A look back at the community events of 2015. Which one was your favorite?

xZoneHunter

I heard that some dude named Parker just gives away money to random people, seems like a pretty cool cat to me...  :lol:

Parker

I chose not to include giveaways since they'd topple all the other community events :P Who doesn't like free stuff??

But don't worry, parker, i'm certain everyone on PSNP knows how cool of a dude you are ;)

EDIT: Added it as a special mention, because you guys deserve all the credit you can get for being awesome!

Edited by Zone Hunter

My favourite one are the Song Votes, I have all the trophies for it and Dave has given a bunch of prizes to a lot of people from this community! Personally I got a copy of The Last of US and 1 year premium ;)

Other than that I only participated in the Trophy Hunters League and that was loads of fun as well, I have great memories and funny moments from there!

Edit:nearly forgot about We Play BioShock infinite, pretty well organized by superbuu3

Edited by Raitandrul

I've created about 6 events and participated in quite a few:

1. Ys: Memories of Celceta
  2. Freedom Wars
  3. SO4 Epic Quest
  4. Numerous Song Votes
  5. A lot of Project Platinums
  6. International Day of Non-Violence
  7. Halloween
  8. Disney & Ninjas
  9. Platinum Rain Day
  10. Trophy Hunter League
  11. 2nd Annual League of Trophy Hunters Holiday Special!
  12. PS3 - Nominations
  13. PSVITA - Nominations
  14. Year End Awards 2015
  15. A-Z Platinum Club (though it seems the OP isn't being updated anymore)

The most fun ones were Trophy Hunters League, Plat Rain Day, and Star Ocean's Epic Quest.

Did i forget to include your favorite event of the year? Don't hesitate to let me know!

You missed the We Play Freedom Wars.

I really enjoyed the Platinum Rain day event, I think it made everyone that participated a little more motivated than usual. I can't wait to do it again this year!

The new wildly popular Project Platinum events have been a huge hit as everyone can see from the forum activity. I think everyone enjoys participating in those because you are not only motivated to get those shiny plats, but you get to participate in the Project Platinum forums and be apart of those leaderboards.

Here is to a bunch of awesome new events for 2016!!

*pokes the 'alfabet' near the end of the first post*

Participated in:

A-Z Platinum Club

damon's Pier Solar event

Dr_Mayus' Year End Awards

Event Day: Battle Like A Scurvy Pirate!

Event Day: Disney & Ninjas

Event Day: Halloween

Event Day: International Day of Non-Violence

Mission 100%

New Year's Eve Platinum Event

Platinum Rain Days

Project Platinum topics

We Play Okami

We Play BioShock

We Play BioShock Infinite

Followed/voted on:

Song Vote

The Lottery topics

I enjoyed all of the events I participated in or followed, but I'd probably have to go with either the Platinum Rain Days or We Play BioShock (sorry, fellow Okami & Infinite players) as the ones I had the most fun with purely participating in.

My two Project Platinum topics have also been fun projects, though nobody else knows just how long it took to pick out those actual game quotes (Some I had to struggle with for hours, then some like Tales from the Borderlands had way too many good ones to choose from) for the category names (inspired by the Grim Fandango trophy list) :/ The overall PP thing is also going well enough so far, though it's not without its arguments, delays, "jump the gun" moments, and (on behalf of some users) weird lack of respect for which games people have picked for their PPs (my personal favourite is still the user who came to my Point-and-Click PP, told me to add certain games, and to then add him with a rank based on those newly added games).

I think maybe Signature of the Month should be included too?  Even though it's in the media section, I'd say it still classified as a community event :)

That's true, and i thought about adding but didn't since it wasn't in the Community event section. Regardless i'll add it as a special mention.

*pokes the 'alfabet' near the end of the first post*

Ups. Ah well it sounds the same anyway :P 

Definitely all of the Signatures of the Month, I actually won a good few of them this year.  I quite liked the 2015 grand tournament too since I came close to winning that and it was something different from the usual SotM.

Also, the main reason is why we don't have SotM in the new community section is because we feel like it does better in the Studio section, most people we get competing in it or voting in it has an interest in graphics if they are likely to look at the Studio in the first place.  And it helps keep that section of the forum alive. lol

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1