2016 MP Trophies for Killzone 2

Macross_Mark-1

I would like 1000+ times if possible. Thank you very much for this and for taking the time to offer the current status of KZ2. It will give us plat seekers the heads up of what to expect. Added to bookmarks!

Cheers.

Just a question: Is it confirmed that the online rankings can be achieved with just 2 persons? Or do I still need 4 at least?

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

Only 2 people or accounts are needed.

I failed to mention that this game is very old. I would highly suggest getting the trophies ASAP.. I'm amazed the servers are still running. the game is 1 month shy of being 7 years old. while I was playing all week I was hoping the servers wouldn't go silent.

also I found the trophies don't "pop" in order sometimes. my psn profile says I earned a few on jan 3rd at 8 pm.. however they didn't pop on my ps3 till 2 days later at 10 pm. one last thing is I had a friend that was in the top 1% one week but the trophy for him did not pop.. I made sure I was online when the weekly stats reset and it did not pop until I signed out and signed back into MP. if your going to do all that work make sure you can be online at weekly reset which is sun 7 pm est. I am unsure if he was online during the reset to collect the trophy.

Thanks!! and your welcome :D

Edited by Macross_Mark-1
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

hello guys.

I Just want to confirm that the online trophies are still achievable, as I have just finished earning Valor Grand Cross. two more online trophies and then the plat!!!!

So other threads have stated that the servers do not save data. this is still very true. I'm going to share with you my tricks I've come up with to help your stats save more often. Before I figured out the tricks I was saving roughly one out of every four games.... or sometimes one out of every five games. with the tricks I was saving stats every three out of four games.

I was using 2 ps3 and 2 copies of the game, however I'm sure if you are doing it with a friend everything will apply.

1. Do not be a host in the game if you are the one wanting to save your stats. the host saves stats half as often as other players, if at all.. I played as host on my dummy account and for 2 days did not receive one stat update on server.

2. when the match counter reaches 20 seconds stop killing and just let the timer run out with all players alive.(unconfirmed) but I have had better luck with stats saving while following this.

3. The host should leave the xp screen asap. This might give the other players a better chance at saving their stats. (unconfirmed)

4. the player that is host and exits then goes to the friend statistic page and keeps refreshing the page until they see a change in server stats, at that point its safe for the player with updated stats to leave the match. anything longer then five minutes means the stats are not going to get saved.

5. Between EVERY match exit the multiplayer screen disconnecting you from the server. then re-enter the warzone to re-log into the multiplayer server. I think this is the most effective tip.

6. I've had mixed results trying to earn ribbons while grinding points... I decided to just grind for points and do ribbons later... seemed to save more stats this way.

My stats were #1 rank with 11584 points. my dummy account was ranked 1489 with 56 points so for valor grand cross you have to be top 15, or "1%". you will have no idea what rank you are till the week is over. and my guess is theirs 1600 to 1700 players still playing. so you best have a score of at least 9000 to be on the safe side. 

My game setup was:

Body count only, with 50 kills.

my rank range - no.

10 min game on your favorite map. mine was salamun market.(the spawn points are close for fast camp and kill)

2 players or 4 if you have friends. I kept mine with a password.

spectator - no.

enemies on radar - on

friendly fire - on.

ai bots - off.

Ranked match on.

faction balancing on.

As for the ribbon grinding im going to do it in one shot without logging out of Multiplayer.

That's it, hope it helps!

Happy trophy hunting!!!

Question - since this is one of the very few games on my profile that I do not have a platinum in...

How many hours would it take to get 10000 points for the week, doing a 2 player/2PS3 self boost?

Edited by diskdocx

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You don't need 10000 xp. You need 4000xp to be safe, I know this because I got this trophy last year when the game was more active then it is now..and my score was 3700xp. I played for about 10 hours that week so it's not as daunting as it seems. In terms of making sure your xp saves, what I did was regularly checked the online leaderboards on the website to make sure points were getting saved and then i'd hop on and play.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I would like to share my experience from last night!

I played with couple of friends and we didn`t leave the match lobby entire time while we were playing, just switching turns for kills. After approx 5 hours I had in-game ranking system telling me that I have 1045 points so I was thinking - cool, this is nice pace and maybe I have a chance in getting these online trophies after all.

But then I left the lobby or multiplayer menu, and I was on the screen where rankings and statistics are - and I ONLY could check via friend statistics feature (other leaderboards were not giving any info at all)...bottom line I got meager 488 points out of my playtime!

Very disappointing, I doubt that I can reach 1% in this week with such behavior of the servers...I`ll try tonight again, this time with leaving the lobby after each game, and see what I can get that way...but so far, not a good start!

To anyone out there who is maybe still thinking or having a tough time to decide and attempt to tackle these online trophies, I just want to say that it is still possible and very doable!

My run at this consisted out of 4 days (or better to say nights) of playing, for about 5-6 hours, with breaks included. So I was not able to play every day regularly which means that if you have whole 7-day week at your disposal - you have a comfortable time to get it done!

This morning when I logged into warzone and trophies started popping out, I was very thrilled to see `em! By the in-game leaderboards ranking, for the last week I was placed on 13th spot - so lucky 13 for me xD and I got all 4 Valor trophies.

And I had 3643 points, collected for that 4 day effort.....I lost around 60% of points earned due to no-save server behavior, so prepare yourself for that. Be persistent and good luck!!!  :awesome:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

You want faction balancing OFF so that you can stack multiple accounts on one team and get more kills. 

FYI beach head map is best, put the alts on ISA team for one spawn point,

Use turbo controller on X, rinse and repeat. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

5 hours ago, homleshobo said:

Beach head literally has a bunker they spawn in right next to you.....

Firstly, you have to run past a turret to get into the bunker. Secondly, half the time they spawn in the other building where you have to go up and downstairs constantly. It’s your choice but I get literally double the xp when I play on tharsis depot. 

9 hours ago, turpinator1986 said:

Firstly, you have to run past a turret to get into the bunker. Secondly, half the time they spawn in the other building where you have to go up and downstairs constantly. It’s your choice but I get literally double the xp when I play on tharsis depot. 

In beach head you can go into the ISA base by entering on the left side.  Run past a turret, and after that you're behind the enemy base and can move around freely and collect ammo from bodies etc.

These other maps always seem to limit your spot and angles to shoot from, and you can't run to the bodies to get ammo or do melee attacks.  That means you're heavily restricted in terms of even getting near them.

If you're done the game then great, but really, if you're self boosting or using alts, beach head is much easier. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

9 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

In beach head you can go into the ISA base by entering on the left side.  Run past a turret, and after that you're behind the enemy base and can move around freely and collect ammo from bodies etc.

These other maps always seem to limit your spot and angles to shoot from, and you can't run to the bodies to get ammo or do melee attacks.  That means you're heavily restricted in terms of even getting near them.

If you're done the game then great, but really, if you're self boosting or using alts, beach head is much easier. 

i guess its different for everybody play style then cause im boosting with two alts. on beach head i get 100xp per 10 minute match, on tharsis depot i get 300xp per 10 minute match

Edited by turpinator1986