The WWE Discussion Thread

fresquinho

Well, Shield/Evolution was, as expected, the match of the night.  Was surprised to see them go over this early in the feud but there's no way it's over between these two teams.  Which is great.  The match was as chaotic as it needed to be without getting too corny (looking at you Kane and Bryan) and Rollins stole the show.

Rumour is Batista is taking off soon to promote his new movie so that is probably why they lost.

Also didn't R-Truth do the whole "turning kids against Cena" thing like 5 years ago with the little Jimmy bit?

Rumour is Batista is taking off soon to promote his new movie so that is probably why they lost.

Also didn't R-Truth do the whole "turning kids against Cena" thing like 5 years ago with the little Jimmy bit?

Probably (don't really remember because I payed zero attention to that feud).  Little Jimmy was more of a comedy thing though whereas Bray is effectively breaking Cena down.  Kane had a similar "bringing out the monster" feud with Cena more recently as well but what Bray is doing is on a whole new level compared to those past feuds.

Probably (don't really remember because I payed zero attention to that feud).  Little Jimmy was more of a comedy thing though whereas Bray is effectively breaking Cena down.  Kane had a similar "bringing out the monster" feud with Cena more recently as well but what Bray is doing is on a whole new level compared to those past feuds.

Sure Bray is a lot darker than those two but look what happened in both of those previous feuds. Ryder and R-Truth were getting over...until they were fed to Cena's story line and now Truth is jobbing to Rusev and Ryder is...well he shows up every now and then.  You can add the entire Nexus as well to that group because Cena buried that entire group in a single swipe.

I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to Bray :(

• Like 1

Sure Bray is a lot darker than those two but look what happened in both of those previous feuds. Ryder and R-Truth were getting over...until they were fed to Cena's story line and now Truth is jobbing to Rusev and Ryder is...well he shows up every now and then.  You can add the entire Nexus as well to that group because Cena buried that entire group in a single swipe.

I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to Bray :(

You and me both.

I'm not as worried about it with Bray though because he's proven to be capale of working at a top level in every way.  He has a great look, can work a match at a high level and is a top 1%'er with the mic.  He's a Daniel Bryan-esque talent to me, in that even if they tried to bury him (without resorting to a full repackaging) he'd find a way to surpass it and still win the crowd.  He's also not getting over like Truth and Ryder... he's over, and in a big way.  I argued with Darkness that, win or lose, Bray has gained a ton of stock in this current feud with Cena and I still think he'll be able to carry his momentum for a long time coming.

Edited by skidmarkgn

Oh man, I was hoping this Bryan-Kane feud was over. I can't take Kane seriously anymore. They've removed the mask too many times, and when it was on they gave him an anger management gimmick.

I just want Bryan to move on to the next feud, whether it be Orton, Batista, Lesnar, or whoever. Just get this silly horror movie stuff out of here.

Oh man, I was hoping this Bryan-Kane feud was over. I can't take Kane seriously anymore. They've removed the mask too many times, and when it was on they gave him an anger management gimmick.

I just want Bryan to move on to the next feud, whether it be Orton, Batista, Lesnar, or whoever. Just get this silly horror movie stuff out of here.

You mean you didn't enjoy Brie's world-class acting job tonight :D

This will bring a tear to your eye :(

OMG I remember watching the video of him meeting Kane And Bryan shortly after it was posted. :( this is so sad that it has happened :( really proud of WWE for giving Connor and his family this experience :)

Good story about Punk and why we should let Celebrities just be people.

http://www.redeyechicago.com/news/redeye-my-friend-is-famous-and-it-sucks-20140508,0,5530389.column

I feel like this is a big reason why Punk stepped away. In his 2011 documentary "Best in the World" he said he wanted to be a regular guy again. He almost left back in 2011, just so he could relax, watch hockey, and walk around without being bothered. I'm guessing he decided to do all of that now.

Rumors are he is getting married to AJ. If that's true, I don't expect to see him back for a few years. Clearly he wants to just live life, without being reminded he's a celebrity.

As a huge Punk fan, I hope one day he does return. If he needs to take a few years off, like Jericho did in 2004, then that's fine. I would just hate for him to never get a proper retirement match.

Any one remember when Kane was doing the whole May 19 Story line back then?

If I was WWE/Steph I would reuse that aspect of Kane into this Daniel Bryan Feud, because let's face it....it's not doing soo good trying to replicate Horror Movie Elements into this feud(especially with Brie & Steph no selling acting). 

Also if you look at your calendar this year's May 19 is on Monday, meaning they can possible pull it off. They should try to bring back the "Real" Kane back, not this supposed whatever kane Steph keeps rambling about. Not gonna lie removing kane's mask or putting it back on has lost it's value these days. It's like..."Oh he took/put it off/on"...okay.

Bring back this kane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r-9f9mfvlk

So it sounds like Bryan will be missing a month or 2 of action, possibly more if the doctors find a big problem. The WWE may have no choice but to strip him of the title, and put him back in the hunt when he returns.

I bet there's a certain "retired" Chicago wrestler who is about to get a ton of calls from Vince.

So it sounds like Bryan will be missing a month or 2 of action, possibly more if the doctors find a big problem. The WWE may have no choice but to strip him of the title, and put him back in the hunt when he returns.

I bet there's a certain "retired" Chicago wrestler who is about to get a ton of calls from Vince.

I agree Rodman needs another run :D

6992%20-%20Dennis_Rodman%20bash_at_the_b

• Like 1

Seeing Kalisto on NXT has me really excited.  We all know Rey's on his last legs, Sin Cara was a failed experiment and Del Rio is as popular as he's gonna get.  Maybe Samuray Del Sol can be the man to take the reigns and finally be the replacement to Rey that Vince has been looking for all this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96v9LdKz11Y

Kalisto vs. Seth Rollins anybody? :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Edited by skidmarkgn

This is a couple of months old but I thought it was really funny. Jericho talks about his first night as the Undisputed Champion

Haha, Jericho is awesome. I also never thought about other wrestlers leaving before the main event, like he said. But I guess it makes sense.

My friend Sent me this image yesterday, and It took him "having to explain it" today; for me to get it.

BonaM6lCMAAVGNj.png

Apparently a WWE employee who's in charge of the "WWEFanNation" Account was "liking" Sex videos.

Some are saying "The in-charge employee will be getting fired, or will claim Hacked".

I simply found it hilarious....because I never expected this from them.

Also the Liked Videos are gone.

Edited by DarknessKey92
  • Like 2

My friend Sent me this image yesterday, and It took him "having to explain it" today; for me to get it.

BonaM6lCMAAVGNj.png

Apparently a WWE employee who's in charge of the "WWEFanNation" Account was "liking" Sex videos.

Some are saying "The in-charge employee will be getting fired, or will claim Hacked".

I simply found it hilarious....because I never expected this from them.

Also the Liked Videos are gone.

215510359_g2oPk-L-2.jpg

Anyone watch NXT Takeover?  If not (and you have the network) check it out.  All 3 of the "big" matches 100% delivered.  Zayn and Breeze was a 5 star match, Nattie and Charlotte but on a better match than 90% of the main roster guys and the title match told a really good story with two guys that can work their asses off.

• Like 1

I would of loved to have watched NXT Takeover as I often prefer to watch NXT than watch an episode of RAW but I couldn't watch Takeover as I live in the U.K. and it seems WWE doesn't love us brits as much :(