Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

Bujingai: The Forsaken City (seriously...do this...this game would probably top most action/hack n slash games I've played for PS3.)

Defender (I loved this game lol.)

DDR Max (won't happen)

DDR Max 2 (won't happen)

DDR Extreme (won't happen)

Dynasty Warriors 3-5 (not likely but would give me insurmountable pleasure  :devil: )

Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel

Fullmetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir

Guitar Hero (won't happen)

Guitar Hero 2 (won't happen)

Need for Speed Underground 2

Need for Speed Carbon

Samurai Warriors 1-2 (I never got to play 2 T_T  )

Wild Arms 3 (all the Wild Arms games for that matter. Keep the turn based system too) <--looks like wishes do come true.

Looking at this list I'm surprised I forgot this game.
1400091329_tyjj.jpg

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

Persona 3

Crash games

Castlevania games

Resident Evil 4 and veronica X (We need plats capcom)

Dirge of Cerbrus Final Fantasy 7

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4

Though I had a PS2 for a while I was mostly a gamecube kid so I can't think in any other game

Edited by Gil_Godlike

Persona 3

Crash games

Castlevania games

Resident Evil 4 and veronica X (We need plats capcom)

Dirge of Cerbrus Final Fantasy 7

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4

Though I had a PS2 for a while I was mostly a gamecube kid so I can't think in any other game

RE4 is actually confirmed to be coming at the end of the year as a remaster made by capcom so it isn't a part of sony's ps2 emulation, let's hope it has a plat this time!

you should search for top 10 ps2 videos if you want to find out about more games that might interest you, the console had some of the best catalogue and to this day is one of the best selling consoles of all time for a reason.

• Like 1

RE4 is actually confirmed to be coming at the end of the year as a remaster made by capcom so it isn't a part of sony's ps2 emulation, let's hope it has a plat this time!

you should search for top 10 ps2 videos if you want to find out about more games that might interest you, the console had some of the best catalogue and to this day is one of the best selling consoles of all time for a reason.

Really??!!! wow I didn't know about the RE4 remake that`s good news ...thanks for the info, right now I'm tempted to try valkyria chronicles I’ve heard only good things about that game

Really??!!! wow I didn't know about the RE4 remake that`s good news ...thanks for the info, right now I'm tempted to try valkyria chronicles I’ve heard only good things about that game

yes capcom released a trailer about it some months ago, RE6 has already been remastered for ps4, then they will release RE5 remastered and nearly at the end of the year they will release RE4 remastered: 

all of this as part of the 20th anniversary of the franchise.

they are all remasters, not "remakes", remaster and remake are two completely different things. RE2 is the one getting a remake.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

Pretty much ANYTHING from Nordic Games.

what ps2 games did nordic games developed? none according to wikipedia.

-Metal Arms

-Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

-Star Wars Battlefront II

-Armored Core 2

-RTX Red Rock

-Xenosaga

More than likely none of these will come over to the PS4, but hey a guy can dream right? :D

never say never, i never thought they would re-release rare/unpopular/underrated ps2 games like kinetica, okage, mark of kri, war of the monsters, etc and they did. :)

i'm hoping for shattered memories too! it was too fun to play and i would love to unlock trophies/platinum while playing it, and talking about silent hill i would love to see all the silent hill games from the ps2 era on ps4 with a platinum!  :wub:

Edited by smellslikejavier

never say never, i never thought they would re-release rare/unpopular/underrated ps2 games like kinetica, okage, mark of kri, war of the monsters, etc and they did. :)

i'm hoping for shattered memories too! it was too fun to play and i would love to unlock trophies/platinum while playing it, and talking about silent hill i would love to see all the silent hill games from the ps2 era on ps4 with a platinum!  :wub:

Good point there, I never would've dreamed that I would've seen kinetica on PS4 let alone the other PS2 titles so far. I guess there is hope but I just wish there was a way we could know what games have a chance of coming to PS4, like a list or vote or something.

Oh yeah that'd be great! I personally think PS2/1 were the best silent hills. I've started playing silent hill HD on PS3 a week ago and it's really making me want an HD remastered version on PS4.

Good point there, I never would've dreamed that I would've seen kinetica on PS4 let alone the other PS2 titles so far. I guess there is hope but I just wish there was a way we could know what games have a chance of coming to PS4, like a list or vote or something.

Oh yeah that'd be great! I personally think PS2/1 were the best silent hills. I've started playing silent hill HD on PS3 a week ago and it's really making me want an HD remastered version on PS4.

One thing though, all of those "unpopular" games that smellslikejavier mentioned were originally published by Sony, which means that since they haven't done a deal with too many external companies (except Rockstar and a few others) to re-release some of their games then they were forced to release games that were published by them (Sony) first.

This will change once Sony starts to make deals with other companies (hopefully they might be doing it right now) so we can have PS2 games from Konami, Capcom, Square Enix, Tecmo, etc (just to give some examples).

Dave Thach (a Sony employee) asked fans some months ago which PS2 games we want to see on PS4, and he said we should use the hashtag #ps2ps4 on Twitter so they could read our feedback and then make deals and ports of the most requested ones. Now I don't know which ones were the most requested and don't know if Sony is still paying attention to the hashtag but you can give it a try if you want, and copy and paste the link of this thread so they can see our wishes too  :)

I would love to see the whole Silent Hill franchise on PS4 too, specially all the PS2 titles (still haven't played Origins, and really want to). Too bad the HD Collection from last gen was so poorly made and it only included 2 games, hopefully we'll get the original PS2 versions on PS4 soon.

what ps2 games did nordic games developed? none according to wikipedia.

Well, by that I meant the ones Nordic Games has the rights after THQ's demise.

.HACK//G.U.Vol.1.//REBIRTH

.HACK//G.U.Vol.2.//REMINISCE

.HACK//G.U.Vol.3//REDEMPTION

.HACK//INFECTION

.HACK//MUTATION

.HACK//OUTBREAK

.HACK//QUARANTINE

AR TONELICO: MELODY OF ELEMIA

AR TONELICO II: MELODY OF METAFALICA
ARC THE LAD: END OF DARKNESS

ATELIER IRIS 1: ETERNAL MANA

ATELIER IRIS 2: THE AZOTH OF DESTINY

ATELIER IRIS 3: GRAND PHANTASM

BALDUR'S GATE: DARK ALLIANCE

BALDUR'S GATE: DARK ALLIANCE II

BARD'S TALE, THE

BAROQUE

BREATH OF FIRE: DRAGON QUARTER

CASTLEVANIA: CURSE OF DARKNESS

CHAMPIONS OF NORRATH: REALMS OF EVERQUEST

CHAMPIONS: RETURN TO ARMS

CHAOS LEGION

CONTRA: SHATTERED SOLDIER

DIRGE OF CERBERUS: FINAL FANTASY VII

DRAKENGARD

DRAKENGARD 2

DUAL HEARTS

EPHEMERAL PHANTASIA

EVERGRACE

FUTURE TACTICS: THE UPRISING

GAUNTLET: DARK LEGACY

GAUNTLET: SEVEN SORROWS

GLADIUS

GOD HAND

GRANDIA EXTREME

GRANDIA II

GRANDIA III

GRIMGRIMOIRE

GROWLANSER GENERATIONS

GROWLANSER: HERITAGE OF WAR

HEROES OF MIGHT AND MAGIC: QUEST FOR THE DRAGON BONE STAFF

JADE COCOON 2

KILLER 7

LEGAIA 2: DUEL SAGA

MAGNA CARTA: TEARS OF BLOOD

MAKAI KINGDOM: CHRONICLES OF THE SACRED TOME

MAKEN SHAO

MANA KHEMIA 2: FALL OF ALCHEMY

MANA KHEMIA: ALCHEMISTS OF AL-REVIS

MARVEL SUPER HERO SQUAD

MS SAGA: A NEW DAWN

NEO CONTRA

NIGHTMARE OF DRUAGA, THE: FUSHIGINO DUNGEON

PHANTOM BRAVE

RADIATA STORIES

REZ

SHADOW HEARTS

SHADOW HEARTS: COVENANT

SHADOW OF MEMORIES

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI: DEVIL SUMMONER - RAIDOU KUZUNOHA VS. KING ABADDON

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI: DEVIL SUMMONER - RAIDOU KUZUNOHA VS. THE SOULESS ARMY

SHINING FORCE EXA

SHINING FORCE NEO

SHINING TEARS

SHINOBI

SOUL NOMAD & THE WORLD EATERS

STAR OCEAN: TILL THE END OF TIME

STEAMBOT CHRONICLES

STELLA DEUS: THE GATE TO ETERNITY

SUIKODEN III

SUIKODEN IV

SUIKODEN TACTICS

SUIKODEN V

SWORD OF ETHERIA, THE

TALES OF LEGENDIA

TALES OF THE ABYSS

UNLIMITED SAGA

VALKYRIE PROFILE 2: SILMERIA

WILD ARMS 4

WILD ARMS 5

WILD ARMS ALTER CODE: F

WIZARDRY: TALE OF THE FORSAKEN LAND

XENOSAGA EPISODE I: DER WILLE ZUR MACHT

XENOSAGA EPISODE II: JENSEITS VON GUT UND BÖSE

XENOSAGA EPISODE III: ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA

YS: THE ARK OF NAPISHTIM

• Like 1

Shadow Hearts. I was never big on Covenant, but the original is probably in my top three favorite games...ever.

As for others...

- Chulip

- Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

- Tales of Legendia

- Mana Khemia

- Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

- Haunting Ground

- Rule of Rose

• Like 1

I have a feeling Sony isn't going to release any of the PS2 games they remastered last gen (considering a PS2-PS4 version would be worse) so that cuts out most of their more popular games. Though there is still Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank left which they could do, also Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier.

I have a feeling Sony isn't going to release any of the PS2 games they remastered last gen (considering a PS2-PS4 version would be worse) so that cuts out most of their more popular games. Though there is still Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank left which they could do, also Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier.

Probably, but since we're talking about Sony I get the feeling we'll see them sooner or later. It's a perfect opportunity to keep earning money of their popular franchises once again in their most popular console of this generation, and it's also a great opportunity given the great success of the recent Ratchet and Clank reboot and the upcoming release of the spiritual successor of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus: The Last Guardian.

Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits

The Bouncer

Bully

Onimusha

Shadow Hearts

Zone of the Enders

Arc the Lad and Bully are already available on the PS4 PS Store with trophies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

Arc the Lad trophy list: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4210-Arc-the-Lad-Twilight-of-the-Spirits

Bully trophy list: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4475-Bully

Keep in mind that in some territories like Europe Bully is known as Canis Canem Edit, and Arc the Lad is known as Arc: Twilight of the Spirits. Both of their names are written like that on the European PS Store.

Edited by Finozzi1696