The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

We all have to face it, Reigns is probably winning at WM and if Philly was any indication then he'll be booed at WM too.

Seth Rollins is going to get the loudest pop of his life when he comes out to cash in on Reigns.

• Like 1

I've been hearing rumor of a Bryan/Ziggler Ironman Match for Mania. Winner gets #1 contendership for the heavyweight title.

Was going to post an entire line of drooling emoticons to try and display how awesome that would be.  However, they seem to have disappeared so we'll go with jellies.

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

An Ironman match with those 2 will be amazing. I don't know how smart it is to have Lesnar vs. Reigns follow that though, then again they haven't had a smart idea for awhile now.

So the card so far would be:

Bryan vs. Ziggler- #1 contenders Ironman match.

Cena vs. Rusev- "OMG SuperCena overcomes the odds!!!!" (U.S. Title match?)

Reigns vs. Lesnar- WWE Title match.

Bray Wyatt vs. Undertaker. Not sure how I feel about this.

HHH vs. Sting

Possibly Goldust vs. Stardust.

Some kind of Divas Title match (Fatal-4-Way most likely).

Tag Titles match, Miz and Mizdow vs. Usos... Again.

Orton, Ambrose, BnB, Ascension, Rollins, and few others still up in the air.

Pretty sure HHH v Sting is booked for Fast Lane. Whether or not it'll actually happen is another story.

Also, Wyatt/Taker hasn't been confirmed yet, and I'm pretty sure they're gonna want more than five weeks to prep for it; they better hurry up.

I could imagine seeing Ascension vs the Usos for the Tag Titles, and Sandow vs Miz, simply because it's the best stage to make good on both the newcomers and Sandow's Second-Wind with the audience.

You know what I find hilarious, yet doesn't get acknowledged? The biggest pop in the Rumble to come after Bubba/Bully Ray: Zack Ryder.

Sure, it was followed by Mizdow/Sandow, Bryan, Ambrose, and Ziggler, but it goes to show that he's still over with the crowd.

Pretty sure HHH v Sting is booked for Fast Lane. Whether or not it'll actually happen is another story.

As of now it's just a face to face thing not a match. I look for one of them to challenge the other to a match at WM.

I think the announcement will be Seth Rollins adding himself to the title match. No one has ever cashed in at Wrestlemania (Kennedy was supposed to and Ziggler did it the day afterwards). so there is that and it would make sense that Rollins would want to be in the title match to take out his "brother". Finally WWE knows that by doing Brock, Lesnar, Reigns the fans won't shit all over the match (but Reigns will definitely be the heel)

So whomever wins the match of Bryan vs Rollins tonight faces Reigns at Fast Lane.

Whomever wins that match at Fast Lane faces Lesnar for the heavyweight championship main event at Wrestlemania 31.

That's the plan so far...

EDIT:
So Dean Ambrose is finally putting the IC title in his sights.

Only someone like Dean Ambrose can take a snowed-out show last week, make a traditionally simple appearance, and with it provide personal justification for his approach toward the traditional workhorse title. Finally get to see him have some direction.

Edited by KitsuneChaos

This seems like a way to give Reigns something to do at Fastlane. Either Rollins or Bryan win tonight, and Reigns wins at Fastlane. Then they can say, 'Well, there is no controversy now. Looks like Reigns is the official winner".

I don't see them changing their plans at all this year, I'll be shocked if they do.

So whomever wins the match of Bryan vs Rollins tonight faces Reigns at Fast Lane.

Whomever wins that match at Fast Lane faces Lesnar for the heavyweight championship main event at Wrestlemania 31.

I hate stories like this one. Rollins has the briefcase...thus he can just say "the second Brock vs Reigns is done I want my title match" and then take on which ever one won and gets to work a match against a tired opponent.

Why would Rollins face Bryan, then Reigns, then Brock when he can bypass two of those and just face Brock. WHY EVEN HAVE THE BRIEFCASE

I hate stories like this one. Rollins has the briefcase...thus he can just say "the second Brock vs Reigns is done I want my title match" and then take on which ever one won and gets to work a match against a tired opponent.

Why would Rollins face Bryan, then Reigns, then Brock when he can bypass two of those and just face Brock. WHY EVEN HAVE THE BRIEFCASE

Just so he doesn't have to use the contract.

Pretty sure he'd be the only one with a briefcase who'd go and win the title without using it.

Says more about Rollins' ability to be the top performer and justifiable champion, and shutting up anyone who claimed that he was given everything on a silver platter. 

• Like 1

Is anyone else unhappy with Triple H's announcement? This just seems like a way to back out of having Reigns in the main event at WM31. Correcting their mistake... again... like last year. :facepalm:

This is ridiculous. They went with Reigns, they should stick with it. As much as fans don't like it, it would reflect upon WWE better if they would stand by their choices regardless of boos and fan outrage. This is a blatant attempt to get people to resubscribe to the network, and we all know it. This sucks.

The Wyatt vs Undertaker teaser promos aren't too bad. Though the second one certainly wasn't as subtle -- but I'm totally a fan of them doing promos AFTER the superstar has already had their match.

Is anyone else unhappy with Triple H's announcement? This just seems like a way to back out of having Reigns in the main event at WM31. Correcting their mistake... again... like last year. :facepalm:

This is ridiculous. They went with Reigns, they should stick with it. As much as fans don't like it, it would reflect upon WWE better if they would stand by their choices regardless of boos and fan outrage. This is a blatant attempt to get people to resubscribe to the network, and we all know it. This sucks.

They're still going with Reigns; this "announcement" just helps sell the Fast Lane PPV, since they're pretty sure that people won't pay $55 just for a Sting appearance and Cena vs Rusev (oh, and a Diva's championship match). It's also a utility to have fans subscribe to the network, alongside their "new members get February free" promotion.

In total, Fast Lane will probably have six or seven matches, and only two of major interest, so it's not a bad move by any means.

Unhappy? no.  While I'm glad they're pushing someone new, Reigns (to me) isn't the guy... yet.  I kind of look at it as an assembly line.  Right now, Bryan is assembled, polished, tested and ready to go.  He's the "right now" model.  Reigns, on the other hand is assembled but still needs to go through the polishing process before he's ready to take over.  I'm not saying never with him, just not yet.  Especially when one of the most talented guys on the roster is in his prime and at the peak of his popularity.  I know there's those who claim his pop has died down since the injury, and they're not wrong but still, even a slightly lesser pop for Bryan is currently a bigger pop than anyone else is getting.

Also, if not Bryan, I would rather see Ambrose than Reigns.  It's a personal preference that I'm sure most casual fans would disagree with but Ambrose is truly the definition of "new".  While Reigns is also technically new, he is the most Cena-esque guy they can push.  Popular with women and children, has a good look, extremely limited move set (I'd argue Cena actually has a better arsenal than Reigns), almost never loses, (and when he does it isn't a legit pin), and lesser ability on the mic.  And I swear, if I have to hear "Rock's cousin" one more time I'm gonna burn down an orphanage.

Ambrose could be convincing as someone who could take down Brock simply because he could go in there and "not give a shit" himself into a suicidal frenzy.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

Unhappy? no.  While I'm glad they're pushing someone new, Reigns (to me) isn't the guy... yet.  I kind of look at it as an assembly line.  Right now, Bryan is assembled, polished, tested and ready to go.  He's the "right now" model.  Reigns, on the other hand is assembled but still needs to go through the polishing process before he's ready to take over.  I'm not saying never with him, just not yet.  Especially when one of the most talented guys on the roster is in his prime and at the peak of his popularity.  I know there's those who claim his pop has died down since the injury, and they're not wrong but still, even a slightly lesser pop for Bryan is currently a bigger pop than anyone else is getting.

Also, if not Bryan, I would rather see Ambrose than Reigns.  It's a personal preference that I'm sure most casual fans would disagree with but Ambrose is truly the definition of "new".  While Reigns is also technically new, he is the most Cena-esque guy they can push.  Popular with women and children, has a good look, extremely limited move set (I'd argue Cena actually has a better arsenal than Reigns), almost never loses, (and when he does it isn't a legit pin), and lesser ability on the mic.  And I swear, if I have to hear "Rock's cousin" one more time I'm gonna burn down an orphanage.

Ambrose could be convincing as someone who could take down Brock simply because he could go in there and "not give a shit" himself into a suicidal frenzy.

I agree with this. The WWE should change their plans when the fans don't like it. Because this is for us, not for them. It doesn't matter what Vince or HHH want, it matters what the millions of paying customers want. And those millions want Daniel Bryan to be the top guy, not Roman Reigns.

Now, I like Reigns, and I have since he debuted with The Shield. But he is not ready to be WWEWHC, and definitely not ready to be the next face of this company yet. He had an interview recently, where he came off as a dick, but also said something along the lines of "The fans may think they know who's ready, but it's different when you actually get in this ring". I don't need to be an actor to know that Bill Murray is better than Michael Cera. Just like I don't need to be a wrestler to know that Daniel Bryan is better than Roman Reigns.

I'm glad he's getting a push, because all 3 members of The Shield deserve to be top guys. They just need to slow down on his push a little bit, and give him more time to fully develop his character and be himself. I thought Rollins would be the weakest when the Shield split, but he was given time to be himself and was given mic time, now he's the best chickenshit heel since Edge. Ambrose found his own style, and started using his crazy guy gimmick from the Indies. Reigns is still in Shield gear, and uses the Shield entrance. He needs to break off from that.

• Like 2

I didn't like it because it makes the Royal Rumble match look useless. The whole idea of the Royal Rumble is whoever is left standing at the end of the match goes on to the main event at WrestleMania to challenge the current champion. It's always been that way. Roman Reigns should not have to fight Daniel Bryan for the spot in the main event, because he's already earned it, and that should be irreversible.

I actually believe that I will be rooting for Reigns to beat Daniel Bryan at Fast Lane, just to protect the credibility of a Royal Rumble match.

I didn't like it because it makes the Royal Rumble match look useless. The whole idea of the Royal Rumble is whoever is left standing at the end of the match goes on to the main event at WrestleMania to challenge the current champion. It's always been that way. Roman Reigns should not have to fight Daniel Bryan for the spot in the main event, because he's already earned it, and that should be irreversible.

I actually believe that I will be rooting for Reigns to beat Daniel Bryan at Fast Lane, just to protect the credibility of a Royal Rumble match.

except in 88, 89, 95, 97, 99, 2000 (sort of), 2004 (kind of) 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012 and finally 2014 (kind of)

2000, 2004 and 2014 others were added to the match later but in all those other cases the winner of the Rumble DIDN'T headline Wrestlemania

• Like 1

except in 88, 89, 95, 97, 99, 2000 (sort of), 2004 (kind of) 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012 and finally 2014 (kind of)

2000, 2004 and 2014 others were added to the match later but in all those other cases the winner of the Rumble DIDN'T headline Wrestlemania

But 2004 didn't have a winner. Remember, Big Show slipped and fell out of the ring at the end. Due to embarrassment, they decided to forget the Royal Rumble, and have HHH vs HBK for the title at WM.

tumblr_m1gdtr3fXQ1rr83a9o1_500_crop_nort

Edited by PREDRAG-K

But 2004 didn't have a winner. Remember, Big Show slipped and fell out of the ring at the end. Due to embarrassment, they decided to forget the Royal Rumble, and have HHH vs HBK for the title at WM.

That was a weird year. I also sort of remember this happening

tumblr_m94cfoL5kU1qmkluio1_500.jpg

But the Royal Rumble winner has always been guaranteed and received their title shot?

Except in 88 and 89

I was there for that.

Though in all honesty, all I remember is Cena vs Big Show for the US title, and Lesnar vs Goldberg absolutely stinking up the arena.

Totally forgetting about the amazing match Eddie Guerrero put up against Kurt Angle, and even forgetting that Steve Austin ref'd the Lesnar/Goldberg match.

Go figure.