A few questions...

Raccoon_0

New to Fallout games and to this game I need some help since I am going in circles getting bored not knowing how to do stuff

1. How can I get cloth?

2. How do I can dirty water? if there is a item how do I get it?

3. How important is making food in this game?

4. Good starter armour?

5. When the power suit goes out of power what can I do with it?

6. Any way of having a minimap in the corner?

1. Looting clothing gets you cloth. As do scrapping rugs when you are in workshop mode. Workshop mode is a mode you can enter in when you are in Sanctuary or Red Rocket Gas Station and near a Workbench.

2. Dirty water is any water that contains Rads. It is in the river that runs south of Sanctuary. Otherwise, it can be looted.

3. it is important if you want to keep the people in your settlements happy. All you need to do is plant food though, and assign workers to tend to it, and they do the rest. There is another use for food, and that is to heal yourself, but you usually also get infected with radiation, and that is a bad thing without RadAway. So to heal yourself, stick to doctors, stimpaks, blood packs, or buy/loot huge supplies of RadAway.

4. The power armor.

5. In Sanctuary, and Red Rocket gas Station, as well as other specified locations, near the workbenches you'll see a couple of yellow prongs that look sort of like a forklift. You can stash your armor in that station when you run out of fusion cores to power it. But you should get a boatload from Preston in Museum of Freedom at the beginning, so you should never run out.

6. No, I don't believe so.

Hope that helps. And others, feel free to build on this, or correct me if I was inaccurate with some of this.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

soooo I tried looting water I can only drink it?

I can't remember exactly but water might also be used for soups (I'm guessing) when you are at a campfire/stove for cooking. I only cook meat into steaks. So far it's all I need.

So water (dirty or purified) may be required for certain recipes.

assign workers to tend to it

How do you assign workers? I know they mention that if you want them to do something to let them know, but whenever I interact with them it brings up a bartering menu. (Buy/Sell screen)

How do you assign workers? I know they mention that if you want them to do something to let them know, but whenever I interact with them it brings up a bartering menu. (Buy/Sell screen)

Go to them while in workshop mode and they should have an assign option, if not they are probably already assigned to something

Had to look it up myself, I don't think it's ever mencioned ingame

Are there any missable or maybe glitched trophies on this game?

There are a few. Nuclear option and nuclear family cannot be completed on one playthrough so you will need to make saves. Also, although you can join both at some point you need to choose between the brotherhood of steel and the railroad so I believe you cannot get all the faction based trophies on one playthrough either. I'm not 100% sure on that as the strategy guide doesn't make it very clear and I didn't want to read too deeply without reading spoilers.

Regarding OP eating food should be primary source of health. Save stimpaks for healing crippled limbs during battle. You get radiation damage but not enough to worry about.

Once you have enough cores you don't need standard armor. The power armor can carry a ton so you can loot everything in sight and sell it to keep you in cores. Arturo sells 5 in diamond city which restock every 24 hours. You can just wear stat boosting civvy clothes underneath

I still don't get how to loot water from the river though, the only option I get is to drink it...

To get water from the river, let's say in Sanctuary. Open up your workshop mode and if you have enough parts to build a purifier, you can. Once it is highlighted yellow put it in the river and then make sure you have a few pumps around depending on the size of the settlement. You will also need to make a small generator to make it work and once that's done hover over the generator and workshop mode and it'll say attach a wire and then attach it to the purifier :-)

Best way to stock up on adhesive?

You can cook up vegetable paste. You'll need three mutfruits, three ears of corn, three tatos, and one bottle of purified water. That's one way to do it.

• Like 1

but I have clothes that could be cloth and it tells me I dont have enough cloth.... meaning 0/3

As far as I know clothing doesn't scrap to cloth for some reason. Rugs defintely do aswell as some furniture. Scrap everything that isn't nailed down in sanctuary and that'll be enough to get you started Edited by Cleggworth

Easiest way to get Adhesive is looting things like Wonderglue.

If you obtain 3 bottles of Dirty water you can craft it into pure water at a Food Station.

If you're having trouble finding a material you can go into a building option that has that material and there will be a button below that will let you search for it, meaning that when you loot in the world items will have a magnifying glass image next to them to identify that the object has the material in them.

Easiest way to get Adhesive is looting things like Wonderglue.

If you obtain 3 bottles of Dirty water you can craft it into pure water at a Food Station.

If you're having trouble finding a material you can go into a building option that has that material and there will be a button below that will let you search for it, meaning that when you loot in the world items will have a magnifying glass image next to them to identify that the object has the material in them.

Thanks that will help a lot