Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

It's a debated subject, but the first guide linked to on the site's trophy guide says it does. The second one, however, says it doesn't. So there might be a possibility, but it's not confirmed. Even which specific lines count for the trophy aren't 100% confirmed.

I'm just going to play it safe & assume it doesn't. I got a list of most of the lines, so I'm just going to mark them off as a hear them (hopefully getting it on the first playthrough).

• Like 1

I'm just going to play it safe & assume it doesn't. I got a list of most of the lines, so I'm just going to mark them off as a hear them (hopefully getting it on the first playthrough).

I think it's best to play it safe.  The first guide, while quite thorough, has some misinformation and inconsistencies.  For example it lists all of the weakness lines that are spoken but not in text and counts them toward the total, but also says in the intro that lines without text don't count.  I think it also overemphasizes the importance of being underleveled to an extent.  There are a number of missable lines from strong foes, so I would definitely recommend being somewhat underleveled to pick up some of them, but it's not as important as the guide implies.  

I'm following a structure similar to the second guide, where I just write down every line I get into different categories.  Currently at 125/250 before swapping my roster, getting weakness scan, most conditions, and grinding 2/3/4 down/defeated lines, so I should be set without trying too hard.  If I don't have the trophy by the end of the game, then I can go back and figure out what I'm missing.

Semi-important note is that ambush/preemptive lines don't trigger on strong enemies.  They have to be normal or weaker than you for the lines to pop.  I only mention this, because some people say these lines pop much less frequently after you get weakness scan, so it may be good to grab these before leveling the social link.

Last note: if you follow the max social link guide, it gives you a good opportunity to get lines with Risette's social link at level 1, so you don't have to worry about adjusting that schedule.  As mentioned above, it also walks you through all books with notes about the triggers that can make some of them missable. It also has you cook five perfect meals for that trophy and is very lenient on NG+ if you maxed out your stats on the first playthrough.

• Like 2

I think it also overemphasizes the importance of being underleveled to an extent.  There are a number of missable lines from strong foes, so I would definitely recommend being somewhat underleveled to pick up some of them, but it's not as important as the guide implies.  

See, that's the main thing I'm worried about. I've been trying to go through at a fairly low level, I was able to beat the first dungeon at around level 10 (thanks to a fusion mistake that gave me a nice persona for the final fight), but I just tried to take on the final boss in the second dungeon at level 15... that didn't work out so well, so I think I need to get to at least level 20 for now. :P

See, that's the main thing I'm worried about. I've been trying to go through at a fairly low level, I was able to beat the first dungeon at around level 10 (thanks to a fusion mistake that gave me a nice persona for the final fight), but I just tried to take on the final boss in the second dungeon at level 15... that didn't work out so well, so I think I need to get to at least level 20 for now. :P

Yeah, it may be tough to stay underleveled in the first playthrough.  In NG+ you can customize the difficulty and use overpowered equipment to give you the edge (as well as reduce XP gains).  Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at the second guide, I only spotted maybe 5 lines that are dependent on fighting enemies stronger than you.

Edited by Komrade_Konrad

I Plat the game twice. 1st time I was able to get HRF on 1st playthrough right at the beginning of the final boss.

Second time I got HRF on second playthrough at December dungeon.

Hmm... actually paying attention to everything Rise says & making sure it's marked off is more tedious than I thought it'd be. work-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862526

At the beginning, yeah it can be a bit of work, but after a bit, you'll probably know right away if you've heard a given line or not.  Writing it down manually may also help with remembering which have been done.  Are you marking things off in different categories or a single list? I have separate pages for each character, immunities/weaknesses, pre-emptive/ambush, lines for numbers of enemies, and 'other'.  It never takes me too long to scan the categories for the line, but if you have a giant list, I can imagine it would take a while.  Maybe you found a better master list than I did when I was looking, but mine was missing a number of lines, and that threw me off.  That's one of the reasons why I decided to write everything down myself. Also, I found creating my own list to be easier in the beginning because everything is new and you can just write it down without having to scan a long list.  Checking them off of a premade list may be easier later on though.

That's why I didn't bother doing it. Just regularly switch your party and you shouldn't have too many problems.

For sure, I don't think it's necessary, but it's the kind of thing that will personally bother me if I don't know where my progress on it is.  That coupled with other people struggling to get the trophy makes it an easy decision for me to keep track, so I can know where to look for lines at the end.

Would anyone be interested in my final list of lines when HRF pops? It's all handwritten so I wouldn't bother typing it up if no one is interested, but if it would be helpful for someone, I'd consider it.

Are you marking things off in different categories or a single list? I have separate pages for each character, immunities/weaknesses, pre-emptive/ambush, lines for numbers of enemies, and 'other'.

For sure, I don't think it's necessary, but it's the kind of thing that will personally bother me if I don't know where my progress on it is.  That coupled with other people struggling to get the trophy makes it an easy decision for me to keep track, so I can know where to look for lines at the end.

I'm using a list from one of the faqs from Gamefaqs by KADFC, it's sorted by multiple categories, so it is a little messy. :P It'll get easier once the list starts getting smaller though.

Yeah, I have to know where I am with this type of stuff, if I just play randomly without marking stuff off, it seems like it takes 10x longer. xD

I think it's best to play it safe.

I've decided to do that. If I get the trophy early, I get it early, but either way it's going to be a struggle.

I plan on getting Hardcore Risette sometime this year. I've already did a to-do list for this game; I have only four trophies including HRF to claim, so I plan on cracking down on the lines. I have become too distracted by MMOs and need to get back to trophy-hunting so I popped in the cart and plan on doing the dirty work. I already have the first two lines she gives when you have your first fight using her, and am in the next dungeon now, so I plan on getting all the strong enemy lines at least before I fight the next boss, as the one after that means Naoto joins... at Level 55. Yep, that'll make all enemies up to the final ones weak due to a spike in average party level so I want to get the strong enemy lines now while I have the chance.

Once I get those lines, I'll recustomize to get big EXP gains so I can get my main to Level 91 so he can fuse for the Power of Truth trophy, then I can just go through the rest of the game to get the Compulsive Reader(which I had to skip on my first play because I screwed up and didn't do things right so I had to choose between a social link event or reading a book - I plan on being a jerkwad and not helping Nanako's homework so I have more evenings to read xD) and then just go through the stupid dungeons again and do the Social Links to get the Aqua Invite for the final trophy. ;)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

I'm using a list from one of the faqs from Gamefaqs by KADFC, it's sorted by multiple categories, so it is a little messy. :P It'll get easier once the list starts getting smaller though.

Yeah, I have to know where I am with this type of stuff, if I just play randomly without marking stuff off, it seems like it takes 10x longer. xD

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxuMiuJgnwe2TXRwc3hicnY1dDQ/edit?pref=2&pli=1

I used this spreadsheet to keep track of Rise's lines both times I platted P4G.

I would like to join this event. Getting back into the game after more than a year's break. Tried to remember where I was, and I figured out why I stopped playing. I couldn't defeat a boss and couldn't miss out on a day. I think I at the 3rd or 4th dungeon.

EDIT: Defeated the Baby, which is optional, and for the life of me I can't remember why I'm where I'm at. I might just have to play the game and see where that leads, wish me luck!

Edited by Edunstar84

Well, you wouldn't know anyway =D There's like 1% chance that it actually pops on 250th written line =D

Haha well you ended up being right.  The trophy popped on line #256 :D (assuming I didn't miss or double count any).  I ONLY wrote down lines that happen in battle with the text in the top left corner (which excludes the boss fight lines which appear in the center of the screen).  Based on this, I think it's safe to say that the following don't count for HRF:

Previous playthroughs - If the boss fight lines from the last couple dungeons count (which other people have said they do) then HRF should have popped earlier on this run, not to mention other lines that I probably didn't get this run.

Dialogue out of battle - There are a bunch of Rise lines that get said out of battle (finding stairs, shadows, etc.).  If these counted, then it should have popped earlier for me since I probably had 10 or more by the end.

Weakness lines without text - I know this has been debunked for a while, but thought I'd throw in that lines from scanning that don't show text don't count.

A few other tips:

Get pre-emptive/ambush lines while Rise is at S. Link 0 or 1 - These lines become less likely to trigger once she gets weakness scan.  Strong enemies will NOT give pre-emptive/ambush lines.  If you're following the Max S. Link guide, there is an opportunity to dungeon at S. Link 0 or 1 already in the schedule.

L-Shuffling (going in and out of analyze mode to cause Rise to drop another line) is your friend especially for ailment lines.  Some of the MC's lines won't pop through L-Shuffle though and seem to need to happen on his turn.

Staying underleveled did not seem important to me.  I only recognized a handful of lines that I triggered by being weaker than the enemy.  This number is far smaller than the pool of available lines that I knew I could still get when HRF popped.

Best of luck to everyone else working on HRF!

• Like 2

Get pre-emptive/ambush lines while Rise is at S. Link 0 or 1 - These lines become less likely to trigger once she gets weakness scan.  Strong enemies will NOT give pre-emptive/ambush lines.  If you're following the Max S. Link guide, there is an opportunity to dungeon at S. Link 0 or 1 already in the schedule.

Staying underleveled did not seem important to me.  I only recognized a handful of lines that I triggered by being weaker than the enemy.  This number is far smaller than the pool of available lines that I knew I could still get when HRF popped.

My S. Link is around 4 or 5 I think, I did get some of the pre-emptive/ambush lines though. But I know I missed at least 3 (there's still a chance I can get them, right?):

• There's one enemy! You get a free hit!
  • One enemy! Take your free hit!
  • Yikes, an ambush!? There are two enemies!

As for the level thing, if we're only counting the lines that show in the corner, I think there's only like 4 or 5? I already got those too, so I shouldn't have to worry about that now (I probably could've got by playing on easy). xD But if that's the case, why is this trophy considered "highly missable"? I don't think missing 5 lines would lock you out of it. :hmm:

My S. Link is around 4 or 5 I think, I did get some of the pre-emptive/ambush lines though. But I know I missed at least 3 (there's still a chance I can get them, right?):

• There's one enemy! You get a free hit!
  • One enemy! Take your free hit!
  • Yikes, an ambush!? There are two enemies!

As for the level thing, if we're only counting the lines that show in the corner, I think there's only like 4 or 5? I already got those too, so I shouldn't have to worry about that now (I probably could've got by playing on easy). xD But if that's the case, why is this trophy considered "highly missable"? I don't think missing 5 lines would lock you out of it. :hmm:

Yes, you can definitely still get them.  I know I specifically got at least one of the three lines you listed at S. Link 6, but they just aren't as common.  I wouldn't worry about getting all of them, but it is a nice source of easy lines at S. Link 0/1.

I think the advice to stay underleveled came from when people thought the spoken weakness/immune lines counted (which are different for weak/same/strong enemies).  This is why you have people saying that you'll miss ~40 lines if you're overleveled, but I don't think the lines they're referring to actually count.  I stayed in a level range where I could find weak/same/strong enemies between the different dungeons until it popped, but aside from a couple lines, I don't think it really made a difference.

I think the reason it's considered "highly missable" is due to the above misconception and the fact that there's no checklist for lines in game. I wouldn't say it's missable (as Satoshi pointed out previously, you can get it when overleveled), but it can definitely be considered a grindy/difficult/frustrating trophy especially with so little solid information.

• Like 1

Yes, you can definitely still get them.  I know I specifically got at least one of the three lines you listed at S. Link 6, but they just aren't as common.  I wouldn't worry about getting all of them, but it is a nice source of easy lines at S. Link 0/1.

I think the advice to stay underleveled came from when people thought the spoken weakness/immune lines counted (which are different for weak/same/strong enemies).  This is why you have people saying that you'll miss ~40 lines if you're overleveled, but I don't think the lines they're referring to actually count.  I stayed in a level range where I could find weak/same/strong enemies between the different dungeons until it popped, but aside from a couple lines, I don't think it really made a difference.

Cool, thanks. ^_^

Yeah, I remember reading the missable 40 lines thing, that's one of the things that was confusing me, I actually wasted some time getting the "strong" elemental weakness/strengths lines too. :facepalm:

Okay, thanks to everyone about HRF and debunking the whole theory about needing to be underleveled to get the big Shadows because the analysis lines(the ones voiced but not shown) don't count. I will definitely get to working a bit on this tomorrow and power-grinding through Void Quest. Also, don't need to worry about wasting Wind Balls(or whatever those smoke bomb items are called) as I don't need to stay underleveled. I'll just keep track of all the Rise lines I get and hope for the best. :)

This is the only trophy stopping me from getting the second playthrough done.

>you don't know when it pops up

>you don't know exact requirements

>you can't carry it over

>you never know if the line counts or not

If this is not highly missable, what is? :D

Well, I'd only call it missable if there was enough missable lines in the game to lock you out of the trophy if you missed them. From what I've read though, that's not the case, so you could always just grind out the trophy on one of the last days where the TV World is available (even if you were max level/S.Link), right?

In the end, it just comes down to what you'd consider a missable trophy. So I wouldn't call it highly missable, just... a pain. :P

I got back into the groove of playing, however I still don't know why I left off where I last save, so I hope it's nothing too big because I plan on staying the dungeon to amass money and grind levels. The IGN guide says it is best to be level 45 for the 5 th dungeon. I'm thinking about going for 50-55. Anyway, this will help me get reacquainted with the game before I pass anymore days.

I got back into the groove of playing, however I still don't know why I left off where I last save, so I hope it's nothing too big because I plan on staying the dungeon to amass money and grind levels. The IGN guide says it is best to be level 45 for the 5 th dungeon. I'm thinking about going for 50-55. Anyway, this will help me get reacquainted with the game before I pass anymore days.

I wouldn't be too worried about your level, I've been going through every dungeon 5-10 levels below what's recommended (on Normal). Although, that's when I thought being too strong would mess-up the Rise trophy, so I'll probably start doing a little more leveling now. :P

• Like 1

I just reached the 6th dungeon & was thinking of doing some grinding on HRF since I have all the characters now. My list might be slightly off now though, I had a power-outage this morning, so I lost some of the things I've been marking off my list, thankfully I didn't lose any game progress though (the perks of playing a portable). ^_^