Dragon Fin Soup Trophy List Discussion

Xel

Hey guys! I have a question, not sure where should I ask... The thing is that I played this game for quite some time and ended with the majority of the trophies one may get. But since we are not sure whether the patch will come out (ever) I deleted my profile before sync and thus deleted the trophy set from my list. (I don't want games that cannot be 100%ed because of bugs in my list)

The thing is that I have my save file ready to be loaded if the patch comes, but many trophies (the laby ones) will pop at the same time. Is there any rule against that both on the PSN and on this site? Because I wouldn't like to be banned because of that! I'll get them one by one if that's the case.

I hope anyone has an answer for me, explaining this is getting complicated for me xD Thanks in advance!!

According to Sony's rules it would be cheating to pop so many trophies in a short amount time and because you deleted your profile before syncing, you have no proof of obtaining them legit. I'd say to start the game and re-earn all those trophies.

• Like 1

According to Sony's rules it would be cheating to pop so many trophies in a short amount time and because you deleted your profile before syncing, you have no proof of obtaining them legit. I'd say to start the game and re-earn all those trophies.

Well I guess I'll have to take the long way... It's a funny game anyways so I hope they come up with a suitable patch.

Thank you very much for your answer  :wave:

I found this rather "in-depth" update about the patch on their forum. :rolleyes:

I just don't get how that's even an acceptable answer.

I agree. That sort of answer is rather unprofessional... I kwon it's their first game but MEN!!!! Buyers certainly deserve more respect than that.

I don't see how he's disrespected buyers, he repeated himself many times saying that it's being done by a third party and there's not much they can do- now he must be annoyed, so he wrote this long detailed explanation, which is more than what he owes anyone. Even then he has not been insulting, he just explains the memory issues, the timing problems of the QA process, and also a little about the work schedule of the porting studio (which we should take as a good thing: it's a sign to stop being unrealistic and holding your breath over the biggest holiday period of the year).

I'm still hoping it comes early in 2016, but given that it's not finished at this point in December there's no chance it's coming out in 2015.

Then again even I got frustrated last week and posted in the PS patch thread, but now I let my PS+ expire so I'll just renew later whenever this is fixed or something.

I get that Grimm Bro's hands are tied, it's just more irksome that the porting studio can get away with it like that, I suppose. I mean, it's really like they didn't even put the game into a console at any point during the port.

But yes! Fingers crossed for early 2016.

I get that Grimm Bro's hands are tied, it's just more irksome that the porting studio can get away with it like that, I suppose. I mean, it's really like they didn't even put the game into a console at any point during the port.

But yes! Fingers crossed for early 2016.

The fact that the porting studio did not want to be in the credits "last minute" sounds suspicious to me. I think they DID put it in a console and decided they didn't want their name associated with it... Edited by SolarCat02
  • Like 2

To be honest, if I was being harsh, I would say they released the PS versions unfinished, and one can only assume that is 'on them' and by them I mean the porting studio. Of course the PC version was unfinished too, but it was fixed very quickly (like I said first patch was too days), and as far as I can tell it's stable now with improvements.

The PS versions have crippling memory leak problems on two out of three and in this case two out of three is pretty bad. From what we've heard the Vita version at least was not ready for release, which should lend some credence to every time a studio has delayed their 'seemingly simple' Vita port (Teslagrad, for example).

Anyway, as much as we can be mad at the porting studio for not doing a good or finished job of it, at the end of the day at least they did it- for a 5-person PC indie dev team we wouldn't be seeing it on PS at all if it weren't for them. Even if it takes a while, as long as the patch comes out and is good, it'll be okay in the end right...?

I don't see how he's disrespected buyers, he repeated himself many times saying that it's being done by a third party and there's not much they can do- now he must be annoyed, so he wrote this long detailed explanation, which is more than what he owes anyone.

I say it's about time they elaborated on things, which they should've done in the first place instead of just saying they're not responsible but the unnamed and anonymous porting studio is. That just made it seem like they didn't care about the PS version at all.

The fact that the porting studio did not want to be in the credits "last minute" sounds suspicious to me. I think they DID put it in a console and decided they didn't want their name associated with it...

Yeah I agree, Grimm Studios has also never mentioned the name of the porting studio and all the bugs, glitches, and whatnot have to be submitted to GS so that they can pass it along instead of gamers reporting the problems directly to the porting studio.

• Like 2

I say it's about time they elaborated on things, which they should've done in the first place instead of just saying they're not responsible but the unnamed and anonymous porting studio is. That just made it seem like they didn't care about the PS version at all.

Sure, though, they did elaborate on it with a pinned announcement topic four weeks ago, so maybe it's not as overdue as you might think...

http://grimm-bros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=631

Edited by Prem-aka-Prince
  • Like 1

It's really a shame to all of us, psn players, this delay and lack of updates on the matter. The game is so fun yet still broken after almost 2 months. My main concern is about people that actually paid 20 dollars for the game, is such a stab to all of then, also being their first game, imagine the feedback to the general gamers, we may be tolerant for most part but imagine in the long run, the image they'll have. I just hope we receive those patches on the first quarter of 2016.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just leave this here as a glimmer of hope.

With the ports you have already completed, was there anything you weren’t happy with?

We’re not happy at all with the version that is currently published of Dragon Fin Soup, because we had to port a game that was still in development, so it was terribly difficult. We hope the game ultimately gets to a stable point and we can properly patch it. Anyway, as a work for hire studio, you can only give your opinion, but the ultimate decision is not yours.

Source:

http://thevitalounge.net/2016/01/04/porting-your-favourite-vita-games-since-2012/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What do you guys think?

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4029-Dragon-Fin-Soup/sebasyjesse

I met him in a fb group showing off his trophies, had a chat with him and asked about his Dragon fin soup platinum but he was extremely aggressively defensive, in the end, I have to fight him in a game of my choice so he can "f+++ me up, record it and upload it".

Oh and hi, I'm a new member but I've been around here lurking for years, nice to meet you.

What do you guys think?

I met him in a fb group showing off his trophies, had a chat with him and asked about his Dragon fin soup platinum but he was extremely aggressively defensive, in the end, I have to fight him in a game of my choice so he can "f+++ me up, record it and upload it".

Oh and hi, I'm a new member but I've been around here lurking for years, nice to meet you.

sebasyjesse is marked on psnprofiles as a cheater. I don't know if there is an easier way to recognize a cheater, but you can use the leaderboards to find out. His profile can be found at rank 3,172 on the "Dirty with cheaters" leaderboard. On the list without cheaters, he should be around the rank 2,555 but he is not.

His Dragon Fin Soup platinum was achieved at the exact same time-frame as a second person that obtained it. It's why he is not listed under any of the trophies of this game.

What do you guys think?

Not a chance in hell... as if it wasn't already inhumanly impressive to have beaten the game within the first week of launch that nobody has managed to beat in the two and a half months since, their first trophy is for unlocking the Sheep... even with the most concerted trophy dodging that's just outright impossible.

I also like how he challenged you to a duel at sundown, better bring your Magnum -no, wait- your Broadsword, because we're going back centuries with this knave.

Anyway welcome to the forums have a nice time.

So the plat for this game is still unobtainable?

Unfortunately, yes. Most of the trophies are bugged, and for three of them those bugs mean they're completely unobtainable.

Beast Master - Coded to only count in story mode, and two of the pets don't spawn where they are supposed to be.

Jack o Trades - Even if you craft 100 different things in the same sitting (so bypassing the memory issues) it still doesn't pop

Fishing Master - This one doesn't work either. Could be coded incorrectly, or it could be from the memory bug that resets stats (since you cannot catch all fish at the same pond)

Edited by SolarCat02
  • Like 1

So the plat for this game is still unobtainable?

They didn't release a patch and Grimm Bros posted no new info (at least on Kickstarter) regarding the patches since 11th December, so it's still unobtainable. :\

(haven't played it but as a backer I feel a bit salty that the communication is so lackluster)

Unfortunately, yes. Most of the trophies are bugged, and for the of them those bugs mean they're completely unobtainable.

Beast Master - Coded to only count in story mode, and two of the pets don't spawn where they are supposed to be.

Jack o Trades - Even if you craft 100 different things in the same sitting (so bypassing the memory issues) it still doesn't pop

Fishing Master - This one doesn't work either. Could be coded incorrectly, or it could be from the memory bug that resets stats (since you cannot catch all fish at the same pond)

Damn...removing it from my backlog. I'll add it again if and when they fix it. And since I've heard the game is pretty much a buggy mess, I don't want to break my DualShock 4 in frustration. Those things are not cheap to replace. :( Thanks for letting me know just the same.

They didn't release a patch and Grimm Bros posted no new info (at least on Kickstarter) regarding the patches since 11th December, so it's still unobtainable. :\

(haven't played it but as a backer I feel a bit salty that the communication is so lackluster)

That's how I feel about Mighty No. 9. Backed it and was feeling pretty excited. Found out that Deep Silver was involved and there was a delay on IGN. They lied to the backers for two weeks about it before admitting it was true. And we haven't received any updates since October. I don't even want it anymore and I'm mad I gave them any money. Sucks they're screwing you, too.

Edited by ShadowStar83x

Damn...removing it from my backlog. I'll add it again if and when they fix it. And since I've heard the game is pretty much a buggy mess, I don't want to break my DualShock 4 in frustration. Those things are not cheap to replace. :( Thanks for letting me know just the same.

That's how I feel about Mighty No. 9. Backed it and was feeling pretty excited. Found out that Deep Silver was involved and there was a delay on IGN. They lied to the backers for two weeks about it before admitting it was true. And we haven't received any updates since October. I don't even want it anymore and I'm mad I gave them any money. Sucks they're screwing you, too.

Yep. I gave up on Dragon Fin Soup earlier on, when my game crashed almost immediately upon leaving the tutorial forest. 

Mighty #9 is becoming a fiasco. But honestly, what are you people thinking with this crowdfunding nonsense? My sympathy is at ebb.

Yep. I gave up on Dragon Fin Soup earlier on, when my game crashed almost immediately upon leaving the tutorial forest. 

Mighty #9 is becoming a fiasco. But honestly, what are you people thinking with this crowdfunding nonsense? My sympathy is at ebb.

Yeah, I know. I have done a few that have turned out good. The last thing I've backed was a game called Cat Tower. xD But yea, that has made me a lot more gun shy about it.

Still sucks this game's broken because it looked so fun and promising.

Edited by ShadowStar83x

The company behind the game, Grimm Bros, says to be still working on all the issues with the game on PSN. I believe that offering the game for Playstation Plus has had them rush to make this deadline, and has resulted in upset players and an unhappy partner BlitWorks.

Grimm Bros on their Facebook page:

Hey Everyone! We're back!

As we'd promise in previous posts, we are actively working with our partners at BlitWorks to deliver a refined, patched Dragon Fin Soup for all Sony platforms.

Per our partners at BlitWorks, unfortunately, not every port is perfect, we "are not happy at all with the version that is currently published of Dragon Fin Soup." Since we had to port it while the game was still in development, things were 'terribly difficult.' In the future, BlitWords hopes to get it to a stable point and patch it.

Thank you all for your support and patience. A freshly seasoned Dragon Fin Soup will be arriving on PSN as soon as we can manage.

• Like 1

To be fair, as long as you can play on PS4 I wouldn't call it a 'buggy mess' or 'broken'. The memory issues plague the vita most of all, and the most wide-ranging bugs affect trophies, not gameplay. The only frequent gameplay bug I can think of is the knockback bug, which is among the list of things already fixed on PC (so we'll definitely get it), and at the end of the day it's essentially just a visual bug, you can even learn to strategise around it. Though to be honest I began to get lazy and just brute-force everything, the game is still too long in my personal opinion and that's not a bug lol.

As for crowdfunding in general, I would suggest don't do it unless you have money to spare and fancy gambling it on something that otherwise maybe wouldn't have happened.

If it's something that could have happened without crowdfunding -such as shenmue 3, double fine adventure, etc... on the one hand you could argue that these are the only sure bets, on the other hand they're just taking your money while guaranteeing you nothing, so you waive any and all consumer choice at the door like a chump. And the smaller projects are just like giving money to a pipe dream with nothing promised in return- in other words a gamble with money you should not expect back.