Looking for a cheap Shooter to hold me over till Dust 514 and/or Borderlands 2.

JMadFour

Would you be open to suggestions for third person shooter as well? If so, Vanquish is fantastic and possibly one of the best shooter I've played this generation. EDF is also extremely fun as well. For first person shooters MAG is really fun, Killzone 3 is really fun and Battlefield 3 is great as well. I don't know the prices for any of the games though, but some should be cheap.

Parker

In terms of cheap, KZ3 is good, MAG was just okay (it bored me out), Medal of Honor (2010) is a very inexpensive steal. Homefront is really good. As everyone else said, what exactly are you looking for?

I am interested in Class/Squad based shooters where it isn't just all about killing the other guys (cause I'm not terribly good with that). I've always been more of a support type player, and I'd like to find a shooter where I can do that.

Not looking to spend 60 bucks on a game right now though, I just got a PS3 and I am just trying to get inexpensive stuff to play for now.

I'm interested in both the Killzone MP and MAG, but I can't decide between the two.

I'm wondering which will have more lasting power.

also, not interested in grenadespamfests.

Edited by JMadFour

Just don't get Killzone 3 and you'll be a happy man.

I'm not sure how much BF3 costs now in stores, but it sounds ideal for what you're describing. Its a squad based shooter, with lots of room for a support player.

Edited by Beautiful As Torment

MAG is nearly dead although it was such a great game, KZ3 was meh, BF3 is good, Crysis 2 is shocking online, Medal of Honor 2010 great game but online is very laggy and horrible delay. My guess would be BF3.

Edited by Brenden3

Just don't get Killzone 3 and you'll be a happy man.

I'm not sure how much BF3 costs now in stores, but it sounds ideal for what you're describing. Its a squad based shooter, with lots of room for a support player.

whats wrong with KZ3? I played the demo a little bit.

care to elaborate?

I am interested in Class/Squad based shooters where it isn't just all about killing the other guys (cause I'm not terribly good with that). I've always been more of a support type player, and I'd like to find a shooter where I can do that.

Not looking to spend 60 bucks on a game right now though, I just got a PS3 and I am just trying to get inexpensive stuff to play for now.

I'm interested in both the Killzone MP and MAG, but I can't decide between the two.

I'm wondering which will have more lasting power.

also, not interested in grenadespamfests.

You might wanna do some research on Team Fortress 2, or The Orange Box for PS3. It is pretty much exactly what you describe but I have no idea what the online community for the PS3 is like (it's huge on OC, but the game is also free for PC players) and while the game is fun on the PS3 it is really best played on the PC. If you have a halfway decent PC you should be able to run it, hell even if you're not sure you may as well download it and see if you like it because it's free.

Parker

i played both MAG and platted KZ3, so here's my take on both:

KZ3- to me, wasnt as good as 2, the story was better, more exciting at times, the melee kills are epic....but its not as hard. KZ2 on elite was a challenge i enjoyed...then again im weird like that. The online is pretty good....it can be really annoying and spawn camping can happen sometimes, especially thanks to Recon having cloaking abilities, but its definitely a decent play

MAG- first off...this game is dead. Anyways, the major-scale battles can be fun....but also hectic, and when you have 64-256 players near your spawn, things can suck...hell, with that many, even 10 can sneak past a group and camp a bit, so not always good. i played pre-patch mainly, and it was pretty crazy....not sure what to say, but i did stop playing for a while. post-patch, i played a bit....it was moer BS, but also much got nerf'd...i went on two matches and got 50 kills, which never happens...got DC'd on both though so it never counted. Do not recommend this game....its fun to play sometimes....SOMETIMES.

honestly, id say take Bioshock, Bad Company 2 if its cheaper....not either of them realy. but of the two...KZ3 is the better choice

Edited by McMuffin

Odds are you would redeem it just like any other code. If I recall it's one of the buttons at the top of the PS Store.

ah got it thanks.

DUST 514 Beta PSN code - QE4E-3NNA-99T5

Try that and get back to me.

didn't work. says it is Incorrect or no longer valid.

thanks anyway though.

• 2 weeks later...

I hear IGN is giving away beta codes, but i can't verify personally because i'm being IP blocked :shakefist: (don't want one, but still... ugh...)

If you get in, please remember the NDA (if any)

IGN is giving away Beta codes if you're a "prime" member I believe, and I think they are good for this weekend only, July 13th-16th. I was going to try and get one but there is no way in hell I'm paying to become a member of IGN.

Parker

IGN is giving away Beta codes if you're a "prime" member I believe, and I think they are good for this weekend only, July 13th-16th. I was going to try and get one but there is no way in hell I'm paying to become a member of IGN.

Parker

nah, i heard "prime" dudes had dibs from wednesday and everyone else from today...

lol, your not alone on the payin for "prime" part.... :)