Project Platinum Plus: Shonen Jump - Original

jemmie

3 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Forget Brave Soldiers, it's the same game with less characters and worse story mode, only worth it if you're a really big fan.

The first game in a series is generally going to be lower quality than the others, but it's still worth experiencing in my opinion. I was asking to see if order mattered. Thanks for the input though.

1 hour ago, jem said:

The first game in a series is generally going to be lower quality than the others, but it's still worth experiencing in my opinion. I was asking to see if order mattered. Thanks for the input though.

No, you don't get it, it's not lower quality, it's same quality, as in, it's the exact same game but with less things, it has the same fights on story mode (the ones that are on both games since Soldier's Souls has an extra story arc) with the same characters and the same challenges, with the same game modes, heck, even the trophy list is virtually the same, trust me, it's basically a beta version of Soldier's Souls with it being the full game release.

6 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

No, you don't get it, it's not lower quality, it's same quality, as in, it's the exact same game but with less things, it has the same fights on story mode (the ones that are on both games since Soldier's Souls has an extra story arc) with the same characters and the same challenges, with the same game modes, heck, even the trophy list is virtually the same, trust me, it's basically a beta version of Soldier's Souls with it being the full game release.

Hmm, that's disappointing. I'm going to play both eventually for the PP anyway, but now I see no reason why not to get Soldier's Souls first.

3 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Good luck with getting all assist phrases.

Thanks. Like I said, I won't start the game until I finish the anime. I think I have about 40 episodes left.

To those who are waiting on the new emblem, the reason it isn't up yet is because someone suggested even more emblems. I'm tweaking those a bit and am just going to update everything at once.

After I heard ``Saint Seiya`` I went to re-Download Brave Soldiers on my PS3.

I S-Rank all the battles in the Chapter Sanctuary(I did what Challenges I had left on that Chapter too)

I also conquered Galaxy War mode's bronze cup with mostly Shaina(I did one Battle with Hades just to hear what Athena would say then he wins)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jem said:

Hmm, that's disappointing. I'm going to play both eventually for the PP anyway, but now I see no reason why not to get Soldier's Souls first.

If you want both plats then yeah, play Soldier's Soul first, that way it might feel like Brave Soldier's is a faster plat since the story mode is shorter, also no cutscenes, it's all speech bubbles with the ocasional screenshot taken from the anime thrown into the mix so you might feel like skipping those since you already got a better story mode with SS, it has a better grinding though, on SS you'll be grinding for assist phrases (basically buffs for gameplay like 10% more Healt or starting a fight with a full 6th sense bar), while on BS you'll be grinding for pics of Saint Seiya Toys and TCG cards, and those are beautifull to look at.

• Like 1

Almost done with Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers

I completed every chapter of Saint Chronicles 100% and got all Cards(I only needed to S Rank Half of the Story Mode)

while I was Re-Playing every battle with a Challenges, I was listening to this

I also conquered Survival mode's Silver class(It`s way faster than Galaxy War mode)

• Like 2

Just now, jem said:

If you were so close to the end, why did you stop?

Hmm... I started on it two years ago and played it to I have beaten Story Saint Chronicles and unlocked the two Saints and got all Big Bang Attack movie before I delete it to go to some other game on PS3. I was not that serious about Plats at that time as I`am now(the only Plats I went for at that time was mostly LEGO and Neptunia games + any game I was close to plat on)

• Like 1

I finally got a chance to play more Storm and just finished the story. The final arc was pretty good (my favorite arc in the original series), but it sucked to see the Sound Four as just support characters. They're pretty underrated in my opinion.

Someone finally used an ultimate attack on me, so my only fighting trophy left is to win a jutsu clash. Hopefully I get it while grinding out missions. I still don't know how I'm getting the shuriken trophies, but the rest of what I have left seems pretty straightforward.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jem said:

I finally got a chance to play more Storm and just finished the story. The final arc was pretty good (my favorite arc in the original series), but it sucked to see the Sound Four as just support characters. They're pretty underrated in my opinion.

Someone finally used an ultimate attack on me, so my only fighting trophy left is to win a jutsu clash. Hopefully I get it while grinding out missions. I still don't know how I'm getting the shuriken trophies, but the rest of what I have left seems pretty straightforward.

You need to upgrade your holster in the shop. For every upgrade you can get 1 more shuriken and maximum is 10.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jem said:

Go to Free Battle, pick Naruto (rasengan), and have your opponent pick Naruto (rasengan). Once the battle starts, wait untikl your opponent performs the rasengan, then you perform your rasengan, and win. It's easier to do it with a second controller.

This will also work with Sasuke (chidori) and Kakashi.

Edited by GarciaFever

35 minutes ago, HcG Clawz said:

You need to upgrade your holster in the shop. For every upgrade you can get 1 more shuriken and maximum is 10.

Thanks! That sounds pretty easy!

21 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Go to Free Battle, pick Naruto (rasengan), and have your opponent pick Naruto (rasengan). Once the battle starts, wait untikl your opponent performs the rasengan, then you perform your rasengan, and win. It's easier to do it with a second controller.

This will also work with Sasuke (chidori) and Kakashi.

The problem is my roommate only has one controller. I'm trying it with the Naruto vs Sasuke fight, but every time Sasuke uses Chidori (about once a match), he just stops his attack before we clash.

1 hour ago, jem said:

Thanks! That sounds pretty easy!

The problem is my roommate only has one controller. I'm trying it with the Naruto vs Sasuke fight, but every time Sasuke uses Chidori (about once a match), he just stops his attack before we clash.

Then all I can say is try to keep your distance until he does it again.

The new emblems are here! As promised, Cell Games is now a challenge emblem, earned for prepping seven plats across all Plat Rain Days. Congrats to @Leon Castle for being the first to earn it.

Also, after some persuasion, I was convinced to make the bonus emblems, A Tale of Bonds and A New Generation, earned by platting all of the Naruto PS3 and PS4 games respectively. If you earned Hokage as early as when the PP first started, you have already met the requirements for A Tale of Bonds, so 15 people already have that emblem. As for A New Generation, I have a pretty good idea about who will get it first (if someone hasn't earned it already).

1 hour ago, GarciaFever said:

Then all I can say is try to keep your distance until he does it again.

Yep, I'll get it eventually.

• Like 1

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast: I have unlocked all items, Now I just need to buy them. Is the World Tournament with 16 Players on Hard the best way to get lot of D-Points very fast?

Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers: I conquered survival mode(the best character to use was The Sea God Poseidon with his normal :triangle: Combo, kinda looks and works like ``Almighty Push`` from Naruto), does characters with Surplice(a Specter) characters have titles? the only Specters i did not use much was the Former Gold Saints(Expect Shion)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jem said:

Also, after some persuasion, I was convinced to make the bonus emblems, A Tale of Bonds and A New Generation, earned by platting all of the Naruto PS3 and PS4 games respectively. If you earned Hokage as early as when the PP first started, you have already met the requirements for A Tale of Bonds, so 15 people already have that emblem. As for A New Generation, I have a pretty good idea about who will get it first (if someone hasn't earned it already).

Very nice to see some more emblems that I can unlock. Also, you should put a disclaimer for the Cell Games emblem that they need to prep 7 Shonen Jump games so as to not have any confusion between prepping 7 plats from any games, and prepping 7 plats from Shonen Jump games. Also, do they have to be plats from the original list, or can I combine it with games where they only count for emblems, such as the To Love-ru games?

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast: I have unlocked all items, Now I just need to buy them. Is the World Tournament with 16 Players on Hard the best way to get lot of D-Points very fast?

I vaguely remember doing that method for D-Points. It's one of the best, if not the best strategy.

34 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Very nice to see some more emblems that I can unlock. Also, you should put a disclaimer for the Cell Games emblem that they need to prep 7 Shonen Jump games so as to not have any confusion between prepping 7 plats from any games, and prepping 7 plats from Shonen Jump games. Also, do they have to be plats from the original list, or can I combine it with games where they only count for emblems, such as the To Love-ru games?

Like all Challenge emblems, filler counts.

• Like 1

I tried getting a jutsu clash for TWO HOURS yesterday, only to get it in my first fight today. That's how life goes I suppose.

That being said, I now have a shiny new plat and my Hokage emblem back! I didn't complete any challenges this time around, but there are still a few games left to fix that (I really don't have many left, do I? ^-^').

• Like 2

Got both Dragon Ball: Raging Blast and Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers`s plats today

1. 1Sf3b2e4.pngDragon Ball: Raging Blast
  2. 1Sa705c6.pngSaint Seiya: Brave Soldiers

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast: Would have got this on my first Rain Day if not for that damn God of Destruction Trophy All Ruined, besides that and the ``D-Points`` grind.

It was a fun game

Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers: Got this game two years as I wanted to try a new Fighting game and it reminded me of some Cartoon(might have been a Anime) I saw then we had Non-Norway TV channels(which was 14 years ago) this game turned out to be fun and 2 years later then I heard Shonen Jump PP talk about Saint Seiya, I went to PlayStation store to re-download it to finish it.

if anyone want a go at a Saint Seiya game, play Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul(It`s better and have the Filler Anime story and characters from Asgard and Soul of Gold... not Omega however) or go for Brave Soldiers if you only care about the Manga Story

that Said why is the Saint Seiya Emblem called Omega then Saint Seiya Omega is just like Dragon Ball GT? I know It`s way too late to ask

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Leon Castle said:

Got both Dragon Ball: Raging Blast and Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers`s plats today

1. 1Sf3b2e4.pngDragon Ball: Raging Blast
  2. 1Sa705c6.pngSaint Seiya: Brave Soldiers

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast: Would have got this on my first Rain Day if not for that damn God of Destruction Trophy All Ruined, besides that and the ``D-Points`` grind.

It was a fun game

Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers: Got this game two years as I wanted to try a new Fighting game and it reminded me of some Cartoon(might have been a Anime) I saw then we had Non-Norway TV channels(which was 14 years ago) this game turned out to be fun and 2 years later then I heard Shonen Jump PP talk about Saint Seiya, I went to PlayStation store to re-download it to finish it.

if anyone want a go at a Saint Seiya game, play Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul(It`s better and have the Filler Anime story and characters from Asgard and Soul of Gold... not Omega however) or go for Brave Soldiers if you only care about the Manga Story

that Said why is the Saint Seiya Emblem called Omega then Saint Seiya Omega is just like Dragon Ball GT? I know It`s way too late to ask

Congrats! You're really plowing through these games. Just a few more until you reach plat rank! Do you have any idea of what you're going for next?

I made the Saint Seiya emblem (and many others) with little to no knowledge of the series. Part of the fun of owning this PP is that I can experience so many new series, most of them being pretty good.

Speaking of Saint Seiya, I had a spare 20 minutes, so I at least tested out Soldiers Soul. I've watched about 2/3 of Saint Seiya so far, and while I wouldn't exactly call it bad, it has more than its fair share of cringy moments. I really want to give this game a chance, and other than the graphics being kind of low-quality for a game made in 2015, I at least enjoyed the little I got to play of the game. Hopefully, I'll be able to play more soon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jem said:

Congrats! You're really plowing through these games. Just a few more until you reach plat rank! Do you have any idea of what you're going for next?

Thank you. of the Shonen Jump games... I think Soldiers Soul as I have to make some space on my PS4.

12 hours ago, jem said:

I made the Saint Seiya emblem (and many others) with little to no knowledge of the series. Part of the fun of owning this PP is that I can experience so many new series, most of them being pretty good.

awesome how you did get almost all the emblems fit the Manga/Anime they was based on ?, you can still rename Omega Saint to Gold Saint.

Edited by Leon Castle
  • Like 1