How to Start Becoming a Trophy Hunter?

tstanish

Hello everyone! I was wondering, whats the best way to start trophy hunting?

I've always seen people with more than 1,000's of trophies and I'm jealous. So, I want to become a trophy hunter.

What is the best way to start?

I'm only at 262 trophies as of writing this :/

• Like 1

I've always seen people with more than 1,000's of trophies and I'm jealous. So, I want to become a trophy hunter.

Start on Infamous, it's Very easy and Heaps of fun and then continue doing Uncharted and you'll have 2 platinum's and you'll get the lust and joy of earning trophies, play your absolute favorites and if their too long and tough just leave it for later when you feel like you've got the power within you to beat them, remember practice is futile and it will help you get the hardest trophies.

Oh and an important note, it's not how much trophies you have, it's about challenging and pushing yourself to the limit because anybody can beat Lego games and japanese novels, this is how you start becoming a trophy hunter, feel free to msg as their are millions of more answers out there.

Set loose goals, not rules, for yourself. Having something to shoot for is nice, but the last thing you want to do is burn yourself out.

To start just play what seems like fun and go from there. Don't play a game just because it had easy trophies, you'll hate yourself in the morning. Have fun and welcome.

• Like 2

Start on Infamous, it's Very easy and Heaps of fun and then continue doing Uncharted and you'll have 2 platinum's and you'll get the lust and joy of earning trophies, play your absolute favorites and if their too long and tough just leave it for later when you feel like you've got the power within you to beat them, remember practice is futile and it will help you get the hardest trophies.

Oh and an important note, it's not how much trophies you have, it's about challenging and pushing yourself to the limit because anybody can beat Lego games and japanese novels, this is how you start becoming a trophy hunter, feel free to msg as their are millions of more answers out there.

I don't have Infamous anymore :/. My friend brought it over one time. I just keep thinking on how much trophies I have, I didn't think it the other way.

Edited by tstanish

Play a lot of games that you enjoy and the rest should come naturally.

As for platinums, try platting a game you really enjoy. Once you earn that first one, the addiction will slowly consume you! xD

• Like 2

I don't have Infamous anymore :/. My friend brought it over one time. I just keep thinking on how much trophies I have, I didn't think it the other way.

Ring ya mate up and ask for it. ;)

I once thought about doing lots of easy games for more trophies back 4 years ago but anyone can do it, just put in 10 - 20 hours and boom easy plat done, but hey if you check out the most common platinum trophies you'll not be surprised, the top trophy hunters in the world have very little difficult games, as there are more easy games avaliable then hard or extreme games you can find that out on psntl which has better accurate stats.

Telltale games are easy platinums and I know most people look down on players who play them because they think it's just an easy platinum but these are what got me into trophy hunting and they are all very fun and have great stories especially the walking dead and tales from the borderlands. I personally like sports games so I try to platinum every sports game I get and some of those are challenging like making it to the super bowl in Madden 16 Ultimate Team. Play the games you love and the trophies will come, once you notice yourself getting close to a platinum go for it and get the last few trophies you need. This way you won't get burned out and you aren't playing a game just for the trophies. 

The way I started was by earning my first trophy. People typically start something by doing it for the first time.

For how to continue, set loose goals and only play things you enjoy. My goal has always been to have fun. Outside of that I'll set small goals like improving my trophy per day count by at least .1 every month or reaching a certain level by the end of a month. I'll also use a feature another site has that lets me know how many days in a row I've earned a trophy. I try to aim for at least one day more each time my streak breaks.

My advice would be to only compete with yourself. It's impossible to pass the people who share accounts on the leaderboard so I'm content with just being better than the me from yesterday rather than comparing myself with others.

Edited by Jibril
  • Like 3

All of the people you see with thousands of trophies didn't get them overnight. You have to be patient and work at it. I got my first game with trophies 7 years ago. I'm not what you would call a hardcore trophy hunter, but I enjoy the games I play and play whenever I have free time. If you have PS+ get the free games that interest you. I buy a lot of my games during the holidays and very rarely buy games on release. You can save a lot of money waiting for sales. Just beware of the dreaded backlog.

Start with games you enjoy, but make sure you check in advance for the trophies to see if they're available. Other than that, just have fun. 

Enjoyment is the most important thing. Finding your favorite genre and what it is you like about those particular games is a big first step but dont limit yourself either. There are some hidden gems out for every copy/paste 2d indie that we have been flooded with the past few years.

If jrpg happens to be a niche you find yourself enjoying, research the game first if you want trophies to be a top priority as those are very long games to plat/100% but the story can be rewarding if that is what you are chasing. But trophy hunting with those can lead to burn out quickly. Start with Final Fantasy type-0 HD (and its guide/s) if you have ps4 or the ffxiii trilogy on ps3. The last two are about short/medium length to plat compared to other jrpgs and the easiest to get acclimated with. Since most jrpgs have some sort of turn based combat involved.

The tales series gets rave reviews as well, but very long. 

Always read reviews and skim guides first looking for buggy or glitchy games. Fallout 3 for example, amazing game if you played it on pc or xbox but not so much on ps3 unless you dump your cache every 4 hours, and even then....meh

• Like 1

I just don't know what game to start with. Any game I have I will be willing to play I just don't know where start.

This is my collection of games:

Killzone Trilogy

Call of Duty Black Ops

Call of Duty World at War

WATCH_DOGS

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty Advance Warfare

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

GTA 5

The Last of Us

Sonic Generations

Midnight Club Los Angeles

Fallout New Vegas

Uncharted 3

Call of Duty Ghost

Call of Duty 3

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sega Superstars Tennis (I don't know where I got this.)

RAGE Anarchy Edition

Little Big Planet 1 & 2

Medal of Honor

Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway

Battlefied 3

Tomb Raider Underworld

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

Sports Champions

Portal 2 (Disk doesn't work for some odd reason.)

Medal of Honor Airborne

Uncharted 2

Uncharted Drake's Fortune.

I usually check an online trophy guide for missables and possible glitched trophies, if a guide for the game yet exists.

I just don't know what game to start with. Any game I have I will be willing to play I just don't know where start.

This is my collection of games:

Killzone Trilogy

Call of Duty Black Ops

Call of Duty World at War

WATCH_DOGS

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Call of Duty Advance Warfare

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

GTA 5

The Last of Us

Sonic Generations

Midnight Club Los Angeles

Fallout New Vegas

Uncharted 3

Call of Duty Ghost

Call of Duty 3

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sega Superstars Tennis (I don't know where I got this.)

RAGE Anarchy Edition

Little Big Planet 1 & 2

Medal of Honor

Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway

Battlefied 3

Tomb Raider Underworld

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

Sports Champions

Portal 2 (Disk doesn't work for some odd reason.)

Medal of Honor Airborne

Uncharted 2

Uncharted Drake's Fortune.

The Uncharted games are pretty easy and straight forward. They basically take 2 playthroughs, one on whatever and one on Crushing difficulty which will unlock after completion. Watch out for treasures along the way. It has chapter select so nothing is missable.

Does call of duty 4 have trophies? I don't think it does but you should check. COD waw plat is VERY hard but fun to just play. Little big planet is a long grind from what I hear but fun to play. Sports champion requires move, do you have that? 

Personally, I think you should start with uncharted series. Watch dogs has a ton of collectibles, don't let the icons overwhelm you.

Does call of duty 4 have trophies? I don't think it does but you should check. COD waw plat is VERY hard but fun to just play. Little big planet is a long grind from what I hear but fun to play. Sports champion requires move, do you have that? 

Personally, I think you should start with uncharted series. Watch dogs has a ton of collectibles, don't let the icons overwhelm you.

Yeah I have started Uncharted Drakes Fortune, I'm just going to have trouble with the Crushing mode.

Yeah I have started Uncharted Drakes Fortune, I'm just going to have trouble with the Crushing mode.

Don't worry about crushing mode until you play crushing mode. Get good at the game, learning the mechanics and the missions first. After you played through it once go back through it again on a higher difficulty, how many bullets can you take before you die, where do the gun placements spawn, etc. Or you can play through each of the three on normal then go back through on hard or crushing. 

Nope, the Xbox 360 version has achievements though

I knew xbox did, I almost 1000'd it there but was pretty certain it didn't have trophy support.

Edited by Not_like_therest

Game, game, game oh and game! Use ps3trophies.org for the trophy guides. Your post takes me away back to 2009, i seen all these profiles with silly amount of trophies i'm like ' WTF how did they get so many? That's so amazing' Look where i am now :) sitting with over 10k trophies with 199 platinums, you'll catch up to me in no time. I will say one thing though, trophy hunting will eventually burn you out for awhile, happened me and i had to take a good 4 month break but back into the swing of things now. 

• Like 1