We Play Freedom Wars

I play with Barbaras Easy Blaster SO overpowering; On Code 3 missions I can break off parts every 6-8 seconds, it just eats through them. Especially covilians, it breaks open a pod in like 10 seconds flat. So I don't get to use my Spear much.

My Accessory has a rarity 3 machine gun got as a prize due to a perfect mission at some point.

I reached the checkpoint, still a lot of talking, but the game's fun so it balances out a little bit. So how are you guys playing it? I have a minigun and the polearm from the free DLC, and I gave my accessory a rocket launcher. 

If you have a rocket launcher, I suggest you equip it for yourself.

Unless you mean the smaller rocket launcher, that one is good for accessory.

I play with Barbaras Easy Blaster SO overpowering; On Code 3 missions I can break off parts every 6-8 seconds, it just eats through them. Especially covilians, it breaks open a pod in like 10 seconds flat. So I don't get to use my Spear much.

My Accessory has a rarity 3 machine gun got as a prize due to a perfect mission at some point.

Barbara is OP, you got a nice equip =D (Even though I never used it xDDD)

I have changed quite a bit between weapons, but I'm mainly using the EZ Falke II (severing everything.. but I should lvl it up a bit..) and EZ Katze Kralle I, my accessory is with a Arisaka Mk1.

I tried the machine gun (EZ Wolf I Ausf. F). but didn't liked it, same for the Barbara Easy Blaster (but I was probably using this one the wrong way..).. The rocket launcher (AAW-M2) is cool too, but the ammo capacity makes it feel useless for me (10 rounds).

Still I'm mainly melee everything.. and I know that my play style is far from efficient..

I have changed quite a bit between weapons, but I'm mainly using the EZ Falke II (severing everything.. but I should lvl it up a bit..) and EZ Katze Kralle I, my accessory is with a Arisaka Mk1.

I tried the machine gun (EZ Wolf I Ausf. F). but didn't liked it, same for the Barbara Easy Blaster (but I was probably using this one the wrong way..).. The rocket launcher (AAW-M2) is cool too, but the ammo capacity makes it feel useless for me (10 rounds).

Still I'm mainly melee everything.. and I know that my play style is far from efficient..

Yeah, I mostly kill everything in melee, too xD To be honest, it's a lot more fun for me :D Cutting away arms and stuff is fun.

When will we get the next checkpoint? I want to play the code 4 missions :)

The rocket launcher (AAW-M2) is cool too, but the ammo capacity makes it feel useless for me (10 rounds).

This is actually the best weapon in the game (imo) =D

The ammo capacity can be risen when you add the appropriate trait.

After you get it with XL ammo capacity, it's unbeatable beast because most maps have crapload of ammo packs =)

Yeah, I mostly kill everything in melee, too xD To be honest, it's a lot more fun for me :D Cutting away arms and stuff is fun.

When will we get the next checkpoint? I want to play the code 4 missions :)

Ya, really fun :)

And I'm the same, I was starting to like the story, so I didn't want to stop at the start of Code 4..

This is actually the best weapon in the game (imo) =D

The ammo capacity can be risen when you add the appropriate trait.

After you get it with XL ammo capacity, it's unbeatable beast because most maps have crapload of ammo packs =)

I know what you mean, I used it for a bit on the Code 3 exam (or was it in an optional mission in Code 2?), because I picked it up from the ground and decided to try it.. well I was also being demolished by 2 abductors that were in a berserk like rage (don't know what triggers this thing.. is it because they get below some specific HP, or because I cut all their weapons?).

I'm keeping the best one around, so that I can use it if needed, and it's stupidly powerful (I have a rank 1, level 2 with 1800 ATK..).. If there's a way to improve the ammo capacity, then I will sure look for it, since it's really a beast!

I'm keeping the best one around, so that I can use it if needed, and it's stupidly powerful (I have a rank 1, level 2 with 1800 ATK..).. If there's a way to improve the ammo capacity, then I will sure look for it, since it's really a beast!

Yep, yep. 1800 is brutal for the beginning =D

I actually ended up with 6000 damage one =D 

Was fun :awesome:

Freedom Wars Discussion #1

Hey everyone, I'll be in charge of the discussions regarding the game. Sorry for the slight delay (I was busy farming for items  :P). Anyway, the discussions are here, so feel free to answer away!

1- What's your thoughts regarding the premise of Freedom Wars? About overpopulation and wars over valuable resources?

2- What do you think about the story? Are you liking it so far?

3- Thoughts on the absurd sentence system?

4- What do you think of the 1984-level of surveillance in Panopticons?

5- Thoughts on the characters? Do you have a favorite one?

6- What's your take on the concept of Sinner being accompanied by an "accessory" that monitors them all the time-- even during sleep?

7- Are you enjoying the gameplay? Does the third-person perspective fit well with style of the game?

8- How are the missions going along? Did you acquire good gear?

9- Did you experience any difficulty spikes during the missions?

10- How are finding the presentation (visuals and audio)? Is it great for a handheld console such as the Vita?

11- Did you try multi-player yet? If so, how does playing with real people compare with the game's A.I.?

Most of us have finished the game and are willing to help those in need of some assistance in missions. So, if you're having trouble, feel free to ask for help. That's all for this discussion, I just wanted to start-off talking about basic things about the game such as the premise and etc. Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions and keep the discussions going, stay tuned for part 2!

Edited by NullRay85

I don't even remember where I got my Barbaras but I'm not parting with it. I'm eager to start for the next checkpoint, do we have to wait to advance?

The only mission I didn't much like was the base capture. I'm not a fannof CTF/Base capture games haha.

Nvm I missed the checkpoint post. To Code 7! Since the first checkpoint was extended to saturday, are we on a Saturday to Saturday basis or was it just the first?

Edited by TigressLion

Well, here are my answers. I left a few out as I didn't have much of an answer to them. ^<>^

2- What do you think about the story? Are you liking it so far? I think the story is alright, nothing "crazy" has happened in it though. I also want to know why my character is a sinner in the first place. You start out as a sinner, but lose your memory and get the million year sentence. Also, why does everyone have a million year sentence? Did they all lose their memory? :P Oh also, there is way to much freaking talking. The game separates the missions with a lot of talking and load screens. It's a lot of fast travelling to the Warren, and then back to your cell.

3- Thoughts on the absurd sentence system? I actually thought this was kind of funny, getting punished for normal things like walking around. Although, I haven't been punished in a while because of the entitlements I got.

5- Thoughts on the characters? Do you have a favorite one? None of the characters have really stood out. Mattias is annoying, I don't really have an opinion on Bea, she hasn't really done anything but have a mysterious background, and Uwe is kind of cool I guess. I always take Marie with me on missions because I think she's cute, but she isn't much a character.

6- What's your take on the concept of Sinner being accompanied by an "accessory" that monitors them all the time-- even during sleep? I don't really mind them, they're just computers programmed to do a job. Although, I think I might be misunderstanding, since there are trophies called "I Want You Back" and "The Only One for Me" regarding the accessories. I'm not really sure why they're named that.

7- Are you enjoying the gameplay? Does the third-person perspective fit well with style of the game? I think the gameplay is really fun. It's very reminiscent of Soul Sacrifice, and I love that game.

8- How are the missions going along? Did you acquire good gear? I think the missions are going well. I'm not really sure if I have good gear, since I don't know what qualifies as "good," but I think I have good stuff.

9- Did you experience any difficulty spikes during the missions? Nope! All the missions have been relatively easy. My only frustration is when my accessory either focuses on fighting the enemy, or doesn't run fast enough to heal me.

10- How are finding the presentation (visuals and audio)? Is it great for a handheld console such as the Vita? I think the game looks really good for the vita. I've been playing this with streams in the background so I haven't really been able to listen to the music.

Edited by ryansvader
  • Like 2

So just did the first mission in CODE 5. What did you do? Spoiler tag is actually a spoiler

Did you choose Ann or Hal? I didn't really give a crap about either of these characters. So I saved Ann just because she was cute. Although, I did talk to Hal beforehand and told him I'd go on a date with him. Welp, I guess that won't happen now ^<>^

So just did the first mission in CODE 5. What did you do? Spoiler tag is actually a spoiler

Did you choose Ann or Hal? I didn't really give a crap about either of these characters. So I saved Ann just because she was cute. Although, I did talk to Hal beforehand and told him I'd go on a date with him. Welp, I guess that won't happen now ^<>^

yeah, i agree. The story doesn't do a good job of developing them and by the time you make the decision, you don't really care about who lives and dies. I chose Ann, for same reasons. :P

I commend the spoiler tags and all but this is a Let's Play, and this is the first Code during our 2nd checkpoint; people shouldn't read this content anyways unless being this far?

Anyways, I chose the girl. I always go with girls, no sausage fest at Lions house. Just like how I always choose Marie, Ann, or the other one to accompany me on missions.

When I played this during the summer

I chose Ann because she was a medic class. The medic AI is most likely to heal you when playing single player. I also liked her weapons better than Hal's weapons.

And here's some general tips for everyone. You can change the ally AI and your Accessory to do different things in the game. You can either press :select: or tap the touch screen to bring up the orders menus. The first menu that shows up lets you order your accessory and by pressing :l1: or :r1: you can switch the the ally AI. You can change your Accessory's possible orders from your cell (after you've bought the ability to do so) but you can't change the orders for the ally AI. Only the host can command the ally AI if you're playing multiplayer. The screenshot below shows the ally AI's possible orders. I usually have them on Suppress Personnel until someone dies and then I change it to Prioritize Recovery.

EwID1a4.jpg

My second tip is that you can automatically break the Abductor's second and third pods after breaking the first pod if you attach yourself to them while it's still down. For Abductors with a single pod, you can sometimes automatically break pods after severing an body part. I've only had it work with Light Melee weapons so if you don't have one it might not work. The text will be light blue and say Break Pod if you are able to automatically break it.

I'd also advise giving your accessory a rocket launcher because they have infinite ammo and have godly accuracy.

On another note, I'm curious about what everyone's characters look like, Mine are in the spoiler below

YiQhH7I.jpg

05AreN8.jpg

zIaToMa.jpg

I hope I'm not breaking any of your rules buu. I did mention in the sign up thread that I'd like to help.

Edited by Urushiro

I don't think that is a question, since there's literally no one who would choose otherwise =D

On another note, I'm curious about what everyone's characters look like, Mine are in the spoiler below

1bLm1s5.jpg

I hope I'm not breaking any of your rules buu. I did mention in the sign up thread that I'd like to help.

I'm invading all the time, I think it's okay =D