souls - 0% (0/38)
  13. Assassin's Creed 2 - 25% (12/51)

Hopefully I can get at least 2 more

Zskins26 Participant #39

In case anybody was interested I've been collecting screenshots for every platinum for about two years now (a little before they added the automatic trophy screen shot feature). Just updated this album with the 17 I popped for Platinum Rain Day.

http://imgur.com/a/8rCgn

That's a great list.

Participant #28

1. Battlefield 3 - 40% (13/39)
  2. Call of Duty: Ghosts PS3 - 98% (49/51) - READY
  3. Puppeteer - 14% (10/63)
  4. Medal of Honor Warfighter - 15% (11/51)
  5. Starhawk - 98% (48/50) - READY
  6. 007 Legends - 8% (5/51)
  7. Sonic Unleashed - 52% (28/51)
  8. Minecraft: Story Mode - 99% (31/33) - READY
  9. Lego Batman 2 PSVITA - 98% (30/32) - READY
  10. Tomb Raider PS3 - 22% (14/51)
  11. Smart As - 91% (27/29) - READY
  12. Demon Souls - 0% (0/38)
  13. Assassin's Creed 2 - 25% (12/51)

Hopefully I can get at least 2 more

Nice work, added it to the OP.

Hey guys, so I thought the trophy cleanup in GTA 4 would be faster, since I already did the multiplayer a few years ago and everybody sais that that's the bitch. I played for 2 afternoons and got from 67.2% singleplayer completion to 67.75% completion. Since I am leaving for GDC Europe and gamescom in 2 days, I'll only have 3 days to get this and 2 other plats ready, which is impossible since I also need to work. So I am super sorry, but I won't be able to get my platinums ready by August 20th.

I might transfer all these plats over to round 3 and have a huge list next time, I don't know. 

Hey guys, so I thought the trophy cleanup in GTA 4 would be faster, since I already did the multiplayer a few years ago and everybody sais that that's the bitch. I played for 2 afternoons and got from 67.2% singleplayer completion to 67.75% completion. Since I am leaving for GDC Europe and gamescom in 2 days, I'll only have 3 days to get this and 2 other plats ready, which is impossible since I also need to work. So I am super sorry, but I won't be able to get my platinums ready by August 20th.

I might transfer all these plats over to round 3 and have a huge list next time, I don't know. 

Ok, you could also play another game if you have one that can be completed in a few days or just pop whatever plats you have on August 20. Let me know what you decide.

Update: Participant #36

Finally went back and got Infamous: First Light ready, so that makes 11 :)

1. Red Dead Redemption - 97% (47/49) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: How the West Was Won (291XP to reach lvl50)
  2. Bully/Canis Canem Edit - 98% (36/38) Ready To Plat - Trophy Left: Green Thumbs Up (1 flower to pick)
  3. GTA III - 98% (27/29) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: Hunting Season (1 helicopter left to destroy)
  4. Broken Age - 98% (43/45) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: Is Something Wrong?
  5. Far Cry Primal - 97% (49/51) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: Expert Wenja (1 skill to purchase)
  6. Goosebumps: The Game - 98% (39/41) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: Good Hare Day
  7. Escape Dead Island - 98% (59/61) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: What Happened, Happened (1 snapshot to take)
  8. Day of the Tentacle Remastered - 98% (56/58) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: And Then the Universe Implodes
  9. Far Cry 4 - 91% (49/51 Base) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: Fully Loaded (1 skill to upgrade)
  10. Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - 91% (44/46) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: The King of Hell (10 kills left for last challenge)
  11. InFamous First Light - 91% (23/25) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: Unleashed (1 skill left to purchase)
  12. Until Dawn - 7% (3/19)
  13. GTA Vice City - 27% (14/34)
  14. Far Cry Classic - 6% (2/22)
  15. GTA San Andreas

Started Until Dawn properly a few nights ago, and am loving it so much!

Could be a possible #12, but I don't want to rush through it, as I want to take my time and really enjoy it, so we'll see.
I should finish off my first run of the story tonight, and then I'll check out a guide and see what I need to do to get that Plat.

I've placed the rule on myself that I'm only playing it at night, in the dark, with headphones on (the only way to play a game like this of course!), so we'll see if I get time to get it plat ready before the weekend.

Update time 8/11.

1. Driveclub Bikes - 98% 29/31 (Including DLC) -  Plat Ready
  2. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - 98% 36/38 - Plat Ready
  3. Farcry Classic - 98% 20/22 - Plat Ready
  4. Farcry 4 (PS3) - 0%
  5. Uncharted 3 Remastered - 52/59 - 80% - Plat Ready
  6. Hitman: Contracts - 0%
  7. Hitman: Blood Money - 0%
  8. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - 93% 49/51 - Plat Ready
  9. Saint's Row: Gat Out of Hell - 98% 44/46  - Plat Ready
  10. Grim Fandango: Remastered - 81% 45/48 Plat Ready
  11. Minecraft: Story Mode (PS4) - 63% 31/51 -  Plat Ready

Minecraft: Story Mode ready to go. 

Edited by Combatting

#16 - SyIaris  (9/10)

1. Broken Age - 43/45 (98%) - ready
  2. Dragon Age II - 64/66 (98%) - ready
  3. Grim Fandango Remastered - 46/48 (98%) - ready
  4. Legends of War: Patton - 0/21 (0%)
  5. Ratchet: Deadlocked - 29/31 (90%) - ready
  6. Saints Row IV - 69/71 (98%) - ready
  7. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (Vita) - 48/50 (98%) - ready
  8. Super Exploding Zoo - 17/19 (96%) - ready
  9. The Lego Movie Videogame - 33/35 (98%) - ready
  10. Toy Story 3 - 37/39 (98%) - ready

One more to go... hopefully I get back my PSTV today and that game's not as dull as I keep seeing said.

Edited by SyIaris