The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

I yelled "boring" at my television while watching RAW tonight.

Pretty good sign that things might be getting a bit bad (and just too predictable, in the bad sense).

Well shit. What parts were boring to you? 

Personally, the show ended last night on such a bummer note for me. Not boring, just a bummer. And as much as I dislike Cena, it was disheartening to see him with the defeated look all over his face.

Well shit. What parts were boring to you? 

Personally, the show ended last night on such a bummer note for me. Not boring, just a bummer. And as much as I dislike Cena, it was disheartening to see him with the defeated look all over his face.

There's nothing I love more than an over the top heel ending, and they've done it twice in a row now  B)   

Hopefully it's being set up this way so Bryan can finish his story with the authority on top (his injury kind of forced an "authority wins" ending which wasn't at all satisfying) and take his place back as champion.  Also, Rollins has to walk out of the Rumble as champion and Bryan has to win the actual Rumble so we can all enjoy a headlining Wm match between the two.  I know, keep dreaming right.

• Like 1

I know, keep dreaming right.

Not necessarily. Adding Rollins to the match at Royal Rumble presents a few new possible outcomes. Rollins could pin Cena, winning the WWE Championship, and still not defeating the one who conquered Taker's streak, (still making Lesnar seem undefeated and harnessing the streak). Then Bryan wins the Royal Rumble , and Rollins vs. Bryan at WM 31 sounds awesome to me. 

I know theres been talk of Roman Reigns winning the Rumble, and while I do think he's talented, I don't believe he's ready for that yet. He's needs work on the Mic and for god sakes, he needs to learn a few more moves. My wife loves him because "he's hot". But that doesn't mean jack crap to me, if that's all he's good for, then have him join a trashy soap opera. I like Reigns, I really do. But if thet force feed him to the WWE Universe, it's gonna be a repeat of Batista winning the Rumble last year.

There's nothing I love more than an over the top heel ending, and they've done it twice in a row now  B)   

Hopefully it's being set up this way so Bryan can finish his story with the authority on top (his injury kind of forced an "authority wins" ending which wasn't at all satisfying) and take his place back as champion.  Also, Rollins has to walk out of the Rumble as champion and Bryan has to win the actual Rumble so we can all enjoy a headlining Wm match between the two.  I know, keep dreaming right.

Why would want that match? Those guys aren't big and muscular. I'm sure Vince will give us the main event we all want to see, Ryback vs. Big Show in a 60 minute Ironman match.

I'm surprised they put Rollins in that Rumble match, but it kind of makes sense. Rollins and Heyman have some kind of agreement now, so I can see Lesnar and Rollins teaming up to guarantee a Cena loss. I don't see Rollins winning, or cashing in, for the same reason. I'm still thinking he'll cash in at Wrestlemania.

Anyone wanna explain to me why the golden suitcase exists anymore?

If the World Heavyweight Title match at the Royal Rumble doesn't end with "Rollins loses; Rollins cashes in for second attempt", I don't know what the point is, aside from a place to keep his vibrator.

Last I checked, the contract runs out in a handful of months.

If the World Heavyweight Title match at the Royal Rumble doesn't end with "Rollins loses; Rollins cashes in for second attempt", I don't know what the point is, aside from a place to keep his vibrator.

It runs out at the next Money In The Bank PPV. There have been guys who've waited longer than Rollins to cash in. Ziggler cashed his in the day after Wrestlemania, remember?

It runs out at the next Money In The Bank PPV. There have been guys who've waited longer than Rollins to cash in. Ziggler cashed his in the day after Wrestlemania, remember?

Actually, I don't. xD

As I've stated previously: the last event I'd viewed had been Wrestlemania XX (actually attended the show); wouldn't be until 2014 that I begin viewing again.

Actually, I don't. xD

As I've stated previously: the last event I'd viewed had been Wrestlemania XX (actually attended the show); wouldn't be until 2014 that I begin viewing again.

Oh, sorry, I must've missed that. Well, the briefcase can be kept for a full year, so the next Money In The Bank PPV event will be the expiration date. Ziggler cashed his in the first Raw after Wrestlemania. This was before, when there were 2 cases (blue case for World Heavyweight Title and Red case for WWE Title).

I think the PPV is in June, so he still has time.

Look at the condition of the case too... it makes for a great weapon for the cowardly heel to use in a pinch  :eyebrow:

Look at the condition of the case too... it makes for a great weapon for the cowardly heel to use in a pinch  :eyebrow:

So -- a chair you can put your stuff in...!

EDIT:

On the bright side, here's a pleasant moment via interview with 2014's Douche With A Briefcase

Edited by KitsuneChaos

Yeah, I'm a bit confused about the MITB Contract as well. If Rollins wins at the Rumble, what happens with his MITB Contract?

I think he still gets to keep it. He'd be the first guy to win the world title, while holding the MITB briefcase.

Because in other situations, what would be the purpose to give the opportunity to someone who already has the opportunity at their choosing?  :facepalm:

Gonna predict a  Lesnar freakout/Cena beatdown that causes a DQ win for cena, followed by a Rollins cash-in after Lesnar is forced from ringside by a herd of refs.  Seems to be the most logical way to get the belt off Lesnar without tainting his ending the streak.  Or, a Lesnar win I guess,

Gonna predict a  Lesnar freakout/Cena beatdown that causes a DQ win for cena, followed by a Rollins cash-in after Lesnar is forced from ringside by a herd of refs.  Seems to be the most logical way to get the belt off Lesnar without tainting his ending the streak.  Or, a Lesnar win I guess,

Do triple threat matches even carry disqualification anymore?

Can't remember the last triple threat I've seen end in DQ.

One thing's for certain: the triple threat match at this year's Royal Rumble has the potential to be something special. I want Lesnar to retain or Rollins to pin Cena and become champion. In no way at all will I be happy with a Cena victory, or Roman Reigns winning the Rumble.

WM main event: Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar

or Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins

Edited by jackmadrox

Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins

Only way I see things feeling fresh and interesting.

Last thing I need to see is Bryan re-injure himself while facing Lesnar trying to go on a high note (assuming he doesn't half-ass it like he did the last time his contract was up at a Wrestlemania).

So here's a fun and random question: Do you have any pre or post wrestling show rituals? 

Me and my wife have been making a tradition out of having walking tacos for dinner while we watch RAW/Smackdown. Then usually afterwards, I'll play a few shows in Universe Mode on WWE '13. 

Ok, who the fuck is writing Roman's promos? This is some awful, cringy, stuff. I just want to change the channel every time he picks up a mic. It's like they don't even know why people like Reigns. He was the silent badass of The Shield. Don't give him cartoony, Cena like, promos.

• Like 1

Ok, who the fuck is writing Roman's promos? This is some awful, cringy, stuff. I just want to change the channel every time he picks up a mic. It's like they don't even know why people like Reigns. He was the silent badass of The Shield. Don't give him cartoony, Cena like, promos.

I found it to be rather humorous.

A bit too long, but still humorous.

Anyone else bothered with the fact that they interrupted the "main event" happenings with a 30-second ad that they'd already done a few times before? Seems to take away from the severity of the Royal Rumble World Heavyweight Title match.

In other news, my previous status update speaks for itself:

"Successful established NXT tag team? Four straight weeks of job matches against "local talent". Ugh..."

• Like 1

I can't agree more. What was it on Smackdown that he said, "Sufferin' suckatash"? The expression Sylvester the cat from Looney Tunes uses? WTF? And then there was RAW last night...oh god. Just awful. This is who Vince wanted to win the Rumble and win in the main event at WM 31? Ummmm, no Vince, NO. Roman is years away yet. If ever. 

I'm just not feelin' Roman Reigns anymore. I felt that it was possible at one time earlier on, sure. But time continues to reveal who has benefited the most from the break up of The Shield, and Roman falls dead last.