Project Platinum: Ratchet & Clank

Dragon-Archon

• 3 weeks later...

Starting the 23rd of November, I'm going to do a Ratchet & Clank marathon where my ultimate goal is to finish every Ratchet & Clank game but I will probably also pickup each Ratchet & Clank platinum along the way. Writing a guide for Ratchet: Deadlocked / Gladiator also looks pretty tempting as that would earn me the Iris Student emblem. My estimated time for completing all of the games is mid-January although it would be nice if I could do it by the end of the year. Since I already have the Crack in Time and Reboot platinum I would ideally have all of the platinums and the guide written up by February. But that is assuming that I don't get side-tracked from the marathon. I'll see how it goes.

Edited by olimoo101
  • Like 1

Starting the 23rd of November, I'm going to do a Ratchet & Clank marathon where my ultimate goal is to finish every Ratchet & Clank game but I will probably also pickup each Ratchet & Clank platinum along the way. Writing a guide for Ratchet: Deadlocked / Gladiator also looks pretty tempting as that would earn me the Iris Student emblem. My estimated time for completing all of the games is mid-January although it would be nice if I could do it by the end of the year. Since I already have the Crack in Time and Reboot platinum, I would ideally have all of the platinums and the guide written up by February. But that is assuming that I don't get side-tracked from the marathon. I'll see how it goes.

Awesome, good luck with it and have fun :D. I'm hoping you'll write the guide too.

• Like 1

Sign me up for Squishy Vanquisher  7/9 games

Ratchet & Clank 1,2,3 Vita version

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

Ratchet & Clank:Full Frontal Assault

Ratchet & Clank:Into The Nexus

Ratchet & Clank PS4

Didn't enjoy so much all 4 one and Deadlocked but i want a full collection

Sign me up for Squishy Vanquisher  7/9 games

Ratchet & Clank 1,2,3 Vita version

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time

Ratchet & Clank:Full Frontal Assault

Ratchet & Clank:Into The Nexus

Ratchet & Clank PS4

Didn't enjoy so much all 4 one and Deadlocked but i want a full collection

Awesome, have fun hunting squishies while listening to that Courtney Gears CD :devil:.

I have 3 plats:

Ratchet and Clank

Ratchet and Clank 2

Ratchet and Clank 3

Just enough to be a part of Q-force Cadet  :)

That's great, just sign this form to agree we're not responsible for any injuries or death that may occur and you can pick up the green spandex suit, arcade video games, crotchitizer, and blaster in room 13 :awesome:.

Hi again! I just platted All 4 One so now I have 4 R&C plats :)

Can't wait to get my hands on A crack in time next  :D. I actually rented it and played it a little, but the disk was so scratched that it crashed when I got to Torren IV :( so I ended up returning it. Hopefully I'll be able to buy it, cause I really liked what I played so far.

Edited by TrunksUSSJ

Hi again! I just platted All 4 One so now I have 4 R&C plats :)

Can't wait to get my hands on A crack in time next  :D. I actually rented it and played it a little, but the disk was so scratched that it crashed when I got to Torren IV :( so I ended up returning it. Hopefully I'll be able to buy it, cause I really liked what I played so far.

Nice, congrats :yay:. Only one more for a promotion. A Crack in Time is definitely a fun game, it's one of my favourite R&C games along with R&C3, Tools of Destruction, and Into The Nexus.

• Like 1

An update as I've now earned the plat in Gladiator HD. It doesn't affect my rank though. Here is my new list:

1. Ratchet & Clank (PS3)
  2. Ratchet & Clank 2: Locked & Loaded (PS3)
  3. Ratchet & Clank 3 (PS3)
  4. Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
  5. Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time
  6. Ratchet: Gladiator HD
Edited by Stevieboy

An update as I've now earned the plat in Gladiator HD. It doesn't affect my rank though. Here is my new list:

1. Ratchet & Clank (PS3)
  2. Ratchet & Clank 2: Locked & Loaded (PS3)
  3. Ratchet & Clank 3 (PS3)
  4. Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
  5. Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time
  6. Ratchet: Gladiator HD

Nice, congrats Stevieboy :yay:. I'll change the amount of plats in the OP.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, took me long enough but I finally got the PS4 version done, What a great game. So I have done them all now, hopefully just for now......

Awesome, in recognition of your hard work you've been promoted to a guardian of the galaxy. Welcome to the Praetorians B).

hey guys sign me up. i have 3 plats!

Nice work, just sign this form to agree we're not responsible for any injuries or death that may occur and you can pick up the cadet goodies :awesome:.

• Like 2

The Guide of the Year Awards 2016 nomination thread is up. Feel free to nominate any guide published between December 2 2015 and December 1 2016 that you think should be the best/most helpful one. A full list of guides can be found in the thread.

Yay! This is exciting since I have a few guides in there, including a guide for UYA!

Oh, Dragon - I just platinumed the Japanese release / stack trophy list of PS Move Heroes. Does that count for anything?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished Ratchet & Clank PS4, giving me 7 total games. No bump in rank though. 

I actually had to do 2 challenge mode playthroughs because I missed Death by Disco due to me being sloppy, not consulting the guide as I played, and then missing a couple of early unique enemies. I started my Challenge Mode run the same day I completed the first playthrough, otherwise I could have gone back to my PS+ savegame copy. Oh well, it gave me more time to level up my weapons. I actually didn't max them all out until late in my second challenge mode playthrough, and I used my normal technique of switching guns when they maxed out, which has always served me in the past. I also had every weapon except the RYNO (and that gun levels up so fast I think it doesn't really count) almost as soon as they were available, and the only time I used maxed-out weapons was on bosses when my other weapons weren't cutting it. Without an Arena in this game, I guess grinding weapons by intentionally dying to bosses (which keeps weapons progress to that point) is needed to do a normal 2-playthrough platinum run. 

Anyway, maybe this will help anyone else starting the game. It helps to actually read the trophy guide and use it as a reference. :) 

I hope we get more Ratchet games when Insomniac is done with Spiderman, Sunset Overdrive 2 (I hope!), and that VR game. This one changed enough about the original to stay fresh, while also keeping enough to make long-time fans happy. And by long-time fans (in my case), I mean fans who discovered the classic trilogy on PS3 and realized what an awesome series it was, years after it had established itself. I think Crack in Time is still my favorite, but this one is a solid contender. 

Now the question is, will I finally force myself to finish Full Frontal Assault and All 4 One? I finished the story in both games but didn't like either enough to Platinum them, but that Lombax Praetorian title is tempting... 

47 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I finally finished Ratchet & Clank PS4, giving me 7 total games. No bump in rank though. 

I actually had to do 2 challenge mode playthroughs because I missed Death by Disco due to me being sloppy, not consulting the guide as I played, and then missing a couple of early unique enemies. I started my Challenge Mode run the same day I completed the first playthrough, otherwise I could have gone back to my PS+ savegame copy. Oh well, it gave me more time to level up my weapons. I actually didn't max them all out until late in my second challenge mode playthrough, and I used my normal technique of switching guns when they maxed out, which has always served me in the past. I also had every weapon except the RYNO (and that gun levels up so fast I think it doesn't really count) almost as soon as they were available, and the only time I used maxed-out weapons was on bosses when my other weapons weren't cutting it. Without an Arena in this game, I guess grinding weapons by intentionally dying to bosses (which keeps weapons progress to that point) is needed to do a normal 2-playthrough platinum run. 

Anyway, maybe this will help anyone else starting the game. It helps to actually read the trophy guide and use it as a reference. :) 

I hope we get more Ratchet games when Insomniac is done with Spiderman, Sunset Overdrive 2 (I hope!), and that VR game. This one changed enough about the original to stay fresh, while also keeping enough to make long-time fans happy. And by long-time fans (in my case), I mean fans who discovered the classic trilogy on PS3 and realized what an awesome series it was, years after it had established itself. I think Crack in Time is still my favorite, but this one is a solid contender. 

Now the question is, will I finally force myself to finish Full Frontal Assault and All 4 One? I finished the story in both games but didn't like either enough to Platinum them, but that Lombax Praetorian title is tempting... 

Nice, congrats :yay: .

I'm hoping for more R&C games too, especially a port of the PSP games that I never played.

You could just chip away at those plats.