DC Cinematic Universe

TheVader66

You can blame the studio for that. Leto himself was also pissed on how many of his scenes were cut during an interview with IGN. Link. Also some scenes from the trailer weren't even in the final cut. (The bar scene where Harley is pouring drinks for everyone comes to mind).

I read that interview earlier today actually. "If I died tomorrow them scenes would come out and that would be good. We all die" ... Didn't the last guy who played the Joker die around the time it came out? Hmm.

• Like 1

I read that interview earlier today actually. "If I died tomorrow them scenes would come out and that would be good. We all die" ... Didn't the last guy who played the Joker die around the time it came out? Hmm.

Its him being an edge lord. That's his thing now.

Marvel trolls bashed that Martha scene because they found it as a not good enough excuse to stop beating the living daylight out of Supes, but it's alright for their Captain America to turn into a jackass every time the name Bucky comes up, even though it has been the same concept for two movies. 

You can blame the studio for that. Leto himself was also pissed on how many of his scenes were cut during an interview with IGN. Link. Also some scenes from the trailer weren't even in the final cut. (The bar scene where Harley is pouring drinks for everyone comes to mind).

The problem people have with the Martha scene is the way its brought up and the way it stops Superman/Batman from fighting. Cap'n doesn't spaz out when the name is mentioned but he is naturally uncomfortable about people going after his best friend.

I think the Martha scene is great at humanizing Batman but ultimately Marvel have no done anything comparable in Civil War.

I too was disappointed with Joker. He had the "creepy psychotic" Joker down but... that was it. Honestly bleach someone's skin white, dye their hair green, put on makeup and tattoos and anyone could have played that role the way Leto did. He lacked the charisma that other Jokers such as Ledger, Nicholson, and even Romero possessed in their works. Also, in his very name, JOKER. He wasn't in the least bit funny. One of Joker's core qualities is making wise cracks, crude puns, and other jokes. Leto didn't have any of that. He was just a generic, psycho clown killer.

Harley definitely stole the show, and while Deadshot was good too, it felt a lot like just Will Smith in a Deadshot costume. Not saying it's necessarily bad, Smith is a great actor, but he didn't really bring anything different from some of his other roles. Diablo was good too, up until his generic backstory about his family. And I was also pleasantly surprised by Jai Courtney as Cpt. Boomerang. 

Killer Croc was fine. He's not meant to have a large role so he delivered enough and I enjoyed him. Sad to say that even he was funnier than the Joker though. I can't say much about the other characters like Rick Flagg or Katana since I don't know much about their characters so there's that.

• 2 weeks later...

So now that I saw Suicide Squad twice, I got to say I personally love the movie. Yeah it has problems, like in the beginning where you can tell that some scenes were cut out. For example: I can tell that there were more interactions between Joker and Harley Quinn. My favorite character besides Deadshot and Harley Quinn, it is El Diablo. I love how he was hesitant in fighting and that they showed what happened to make him act this way. Overall I give the movie a 8/10 it had flaws but it was still a great movie. It is way better than Batman V Superman. 

Edited by TheVader66

Suicide Squad is fucking abysmal. Genuinely question anyone who thinks this is in any way an acceptable movie.

The actors are the only redeeming factor in this flick. Will Smith is fantastic and Margot does well with what she's given [hint: not much] other than that it fails as a stand alone movie and as an adaptation sticking to the source material.

Ayer didn't make this for the fans. He made it for the money.

Suicide Squad was ok. I thought it was better than BvS, but definitely not the hit DC needed.

It will be interesting to see what impact Geoff Johns will have on the DCCU. I guess we really won't know until Wonder Woman, which I still remain excited for.

The flash TV Show > Anything the movies make JS

DC Has always had there strongest points not in movies but in Cartoon Series
Think About it

Justice League 

Justice League Unlimited

Batman Animated series 

Superman Animated series

Batman Beyond <333 

Teen Titans 

Young Justice (which was a fucking master piece Still think its bullshit it got cancelled.)
Then you also have amazing movies like

Justice League War 
ETC I could go on with this but you see a pattern here.

I don't think DC strong point is movies its TV Shows.
Marvel Is good at movies etc Meanwhile DC Is good at TV series.

TBH I can't tell you one cartoon show that marvel has done that's like mind blowing.

Suicide Squad was ok. I thought it was better than BvS, but definitely not the hit DC needed.

It will be interesting to see what impact Geoff Johns will have on the DCCU. I guess we really won't know until Wonder Woman, which I still remain excited for.

Better than BvS? In what universe?  :unsure:

I really wish they would at least try to capture the magic of that show. I loved it so much but it seems they are going to the "New 52" route. 

TBH I'm a very hardcore DC Fan as my Girl Friend tells me ALOT but the Movie universe is just eh to me...

Like we went to the movies to watch Batman V Superman and my Thoughts after the movie where just like EHHHH? 

And I'm not hyped for the Justice League at all... Sadly

Better than BvS? In what universe?  :unsure:

Ya, it is sad I can't call either really good, but I do think Suicide Squad sucked far less, ha ha. For me it was about the characters which were comic accurate in Suicide Squad. BvS had many more problems, for one Superman didn't feel like, well Superman. Ben Affleck was a good batman, but I really like how he was used in Suicide Squad (also he was comic accurate as he refrained from killing a bunch of people :) ) Suicide Squad's first 1/3 was good. It had a nice soundtrack and a unique flare we hadn't seen yet in the DCCU, but I believe lot of post production edits hurt this film the most. Lastly both the films villains were poor. I'm talking Doomsday and Enchantress.

Like I said before I believe DC will get the ball rolling with Wonder Woman and Batffleck's solo film, because Batman has the best villains in the DC universe.

Ya, it is sad I can't call either really good, but I do think Suicide Squad sucked far less, ha ha. For me it was about the characters which were comic accurate in Suicide Squad. BvS had many more problems, for one Superman didn't feel like, well Superman. Ben Affleck was a good batman, but I really like how he was used in Suicide Squad (also he was comic accurate as he refrained from killing a bunch of people :) ) Suicide Squad's first 1/3 was good. It had a nice soundtrack and a unique flare we hadn't seen yet in the DCCU, but I believe lot of post production edits hurt this film the most. Lastly both the films villains were poor. I'm talking Doomsday and Enchantress.

Like I said before I believe DC will get the ball rolling with Wonder Woman and Batffleck's solo film, because Batman has the best villains in the DC universe.

Harley Quinn was pretty spot on but she had out of character moments, Will Smith did well as Deadshot from an acting perspective, but not from a comicbook one. The other ones felt rushed and poorly done. Aside from Captain Boomerang, who was funny (but again, underdeveloped). It was nothing short of hilarious how they tried to make the audience care about Diablo in the end, when he hasn't even said anything in the entire movie. Even more when he refers to the squad as his second family when he's been treated like an outcast constantly. The plot was lousy, Enchantress was garbage, dialogue was shit, editing was horrible (BvS suffered from this too, luckily the Ultimate Cut fixes some of that) and the use of nostalgic, old popular music was overdone imo. The first half was like a music video, rather than an actual movie. It doesn't help the movie either that the first hour consists of little but introductions, and the last hour is crammed with action, plot and whatnot. Missed opportunity, because it had a nice visual style and I dug the marketing for it.

Batman in Suicide Squad was wasted, in my opinion. His Deadshot cameo felt like "Hey, Batman is in this movie too guys. Go watch Suicide Squad". Not to mention his Joker cameo... But I like how they're attempting to show everything's connected. I really liked the mid-credits scene with Amanda Waller and Bruce Wayne.

As for BvS: basically my only complaint is Jesse Eisenberg. He plays the same character in each flick and he's hard to watch. He better be Lex Luthor Jr. and not the actual Lex. And how did Superman not feel like Superman to you? I don't get it. He showed all the traits and I believe Henry Cavill does an outstanding job as the Man of Steel. Doomsday was solid in my opinion, they didn't underpower him like I felt they would.

And yes, with Geoff Johns now in charge of the DCEU, we might get back on track. He's writing the script for the Batman solo film, and Affleck is directing. Dream team.

Batman in Suicide Squad was wasted, in my opinion. His Deadshot cameo felt like "Hey, Batman is in this movie too guys. Go watch Suicide Squad". Not to mention his Joker cameo... But I like how they're attempting to show everything's connected. I really liked the mid-credits scene with Amanda Waller and Bruce Wayne.

As for BvS: basically my only complaint is Jesse Eisenberg. He plays the same character in each flick and he's hard to watch. He better be Lex Luthor Jr. and not the actual Lex. And how did Superman not feel like Superman to you? I don't get it. He showed all the traits and I believe Henry Cavill does an outstanding job as the Man of Steel. Doomsday was solid in my opinion, they didn't underpower him like I felt they would.

And yes, with Geoff Johns now in charge of the DCEU, we might get back on track. He's writing the script for the Batman solo film, and Affleck is directing. Dream team.

Yes in an attempt to connect things it made sense to have Batman, and the Flash was a nice bonus. For me it was cool to see Batman from a villains perspective. Also this ties into BvS as it was established he had put a lot of villains away already.

I agree with you on that one, Eisenberg's Lex was annoying, I'm not sure if he was trying to hard or trying to be a cartoon character?

Don't get me wrong Henry Cavill can play the role, I loved the costume, and he's not too overpowered. But Superman for me is a symbol of hope and in BvS you get mixed messaging as at one point he doesn't even believe in himself. He is often too serious and every act of heroism seems like a chore. I guess what I'm saying is he didn't fit into the tone of BvS that well, which was predominantly a Batman film. I mean he had something like 40 lines of dialogue, and his name is in the title. I think DC realizes this and will fast tracked a Man of Steel 2 movie in order to attempt a course correction to the character in this DCCU.

I liked they had Doomsday in the film, but I didn't like his look at all. The CG was terrible. It just seemed rushed as King Shark on the Flash TV show looked better.

Yes the Batman solo film is in good hands, and if the rumors of an Arkham Asylum story are true it would be amazing; to see Batman go through his rogues gallery.

Edited by StarFang7

Yes the Batman solo film is in good hands, and if the rumors of an Arkham Asylum story are true it would be amazing; to see Batman go through his rogues gallery.

Is there any word of the Arkham game series writers working on the movie because since BatmanVSuperman. Warner Bros have been collaborating with writers of popular works like Geoff Johns who is now co-writing Justice League. I heard rumors that the Batman scene where he fights the thugs to save Superman's mother was inspired by the Arkham games.

Is there any word of the Arkham game series writers working on the movie because since BatmanVSuperman. Warner Bros have been collaborating with writers of popular works like Geoff Johns who is now co-writing Justice League. I heard rumors that the Batman scene where he fights the thugs to save Superman's mother was inspired by the Arkham games.

No word on the Arkham game writers, but Geoff Johns has said the movie will feature lots of villains. This has people thinking Arkham Asylum will be in the movie.

Yes that scene had fluid combat, inspired by the Arkham games. Many agree it was one of the best scenes in that movie. There is also a rumor Batman's new suit will be more tech inspired to go up against the forces of Darkseid, so I can image they will draw something up to what we saw in Arkham Knight.

And more Geoff Johns is a good thing for the DCCU.

[update] Looks like Affleck confirmed Deathstroke as a main villain in his movie. He looks good.

https://twitter.com/benaffleck/status/770259217940746245

Edited by StarFang7

• 8 months later...

@MarsipanRumpan @Arkthur @starcrunch061 @Yukizm69 @GJ4E- @feral611 @RabbiAndy @Crzy Minus

Okay a lot has happened relating to the DC Cinematic Universe, so let's get started.

First, Wonder Woman is getting a lot of compliments from critics who watched the film early and gave their first impressions on the film. 

Here is a few source on this

First: http://screencrush.com/early-reviews-call-wonder-woman-the-best-dc-universe-movie-yet/

Second: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/19/wonder-woman-first-reactions-twitter-roundup

Third: https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2017/05/19/wonder-woman-first-reactions/22099223/

Second, Zack Snyder is stepping down as director from Justice League due to a horrible family tragedy involving his daughter's death and Joss Whedon the director of the Avengers will be taking up the role left by Zack Snyder. I send my condolences to the Snyder family through this difficult time. 

For more information, here is the source of this news: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-steps-down-justice-league-deal-family-tragedy-1006455

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, TheVader66 said:

First, Wonder Woman is getting a lot of compliments from critics who watched the film early and gave their first impressions on the film. 

Second, Zack Snyder is stepping down as director from Justice League due to a horrible family tragedy involving his daughter's death and Joss Whedon the director of the Avengers will be taking up the role left by Zack Snyder. I send my condolences to the Snyder family through this difficult time. 

For more information, here is the source of this news: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-steps-down-justice-league-deal-family-tragedy-1006455

Yeah things been happening for sure. Im happy about Wonder Woman, I think a lot of people would've given up on the DCEU if WW also flopped. But the trailers looks promising, and WB seems to have learned not to spoil anything from their second BvS trailer. Im hoping for all the success in the world for them, especially with Justice League since their first "assemble" movie wasn't exactly a brilliant movie.

Its some truly horrible news and I don't care if you're a Marvel, DC, comic book fan in general. Zack Snyder's daughter took her own life, the project name for Man of Steel was named for his love of his daughter. Its truly horrible. However, Joss Whedon getting to direct two of the most iconic teams ever and bringing them to the big screen. No doubt Zack will get all the credit however, but its still cool Joss got to work on both Avengers and Justice Leage. 

In other news however, I don't like at all how DC is building up their lineup. It honestly feels bad, disconnected and frankly, like they don't give a shit. Yes Im a Marvel fan, but I do love DC and want them to succed. When Marvel announces their lineup they mostly stick to it, their Phase 3 has had some delays because of the Spidey deal and Inhumans is cancelled. However DC throws out movie announcements like nothing. Apperently theres Batman, Man of Steel 2, Gotham City Sirens, Justice League Dark, Black Adam, Nightwing and a Batgirl movie in production, all without a release date. And Flash got moved indefinitely because of the director leaving. Honestly it feels like they don't have a plan at all as of right now. And there are now 13 months without a new release because of it, while Marvel has 3 new movies in between. Ofcouse they should take their time, but it feels like their planning is horrible right now and it worries me a whole ton. 

On 5/24/2017 at 0:10 AM, MarsipanRumpan said:

Yeah things been happening for sure. Im happy about Wonder Woman, I think a lot of people would've given up on the DCEU if WW also flopped. But the trailers looks promising, and WB seems to have learned not to spoil anything from their second BvS trailer. Im hoping for all the success in the world for them, especially with Justice League since their first "assemble" movie wasn't exactly a brilliant movie.

Yeah, I am happy Wonder Woman is getting some good vibes. Also it was about time that she got her own movie since she is part of the DC Trinity but for decades the movies have always been about Superman and Batman, at least finally Wonder Woman got her own movie.

Its some truly horrible news and I don't care if you're a Marvel, DC, comic book fan in general. Zack Snyder's daughter took her own life, the project name for Man of Steel was named for his love of his daughter. Its truly horrible. However, Joss Whedon getting to direct two of the most iconic teams ever and bringing them to the big screen. No doubt Zack will get all the credit however, but its still cool Joss got to work on both Avengers and Justice Leage. 

Yeah, I feel terrible for the Snyder family, I hope everything gets better soon for them. Also yeah, Joss Whedon is going to have the honor of working on the two most recognizable Superhero groups in the world. Oddly enough, I think Joss Whedon enjoys working with DC more than Mavel because he actually had history with DC prior to making Avengers. He was supposed to make a Wonder Woman movie before it fell through and he was going to make something else as well but I forgot what. Now he is in talks of directing the Batgirl movie and he is now taking over for Justice League. Also as he stated in a interview, Warner Brothers lets the director do whatever they want which could lead to success like Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy or failures like Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin.

In other news however, I don't like at all how DC is building up their lineup. It honestly feels bad, disconnected and frankly, like they don't give a shit. Yes Im a Marvel fan, but I do love DC and want them to succed. When Marvel announces their lineup they mostly stick to it, their Phase 3 has had some delays because of the Spidey deal and Inhumans is cancelled. However DC throws out movie announcements like nothing. Apperently theres Batman, Man of Steel 2, Gotham City Sirens, Justice League Dark, Black Adam, Nightwing and a Batgirl movie in production, all without a release date. And Flash got moved indefinitely because of the director leaving. Honestly it feels like they don't have a plan at all as of right now. And there are now 13 months without a new release because of it, while Marvel has 3 new movies in between. Ofcouse they should take their time, but it feels like their planning is horrible right now and it worries me a whole ton. 

Gotham City Sirens, Justice League Dark, Black Adam, Nightwing and Batgirl don't have official dates yet nor scripts at the moment. Right now it is the same schedule that I posted in the first page except about the Flash being pushed back.

aOne5jM.jpg

Though you just reminded me of an issue I have with how the movies are being handled, like with Black Adam. Why is Black Adam getting his own movie? I know Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson said he wants a movie about his character Black Adam but I don't see how that can work and apparently it is supposed to happen before the Shazam movie. Which by the way, who the fuck is playing Shazam? I haven't heard anyone casted as Shazam, you know what? If The Rock wants his own superhero movie, he should be Shazam instead of Black Adam, I would personally love that and he would be alright with it as well since he gets his wish of having his own superhero movie.

Edited by TheVader66

That's the problem with playing catch up so recklessly, they pretty much have their movies in the wrong order. I'm sure they'll succeed in the end, but DC suffers from a incredibly bad start because of the way they are handling things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 2:56 AM, TheVader66 said:

@MarsipanRumpan @Arkthur @starcrunch061 @Yukizm69 @GJ4E- @feral611 @RabbiAndy @Crzy Minus

Okay a lot has happened relating to the DC Cinematic Universe, so let's get started.

Here is a few source on this

First: http://screencrush.com/early-reviews-call-wonder-woman-the-best-dc-universe-movie-yet/

Second: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/19/wonder-woman-first-reactions-twitter-roundup

Third: https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2017/05/19/wonder-woman-first-reactions/22099223/

Man. I'm glad that Zack Snyder is stepping down, but wow - I hate that it had to be under those circumstances. As much as I hate his directorial style, I can't imagine the anguish of losing a daughter (I have two myself). My heart really goes out to him.

Here is more news about the upcoming film Justice League, Joss Whedon has brought on Danny Elfman (who composed music for Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns as well as Sam Raimi's Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2) who is set to replace Junkie XL (who composed Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Mad Max: Fury Road and Deadpool) as Music Composer for Justice League. Both Joss Wheadon and Danny Elfman have worked together before on Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Also, there is a new DC Comics Logo intro that plays during the Wonder Woman Movie and it is reminiscent of the Justice League Animated Series.

On 5/25/2017 at 5:40 PM, Arkthur said:

That's the problem with playing catch up so recklessly, they pretty much have their movies in the wrong order. I'm sure they'll succeed in the end, but DC suffers from a incredibly bad start because of the way they are handling things.

I agree, they should have done the Aquaman, Cyborg and the Flash Movies before doing Justice League. Though in all honesty, I don't like Cyborg as a member of the Justice League. He is more of Titan member alongside Nightwing and Starfire. They should have had John Stewart/Green Lantern like in the Justice League Animated Series.

On 6/10/2017 at 9:19 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Man. I'm glad that Zack Snyder is stepping down, but wow - I hate that it had to be under those circumstances. As much as I hate his directorial style, I can't imagine the anguish of losing a daughter (I have two myself). My heart really goes out to him.

Yeah it sucks that he lost his daughter. I hope him and his family will alright through this difficult time.

Edited by TheVader66

His daughter started a charity organization when she was like 15 or 16. When I was at that age, I was watching cat videos.

Personally, I've liked most of Zack Snyder's movies. I can see why his style is not for everyone, since he doesn't play it safe like MCU and tries to push the medium of film (as James Cameron noticed when he named Snyder among his favourite film directors). BvS turned out to be unexpected for me. It was a layered film, full of politics, Godhood and Christ imagery and spoke about the traumas of human society. I still enjoyed it, even the Theatrical Cut, but it is the Ultimate Cut I endorse as the true version of Batman v. Superman. I'd give the movie 9/10 or 9.5, penalizing because I felt Clark/Kal-El needed one more scene.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

His daughter started a charity organization when she was like 15 or 16. When I was at that age, I was watching cat videos.

Personally, I've liked most of Zack Snyder's movies. I can see why his style is not for everyone, since he doesn't play it safe like MCU and tries to push the medium of film (as James Cameron noticed when he named Snyder among his favourite film directors). BvS turned out to be unexpected for me. It was a layered film, full of politics, Godhood and Christ imagery and spoke about the traumas of human society. I still enjoyed it, even the Theatrical Cut, but it is the Ultimate Cut I endorse as the true version of Batman v. Superman. I'd give the movie 9.5/10, penalizing 0.5 because I felt Clark/Kal-El needed one more scene.

I personally loved both Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad. Though I do see the major flaws of Suicide Squad's plot, I just don't take it as seriously but I never understood why people got angry with Batman hesitating to kill Superman when he said "Martha" since that is canonically Batman's weakness in the comics, when his parents coffins are stolen in Tower of Babel storyline. Batman goes insane and gets distracted while looking for them which leads Ra's al Ghul to use each of the Justice League member's weakness against them

Though as you said, I respect other people not liking them. Like I can see why people don't like Batman breaking his golden rule of "No Killing" and Superman being moody. The only DCEU film I didn't like was Man of Steel mostly for the ending with Zod because that family could have easily moved away from Zod's Heat Vision and also how Superman's dad died. 

Edited by TheVader66