Dragon Fin Soup Trophy List Discussion

Xel

I'm actually struggling with survival mode a bit.. It's 25 floors right? Well how do you know what floor you're even on? My problem is how the enemies scale to you. They seem to become more and more badass compared to you over time.. And I was like level 40 something.. And I was fighting a level 70 boss. It might've been one of those lesser monsters (fairies, bees/wasps, etc) but bosses seem a lil ridiculous the higher level you get..

I used the mummy, and I'm not sure how many floors there are but I was able to hold up for a good amount of floors, and then I just ran away from everything looking for the stairs the last couple floors since it does get pretty ridiculous. Once I got to the final boss I just spammed drain/bombs. Once things get out of hand I recommend using a cloud save in case things go south quickly

Correct me if I'm wrong... Following the theories checked so far one might be able to play survival and eventually get a seed that will create a level with the runething and skeletons too. Then one should be able to complete the runes, kill all the skeletons (and other enemies) in that level, get drunk and then die and select try again (or whatever the option says in English, I play in Spanish...)

If I am not wrong that will grant you, after a couple hors of grinding, Rune Master, Executioner, Big Boner, Drunken Master and, eventually, Angel of Death. I won't have time to check this until next week, but I'll give it a try then.

About rune master... Do you have to check the stone that gives you the combination each time you restart? Or one may go straight to the puzzle solving without looking for the stone? I'll appreciate any clue on that! Thanks!

Oh ok, I'll add it to the guide then.

Btw I checked and Big Boner also works like this method :

1. Go to Endless Labirinth

2. Find seed with more skeletons

3. Kill all skeletons and bomb yourself

4. Repeat until Big Boner pops

Correct me if I'm wrong... Following the theories checked so far one might be able to play survival and eventually get a seed that will create a level with the runething and skeletons too. Then one should be able to complete the runes, kill all the skeletons (and other enemies) in that level, get drunk and then die and select try again (or whatever the option says in English, I play in Spanish...)

If I am not wrong that will grant you, after a couple hors of grinding, Rune Master, Executioner, Big Boner, Drunken Master and, eventually, Angel of Death. I won't have time to check this until next week, but I'll give it a try then.

About rune master... Do you have to check the stone that gives you the combination each time you restart? Or one may go straight to the puzzle solving without looking for the stone? I'll appreciate any clue on that! Thanks!

If you're going for rune master and you're on the same seed - first the 5 symbols are ALWAYS at the same region 

So if they are at the upper right corner of the map they'll always be there - they may go just a little bit left / down / up / right but they will always be in the upper right corner

And second yes - it is always the same combination as your first one and you don't have to look at the obelisk every time

Btw I checked and Big Boner also works like this method :

1. Go to Endless Labirinth

2. Find seed with more skeletons

3. Kill all skeletons and bomb yourself

4. Repeat until Big Boner pops

Yeah I tried it yesterday and added it to the guide after the trophy popped :D. But thanks for testing it out too.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Yeah I tried it yesterday and added it to the guide after the trophy popped :D. But thanks for testing it out too.

I just wanted to know how you got the Angel of Death since every time I do the 100 deaths in Survival it just crashes on the 99th one ...  :S

I did it 4 times and maybe I am doing something wrong ?? Because I see many people have it now

And yeah I actually tried Big Boner before 3 days but I just forgot to post it  :)

I used the mummy, and I'm not sure how many floors there are but I was able to hold up for a good amount of floors, and then I just ran away from everything looking for the stairs the last couple floors since it does get pretty ridiculous. Once I got to the final boss I just spammed drain/bombs. Once things get out of hand I recommend using a cloud save in case things go south quickly

Worked like a charm man!! Thank you so much! Wow. I beat it in 2 hours and 15 minutes.. I was level 36, too.. I did it quick as hell with the mummy.. Great tip. Thanks again!

I just wanted to know how you got the Angel of Death since every time I do the 100 deaths in Survival it just crashes on the 99th one ...  :S

I did it 4 times and maybe I am doing something wrong ?? Because I see many people have it now

And yeah I actually tried Big Boner before 3 days but I just forgot to post it  :)

You have to do all 100 in 1 sitting without quitting to the XMB or the game crashing. I'm playing on the Vita, so the game always crashes before I get to 100. Which is why I don't have Angel of Death yet.

Which system is the best to play this game, crash-wise?

I want to try for a few of the trophies that don't require prior progress while we are waiting for a patch.

I can't speak for PS4 but PS3 and Vita both crash pretty reliably  :lol: maybe it's because I started on the vita but PS3 seems a liiiiitle bit better. Once I learned the kill/rune trophies were all meant to be in one run I've only tried the PS3 and I was able to get runes and Skeles, but it crashed before I got executioner and I haven't even gotten close to 100 deaths without a crash on either system. 

One question about story mode, I read the trophy guide and I was relieved to learn Ramza's delivery quest wasn't required, so I kept doing quests for Kobal (?) until I got the quests to get the scientists. I did the same for the next quest where basically they told me they needed more time. White shirt girl did say they needed more money and materials or whatever and to ask Ramza for jobs. Since then I've done ~10 quests for Kobal and nothing new has happened, I go back to FREEM after every completed side quest. Just curious if I do this until the end of the story (Kobal --> FREEM, look for a scene) or if I'm wasting my time and I need to do something else for this one. Thanks!

• Like 1

I want to try for a few of the trophies that don't require prior progress while we are waiting for a patch.

Playing on PS4 here and it crashed 4 times - all of them when I had 99 deaths (going for Angel of Death) ... So I think it's the best of the 3
  • Like 1

PS4 seems to crash the least, naturally it's the console I don't own  :rolleyes: .

One question about story mode, I read the trophy guide and I was relieved to learn Ramza's delivery quest wasn't required, so I kept doing quests for Kobal (?) until I got the quests to get the scientists. I did the same for the next quest where basically they told me they needed more time. White shirt girl did say they needed more money and materials or whatever and to ask Ramza for jobs. Since then I've done ~10 quests for Kobal and nothing new has happened, I go back to FREEM after every completed side quest. Just curious if I do this until the end of the story (Kobal --> FREEM, look for a scene) or if I'm wasting my time and I need to do something else for this one. Thanks!

Tip for future reference: quote me when asking questions like these ;). I was in the same situation and just kept doing quests for Kobal, while checking in every time after completing his quests. It did take me between 3-11 quests to see some progress. And yeah that cutscene basically means do more side quests. But on the bright side: the next time the story progresses, you'll start the final mission :D.

Any suggestion for a good number of skeletons to settle with so as to not waste time?

Well I did 10 times 10 skeletons but it all depends on the seed you've got because if you get a bad seed you can end up with 3 skeletons (I saw one of those myself)

So you can do 7-8-9 or even 10 if you get lucky enough... If you find 8 or more than I think you're good to go :) Because 8 or more means max 12.5 runs which you can do in 1 hour (I did it in 52 mins)

Well, there is another platinum "achiever" out there... ¬.¬ Same hours, minutes and seconds for each trophy... 

I guess this answers our question... The plat is not achievable through legitimate means. At least not yet. Such a pitty...  :facepalm:

I already knew these weren't legit but i thought maybe he or she got lucky but after seeing another achiever with same time and min this conform they both freaky cheaters!!

Wondering why they didn't get flagged yet. Devs said the trophies are glitched and they are working on a patch*. LucasLanFranchi was a MYPST user, got banned for hacking on his previous account and created this new one and they didn't accept him there anymore, so he came here. It just saddens me a lot that 2 brazilians hacked this game, it makes my country look really bad, at least to me.

*patch should be out really soon for PC players, but should take a while for console players since the porting was made by another company and they need to send all the patching data to them before they port the patch too.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 3

I think everyone was just hopeful that there would be a way to obtain those trophies and wondering which hoops needed to be jumped through.

Question for those who completed the Story Mode: Is there a post game where you can continue to wander and do missions and such? I am hesitant to complete the story otherwise, due to unobtainable trophies from the bugs. If I can pick those up post-game, though, then I will probably start back on that once I finish playing around with the Labarynth specific trophies.

Yes. You can continue playing and are actually somewhat encouraged to do so (as I discuss in the spoilers thread), so there aren't just completely no incentives.. There are, however, areas that will be inaccessible but I don't think that these areas interfere with the trophies, as I explored them fully, I can say that with confidence pre-patch, at least..

• Like 1

Well I did 10 times 10 skeletons but it all depends on the seed you've got because if you get a bad seed you can end up with 3 skeletons (I saw one of those myself)

So you can do 7-8-9 or even 10 if you get lucky enough... If you find 8 or more than I think you're good to go :) Because 8 or more means max 12.5 runs which you can do in 1 hour (I did it in 52 mins)

I got a seed with 16 Skeletons :dance:.

Question for those who completed the Story Mode: Is there a post game where you can continue to wander and do missions and such? I am hesitant to complete the story otherwise, due to unobtainable trophies from the bugs. If I can pick those up post-game, though, then I will probably start back on that once I finish playing around with the Labarynth specific trophies.

Yeah there's a postgame.

Wondering why they didn't get flagged yet. Devs said the trophies are glitched and they are working on a patch*. LucasLanFranchi was a MYPST user, got banned for hacking on his previous account and created this new one and they didn't accept him there anymore, so he came here. It just saddens me a lot that 2 brazilians hacked this game, it makes my country look really bad, at least to me.

*patch should be out really soon for PC players, but should take a while for console players since the porting was made by another company and they need to send all the patching data to them before they port the patch too.

They seem to be flagged now. I know how you feel. I once found out 2 Dutchies completely plagiarized a guide :(.

Grimm Bros has been saying that ever since the game has been released. And they still won't reveal which company did the port.

• Like 1

I got a seed with 16 Skeletons :dance:.

Yeah there's a postgame.

They seem to be flagged now. I know how you feel. I once found out 2 Dutchies completely plagiarized a guide :(.

Grimm Bros has been saying that ever since the game has been released. And they still won't reveal which company did the port.

Wow you were pretty lucky :)

And also I saw you haven't got Executioner which I got the same "kill all enemies ; bomb ; repeat" way 

If you can survive without crashing maybe 40 times (because 40x16 = 640 and there are certainly some more enemies) maybe you should get it

At least that worked for me 

Wow you were pretty lucky :)

And also I saw you haven't got Executioner which I got the same "kill all enemies ; bomb ; repeat" way 

If you can survive without crashing maybe 40 times (because 40x16 = 640 and there are certainly some more enemies) maybe you should get it

At least that worked for me 

I tried going for that one too, but the game crashed after 23 suicides. I gave up afterwards. Completing Survival Mode is the only trophy I'll try. The rest will be done after the patch has been released. 

I've gotten stuck in Story Mode and am not sure what the next step is. While in his hut Jin told me to do something, but didn't give the task as a quest and his current dialogue is of no help. Today I log back in to continue and I can't recall what he wants me to hurry up for. I believe he said to find more work, possibly from Kobal? I just have no idea where Kobal's location is at.. or if that is even the required next step for the story.  :|