Couch's "Elimination Chamber" Winner announced

Things I haven't decided yet:

• What games should be played and how are they chosen?
  1. Will everybody list 5 games each and whichever game nobody has played be chosen?
  2. Will there be a different theme to each game each month?

Please let me know what you think, if you have any comments to make this better and if you're interested in joining.

Here's some food for thought: have you thought about games with exploits? Is it allowed or are games with exploits banned? For example the duplication exploit in Dragon Age Inquisition makes Nightmare mode a lot easier, but it's impossible to tell if someone used it. Everyone can use it if they delete the patch.

And what about using cross-saves?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I might be interested. Let me think about it and I may have questions before I commit for sure.

No worries. Earliest I would start this is November 1st. Questions are welcome as I want this to run well and avoid things like Dragon is mentioning below.

Here's some food for thought: have you thought about games with exploits? Is it allowed or are games with exploits banned? For example the duplication exploit in Dragon Age Inquisition makes Nightmare mode a lot easier, but it's impossible to tell if someone used it. Everyone can use it if they delete the patch.

And what about using cross-saves?

I didn't not think about exploits. I would hope that people would be reasonable and again, the group will be deciding on the 12 games together. I'm not familiar with everything in games especially things like "duplication exploits in dragon age acquisition" however, I would like to think people will be respectful and play the game fairly.

When you say cross saves, are you saying auto popping trophy like in sound shapes. That would be a definite no-no for this comp. If you want to play the game on the PS3 and move it over to the PS4 for a game that shares the same trophy list like with Entwined or Spelunky, then feel free to.

Have you thought about clarifying the rules for buying back in? For example, you have to buy back in for the next round or you are out for good. Otherwise what's to stop someone being eliminated in the first round and then just waiting and buying back in for the last round?

Good point. Buy back in has to be done one you are eliminated. I will clarify that. These are the things I want to get set in stone before the event starts.

I didn't not think about exploits. I would hope that people would be reasonable and again, the group will be deciding on the 12 games together. I'm not familiar with everything in games especially things like "duplication exploits in dragon age acquisition" however, I would like to think people will be respectful and play the game fairly.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but not everyone plays nicely when real money is involved. It's best to think things through in advance and set clear rules to prevent some drama later. Trust me on this, learned it the hard way :(.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Honestly, I feel like anything besides share play, cross-save and hacking should be allowed here. Exploits are the developer's fault for not noticing the bug during QA, and boosting still means you meet the criteria for a trophy - you just do it quicker.

Sounds like a fun event, but I can't afford so many games, so I'm out :( Good luck to all participants.

• Like 1

Yeh I agree if exploits are in the game seems to me the only viable choice is to allow everyone to use them, otherwise you have to trust that everyone isn't and unfortunately it's more than likely that at least one person would. 

Also is the price at the end just for the final winner? Or would it be top 3 or something like that?

Is there a max amount of times someone can buy back in? Or can someone keep buying back into the final two if they lose?

That being said I'll put myself down as interested to join it as it seems like fun and $10 is not a big buy in. That's assuming I'm satisfied with the rules though when you have a final set of rules set in stone. :)

Looking forward to participating. :D

So when someone buys back in, are two people eliminated the next session or still only one? And when is the point of no buy-back?

You might get someone who's too invested to back out but keeps losing. I would suggest only allowing a single buy back, and doing a double elimination the next game, otherwise this could turn into a 3 year event. This way you'll do a max of 13-14 games I believe.

Edit: forgot to mention, this sounds awesome and appeals to my nature, but I can't sign on for a 12-????? Game purchasing spree. I hope this goes well though.

Edited by Hemiak

Things I haven't decided yet:

• What games should be played and how are they chosen?
  1. Will everybody list 5 games each and whichever game nobody has played be chosen?
  2. Will there be a different theme to each game each month?
  • What percentage of game already on someone's account acceptable to use?
  1. 5% or less?
  2. 10 % or less?
  3. 1% or less?
  4. 0%
  • What happens if people don't play assigned game, don’t buy game, don’t show up, don’t post?
  • Should it be a finish game first race or a point race?
  • What are the requirements for joining?

Regarding how the new games will be picked, I like the idea of a theme each month and then we vote out of 5-10 games or something. I read on the other thread that you wanted to start on November 1st, in that case I would say that you spend October getting sign ups, and voting all 12 games in. From there, we vote which game we will play, so even when we know all 12 games, the order in which we play the games will be voted on too, or something similar to that. Maybe each participant could PM you a 'Theme' with 5 games and you set up a poll every 5 days or something?

5% is probably the maximum for people that have started already, but I would say that you should judge on a per game basis, some games will give you 5% for pressing the start button ;).

Hopefully the people that don't partake in any way will be eliminated in the first round. 

Finish game first race! No need to make any overcomplicated points system for a multi-staged event like this, keep it simple.

Requirements wise - The obvious forum statistics for one, like minimum of 50 posts etc. Maybe since we're playing 12 different games, participants should have earned at least 12 100%/platinums? 

Exploits shouldn't be barred unless players are using cross-save shenanigans to insta unlock or gain considerable progress towards trophies. You can't exactly stop people from doing it anyway. 

Sorry to burst your bubble, but not everyone plays nicely when real money is involved. It's best to think things through in advance and set clear rules to prevent some drama later. Trust me on this, learned it the hard way :(.

One could always hope right? I'll take take your word for it though and make sure the rules are all set

I am in, sounds like fun.

I'll add you to the list

Honestly, I feel like anything besides share play, cross-save and hacking should be allowed here. Exploits are the developer's fault for not noticing the bug during QA, and boosting still means you meet the criteria for a trophy - you just do it quicker.

Sounds like a fun event, but I can't afford so many games, so I'm out :( Good luck to all participants.

Again this is where everyone will have to agree. If people think the exploits are to big of a deal for a certain game, that game won't be played. I think that is the only "fair" way to do it.

Yeh I agree if exploits are in the game seems to me the only viable choice is to allow everyone to use them, otherwise you have to trust that everyone isn't and unfortunately it's more than likely that at least one person would. 

Also is the price at the end just for the final winner? Or would it be top 3 or something like that?

Is there a max amount of times someone can buy back in? Or can someone keep buying back into the final two if they lose?

That being said I'll put myself down as interested to join it as it seems like fun and $10 is not a big buy in. That's assuming I'm satisfied with the rules though when you have a final set of rules set in stone. :)

Looking forward to participating. :D

There will be a single winner. I've been thinking about the buy back in for a little while now and will explain that in a separate message. Ill add you to the list but feel free to back at any time prior to the start :)

So when someone buys back in, are two people eliminated the next session or still only one? And when is the point of no buy-back?

You might get someone who's too invested to back out but keeps losing. I would suggest only allowing a single buy back, and doing a double elimination the next game, otherwise this could turn into a 3 year event. This way you'll do a max of 13-14 games I believe.

Edit: forgot to mention, this sounds awesome and appeals to my nature, but I can't sign on for a 12-????? Game purchasing spree. I hope this goes well though.

Regarding how the new games will be picked, I like the idea of a theme each month and then we vote out of 5-10 games or something. I read on the other thread that you wanted to start on November 1st, in that case I would say that you spend October getting sign ups, and voting all 12 games in. From there, we vote which game we will play, so even when we know all 12 games, the order in which we play the games will be voted on too, or something similar to that. Maybe each participant could PM you a 'Theme' with 5 games and you set up a poll every 5 days or something?

5% is probably the maximum for people that have started already, but I would say that you should judge on a per game basis, some games will give you 5% for pressing the start button ;).

Hopefully the people that don't partake in any way will be eliminated in the first round. 

Finish game first race! No need to make any overcomplicated points system for a multi-staged event like this, keep it simple.

Requirements wise - The obvious forum statistics for one, like minimum of 50 posts etc. Maybe since we're playing 12 different games, participants should have earned at least 12 100%/platinums? 

Exploits shouldn't be barred unless players are using cross-save shenanigans to insta unlock or gain considerable progress towards trophies. You can't exactly stop people from doing it anyway. 

I agree with a lot of what you say here Saltyie. I think a different theme each month sounds like a lot of fun. I will use the month of OCT to get it all signed up. Racing to the plat or 100% is easier to keep track of and really don't want to complicate thing. Lastly people who don't show up will be eliminated very quickly. 

So as far as eliminations and buy backs. 

Game 1 = 12

Game 2 = 11

Game 3 = 10

Game 4 = 09

Game 5 = 08

Game 6 = 07 

Game 7 = 06

Game 8 = 05

Game 9 = 04 

Game 10 = 03

Game 11 = 02 

... So let's say we finish the third game and we still have 3 players. At the end of that 3rd game, 3 people in last place would eliminated. That way once we get to the final game there would only be 1 winner even if we had 12 players still. If at the end of the third game though we only have 10 players because nobody bought back in, we would just eliminate 1 person. 

Make sense?

Side note: Would need to be 11 games not 12

• Like 1

Yes, but if you get down to two people in the last round and neither has bought back in yet, can the loser buy back in? Because that would add another game. If it's just 11 games start to finish,no matter who buys back, then that makes it simpler, which is what I believe you said in the post I quoted.

I was initially worried about two things. If someone bought back in, but only one person was eliminated, then that would add a game each time. You addressed this the way I would have. The other was that if you get down to game 11 and the last player bought back then it would extend the event. Your post clarified this for me as well. Looks like it'll work and be a lot of fun. :D

I told my brother about this contest I'm putting together and he would like to join. He didn't get into trophy hunting until he got a PS4 and we started playing Destiny together. Since then every Tuesday and Thursday we play something together. Since he started trophy hunting, He's got the plat in STFU, Destiny and Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition. He's also 100% Skulls of the shogun and Tomb raider and the temple of Osiris.

I'm wondering if anyone has a problem with him joining because he doesn't meet the current requirements? If you do, that's fine, he will try to get to the 11 plat/100% before then but it's going to just be easy games so what's the point or atleast that is my opinion.

Anyone have any issues with that? and don't worry..I won't take any offense to you guys saying no,,,we all need to agree on everything else so this should also be a group decision.

I told my brother about this contest I'm putting together and he would like to join. He didn't get into trophy hunting until he got a PS4 and we started playing Destiny together. Since then every Tuesday and Thursday we play something together. Since he started trophy hunting, He's got the plat in STFU, Destiny and Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition. He's also 100% Skulls of the shogun and Tomb raider and the temple of Osiris.

I'm wondering if anyone has a problem with him joining because he doesn't meet the current requirements? If you do, that's fine, he will try to get to the 11 plat/100% before then but it's going to just be easy games so what's the point or atleast that is my opinion.

Anyone have any issues with that? and don't worry..I won't take any offense to you guys saying no,,,we all need to agree on everything else so this should also be a group decision.

I'm fine with it and don't really see why anyone would have an issue with it. The worst thing that will happen is he won't play much and will get eliminated first which isn't so bad for everyone else. :P