Your Next Game - The Lottery 3 (event closed)

I only managed to play three chapters of Dynasty Warriors 8 but they were quite plot heavy. Minor spoiler alert for One Piece as I'll be comparing a scene from that series but I won't go into full detail of that scene, like who it was, but still a warn of caution.

There was a battle at the Ying province in which the Wu and Shu kingdoms united to stop the Wei kingdom's expansion. Part of the deal was that Liu Bei would return the province to Wu but reneged on that and led to the battle in which Guan Yu would die. I played as Ma Liang and his switch attack had him do a Hurracarana which was pretty sweet. The ending of Cao Cao's campaign is the splitting point for the Shu story, this time with the option to play as Guan Yu or one of his offspring. Guan Xing appeared to be more experienced and confident than his brother Guan Suo, while Guan Yinping felt a foreboding atmosphere and didn't get to show much of her character. Guan Yu is attacked by Wu forces and manages to say his farewells with his children without saying a word. He stops Guan Suo from dying alongside him and has Guan Yinping take him to safety while Guan Xing carves a road to safety. Guan Yu regrets dying before his sword brother and dies standing on his feet, an action similar to a certain figure from One Piece. Liu Bei is enraged to hear that not only was Guan Yu killed by Wu forces but that his other sworn brother, Zhang Fei, was betrayed by his own forces and slain. This scene is like a mix of Oda Nobunaga being betrayed by the Azai clan, which was led by his brother-in-law, and Gelimer who lost his brothers while clashing with Belisarius in Carthage. Unlike Gelimer and more in tune with Oda Nobunaga, Liu Bei wanted to kill his family-in-law but at least he first apologized to his wife, unlike Oda Nobunaga with his sister. In his haste for revenge Liu Bei failed to see the traps set up by the Wu forces and several of his generals died. Liu Bei managed to escape with the aid of Zhang Bao, Zhang Fei's son, and Guan Xing. Before the chapter started there was a scene where both Zhang Bao and Guan Xing tested the strength of the other, making it seem like a friendly rivalry. I did notice that Zhang Bao is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch and he's pretty good at screaming, which he has a knack for. Liu Bei escapes but dies of illness shortly thereafter, with the kingdom mourning of his passing. Liu Shan succeeds his father and with the advice of Zheng Liang decides to taken an offensive front to the Wei kingdom. I paused before the next battle but I again heard a familiar voice actor with Wendee Lee voicing Xingcai; I do wonder if I could notice Tara Strong if she shows up.

• Like 1

Ended up getting six trophies for Armello! Extremely happy with my progress today with an overall eleven trophies!

So I've been playing this game for about two - three days now and I'm finding it VERY addictive. Another positive is I've unlocked a way to make each game go faster by making the AI do there moves quicker. This is helping me a lot, before each game could take up to a whopping three maybe even four hours. Now it takes me at most two hours to complete each match which means more trophies in a quicker amount of time :)

Might not be on as much tommorow, going to try get some survival missions on master difficulty done with a friend on SWB. Still hoping for around five trophies for tomorrow. As for the guide I'm almost a quarter of the way through, I should have it published in about aa week from now and the way I'm going maybe even the plat too ;)

Edited by EpicNogg4
  • Like 3

Played some more Okami tonight. The games really starting to open up now and im getting a decent number of side quests and such. Im not loving how much this paint brush mechanic is used though, seems fairly gimmicky at times. I can understand using it for puzzles, but finishing off fights with it and doing simple things like checking bounties off a list and having to actually use the brush is really cumbersome. It seems really unresponsive with the dualshock 3 aswell, which is odd. Its almost like it doesnt want to go in a straight line at times.

Other than that im having fun with it, the dialog is funny and the story is interesting so far. I did earn a bronze in it so ive got 7 trophies in it now I believe. Slowly but surely xD

• Like 3

there is a way, if you want to know now

you need to ride a chocobo, hence the very easily identifiable feathers. O.o The calm lands is pretty much the only place you can get one.

Now that you've mentioned what they are I can totally see it xD I thought that maybe they were related to some sort of ruin from 1000 years ago but now I feel a bit dumb haha. Thanks for letting me know!

So how's everyone doing trophy wise? Are the trophies easy? Are you going for the platinum? I want to try to plat Freedom Wars, but in order to keep what's left of my sanity intact, I'm taking a break from it. 

I decided to take a peek to see if I had missed any trophies by looking at the guide on here and oh boy, there are some on the list that I'll probably achieve when I become old and grey xD I'll be going for the platinum for sure, but I can see myself taking a lot of breaks in between grinds and such even though I try to avoid that when playing JRPGs. In regards to difficulty some seem to be quite simple while others I'll find quite tough, whether it's because of the enemies or the grind but I'll make it through... I hope xD. How's Freedom Wars going? Also, congrats on your Binding of Isaac plat! ^_^

*snip!

Sadly I still have 3 more assignments to complete including the one I'm working on now - they're not particularly difficult but one of my greatest talents is leaving everything until there's a few days left and spending all my time completing them xD I decided to race around the interior of Zanarkand just before the temple so I could level everyone up (especially Rikku, Yuna and Lulu since they took a backseat most of the time I was playing in place of Kimahri, Auron and Wakka) and try to get myself some more lvl 3 spheres (which isn't working out great since the mech that drops them really loves giving me lvl 2 spheres -_-) I'm thinking I may spend some spheres increasing Bahamut's strength since he's doing ~27,000 damage but I'm beginning to run out of them now (and by run out I mean I've dropped from 99 to 67 haha). I've to return to the Calm Lands and let the monster guy know that I've captured enemies from Mt. Gagamet and I need to stop by Yojimbo's temple and capture some of them there so I'll check out the chocobo feathers while I'm in the area - quick question though, I see there's a trophy for completing the chocobo training, is the training only at the Calm Lands? I've completed all of it except for the race with the balloons and the birds but the trophy hasn't popped so I think it may be a part of it but I really don't want to try it again :facepalm:

Thanks for the codes! I got most of them by using the D pad and spamming  :cross: but I think I missed Baaj temple xD As for the passwords, are they linked to the blue gems that are scattered in different places and can only be read when you have more Al Bhed dictionaries? I'll probably unlock them before I enter Sin (that sounds weird to say tbh xD) so that I have a better chance of completing it.

I love the plot of the Dynasty Warriors series, it makes me want to find a complete version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms so I can learn more but I've yet to find a complete version of it anywhere xD keep in mind that the 5th weapons can only be unlocked if you complete the battle in Hard/Chaos mode (but I would play Hard to make it easier on yourself, especially with some of the challenges you have to complete with certain characters -_-), if you're struggling and you have the Academy in Ambition Mode levelled up and a fair bit of gold to spare you can pay for EXP packages (I think they're around ~9k for the very large EXP package, the specifics are in the guide I wrote) or you can use the level up glitch in Wei's 'Battle of Baidi Castle' (I don't think you've played that battle yet, but it's the last battle in the Historical route - if you do it right, there's a video in the guide that shows someone going from I think level 15 to 50 in literally 2 minutes) - although you may wish to level up legitimately, which I completely understand! It's the fun method :P I think the main reason Lu Bu got a story is because so many people were asking for one to happen xD personally I don't get it since I'm not a big Lu Bu fan aside from him being OP as hell, especially since in terms of normal DW games he's only around for a decade or two, but it's apparently a great story line! I'm glad you're having fun :D

FFX stuff: So there I was this week, making some more progress in completing the story...

...I fought the sides of Sin, sent him falling into Luca before jumping on his back and defeating some part of him and a plant-like enemy and returned back to the Airship. I went to face him again, this time actually being face to face with the creature (really, who needs that many eyes? why do you have a city or citadel of some sort on your back? did Yu Yevon decide he needed riches if he was going to take the souls of summoners and their guardian of choice to create his perfect home? damn you and all the questions I have, Yu Yevon) and I could only whittle him down from 140,000 HP to ~30,000 before he would use Giga-Graviton or whatever it is and destroy like everything. So now I'm grinding around Zanarkand to make Yuna/Bahamut OP and I'm beginning to wish that there was a more saturated or brighter terrain that I could earn the same amount of XP/lvl 3 spheres that I do from that one spiral of ruins.

Normally when grinding JRPGs I can survive ~100 hours or so (with a good podcast or 50 xD) but man, I keep zoning out while running repeatedly through the interior of the Zanarkand Ruins -_- I can see myself having tonnes of fun unlocking all of the sphere's in each character's sphere grid later on :facepalm: I didn't manage to complete the story this week sadly but Christmas break starts on Thursday so for most of the next few weeks I'll be trying to get as far as I can in FFX before the lottery (sadly) comes to a close.

I didn't get to play much of it the past few days aside from grinding for a few hours yesterday and I'm currently having my weekly Anime catch up because I binge-read far too much Manga this week :facepalm: but once I'm all caught up and I've reached the next checkpoint in the Symphonia Chronicles we play I'll be focusing on FFX... I hope xD on a different note, Koei Tecmo Europe on Twitter had a random 30 code giveaway across 5 games on their weekly Freebie Friday and I managed to snag Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires (and before I could redeem a code for Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends - Complete Edition sony's website crashed on me, I'm only 99% bitter, I swear -_-) so there's another super long game to add to my backlog!

I'll end this essay with a question for anyone who's got their game because I'm curious :P are you all enjoying your selected game? do you think you'll have it complete by the time this lottery ends?

• Like 4

. Im not loving how much this paint brush mechanic is used though, seems fairly gimmicky at times. I can understand using it for puzzles, but finishing off fights with it and doing simple things like checking bounties off a list and having to actually use the brush is really cumbersome. It seems really unresponsive with the dualshock 3 aswell, which is odd. Its almost like it doesnt want to go in a straight line at times.

Yeah, I found the paint brush very overused as well. It really breaks up tr flow of the fighting. I never had a problem with straight lines but I tried using a 3rd party controller at one poit and my circles looked like octagons. :facepalm:
  • Like 1

So it was very early on the morning where I am, I decided I should load up Armello before I get into the SWB missions, I continued on from a game I was in the middle of last night , there was only around 10 minutes left. I finished of the king, which means I won the game then all of a sudden *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* yes four trophies all at once. Then about 20 minutes later *ding*. That was five trophies in under an hour for Armello! My goal for today was five but considering its only around 10:30 where I am, I think I'm gonna go for ten, that takes me up to 40% in only 2 days and 15 hours

• Like 1

Something, something, something, Dark Side... biblical proportions... 2,000 page sleeping pill... first born child... something about blood and soul... Oh. Here we are.... Are you enjoying your game? Do you think you'll be done by the time this lottery ends?

I honestly can't understand why I'm not tripping over myself to play Castlevania more often. It has all of the makings of a great game but, day after day after day, I look at my PS3 and decide, "Nah. Not tonight." It's just the absolute worst at being able to grip me and I have no clue as to why that is.

The worst part is, it's not even my desire to play that game; Castlevania has the ability to kill my desire to play any and all games. I have 169 unplayed games, sitting at arm's length from me and, as soon as I look at Castlevania and say "Not tonight.", I almost always follow it up with tellng myself, "You could at least play something else." to which I always say the same "Naaahhh."

Will I complete the game before this installment of The Lottery is complete? :hmm:

dan-savage-cracks-up-stephen-o.gif

It would be unexplainable if I even managed to finish the story or, better yet, hit at least double digits in trophies.

I really, honestly, genuinely, sincerely, desperately, whole-heartedly want to play this game. Why does it always get absolutely crushed when "OR you could lay on the couch and do sweet f*** all" is one of the other possible choices?

It's like if God of War took too many Benadryl, drank a bottle of wine and then got Patrick Stewart to tuck you under the covers, while reading bedtime stories about bad dogs and hope for the future (only this time with a much crappier camera angle).

I bought UFC 2009 the other day. How friggin' bad does a game have to be to make me think that UFC 2009 would make a good purchase? :|

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 4

I honestly can't understand why I'm not tripping over myself to play Castlevania more often. It has all of the makings of a great game but, day after day after day, I look at my PS3 and decide, "Nah. Not tonight." It's just the absolute worst at being able to grip me and I have no clue as to why that is.

The worst part is, it's not even my desire to play that game; Castlevania has the ability to kill my desire to play any and all games. I have 169 unplayed games, sitting at arm's length from me and, as soon as I look at Castlevania and say "Not tonight.", I almost always follow it up with tellng myself, "You could at least play something else." to which I always say the same "Naaahhh."

Will I complete the game before this installment of The Lottery is complete? :hmm:

dan-savage-cracks-up-stephen-o.gif

It would be unexplainable if I even managed to finish the story or, better yet, hit at least double digits in trophies.

I really, honestly, genuinely, sincerely, desperately, whole-heartedly want to play this game. Why does it always get absolutely crushed when "OR you could lay on the couch and do sweet f*** all" is one of the other possible choices?

It's like if God of War took too many Benadryl, drank a bottle of wine and then got Patrick Stewart to tuck you under the covers, while reading bedtime stories about bad dogs and hope for the future (only this time with a muchy crappier camera angle).

I bought UFC 2009 the other day. How friggin' bad does a game have to be to make me think that UFC 2009 would make a good purchase? :|

Lmfao that was hilarious. We've all been there man, atleast 3 times a year I get that feeling of dread whenever I try and convince myself to beat a game. Sadly ive not found a cure, other than just waiting out the boredom xD

• Like 2

Now that you've mentioned what they are I can totally see it xD I thought that maybe they were related to some sort of ruin from 1000 years ago but now I feel a bit dumb haha. Thanks for letting me know!

I decided to take a peek to see if I had missed any trophies by looking at the guide on here and oh boy, there are some on the list that I'll probably achieve when I become old and grey xD I'll be going for the platinum for sure, but I can see myself taking a lot of breaks in between grinds and such even though I try to avoid that when playing JRPGs. In regards to difficulty some seem to be quite simple while others I'll find quite tough, whether it's because of the enemies or the grind but I'll make it through... I hope xD. How's Freedom Wars going? Also, congrats on your Binding of Isaac plat! ^_^

Sadly I still have 3 more assignments to complete including the one I'm working on now - they're not particularly difficult but one of my greatest talents is leaving everything until there's a few days left and spending all my time completing them xD I decided to race around the interior of Zanarkand just before the temple so I could level everyone up (especially Rikku, Yuna and Lulu since they took a backseat most of the time I was playing in place of Kimahri, Auron and Wakka) and try to get myself some more lvl 3 spheres (which isn't working out great since the mech that drops them really loves giving me lvl 2 spheres -_-) I'm thinking I may spend some spheres increasing Bahamut's strength since he's doing ~27,000 damage but I'm beginning to run out of them now (and by run out I mean I've dropped from 99 to 67 haha). I've to return to the Calm Lands and let the monster guy know that I've captured enemies from Mt. Gagamet and I need to stop by Yojimbo's temple and capture some of them there so I'll check out the chocobo feathers while I'm in the area - quick question though, I see there's a trophy for completing the chocobo training, is the training only at the Calm Lands? I've completed all of it except for the race with the balloons and the birds but the trophy hasn't popped so I think it may be a part of it but I really don't want to try it again :facepalm:

Thanks for the codes! I got most of them by using the D pad and spamming  :cross: but I think I missed Baaj temple xD As for the passwords, are they linked to the blue gems that are scattered in different places and can only be read when you have more Al Bhed dictionaries? I'll probably unlock them before I enter Sin (that sounds weird to say tbh xD) so that I have a better chance of completing it.

I love the plot of the Dynasty Warriors series, it makes me want to find a complete version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms so I can learn more but I've yet to find a complete version of it anywhere xD keep in mind that the 5th weapons can only be unlocked if you complete the battle in Hard/Chaos mode (but I would play Hard to make it easier on yourself, especially with some of the challenges you have to complete with certain characters -_-), if you're struggling and you have the Academy in Ambition Mode levelled up and a fair bit of gold to spare you can pay for EXP packages (I think they're around ~9k for the very large EXP package, the specifics are in the guide I wrote) or you can use the level up glitch in Wei's 'Battle of Baidi Castle' (I don't think you've played that battle yet, but it's the last battle in the Historical route - if you do it right, there's a video in the guide that shows someone going from I think level 15 to 50 in literally 2 minutes) - although you may wish to level up legitimately, which I completely understand! It's the fun method :P I think the main reason Lu Bu got a story is because so many people were asking for one to happen xD personally I don't get it since I'm not a big Lu Bu fan aside from him being OP as hell, especially since in terms of normal DW games he's only around for a decade or two, but it's apparently a great story line! I'm glad you're having fun :D

FFX stuff: So there I was this week, making some more progress in completing the story...

...I fought the sides of Sin, sent him falling into Luca before jumping on his back and defeating some part of him and a plant-like enemy and returned back to the Airship. I went to face him again, this time actually being face to face with the creature (really, who needs that many eyes? why do you have a city or citadel of some sort on your back? did Yu Yevon decide he needed riches if he was going to take the souls of summoners and their guardian of choice to create his perfect home? damn you and all the questions I have, Yu Yevon) and I could only whittle him down from 140,000 HP to ~30,000 before he would use Giga-Graviton or whatever it is and destroy like everything. So now I'm grinding around Zanarkand to make Yuna/Bahamut OP and I'm beginning to wish that there was a more saturated or brighter terrain that I could earn the same amount of XP/lvl 3 spheres that I do from that one spiral of ruins.

Normally when grinding JRPGs I can survive ~100 hours or so (with a good podcast or 50 xD) but man, I keep zoning out while running repeatedly through the interior of the Zanarkand Ruins -_- I can see myself having tonnes of fun unlocking all of the sphere's in each character's sphere grid later on :facepalm: I didn't manage to complete the story this week sadly but Christmas break starts on Thursday so for most of the next few weeks I'll be trying to get as far as I can in FFX before the lottery (sadly) comes to a close.

I didn't get to play much of it the past few days aside from grinding for a few hours yesterday and I'm currently having my weekly Anime catch up because I binge-read far too much Manga this week :facepalm: but once I'm all caught up and I've reached the next checkpoint in the Symphonia Chronicles we play I'll be focusing on FFX... I hope xD on a different note, Koei Tecmo Europe on Twitter had a random 30 code giveaway across 5 games on their weekly Freebie Friday and I managed to snag Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires (and before I could redeem a code for Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends - Complete Edition sony's website crashed on me, I'm only 99% bitter, I swear -_-) so there's another super long game to add to my backlog!

I'll end this essay with a question for anyone who's got their game because I'm curious :P are you all enjoying your selected game? do you think you'll have it complete by the time this lottery ends?

Good luck with the last few assignments and have a good holiday break. The trophy "Chocobo License" requires you to complete four training exercises in the Calm Lands, so you might miss one. I have some bad news to share as there is a trophy for getting a time score of 0:00:00 on a chocobo race, which I've heard is a pain.The blue spheres are Jecht spheres that shows parts of the pilgrimage that Auron, Jecht, and Braska took; acquiring the spheres unlocks Overdrives for Auron. The Al Bhed Primers mainly goes for that trophy and maybe a bonus from Rin, who's the merchant on the airship; I'm not certain as to whether you need all the Primers as I was able to use those passwords without much problem. My core team was Yuna, Lulu, and Auron while my benchwarmers were Rikku, Tidus, and Kimahri, making the underwater battles consist of Wakka being the sole muscle. I've been taking breaks from the grind but I do hope to save the platinum as #101 or trophy #6,000 if I can't think of anything else to take that spot.

The story for Dynasty Warriors 8 is pretty good, even with some stilted dialogue, and I would have tore it a new one if it was in the same league of bad storytelling as Freedom Wars or Hyperdevotion Noire. Part of why I enjoy the game's story is that it still retains the drama of the original source material as serious as it needs to be while not letting the silly spectacle of fan riding or butterfly wings detract from the story. Gameplay wise it has enough depth to not be boring as there are a few methods to eliminating enemy forces, as there are some Musou attacks that have less oomph than others. I'm a bit worried about doing the hypothetical conditions as I might not be fast enough to do certain conditions in time. Chaos mode is another thing I'm fearing as Lu Bu nearly killed me in three occasions and that was on Normal. I'll probably start Ambition next week as I'm hoping to finish the Wu story and Other if it becomes available. It does seem difficult to find a full version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms and each individual book is over 700 pages.

I managed to finish the Shu story today and it's much shorter than the tension that Liu Bei faced.

I may not have recognized a character that is played by Tara Strong, but I did recognize Laura Bailey as the voice behind YueYing. YueYing is pretty cool as she can sprout a stalagmite, a magical tree(?) that launches seed bombs, and a few birds that drop bombs. The battle arose from one of Zhuge Liang's students, Ma Su, who prematurely attacked Wei forces to gain some fame and lost a majority of his forces for his ambition. Since I managed to save him and his forces Ma Su was spared execution. What I liked about the scene was that the young adults were the ones that wanted to spare Ma Su's life as a sign of benevolence, which fits the theme of the Shu story. I was less fortunate with the next battle as Zhang Bao died before he was able to make a brother oath with Guan Xing. The final battle of the story was also that for Zhuge Liang as he tried to do a final push towards the north, but his body wasn't able to hold out. As the brains behind the Shu kingdom there doesn't seem to be much hope for further conquest but the young generation doesn't want the efforts of those who died to be in vain. It's a touching ending and it that battle was also the first time I noticed Sima Zhao and the Jin kingdom involved in the story.

I don't expect to complete the game by the end of the event but I'll be satisfied if I could complete the historical portions of the story and get double-digits in regards to trophies. Up next is the Wu kingdom, which should be easier than the last two stories thanks to high-level skills and good weapon drops.

• Like 2

Long time lottery follower first time commenter just to say, eff I feel your pain re Castlevania. I played it earlier this year and everything about the game says it should be amazing but it just isn't. I also had the exact same problem as you with it just sapping the desire to play anything at all. Anyway good job eff, i know you are disappointed with this edition but you needn't be as it seems to have kicked back into gear the last few days. Keep it up!

• Like 1

Had a AMAZING day for trophy hunting, I was going to play SWB but ai why play that when you got ARMELLO! So today got zero trophies in SWB but a whopping 15 trophies for armello, taking me up to 64% in only 3 days and 1 hour! I come of school on Thursday meaning until then I won't have as much time to play, still should get two hours per day. I'll be aiming for only five trophies tomorrow because of school.

As for the trophy guide I'm just over a quarter of the way through should have it done Thursday, hopefully I'll have the plat by then as well :)

Edited by EpicNogg4
  • Like 3

Had a AMAZING day for trophy hunting, I was going to play SWB but ai why play that when you got ARMELLO! So today got zero trophies in SWB but a whopping 15 trophies for armello, taking me up to 64% in only 3 days and 1 hour! I come of school on Thursday meaning until then I won't have as much time to play, still should get two hours per day. I'll be aiming for only five trophies tomorrow because of school.

As for the trophy guide I'm just over a quarter of the way through should have it done Thursday, hopefully I'll have the plat by then as well :)

So what kinda game is Armello? Dont think ive ever heard of it to be honest...Nice progress though, holy crap. You started late but you've left some of us way behind xD

Speaking of progress, i hit the 5 hour mark in Okami. I've not really got a grasp on this games length or scale to be honest. Ive done a bit of retreading in certain areas for story purposes and I just got an ability to go to a brand new place, but I always feel like im accomplishing something in this game and not just grinding like some other JRPGS. The story is pretty straightforward so far, going around Nippon and reviving these trees, but ive not really seen any villains per se yet. Its just been grunt enemies here and there. 

The trophy list for this game is awesome though, only a few collectibles but you're rewarded fairly often for story progress with a nice bronze trophy, as well as when you get new abilities. As of this afternoon im at 10/51 trophies which is fair, considering the amount of time i've put in. Im not used to JRPG's being so rewarding with story progress, most of the time its misc. combat trophies or collectibles. Im enjoying it more though and I actually feel like playing it rather than forcing myself to play it. 

On another note, I beat Fat Princess Adventures with my friend last night. This game seems to have flown COMPLETELY under the radar. Launched the day of PSX I believe and its a coop dream. Plays a lot like your gauntlet/castle crasher style game with its classes and its on a 2.5D plane. The writing is genius and the story is really funny. It reminds me a lot of a less rated M south park game, but dont get me wrong this is still a solid M. The game is short and the plat seems easy enough with friends so I highly recommend it. Ive also been playing a bit of Gauntlet with another friend and that game is HARD. We're making progress though, but Fat Princess is definitely my favorite of the 2. 

Anyways, how've you lot been this weekend? Holidays are approaching fast as hell, and that new Star Wars movie is out in less than a week. Probably going to go see that on Christmas eve with the family and miss the rush of opening night. 

• Like 2

It does seem difficult to find a full version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms and each individual book is over 700 pages.

If you don't mind not owning a physical copy of the book, you can find an online version at www.threekingdoms.com

As for my gaming progress, I haven't played any more of Catherine over the last few days, but I have started Sly 2: Band of Thieves. I'm loving it so far; most of the beefs I had with the first Sly (namely, overly repetitive levels save for a few mini-games, iffy controls when it comes to grabbing onto and jumping between poles, rails and ledges, and the fact that you (usually) die in one hit) are gone. I have also powered through the rest of the campaign in Velocity Ultra - such a wonderfully addictive game!

• Like 3

Speaking of completing games from The Lottery, how's the two-year grind in Rayman Legends going?

bah, if you bother to get golds each day/week, it's 3 months tops. So yeah eff, how's the two year grind going? :ninja:

I haven't turned the game on since mid September.

• Like 1