Your Next Game - The Lottery 3 (event closed)

I managed to get 2 more trophies in FFX on Christmas (learning the Jecht shot and buying everything at the Luca sphere theatre respectively), took one more look at the trophy list, realised that I couldn't do anything until I completed blitzball/got all the overdrives and Aeons which means defeating the dark Aeons who have ~800,000 HP and do 99,999 damage with each attack which meant tonnes of grinding, decided to start Murdered: Soul Suspect because I needed to give myself an FFX break so I can get reinvigorated and begin playing with enthusiasm xD

I was going to have M: SS complete yesterday but Ray/Brownman had one of his Mario Kart tournaments and that took a while to complete so I'll probably complete M: SS today and then I'll begin training myself to get better working on blitzball (and figuring out how to recruit people) when that's complete. I can easily see myself going over 100 hours by the time I get even remotely close the platinum :facepalm:

Belated happy holidays everyone! ^_^

• Like 3

No Fallout 4?!?! WEVE BEEN MISLEAD! Grab the pitchforks.

I ask my Hubby for that game but he bought Star Wars Battlefront :( He bought 2 off the same game to play with me ! So Yeah sorry Guys i did not play game what i need to play !!! I hope you guys have fun with game what you need to play  ^_^

Happy-New-Year-2016-Download-Images-21.j

• Like 1

Finally off for Christmas break - I'm so excited to get stuck back into FFX! Well, for now anyway xD

And now it's time for "Kitty Replies To Things And Unintentionally Types Waaaaaay Too Much"! Because I've started a trend with my posts being really long I'll try not a write an essay this time haha. It also just hit me that I can place everything under a spoiler so that I'm not clogging up the feed, so I'll be doing that from now on xD

I have no idea where you gathered that information from... really, you don't want to know what the blood and soul part means  :ninja:  

It's good to see that despite your feelings towards the game you're still trucking along xD the sooner you complete it the sooner you can forget about it!

Thank you!! And that sucks to be honest haha, I don't think I'll be getting that one for a long time xD as I've been backtracking I've been coming across more of them and they're so bittersweet once you learn about what happened. The gems I were referring to are found in different areas but mostly against walls and such - I'm not very good at describing things so I took a printscreen in my game (ignoring the trademarks and such xD):

EWnU2C3.jpg

I've realised that I probably missed a primer in Home (I know for sure I got the one after the wedding and such but I wasn't counting any of the primers while I was going through Home :facepalm: ) so I'll probably have to do another playthrough and make sure that I get them. I can see myself having to start a new game and keeping track of everything I have tbh xD Also, I feel like I don't use Lulu enough since her spells aren't too strong, I've been making sure to cycle through her, Rikku and Yuna before each battle and put them on defend so they can earn the experience but I'm not sure how long it'll be until I begin to use her more frequently.

There are some hypothetical conditions that are ridiculous - while I was writing the DW8 guide I was replaying levels on beginner and I almost failed the condition in Wei's 'Battle of Xia Province' (I think) where the officer who slayed Cao Cao's father is retreating and you have to defeat him before he can, I basically reached him a few seconds before he left the field - it's one of the most annoying ones to do on the higher difficulties. I'm sure you'll be fine though! If you're stuck I can try to help. Also, unless you have to defeat Lu Bu in any Chaos mode battles don't go near him, it'll be your safest bet - or have a high levelled/OP/5 star or better weapon on a character and you'll be sweet. I'll continue with more advice after the next quote since you brought some things up there :P

Steely heart was my last skill - I managed to get most of the others levelled up pretty quickly while playing normally and completing the chaos mode battles, and you'll more than likely get 100k kills by the time ambition mode is complete, I think by the time I platinumed the game I had 500,000+k in kills, but that count also included me playing the game for fun xD as for ambition mode, unless you go for the tougher difficulties when fighting battles you'll be grand. The only problem you'll have is unlocking the harrier (an animal you get by essentially 100%ing ambition mode and reaching rank 50 for all the buildings) and getting the war elephant (unlocked by completing 100 straight battles in ambition mode, but the difficulty increases until you hit battle 25 and then it caps out so it's recommended to play on beginner with one of your strongest characters). It's not difficult, just tedious because of the amount of hours you'll probably sink into it haha. I also can't remember where you mentioned the Other section of story mode but once you complete all of the historical and hypothetical battles you'll unlock them all so you don't need to worry about them. I swear I'm done now :P

I had no clue that existed - thanks for the link!! I'll be sure to read it when I can.

Also, I totally agree with you about Sly 2 - out of the trilogy it was probably my favourite. It was a lot more fun to play (and personally less aggravating to complete, I don't want to relive fighting Clockwerk in the first game :facepalm:).

I really like the story for FFX and I enjoy the battles that I partake in. I'm just losing the will to continue fighting the same enemies repeatedly in the hope that I unlock the occasional spot in my character's sphere grids and the rare lvl. 3 unlock sphere that pops up - if I'm like this now, I have no idea how I'll be when it comes to 100%ing all 7 grids xD other than my lack of patience it's a fantastic game!

Normally I would place my progress in FFX here, buuuuut I loathe to admit I haven't played it in a few days :facepalm: I was planning to continue the grind yesterday but Tales of Symphonia took a lot longer than I had thought because I kept getting lost but now that I'm off for winter break I can focus on getting further. It's a bit disheartening to realise that I've been sitting on 8/34 trophies (a cool 12%) for over a week now and I don't see myself getting any more until I progress a bit further which is to be expected, but I miss hearing the sound of a trophy popping up in my notifications more than I thought I would xD once I finish moving things from my Vita to my laptop I'll be loading up FFX once more and continuing to level everyone up. I hope everyone's doing well and enjoying what they're playing! ^_^

Crud, I don't remember that much about the Primers being used for that, sorry about that. I would try the passwords just in case but it does seem like you'll need a second playthrough for that trophy. In terms of experience there is a glitch that could help you out depending on how strong your Auron is. It involves a Don Tonberry and a bit of weapon grinding so here's a link that should be a bit helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu0a8FFZ8Kg/

Unfortunately he doesn't give a full detail on everything but hopefully it could be a beginner's guide on leveling up.

I did manage to finish up the Wu story and I felt that it was the weakest of the three main stories despite the variety of level design. My main gripe would be that Wu feels like a third-wheel in the events and mainly reacts rather than take an action first. Another problem can be that their leaders keep dying and it makes me question how they managed to last compared to Wei and Shu. I've been trying to do the hypothetical conditions for the Wu campaign since it seems easy but I keep getting frustrated with the stealth level. I'll focus on the story campaigns and the game next year as I've been trying to finish my revised list for the PRD event, Zestria being the focus of Plat #100, and playing a few Lego games with my sis while it's the holidays. I did manage to play the Ambition mode and I suck at that right now. I barely managed to do five battles before getting defeated on the sixth on normal mode. I guess I'll try again after finishing the campaigns but I did manage to unlock a wolf, kinda wish it was the eagle. Ambition mode is pretty cool as there is a strategy on whether to focus on gaining allies, fame, and materials while also giving a risk on how difficult you want the battles to be. Heck, I managed to get Steely Heart to Lvl. 7 and aside from that skill I have three others at Lvl. 8 while the rest are at Lvl. 10+, so I'm pretty confident for that trophy.

So I think I was a bit too overpowered because that was really easy, but I completed the game and watched Eternal Calm!  :dance:

I've no idea how I'll deal with the trophies left (honestly half of them I have no clue how to achieve, I need to properly look through the trophy guide now that I know I won't be spoiled xD) and while I don't think I'll achieve the plat before this lottery ends (I can't believe it's the last week already - time flies when you're having fun :P) I'll try to knock off as many trophies as I can as I now have 11/34 (25%). Thanks again to Mendant909 for the game, it's an absolute treat to play :D

Congrats on finishing the game and good luck with completing the game if you try. Thanks for enjoying the game as I had a blast with Dynasty Warriors 8 as well and hopefully I'll be done with that for a future PRD event. I also decided to buy DW8: Xtreme Legends and maybe I'll be able to start that a year from now.

Sorry for the late replies as I've been watching some anime: the first Digimon Tri film, Eden of the East and Ghost Stories, while my Christmas gifts Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt and Serial Experiments Lain will be watched in the upcoming days. I hate to say it but I wouldn't call the film good as it felt more like one of the Hollywood films that are split into two parts like Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows; I was more expecting a series of films with their own self-contained stories with plot points carried on through future films, like the previous Harry Potter films. In terms of episodes, though, I thought that we got a good episode on how the human characters are doing, a bad episode that was mainly battle scenes against Champion Digimon, another good episode on the consequences of the battle and some shipping fodder, and a meh last episode that gave us a fight against the main bad guy without knowing why he's doing what he's doing, and a twist that has potential for the future. To my dismay the second season is still canon and the film still suffers from my main gripe with ongoing series like this: power creep. The team has Mega and Ultra Digimon so I don't see how the enemies can be a threat unless the enemies get a Super Mega mode and then the characters have to find another possible way to get stronger or if the team suffers a Samus Aran and lose their powers from the start, which the second season did poorly. I can't go further on my thoughts of the film as it would be going into spoilers and even then not much was revealed on the first film.

Hopefully everyone had a safe holiday and despite the event coming to an end soon perhaps most of us had fun playing the games assigned to us and will continue to be entertained in 2016.

• Like 3

Ohh Eff you really out did yourself on this post. I really appreciate the wit and black humor. The careful reflection and analysis that went into that response explains why you had no time to make progress on your game :)

Congrats on another great event....... Such a shame you won't be joining us in the invitational league in 2016, I am sure we would have had a few laughs

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

4. Cassiopria - oh geez... I guess I can sum it up like this:

- When you joined: :o:jaymon::yay::):D:dance::kiss:^_^:wub:<3

- When you didn't play and became absent: :hmm::stalker::dunno::S

- When the event ended: :|:(<_<:angry::shakefist::spank:

I guess it's a good thing that you've been wearing an officially licensed "FDG Inc. I can do no wrong" bulletproof vest for the last 3 years, eh? It's Christmas, you've got a home, a hubby, a baby and a new job; you could have honestly just shown up, said "Hey, fellas!" and walked out and it would still have been one of the highlights of the event for me.

P.S. Now, I'm really gonna kick your bum in the year long platinum count race. :ninja:

, thank you for the event Eff and congrats to the winners!! I can't not wait till next year Eff !!! 

than i go kick your but good Sir!!! :devil: 

It will be fun have a event with you Eff.   

Edited by Cassiopria
  • Like 1

Thank you very much for running this and thanks in advance for the premium membership, effdeegee! It's been so much fun following this thread for the last month and a half. I'm so happy that this won't be the final instalment of the lottery - I may not be eligible to participate next time, but I'm sure to be closely following the next thread come February 15th.

As for my avatar; it's one of the trophy images from Fuel - glad you like it!

• Like 2

*snip!*

I started to go on a search for the primers after completing the game and I realised that some of them were blocked off by the dark aeons but I think that I've managed to collect all of the other primers (although I still have a feeling that I left one in Home) so I'm hoping that I'll be okay xD I saw some mention of the Don Thornberry method but I didn't really understand it so I might do the tetra armour/door to tomorrow method so I can get myself more teleport spheres to complete the grid asap but I'll look into the other way more, thanks for the video!! ^_^

Yeah I completely agree about Wu, I feel like if there was no Liu Bei/Sun Shangxiang marriage they would be completely overshadowed by Wei and Shu, but even then Jin sort of overshadows them all xD good luck on the PRD event and I hope you enjoy Zesteria!! I bought the collectors edition when I don't own a PS4 so it's been sitting on my shelf for a while now :facepalm: I always get a bit jealous when others start playing it haha

I struggled really bad in the succession battles and would only be able to make it to 20-ish on beginner mode until I poured some gold into the Academy and levelled Yuanji to about 75/80 and it was a bit better. I'm hoping to get 8XL soon (especially since you can upload your save on 8 and use it as your base save in 8XL which makes things waaaay easier xD) but I hope you enjoy that too!!

I'm of the same opinion of Tri - like I enjoyed it but it feels like it's the sort of thing where you need to wait the 2-3 years for all 6 movies to be released and then marathon them all to get enjoyment out of it. I'm still looking forward to 2 when it comes out in March, but I might have to rewatch the movie to remember everything that happened xD

I hope you enjoy the rest of 8 when you get to it, and thanks again for FFX! ^_^

5. kittyxiii - *clears his throat and does his best, spot on, hilariously cliche'd Irish accent

ooohhh God love ya', dear. Bless your little heart. ^_^

You've been such a delight for this event. From getting a big kick in the bumski right out of the gate, by having your game messed up and emotions tugged at like the strings of a marionette doll, to taking it like a champ, to just plain ol' being lovely and engaging with everyone during the whole event; if I could, I'd give you a big basket of Irish Spring soap and Lucky Charms cereal and whiskey and stuff. :P You might have to make due with something else instead, though.

I've decided, for the sake of efficiency, to forego any RNG wankery and PayPal cash transfers, complete with currency exchange rate headaches, and just award a PSNProfiles lifetime premium membership upgrade each to:

- ryansvader :yay:

- kittyxiii :yay:

- Melanogaster1987 :yay:

Oh eff, you flatter me so :P I think that's the first positive report card I've ever received! Switch out the whisky for some poptarts and that basket you mentioned would be welcomed with open arms xD

Thank you so much for putting on this event and in advance for the premium, while I can't partake in the next one I'll be lurking and waiting for #5 :ninja:

Congrats to all of the other winners and participants!!  :yay:

• Like 2

Great event again mate. Sorry for the late response, I've been totally afk for he last couple days doing the whole family thing. Can't wait to watch FDGSLT part 4 next year. Props to everybody who put in serious effort and I hope you all continue with your games.

Kitty, if you have any questions about FFX feel free to ask.

Melano, same about Catherine man, great game and I love to help people out with it.

• Like 3

6. Mendant909 - The master of the massive quote followed by their own response with a short novel! :giggle:

If there was an award for longest posts (efforts, some of which made the bible look like a fortune cookie slip), you would be on the podium for sure. My only gripe is that it was like you were really only ever speaking to one person amongst the group of 9. :(

You had the most steady and consistent thread posts and trophies earned, but it all came off as the properly dressed writer, standing with a lone friend, in the corner by the bookshelf and just talking about a specific article, while everyone else was getting drunk and playing Twister. Everyone kept saying, "Who's that?" but would only be met with, "I dunno... right hand red." :giggle:

Sorry about that and you hit the bullseye on regards to the length of my posts, my conversation partners (or rather lack of), and style of speech. You aren't far off with the writer part as I'm aiming for an English major and I do like explaining as to why I think a certain way on topics. As for talking with others: I've been decimating the premise of Freedom Wars on the current We Play (which I have to remember to post for the second discussion), I love Okami but there wasn't much progress on that front as Booda hasn't finished the first dungeon from what I see, Catherine is pretty meh for me and the story pisses me more off than impresses, and I'll have to play Lords of Shadow one day to see how it sucks as a spectacle fighter based on your posts. FFX was pretty much it for me as I do love that game and I was trying to aide kitty in enjoying it more than being frustrated; that or I could have asked a boring conversation starter like how the [insert sports team that I don't care about] is doing? This is already turning out to be one of usual long posts so I guess I could say it's more on the scale of an epic like Beowulf or Paradise Lost and of course I wouldn't play drunken twister; I don't enjoy drinking alcohol because it mainly smells like piss even if it's masked with fruit scents. Anyhow, thanks FDG for setting up the event and maybe the streaks of Tearaway being unplayed and people flaking will be broken in the next event.

I started to go on a search for the primers after completing the game and I realised that some of them were blocked off by the dark aeons but I think that I've managed to collect all of the other primers (although I still have a feeling that I left one in Home) so I'm hoping that I'll be okay xD I saw some mention of the Don Thornberry method but I didn't really understand it so I might do the tetra armour/door to tomorrow method so I can get myself more teleport spheres to complete the grid asap but I'll look into the other way more, thanks for the video!! ^_^

Yeah I completely agree about Wu, I feel like if there was no Liu Bei/Sun Shangxiang marriage they would be completely overshadowed by Wei and Shu, but even then Jin sort of overshadows them all xD good luck on the PRD event and I hope you enjoy Zesteria!! I bought the collectors edition when I don't own a PS4 so it's been sitting on my shelf for a while now :facepalm: I always get a bit jealous when others start playing it haha

I struggled really bad in the succession battles and would only be able to make it to 20-ish on beginner mode until I poured some gold into the Academy and levelled Yuanji to about 75/80 and it was a bit better. I'm hoping to get 8XL soon (especially since you can upload your save on 8 and use it as your base save in 8XL which makes things waaaay easier xD) but I hope you enjoy that too!!

I'm of the same opinion of Tri - like I enjoyed it but it feels like it's the sort of thing where you need to wait the 2-3 years for all 6 movies to be released and then marathon them all to get enjoyment out of it. I'm still looking forward to 2 when it comes out in March, but I might have to rewatch the movie to remember everything that happened xD

I hope you enjoy the rest of 8 when you get to it, and thanks again for FFX! ^_^

Oh eff, you flatter me so :P I think that's the first positive report card I've ever received! Switch out the whisky for some poptarts and that basket you mentioned would be welcomed with open arms xD

Thank you so much for putting on this event and in advance for the premium, while I can't partake in the next one I'll be lurking and waiting for #5 :ninja:

Congrats to all of the other winners and participants!!  :yay:

In regards to the Primers only XIX through XXII are missable and any that are acquired can be seen in the Key Items list. As for those behind Dark Aeons, hmm, use Yojimbo's Zanmato after making him more friendly and thus cheaper to negotiate. As long as he's happy about his payment and doesn't die his affinity will rise but it can be another grind. I haven't heard the Tetra Armour method but I could look into that, thanks for the heads up. Sorry about that and hopefully Zestiria will be good as I mainly heard talks about the Alisha DLC rather than the quality of the game itself. I'm playing as Yueying for the time being and I managed to get her up ten levels in a short time, but finishing the Jin story would be best since it starts at the end of the Shu story and I might be able to unlock Yuanji and see how good she is. Good luck with Xtreme Legends as it seems it should be easier with your DW8 save and more luck with completing FFX, maybe you'll beat it before I do. I'll continue using the guide you published and thanks for the help and once again for suggesting Dynasty Warriors 8, a good counterpoint to games like Hyperdevotion Noire and Freedom Wars. I would unfortunately recommend to either watch the second season of Digimon or a cliffnotes version of it, as based on the beginning of the film, we'll learn the fates of those DigiDestined and I'll be wondering as to where's Wormmon, one of the few characters I did like in that season. Let's remember as to when the second film comes out when it does and maybe this time it'll actually give us a clue as to what the ongoing plot will be.

Edited by Mendant909
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you eff, and congrats to the other winners!! :highfive:

I'll be looking forward to seeing what Lottery 5 brings to the table :D

Edit: apparently I'm so excited about the lottery I'm thinking about one that isn't happening for another while - I meant to say I'm excited for lottery 4 xD

Edited by kittyxiii
  • Like 2