There is nothing worse than duplicate platinum trophies...

MiamiNights89

Unless they were free and able to sync (sound shapes for example.. i mean, you may as well.)
I love collecting trophies just as much as the next person, but generally i hate seeing people on here with 100 - 200+ platinums, only to find that they've platinum'd steins;gate 10 times, jak and daxter collection twice, all 6 sound shapes, metal gear hd twice, sly collection 1,000,000 times, etc, etc..
I mean, there's nothing technically wrong with doing that, but i just personally find that it makes me just instantly stop looking at your profile or caring about your opinions on anything game/trophy related.
Surely i'm not the only person who feels this way? :P

Edited by MiamiNights89

No, you're not the only one. In fact, there are actually several topics about this very thing already on this site.

Here's one of them - https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/5517-poll-obtaining-a-platinum-more-than-once-on-the-same-account/?hl=%2Bsame

Personally speaking though, I couldn't care less. Who am I, or you or anyone else, to pass judgement about someone else because of what games they play, be it the same game on multiple platforms or multiple regions?

Edited by ScutumMagister
  • Like 3

No, you're not the only one. In fact, there are actually several topics about this very thing already on this site.

I imagine so! It just baffles me why you would want to fill your trophy list up just for the sake of it.

I would much rather a nice variation of games to be able to look at and think things like "ahh what a bastard that trophy was" or "i had so much fun going for the 100% on this game"

each to their own, mind. :) just throwing it out there, is all! 

How is someone's platinum 'duplication' affecting you? It's not cheating. I always wonder how people like you lose sleep over this stuff.

considering this site consists mainly of "my e-penis is bigger than yours" types, i just find it odd.

wearing a sock doesn't give you a bigger dick, so duplicating easy trophies for a better score doesn't make you a better gamer.

i never said it was cheating either.. at any point.

Well i love to platinum games another time, being it through another region or through ps4 remasters. Some games are just that good. You could say it's an easy way to earn trophies and you're totally right. But bottom line is, earning trophies is fun and doing it in a game you really like makes it all the more enjoyable. Different strokes for different folks people.

I've done,

- Sleeping dogs (ps3 & ps4)

- Virtue's last reward (NA & EU)

- Rayman Origins (PS3 & Psvita)

- Dead Nation (ps3 & ps4)

- Sly 1 (ps3 & psvita)

- TWD (ps3 & vita)

- TWAU (ps3 & ps4)

- R&C 2 (ps3 & vita)

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 1

Ah so the OP apparently thinks everyone plays games for the trophies. That explains a lot. Whatever did people do before trophies and achievements were created? People must have been so miserable having no reason to play games like they did for the 30 or so years before the trophies and achievements that we have now   :facepalm:

Edited by ScutumMagister
  • Like 4

Well i love to platinum games another time, being it through another region or through ps4 remasters. Some games are just that good. You could say it's an easy way to earn trophies and you're totally right. But bottom line is, earning trophies is fun and doing it in a game you enjoy makes it all more enjoyable. Different strokes for different folks people.

I've done,

- Sleeping dogs (ps3 & ps4)

- Virtue's last reward (NA & EU)

- Rayman Origins (PS3 & Psvita)

- Dead Nation (ps3 & ps4)

- Sly 1 (ps3 & psvita)

- TWD (ps3 & vita)

- TWAU (ps3 & ps4)

when a game is re-released on a different console, i totally get that, i mean, you wanna play it again in improved graphics and get a different feel.

this is more aimed at the "played it in chinese, german & japanese, even though i can only speak english" haha xD

Ah so the OP apparently thinks everyone plays games for the trophies. That explains a lot. Whatever did people do before trophies and achievements were created? People must have been so miserable having no reason to play games like they've been doing for the past 40 or so years without being able to earn trophies or achievements  :facepalm:

Sad thing is, I know people who won't touch a game if it has no trophies (really early PS3 titles) or it has no platinum. I love my trophies and I don't mind getting dupes but damn.

• Like 4

Ah so the OP apparently thinks everyone plays games for the trophies. That explains a lot. Whatever did people do before trophies and achievements were created? People must have been so miserable having no reason to play games like they did for the 30 or so years before the trophies and achievements that we have now   :facepalm:

when a person has 200+ platinums they obviously play for trophies.

i'm sorry but nobody accidentally platinums 200+ games.

So, are you going to hate me when I get the Nathan Drake Collection? I have all the Uncharted Plats already, but I enjoy Uncharted so much I want to play them again. I've never done duplicate plats before, I didn't want to, but Uncharted? How can I say no?

Basically, I'm not playing Uncharted again simply to pad out my trophy list, I'm playing them again so I can experience 3 top games with visual upgrades, and a new difficulty level. (I'm kinda hoping that all the trophies will be different, but I bet most will be the same)

I'm not having a go at you, just pointing out, don't be too quick to judge. These will be my first duplicate plats ever, but that doesn't make my opinions on games/trophies invalid to you does it?

• Like 2

when a person has 200+ platinums they obviously play for trophies.

i'm sorry but nobody accidentally platinums 200+ games.

I'm not there, but I certainly will get there eventually. I'm a gamer not a trophy hunter if a games fun or I can play it with someone I'll end up plating it twice i.e. theoretically I'd have the Dead Nation plat 3 times if I wasn't terrible at it but I play that game loads. the 7 sound shapes plats does seem ridiculous I do see our point there, as having 200+ plats and having 100 duplicaes seems like the number is insignificant.

Also I never bought a game twice anyting I have two versions of is because of either playstation plus or cross buy and if I paid for it i'm playing it.

EDIT: There's also games like Jak 1 I really like it so I platted it twice, I doubt i'll ever plat the Vita versio of 2 or 3 because I just don't like those games anywhere near as much as 1. Also don't forget duplicates happen if you crossplay I played Sly 4 switching between ps3 and Vita constantly, same with Guacamelee although taht might have only one trophy list.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 2

I'm not there, but I certainly will get there eventually. I'm a gamer not a trophy hunter if a games fun or I can play it with someone I'll end up plating it twice i.e. theoretically I'd have the Dead Nation plat 3 times if I wasn't terrible at it but I play that game loads. the 7 sound shapes plats does seem ridiculous I do see our point there, as having 200+ plats and having 100 duplicaes seems like the number is insignificant.

Also I never bought a game twice anyting I have two versions of is because of either playstation plus or cross buy and if I paid for it i'm playing it.

EDIT: There's also games like Jak 1 I really like it so I platted it twice, I doubt i'll ever plat the Vita versio of 2 or 3 because I just don't like those games anywhere near as much as 1. Also don't forget duplicates happen if you crossplay I played Sly 4 switching between ps3 and Vita constantly, same with Guacamelee although taht might have only one trophy list.

Thing is, a lot of the top trophy hunters do dupes and actually run a business for imported games.. I love my visual novels and the ones I've been platted were given to me from a friend but idk, it just gets ridiculous I guess. I know some Japanese but they are just using their guides on the games that have them for that quick platinum fix. If that's your thing, so be it. Trophy Hunters have different ways of going about trophies..

I'm going to reach 200 sometime next year I hope and of course there'll be some dupes in there but I enjoy most of the games I play so I don't mind getting that dupe per say. Like all of the Pirate Warrior games.

Edited by Cielle

i don't mean to come across as a bad person here, and i have no problem with people getting 2 plats on the same game because they enjoyed the game and want to play it on a different console with a different feel to it. but its just when somebody has the same game on the same console 2 or 3 times, its a bit odd.
each to their own, i just find it strange to do the same thing so many times for a trophy.
i mean you wouldnt brag about a real life trophy collection if it consisted only of the same event that you entered into under different names.
this is just my opinion, and were all right in whatever we say.

So, are you going to hate me when I get the Nathan Drake Collection? I have all the Uncharted Plats already, but I enjoy Uncharted so much I want to play them again. I've never done duplicate plats before, I didn't want to, but Uncharted? How can I say no?

Basically, I'm not playing Uncharted again simply to pad out my trophy list, I'm playing them again so I can experience 3 top games with visual upgrades, and a new difficulty level. (I'm kinda hoping that all the trophies will be different, but I bet most will be the same)

I'm not having a go at you, just pointing out, don't be too quick to judge. These will be my first duplicate plats ever, but that doesn't make my opinions on games/trophies invalid to you does it?

why would i hate you..? i don't even know you lol :P
and i see nothing wrong with replaying a game for visual upgrades or just fun in general, but if its just for "fun" a person would not need to repurchase the game from another region to do so. the only reason they would do that is for another platinum, nothing more.

also, this is more aimed at the players who literally have a trophy list consisting almost completely of duplicates.
nobody, and i repeat, NOBODY need to play frogger 3 or 4 times on different regions. like, seriously.. haha :P

Personally speaking though, I couldn't care less. Who am I, or you or anyone else, to pass judgement about someone else because of what games they play, be it the same game on multiple platforms or multiple regions?

I love you.

OT: I prefer seeing that someone had the effort of going through a game twice, rather than cloud synced it. I've gone through ALL my games without cross saves and there are a lot of them. Currently playing RnC with NetEntity too and loving the nostalgia from my PS3 plat.

And about the title: I really think that unnobtainable platinums are way worse than having duplicates on your profile.

Edited by TheYuriG

dead nation was one of the harder plats I've ever done (on my other account)

and jak and daxter the precursor legacy is one of my favourite games of all time!

I love you.

OT: I prefer seeing that someone had the effort of going through a game twice, rather than cloud synced it. I've gone through ALL my games without cross saves and there are a lot of them. Currently playing RnC with NetEntity too and loving the nostalgia from my PS3 plat.

And about the title: I really think that unnobtainable platinums are way worse than having duplicates on your profile.

everyone judges people, it's human nature.

although, i'd say my biggest hate is definitely online trophies.

considering how often servers just get shut down for seemingly no reason.

GT5 for example.

that game is loved and played by many.

Edited by MiamiNights89