Thoughts on Trophies?

Kishnabe

Like the trophy images.

Looks straight forward.

Has anyone played the PC version....are there any difficult ones in there....

120 days to reach Boesgard....how hard is that trophy?

According to it, you can reach the destination in 102 days at best, so you're allowed to rest a bit, but not overdo it.

Just reached Boesgard on my first play-through. I'm not hard-core trophy hunting yet, though I'm sharing the kills around in order to get some of the class kill ones. I realised early on that this is going to need at least 3 play-throughs, maybe more, as there's a balance to be reached between haste and rest and supplies. Rest too much and you'll miss Forced March and maybe Quartermaster. Don't rest enough and you'll miss High Spirits. Skip too much and you'll miss Warmonger. I haven't read the linked guide on Steam as I could do without the spoilers but I've determined you'll miss at least one, if not two of these trophies while trying to meet requirements for the others.

hmmm.. so... requires at least 2 runs? I am assuming the reach Boesgard in 120 days is doable in normal mode run...

as TC said... pretty much straight forward... hope it is not grindy...

I reached Boesgard in 148 days on my first casual play-through, but this was because I realised I couldn't achieve both Quartermaster and High Spirits in my run and chose to rest a heap in order to keep spirits up after running out of food once between towns.

• 2 months later...

Yeah it will take at least 3 playthroughs. Maybe even a little bit more. Like 3&1/2 or something. But regardless it's a very fun game. I'm playing on normal and I think I'm near the end in chapter 3 (longest chapter so far). I'm going for master tactician and warmonger on this playthrough. I'm gonna go normal, easy and then hard. It's a damn fine game though. I will enjoy my time with it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just about to chapter 6 on my third play through on Hard.  I will likely need most of a 4th for the Master Tactician trophy.  Word of advice when going for this trophy - focus on leveling up the characters you start with in Skogr as not only do you have to dedicate resources and plan your battle strategy around getting 6 characters up to max level, making sure you have 6 characters at max level together prior to chapter 7 can be a challenge depending on how events play out for you (and I don't think you can access the training tent in chapter 7).  My first playthrough was blind and I earned most of the bronze trophies, but the rest of the trophies have been pretty straightforward with two runs designated to earning a specific group of trophies.

That being said, I would have never played through The Banner Saga three times if I didn't love it and if the trophies weren't fun to earn.  Hopefully we'll see The Banner Saga 2 come to consoles a bit quicker than it took for the first.

• 4 months later...

Good character options to lvl for the final imo.

Rook is a no brainer. You start with him and hé doubles as range and mêlée with à good ability.

Characters with high armor combo well with thé mender since you cant heal back hp but thé mender can mend armor. And thé enemies damage their own armor when hitting thé varls whitch have some of thé highest armor lvls.

Alette is also à good choice but youll loose either rook or her at thé second half of thé ending boss.

I got à good use of thé skystriker class too since her ability cancels enemy actions when they trigger thé trap. I usually left space between my two high armor varls with thé trap in thé way and hit them with rooks ability hitting with everyone except thé mender afterwards.

Thé warhawk is à good option if you need à heavy hitter. They have very high hp and thus dmg potential which goes hand in hand with their cleave ability. You can often kill if not otherwise mostly disable two or three slingers in 1 action with some placement luck. And thé warhawk you get in chapter 1 will follow thé whole game if get choose correctly in 1 event.

By thé way not killing thé mobs is key in the first half of end boss making thé boss and regen longer to activite back.