Platinum Rain Day - Ended

You know what...count me in again as well. :D Going on a little bit of a Naughty Dog kick this time, but...well hey, I've been on one since the N. Sane Trilogy in June, so why not give it a shot. :)

Participant #3: Banton_Grievous

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3 - Main Game) - 44/48 or 80%
  2. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3 - Main Game) - 34/55 or 57%
  3. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Main Game) - 36/56 or 57%
  4. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 34/50 or 58%
  5. The Last of Us (PS3 - Main Game) - 3/24 or 6%
  6. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS4) - 37/39 or 91% - Trophy: The Super Orberator - Ready to Plat
  7. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 21/25 or 78%
  8. Sonic Generations - 15/50 or 21%
  9. LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4 (PS4) - 4/37 or 8%
  10. J-Stars Victory Vs+ (PS3) - 14/50 or 21%
  11. Batman: The Enemy Within - 0/31 or 0%
  12. Zone of the Enders HD Edition - 16/25 or 50%

On 9/5/2017 at 9:57 AM, MidnightCJ said:
  • Kingdom Hearts Final Mix: 0%
  • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix: 0% ➡️ 2%
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix: 1%
  • Sly 2: Band of Thieves: 34% (the only game which has double digits % as I am in Episode 2 now)
  • Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves: 0%
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time: 0%
  • LEGO Jurassic World: 0% ➡️ 14%
  • LEGO Batman 3 - Beyond Gotham: 0%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers: 0%
  • Rogue Galaxy: 0%

I started with completing the first part of LEGO Jurassic World(The Jurassic Park story levels) and got started in Kingdom Hearts II - I am at Olympus Coliseum now. I am doing a Beginner Run on my account and using a blank account for my Critical Mode run and will transfer the trophies over when I complete that run. Tomorrow I will work on some other games. Have gotten S rank in all routes so far.

Just now, MidnightCJ said:

I started with completing the first part of LEGO Jurassic World(The Jurassic Park story levels) and got started in Kingdom Hearts II - I am at Olympus Coliseum now. I am doing a Beginner Run on my account and using a blank account for my Critical Mode run and will transfer the trophies over when I complete that run. Tomorrow I will work on some other games. Have gotten S rank in all routes so far.

What is the point in doing the critical mode run on a blank account if you already have the game on your profile? It doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose. 

On 9/6/2017 at 11:57 PM, Kent10201 said:

What is the point in doing the critical mode run on a blank account if you already have the game on your profile? It doesn't seem to serve much of a purpose. 

Sorry about that! Bad habit! :(

Yeah, I don't know why I did that myself. Maybe having the game run on a different account keeps me focused? I dunno.

Edited by MidnightCJ

I am surprised nobody has updated yet, but...

• Kingdom Hearts Final Mix: 0%
  • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix: 2%
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix: 1%
  • Sly 2: Band of Thieves: 34%
  • Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves: 0%
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time: 0%
  • LEGO Jurassic World: 14%
  • LEGO Batman 3 - Beyond Gotham: 0% ➡️ 6%
  • LEGO Marvel's Avengers: 0% ➡️ 6%
  • Rogue Galaxy: 0%

Not much today. Managed to do the first five levels in LEGO Batman 3 and LEGO Marvel's Avengers... I forgot how long it takes to do a level in these games in the Story Mode. :( To be fair, I was off earning the Platinum in LEGO Jurassic World on my other account. Will try to do some more trophy hunting tomorrow but I have to go beddy-bye now as I have to go to church REAL early(8 AM) so I can't stay up late. Also blame the new bed I got, I fell asleep at 3 PM and woke up at 6 PM. Anyways, see you later!

On 9/10/2017 at 1:31 AM, MidnightCJ said:

I am surprised nobody has updated yet, but...

Well, there's only three of us confirmed for Round 5 so far...

Anyways, here's my update:

1. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 98% (48/50) - READY TO PLAT
  2. God of War: Chains of Olympus - 98% (34/36) - READY TO PLAT
  3. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3, Japanese) - 25% (15/48)
  4. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Vita) - 2% (2/47)
  5. Infamous: Second Son - 1% (1/48)
  6. South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4) - 0% (0/51)
  7. South Park: The Fractured But Whole - 0% (0/?)
  8. The LEGO Movie - Videogame (PS4) - 0% (0/49)
  9. God of War: Ascension - 0% (0/36)
  10. God of War: Ghost of Sparta - 0% (0/36)

Made good progress on Uncharted: TLL since my wife and kids were out of town this past weekend ? and I got home from work early last week to get some work done on my PS3. Next up is inFamous: SS.

Edited by hotdog_president

Guess I'll put my name down for rain day 5 seeing as all I have left are Telltale stacks for my fall backlog. 

PSN - Combatting 

1. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  2. South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4)
  3. South Park: The Fractured But Whole 
  4. Return to Arkham - Arkham City
  5. Agents of Mayhem
  6. Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
  7. Crash Bandicoot
  8. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
  9. Crash Bandicoot: Warped
  10. LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4
  11. LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years  5-7

I'll probably start with Arkham City as I'm close to finishing that while having my Telltale stack of Season 20 The Walking Dead in the background. 

@Dragon-Archon Just wanted to point out different dates in the OP. Don't want people getting confused.

The goal: is to unlock at least 10 plats per participant between January 1-3 2018 and you can start immediately. While doing that, keep posting your progress using the format described below and pretty much anything else you'd like to share. Events like these are a great way to meet new people and make some friends. You can unlock a lot more plats if you want. There also won't be a countdown timer. Please keep posting your progress and have fun. 

Don't forget to back up your save files after a plat is ready to pop. There's a lot that can happen between now and February 3rd-5th and the last thing you'd want is to do it all over again. If you have PS+ you can upload save files (even copy-protected ones) to Sony's cloud. To do that, go to the save file folder on the XMB (PS3), press  :triangle:, and copy them to the cloud. On the PSVita go to data management and you can save a copy on the cloud.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bahamut3104 said:

There's a lot that can happen between now and February 3rd-5th

Have you still edited this? No offense, but I edit my posts all of the time if I find them inconsistent. I know it's a pain in the tendons to go through everything in an old post but then you wouldn't have to say "Oh, please ignore this part of the post" every season.

BTB, I fear I might have to go back on my promise for this event. You see... today me and my parents looked at a old house that needs a lot of work, it will be my new home so I decided to accept it as I really loved it... but my dad gave one condition: "If you accept this house, you are going to be here every day for the rest of the year to help me fix this place up!" Worse, my dad, when he has his mind focused on something, spends almost all day every day working on it. So chances are that once the deal is sealed and the first mortgage payment is put down, I'll be at that old shack at least three hours a day painting, ripping up floor, and sweeping my heart out to clean the place up, it is a DUMP and we have to settle this week to have enough time to make it 100% liveable by New Year's Eve, because my lease on this apartment I am in right now expires in 2018's dawn.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... once we get the house(and I am sure dad will get the money, he has told me he saved for retirement since before I was born), I'll probably be there every day save Sunday scrapping, cleaning and painting to turn the place into a nice place. Which means I have to give up hours of my free time every day for the next two months. By the time we're finished, I will probably be so far behind I won't be able to complete the list by the deadline. Heck, I'll be lucky if I even have one of the games ready to plat! :(

? Eh, don't listen to him. He's just lazy.

Okay, so maybe it won't be that bad, but I will have less time to work on my games and I want to focus on keeping my 100% account at 100%. Still, I just wanted to warn Dragon if I come up short this season. And my dad really didn't say that thing in bold, I was exaggerating a bit.

Edited by MidnightCJ

14 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Have you still edited this? No offense, but I edit my posts all of the time if I find them inconsistent. I know it's a pain in the tendons to go through everything in an old post but then you wouldn't have to say "Oh, please ignore this part of the post" every season.

BTB, I fear I might have to go back on my promise for this event. You see... today me and my parents looked at a old house that needs a lot of work, it will be my new home so I decided to accept it as I really loved it... but my dad gave one condition: "If you accept this house, you are going to be here every day for the rest of the year to help me fix this place up!" Worse, my dad, when he has his mind focused on something, spends almost all day every day working on it. So chances are that once the deal is sealed and the first mortgage payment is put down, I'll be at that old shack at least three hours a day painting, ripping up floor, and sweeping my heart out to clean the place up, it is a DUMP and we have to settle this week to have enough time to make it 100% liveable by New Year's Eve, because my lease on this apartment I am in right now expires in 2018's dawn.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... once we get the house(and I am sure dad will get the money, he has told me he saved for retirement since before I was born), I'll probably be there every day save Sunday scrapping, cleaning and painting to turn the place into a nice place. Which means I have to give up hours of my free time every day for the next two months. By the time we're finished, I will probably be so far behind I won't be able to complete the list by the deadline. Heck, I'll be lucky if I even have one of the games ready to plat! :(

1f63d.pngEh, don't listen to him. He's just lazy.

Okay, so maybe it won't be that bad, but I will have less time to work on my games and I want to focus on keeping my 100% account at 100%. Still, I just wanted to warn Dragon if I come up short this season. And my dad really didn't say that thing in bold, I was exaggerating a bit.

Thanks for your life story. At least we know you've pulled out... again. Oh, and considering you're getting a house for nothing, I can totally see where your Dad is coming from. 

In the meantime, I'm making cracking progress with The Lost Legacy. Need to go back from chapter 6 onwards for crushing as I dropped it down a bit to get some random trophies out the way. Should be done by tomorrow, then I can move on. Will leave the Yoga trophy for last. 

Edited by Combatting
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, zajac9999 said:

Dude, you're 45 and your dad is spending his retirement funds he's been saving for years on buying you a house ... and you're 45. Damn.

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

Boo hoo, I have to clean up a house someone else got me for a whole 3(!!!1~!1!!1) hours a day. Come on man, you're making it sound like your dad is doing something terrible by getting you a house.

5 hours ago, Wdog-999 said:

I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life or anything, but maybe think before you post because this makes you look like the most ungrateful person to ever exist.

Man, I am so glad my dad doesn't read this forum and isn't even a gamer, or I'd be in deep ? for sticking my foot in my mouth.

Okay, I apologize and yes, I should have thought through about my words before I typed them. First off, I have no idea if he's closed the deal or not. Second, I have mental conditions that make it hard for me to actually play my PS4, I make excuses not to play and watch videos on Youtube or read books and don't touch my PS4 for a day or two at a time. When I do play I have to distract myself to avoid getting frustrated and rage-quitting, especially on a grindy segment. Therefore I waste hours of my day which I could use earning trophies, and now that I might have less time each day because I have to help fix up this house that might be my new home, and my dad really gets into his work, it'll be even harder to keep my schedule. Finally, in no way do I hate my parents for buying me a place to live! I know I should be depending on them for all these big expenses, but they understand my needs and problems and are willing to give up money they could use to make their lives happy in order to keep me happy.

I was just saying that I might not succeed in this challenge because I have two accounts to account for and less time to spend with both of them.  I'll have to figure out how to spend the next three months and a half so I can get all the trophies before the deadline in the short time I have. I sincerely apologize for saying anything bad about my possible future and my parents.

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

So you're dropping out again? Can't say I'm surprised. I am surprised you entered though if you want to keep your latest 100% account at 100%

It's not that. The reason I did this was because I wanted to try to do something for this account because I got inspired by a Youtube speed-run video and because I wanted to try to get more platinums for this account but wanted to focus on my other account too. My statement: I am not going to "drop out", I am going to try to see if I can get all my games on the list to 99%. If I can't meet the deadline, then I have to accept that. There is no prize for this challenge so I just wanted to do this to see if I could. I am not saying I can't, it's just that it is going to be harder in the future. I already got a lot of flak for something I misspoke of, so I am going to keep my mouth shut on these forums for a while.

I'm surprised that nobody has kicked me out and put a partial ban so I can't post on the forums. I was a jerkwad on a Sims 4 forums and they banned me for misconduct. I am trying to fix that, but stupid stuff just slips out without warning. :(

15 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

Man, I am so glad my dad doesn't read this forum and isn't even a gamer, or I'd be in deep 1f4a9.png for sticking my foot in my mouth.

Okay, I apologize and yes, I should have thought through about my words before I typed them. First off, I have no idea if he's closed the deal or not. Second, I have mental conditions that make it hard for me to actually play my PS4, I make excuses not to play and watch videos on Youtube or read books and don't touch my PS4 for a day or two at a time. When I do play I have to distract myself to avoid getting frustrated and rage-quitting, especially on a grindy segment. Therefore I waste hours of my day which I could use earning trophies, and now that I might have less time each day because I have to help fix up this house that might be my new home, and my dad really gets into his work, it'll be even harder to keep my schedule. Finally, in no way do I hate my parents for buying me a place to live! I know I should be depending on them for all these big expenses, but they understand my needs and problems and are willing to give up money they could use to make their lives happy in order to keep me happy.

I was just saying that I might not succeed in this challenge because I have two accounts to account for and less time to spend with both of them.  I'll have to figure out how to spend the next three months and a half so I can get all the trophies before the deadline in the short time I have. I sincerely apologize for saying anything bad about my possible future and my parents.

It's not that. The reason I did this was because I wanted to try to do something for this account because I got inspired by a Youtube speed-run video and because I wanted to try to get more platinums for this account but wanted to focus on my other account too. My statement: I am not going to "drop out", I am going to try to see if I can get all my games on the list to 99%. If I can't meet the deadline, then I have to accept that. There is no prize for this challenge so I just wanted to do this to see if I could. I am not saying I can't, it's just that it is going to be harder in the future. I already got a lot of flak for something I misspoke of, so I am going to keep my mouth shut on these forums for a while.

I'm surprised that nobody has kicked me out and put a partial ban so I can't post on the forums. I was a jerkwad on a Sims 4 forums and they banned me for misconduct. I am trying to fix that, but stupid stuff just slips out without warning. :(

If you already have issues that make it hard for you to actually play on PS4, you're making it WAY harder on yourself by having two different accounts that you're simultaneously playing games on.  I've looked at your MidnightCJ account and your new account and quite often you're playing the same game, at the same time on both accounts.  If I was doing that, I probably wouldn't want to pick up my PS4 control either.

I understand that you probably wanted to keep the new account secret so people wouldn't rag on you about it, but you've mentioned it enough now that you might as well make the Mystic account your main account and just use the Midnight account for testing games out on - at least that way you won't accidentally load up a hard game on your 100% account.

Also, if you are getting to the point where you're finding it hard to play PS4, then maybe doing other things will be more fulfilling - like reading, writing, sorting your new place if you get it.  I'd also suggest laying off joining events, as it seems to exacerbate your stress and anxiety levels and ultimately you end up dropping out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

I'd also suggest laying off joining events, as it seems to exacerbate your stress and anxiety levels and ultimately you end up dropping out.

Thanks for the advice. I usually join the events because I want to challenge myself to do new stuff, but if things get ugly, it would have been better not to join. Hindsight for the lose. xD

I guess I could use the time waiting for my anesthesia to wear off to work on making a cool forum profile for my 100% account. I'm almost at 25 platinums for it (working on LEGO MARVEL's Avengers right now for #24) so you do have a point and I should drop MidnightCJ for this account. The thing is that I will have to drop out of a platinum race and that will get my a lot of hate because I told Kent10201 that I would try to save this account. I respect his friendship and don't want him to hate me just because I gave up on yet ANOTHER account. Maybe if MysticjMax hits 50 plats I might make it my main forum account, because then I'll be actually serious. But you're right, I shouldn't lead everyone on with two accounts. :(

I hate to be a wet poop-flavored noodle, but Kent10201 convinced me to switch my PSN Forum profile to my 100% account. He does have a point, it is foolish to juggle accounts and I hate having to log off and log on constantly. He also suggest I stop joining competitions because they cause me to play games that I have no intention of finishing and thus causing undue stress, and I agree. I have lost the fun of playing games just for the games, so I have decided it would be best if I withdraw from the current competition. I apologize for any inconvenience. (And yes, this is copy-pasted from Notepad but it is a quick means of relaying my declaration.) I wish everyone else good luck in the event.

I will still be using this account but only as game testing ground, it won't be updated unless it's for the purpose of testing games. It sits at 55 platinums right now.

7 minutes ago, MidnightCJ said:

I hate to be a wet poop-flavored noodle, but Kent10201 convinced me to switch my PSN Forum profile to my 100% account. He does have a point, it is foolish to juggle accounts and I hate having to log off and log on constantly. He also suggest I stop joining competitions because they cause me to play games that I have no intention of finishing and thus causing undue stress, and I agree. I have lost the fun of playing games just for the games, so I have decided it would be best if I withdraw from the current competition. I apologize for any inconvenience. (And yes, this is copy-pasted from Notepad but it is a quick means of relaying my declaration.) I wish everyone else good luck in the event.

I will still be using this account but only as game testing ground, it won't be updated unless it's for the purpose of testing games. It sits at 55 platinums right now.

It's lucky @Kent10201 has your back, you two must be real good friends. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, zajac9999 said:

It's lucky @Kent10201 has your back, you two must be real good friends. 

Yeah, we did have a row a while back but that made me stronger, it made me realize that I need to watch my mouth and thoughts around people. (Please don't ask him about it, I am very grateful for what happened and don't want to dig up old hatchets. :() I am Pinocchio and he is like Jiminy Cricket, he is my conscience and voice of reason. :)

PSN - Combatting 

1. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 48/50 - Ready to :platinum:
  2. South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4)
  3. South Park: The Fractured But Whole 
  4. Return to Arkham - Arkham City
  5. Agents of Mayhem
  6. Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
  7. Crash Bandicoot
  8. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
  9. Crash Bandicoot: Warped
  10. LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 1-4
  11. LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years  5-7

Lost Legacy ready to go :) Kinda got boring in the end. 

He also suggest I stop joining competitions because they cause me to play games that I have no intention of finishing and thus causing undue stress, and I agree. I have lost the fun of playing games just for the games, so I have decided it would be best if I withdraw from the current competition. I apologize for any inconvenience. 

I never told you to stop signing up for competitions however, considering your track record with dropping out of them that's probably for the best. I told you that you should have fun with trophy hunting rather than stressing yourself out about something you don't even enjoy. 

Yeah, we did have a row a while back but that made me stronger, it made me realize that I need to watch my mouth and thoughts around people. (Please don't ask him about it, I am very grateful for what happened and don't want to dig up old hatchets. :() I am Pinocchio and he is like Jiminy Cricket, he is my conscience and voice of reason. :)

...Jiminy Cricket. That's a new one. 

So, to get this thread back on track... Here's an update:

Participant #1: hotdog_president

3. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3, Japanese) - 25% (15/48) 98% (46/48) - READY TO PLAT
  4. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Vita) - 2% (2/47) 19% (13/47)
  5. Infamous: Second Son - 1% (1/48) 19% (13/48)
  6. LEGO Pirates of the Carribean - 10% (7/41)
  7. South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4) - 0% (0/51)
  8. South Park: The Fractured But Whole - 0% (0/?)
  9. The LEGO Movie - Videogame (PS4) - 0% (0/49)
  10. God of War: Ascension - 0% (0/36)

Made really good progress on Arkham Asylum... this is the fifth time I've platted it (this and old account, I love the Arkham games!). Honestly, I'm just anxious for the South Park game to hurry up and get here!

Edited by hotdog_president

16 hours ago, hotdog_president said:

So, to get this thread back on track... Here's an update:

Participant #1: hotdog_president

3. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3, Japanese) - 25% (15/48) 77% (38/48)
  4. LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Vita) - 2% (2/47) 7% (5/47)
  5. Infamous: Second Son - 1% (1/48) 11% (8/48)
  6. South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4) - 0% (0/51)
  7. South Park: The Fractured But Whole - 0% (0/?)
  8. The LEGO Movie - Videogame (PS4) - 0% (0/49)
  9. God of War: Ascension - 0% (0/36)
  10. God of War: Ghost of Sparta - 0% (0/36)

Made really good progress on Arkham Asylum... only have to do the combat and predator challenges and it will be ready to go. Honestly, I'm just anxious for the South Park game to hurry up and get here!

Same. Can't wait to play South Park again especially in HDR :)  Almost finished my first island in Crash Bandicoot, then I'll go back for gems and relics. 

Edited by Combatting