The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

15 hours ago, ee28max said:

So, about 2 weeks ago on RAW when Reigns was attacked by Braun, some fans got suspicious:

With Ambrose on RAW, there's a slight chance of The Shield reuniting, I doubt it though :P.

I'm personally not a fan of videos like this. It's like a magician's tricks being unveiled...it just ruins the illusion.

4 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Asuka - 163-0.  

Longest NXT womens championship reign - check.

Longest NXT title reign of any kind - check

Beating Goldberg's real record of 155-0 - check

Beating Goldberg's kayfabe record of 173-0 - ___________

I am hoping they just let her come out and announce she has beaten everyone and is going to Raw or Smackdown to find new challengers and have her vacate the title. Then she beats whomever for the title and continue the unbeaten streak until Mania or Rumble or something when someone new beats her and gets the rub.

But will probably happen is she will go to the main roster and Vince will have her go 50/50 with the women there killing her mystique and be confused why no one gets over.

8 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

I'm personally not a fan of videos like this. It's like a magician's tricks being unveiled...it just ruins the illusion.

I guess you're not the only one here :giggle:, I was just at YouTube and then all of a sudden a video was recommended to me :lol:. But to be honest I didn't want to watch it.

• Like 1

I'm guessing they really are going to go through with this whole Roman Reigns thing. After beating Taker at Mania, that was pretty obvious. But the problem I have with it is this: if you're trying to build Roman up like he's the guy to beat, you shouldn't put him as a head spokesman for that make-a-wish stuff. That kind of stuff should be saved for superstars such as Bayley and Titus O'Neill. If you keep plastering Roman's face all over everything WWE does outside of the ring, it's just going to further prove that Reigns has been handpicked by Vince to lead the company forward for the next 10 years. But honestly, in my opinion, it's all fucked anyways. Roman's never going to get cheered. Too many mistakes were made earlier on after the shield broke up. 

We all know Roman is going to beat Strowman at Payback. Then Roman will finally get that rematch with Lesnar for the universal title and finally beat him this time. Then Vince's boner will burst through the roof of his home and thousands will cancel their subscription to the WWE Network in protest, just to renew their subscriptions a month or two later anyways when they realize all other wrestling promotions suck. Vince gets what he wants, our chants against Roman will be ignored, and nothing changes. :/

WWE to FANS: "You're getting Roman. Swallow it bitches".

Edited by jackmadrox

1 hour ago, jackmadrox said:

I'm guessing they really are going to go through with this whole Roman Reigns thing. After beating Taker at Mania, that was pretty obvious. But the problem I have with it is this: if you're trying to build Roman up like he's the guy to beat, you shouldn't put him as a head spokesman for that make-a-wish stuff. That kind of stuff should be saved for superstars such as Bayley and Titus O'Neill. If you keep plastering Roman's face all over everything WWE does outside of the ring, it's just going to further prove that Reigns has been handpicked by Vince to lead the company forward for the next 10 years. But honestly, in my opinion, it's all fucked anyways. Roman's never going to get cheered. Too many mistakes were made earlier on after the shield broke up. 

We all know Roman is going to beat Strowman at Payback. Then Roman will finally get that rematch with Lesnar for the universal title and finally beat him this time. Then Vince's boner will burst through the roof of his home and thousands will cancel their subscription to the WWE Network in protest, just to renew their subscriptions a month or two later anyways when they realize all other wrestling promotions suck. Vince gets what he wants, our chants against Roman will be ignored, and nothing changes. :/

WWE to FANS: "You're getting Roman. Swallow it bitches".

The worst part is Roman is actually really good. If WWE would either turn him heel or just make him not the focal point the fans would get behind him. I mean he is a main event level star...just not the next GUY level star.

RAW (4/24/2017): Having Dean on RAW makes the show even better, like to see every move of his. I can't believe there was a "dumpster" match on RAW including Strowman and Kalisto. With Payback this Sunday, I'm sure Strowman will be beaten. All he'll have left is Brock Lesnar and win the Universal title.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

The Ascension reached a new low tonight: They lost to Breezedango. *SMH*

I really like Breeze and Fandango as a team, I just wish Vince would embrace the obvious, ditch the stupid "Breezango" name and straight up call them the fashion police.  I mean, c;mon!!  It's right there.

6 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

I really like Breeze and Fandango as a team, I just wish Vince would embrace the obvious, ditch the stupid "Breezango" name and straight up call them the fashion police.  I mean, c;mon!!  It's right there.

Yeah but for the most part, they're a joke. The Ascension however are like, what, 3 time NXT tag team champions? Moving them up to the main roster has felt more like a demotion than a promotion. 

1 hour ago, jackmadrox said:

Yeah but for the most part, they're a joke. The Ascension however are like, what, 3 time NXT tag team champions? Moving them up to the main roster has felt more like a demotion than a promotion. 

Their gimmick could be considered a joke but Tyler and Fandango are both very talented workers, which is more important to me.  Having a goofy gimmick isn't always a bad thing either.  Look at the Undertaker.  When he first arrived, Paul Bearer (how stupid was that joke?) gave him his power with a magic urn.  Or more recently, look at the Hardys.  Jeff went to TNA and was an absolute mess (remember his intoxicated main event PPV match with Sting) and Matt was posting, what looked like, suicide notes on Youtube.  Then, all of a sudden Matt creates the absolutely absurd Broken Hardys gimmick that culminated in the so bad it was good Final Deletion match and Bam, their popularity went through the roof.

The tag division is, in my opinion, the perfect place for a team like the fashion police.  The workers are never going to be top guys but they could easily rule the division, just like the New Day, another silly gimmick that just clicks because of who's doing it.  I personally love watching those guys give everyone tickets and calling them uggo's.  It gives some levity in a world where bland, vanilla turds like Orton or Reigns are constantly being shoved down our throats.

3 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Their gimmick could be considered a joke but Tyler and Fandango are both very talented workers, which is more important to me.  Having a goofy gimmick isn't always a bad thing either.  Look at the Undertaker.  When he first arrived, Paul Bearer (how stupid was that joke?) gave him his power with a magic urn.  Or more recently, look at the Hardys.  Jeff went to TNA and was an absolute mess (remember his intoxicated main event PPV match with Sting) and Matt was posting, what looked like, suicide notes on Youtube.  Then, all of a sudden Matt creates the absolutely absurd Broken Hardys gimmick that culminated in the so bad it was good Final Deletion match and Bam, their popularity went through the roof.

The tag division is, in my opinion, the perfect place for a team like the fashion police.  The workers are never going to be top guys but they could easily rule the division, just like the New Day, another silly gimmick that just clicks because of who's doing it.  I personally love watching those guys give everyone tickets and calling them uggo's.  It gives some levity in a world where bland, vanilla turds like Orton or Reigns are constantly being shoved down our throats.

While all of that is true, still you have to admit, The Ascension's time on the main roster has been terrible for a team that was so great in NXT.

47 minutes ago, jackmadrox said:

While all of that is true, still you have to admit, The Ascension's time on the main roster has been terrible for a team that was so great in NXT.

No doubt, hopefully they'll stick with the pseudo repackage on those guys and start the slow road to elevation.

• Like 1

I have missed out a lot of wrestling these past few weeks. Old Tv died and had to get a new one. Please help me out if you can. 

1.There was some controversy with JBL. What happened exactly?

2. The results from Raw and Smackdown this week - match wise. Was Raw better or was smackdown better? 

1 hour ago, GoodbyeBread said:

I have missed out a lot of wrestling these past few weeks. Old Tv died and had to get a new one. Please help me out if you can. 

1.There was some controversy with JBL. What happened exactly?

2. The results from Raw and Smackdown this week - match wise. Was Raw better or was smackdown better? 

1 - Mauro Ranallo was noticeably absent from Smackdown a little while ago.  It was reported he was stuck because of weather.  JBL immediately took to twitter and ran him down for not finding a way.  Then, Ranallo was gone again next week.  Then the week after.  It was discovered that (allegedly) he suffered a mental breakdown from constant bullying from JBL.  It snowballed from there, JBL's history of bullying was brought to the forefront and fans were upset that they're losing an amazing play-by-play guy due to the actions of the most obnoxious commentator on the roster, the same one who happens to be BFF's with the boss.  It got to the point of there being a "fire JBL" chant at a live Smack down a few weeks ago.  Ranallo is still under contract until August but he won't be on TV anymore and is already doing some MMA gigs.  From what I understand, the situation has blown over and both men have commented so we'll probably never know what truly happened.

2 -  http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/raw-blogged-no-cracker/

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/smackdown-live-results-discussion-42517/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

1 - Mauro Ranallo was noticeably absent from Smackdown a little while ago.  It was reported he was stuck because of weather.  JBL immediately took to twitter and ran him down for not finding a way.  Then, Ranallo was gone again next week.  Then the week after.  It was discovered that (allegedly) he suffered a mental breakdown from constant bullying from JBL.  It snowballed from there, JBL's history of bullying was brought to the forefront and fans were upset that they're losing an amazing play-by-play guy due to the actions of the most obnoxious commentator on the roster, the same one who happens to be BFF's with the boss.  It got to the point of there being a "fire JBL" chant at a live Smack down a few weeks ago.  Ranallo is still under contract until August but he won't be on TV anymore and is already doing some MMA gigs.  From what I understand, the situation has blown over and both men have commented so we'll probably never know what truly happened.

2 -  http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/raw-blogged-no-cracker/

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/smackdown-live-results-discussion-42517/

Holy Shit! That's Insane

You would think that Vince would at the very least punish JBL for such an incident. You know, given the fact that the WWE has run the anti-bully campaign before (and problably still running it). Not a good message to send to people, especially kids.

anyway, Thanks for the explanation and the links. 

Thank God I didn't check any kind of predictions or news about tonight. Yes, it's going to hurt Raw having lost Y2J but I think is not a bad move. And wwe universe adore Ambrose, so he'll have even more attention now. 

Not a big fan of Alexa but being the biggest heel in Raw now it was cool that they made her 1st Raw and SD champion.

Very predictable but entertaining match for tag team championship.

And it was very funny at the end of the event how the crowd went nuts when Reigns lost, but that "You deserve it" at the very end was too much lol.

Very average PPV. House of Horrors match was unbelievably bad. The scariest part about it was Randy getting a refrigerator dropped on him. The promo for the match was better than the actual match. Bray Wyatt sucks. I have totally lost any hope for this guy. The guy is just boring and average, but that's partially because of WWE creative. 

I was wrong about Roman winning. I'm shocked, I am. But I also wasn't surprised to her Michael Cole say "Braun beat a less than %100 Roman Reigns". Of course you had to throw that in there. Of course you did. Take some away from Braun. Asswipe.

I mostly played WWE Immortals on my phone the whole time. This PPV could not keep my attention.

Aside from the House of Horrors match I liked this PPV..The 1st three matches were very solid (the Hardys definitely went through the ringer), the women's match was good, although I wish they'd just establish a dominant champion instead of hot-potato'ing the damn title all the time.  Braun got a much needed win over Roman, even if Roman was protected in the process and the last stair shot looked pretty convincing.  Yeah, it was predictable, aside from Braun winning, but I don't mind that in a B-level PPV if the work is solid enough.