2nd Annual League of Trophy Hunters Holiday Special - Dec. 27th - Jan. 5th

It's almost one day into the Holiday Special. My team's off to a great start with over 200 points, but we're just getting started! The second golden game is Madden NFL 16, and trophybros is ready to get a shiny new plat!

The game will change in approximately five minutes. I will refresh the golden game timer soon.

Edit: In addition to updating the golden game timer, I am also going to be labeling which golden games are done and which game is in action in the front post as the competition continues, just so it's absolutely clear when each game is worth double points.

Edited by jem12345
  • Like 1

It's almost one day into the Holiday Special. My team's off to a great start with over 200 points, but we're just getting started! The second golden game is Madden NFL 16, and trophybros is ready to get a shiny new plat!

The game will change in approximately five minutes. I will refresh the golden game timer soon.

Edit: In addition to updating the golden game timer, I am also going to be labeling which golden games are done and which game is in action in the front post as the competition continues, just so it's absolutely clear when each game is worth double points.

Damn, over 200 points on the 1st day? I'm going to have to step up my game since it looks like that brother combo is going to be tough to beat. Sorry teammates, I didn't have a great day myself. Took me longer than I thought it would to finish Spec Ops: The Line for Platinum Rain Day. At least we have another plat ready to add to our scores.  :)

• Like 2

Day two of the Holiday Special is over. Unfortunately, trophybros wasn't able to get his Madden platinum (he claims peanut punch is glitched). With that being said, our team still came through and doubled our score!

The third golden game is Borderlands. Just because my brother and I can't get quadruple points for a while doesn't mean we won't still try to put up great scores!

Day two of the Holiday Special is over. Unfortunately, trophybros wasn't able to get his Madden platinum (he claims peanut punch is glitched). With that being said, our team still came through and doubled our score!

The third golden game is Borderlands. Just because my brother and I can't get quadruple points for a while doesn't mean we won't still try to put up great scores!

I have not noticed a glitch with peanut punch. Is he hitting  :l1: or  :r1: to strip the ball? If that's not working, try the hit stick, which is simply moving the right joystick in the direction of the ballcarrier. it took me awhile to get it, but the instructions are pretty explicit. A simple fumble won't do. it's not glitched though.

Curious, how did he get the Draft Champions and Ultimate Team trophies? Any pointers? Because I am struggling with those.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

I have not noticed a glitch with peanut punch. Is he hitting  :l1: or  :r1: to strip the ball? If that's not working, try the hit stick, which is simply moving the right joystick in the direction of the ballcarrier. it took me awhile to get it, but the instructions are pretty explicit. A simple fumble won't do. it's not glitched though.

Curious, how did he get the Draft Champions and Ultimate Team trophies? Any pointers? Because I am struggling with those.

Trophybros claims the trophy's glitched because he actually did the peanut punch and the trophy still didn't pop. He didn't use the right joystick though, so maybe he should try that.

My brother isn't really a hardcore trophy hunter like I am and aside from these competitions just plays for fun and gets trophies as they come. That being said, he didn't use any specific strategies to get most of his trophies. He plays Madden almost everyday and just got a lot of the trophies over time. He said was that Ultimate Team requires a combination of skill and luck. For Draft Champions, do solo challenges to get coins and then search auctions for low priced people with high overalls. You should check the auctions often to find the best people. My brother also noticed that offensive linemen don't raise your team's overall by much, but I can't confirm if this is true. I hope this at least helps a little bit. 

Trophybros claims the trophy's glitched because he actually did the peanut punch and the trophy still didn't pop. He didn't use the right joystick though, so maybe he should try that.

My brother isn't really a hardcore trophy hunter like I am and aside from these competitions just plays for fun and gets trophies as they come. That being said, he didn't use any specific strategies to get most of his trophies. He plays Madden almost everyday and just got a lot of the trophies over time. He said was that Ultimate Team requires a combination of skill and luck. For Draft Champions, do solo challenges to get coins and then search auctions for low priced people with high overalls. You should check the auctions often to find the best people. My brother also noticed that offensive linemen don't raise your team's overall by much, but I can't confirm if this is true. I hope this at least helps a little bit. 

It should. Thanks. Yeah, it actually took me a few tries to get Peanut Punch. It seems like you get it, but you actually don't. That's what happened to me. But then, I'd look at the replay and see it was a straight fumble, or another player punched it out. He should try with a DB against a receiver in the open field, where there is less of a chance of gang tackling. That's how I got it. I am sure he'll get it, but he just has to keep trying. It took me 3 or 4 times before it actually registered as a peanut punch.

• Like 1

It should. Thanks. Yeah, it actually took me a few tries to get Peanut Punch. It seems like you get it, but you actually don't. That's what happened to me. But then, I'd look at the replay and see it was a straight fumble, or another player punched it out. He should try with a DB against a receiver in the open field, where there is less of a chance of gang tackling. That's how I got it. I am sure he'll get it, but he just has to keep trying. It took me 3 or 4 times before it actually registered as a peanut punch.

Thanks for the tip. I'm sure he'll get it eventually.

The trophies are coming in a bit slower than i expected. Having some trouble getting S Ranks in all episodes on normal&hard. So far i think i've only scored a 30ish worth of points :S

How's everyone else doing?

Hmm only got 4 points so far, had very little time to play today. Hopefully got more time tomorrow.

The trophies are coming in a bit slower than i expected. Having some trouble getting S Ranks in all episodes on normal&hard. So far i think i've only scored a 30ish worth of points :S

Without point multipliers - 105 points

With point multipliers - 230 points

Today wasn't nearly as good as the last two days. I spent most of my free time today playing Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage, but that only nets about a trophy per hour. I'm going to play some Dragon Ball Xenoverse tonight to make up for it.

The golden game will change in about three minutes. The next golden game is Fallout: New Vegas. I will edit the first post soon.

I feel like I'm letting my team down.  But that's how life is sometimes.  The work piles in when I don't want it to, but then there is hardly any work whe I need there to be.

It's still early in the competition. There's plenty of time to catch up.

I should have 82 or a little more points within the next 24 hours because I plan on getting the plat in Assassins Creed 2 as my tenth platinum trophy today and I've only got a collectible trophy and a few story trophies left.

Still feel like I'm not up to my teammates, though.

Day 1: 66 points

Day 2: 33 points

Day 3: haven't synced and counted yet, but if the pattern holds, it'll be 16.5 points :P.

I have no idea how points work since I never been in a trophy league before, but all I know is I got some trophies on my golden game Borderlands ^_^

I reached the second main area and reached level 20, so I'll call that good progress for now.

:platinum: = 12 points

:gold: = 6

:silver: = 2

:bronze: = 1

These points are doubled for golden games.

• Like 1

I feel like I'm letting my team down.  But that's how life is sometimes.  The work piles in when I don't want it to, but then there is hardly any work whe I need there to be.

you're not the online one, I feel the same but is to early to give up.

Edited by TruxtonMB