Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

Quick question: When any of you go through a dungeon for the first time, do you try to clear it in one day? That's been how I've been trying to go through on my first playthrough, so I'm not spending extra days in the dungeon when I could be doing social links. Plus the guide I've been using recommends it. But is it really helpful? Sometimes it gets a bit tricky going through dungeons in one day, when I'm running out of supplies and stuff. And I don't want to feel too tied down to a guide, even though, like I've said before, I'm kind of a perfectionist about it and want to try to get as many social links and maximize my playthroughs. So I'm asking those of you who know the game better than I do.

With all that said, I really love this game! So stoked for Persona 5 (which, hopefully, comes out this year)!

During my first playthrough I took my time to complete the dungeons and went in the same dungeon on quite a few days and didn't focus on completing all S.Links but only on completing as much quests as possible. During my second playthrough I completed all dungeons in one day and spent the rest of my time focusing on S.Links, reading books, etc.

• Like 1

Quick question: When any of you go through a dungeon for the first time, do you try to clear it in one day? That's been how I've been trying to go through on my first playthrough, so I'm not spending extra days in the dungeon when I could be doing social links. Plus the guide I've been using recommends it. But is it really helpful? Sometimes it gets a bit tricky going through dungeons in one day, when I'm running out of supplies and stuff. And I don't want to feel too tied down to a guide, even though, like I've said before, I'm kind of a perfectionist about it and want to try to get as many social links and maximize my playthroughs. So I'm asking those of you who know the game better than I do.

With all that said, I really love this game! So stoked for Persona 5 (which, hopefully, comes out this year)!

Only IF you want to complete S-Links in your first playthrough. Otherwise, it's pointless to conserve days.

If you do, get Fox to high rank so you get cheaper SP healing. With that, it's a breeze.

• Like 1

During my first playthrough I took my time to complete the dungeons and went in the same dungeon on quite a few days and didn't focus on completing all S.Links but only on completing as much quests as possible. During my second playthrough I completed all dungeons in one day and spent the rest of my time focusing on S.Links, reading books, etc.

Only IF you want to complete S-Links in your first playthrough. Otherwise, it's pointless to conserve days.

If you do, get Fox to high rank so you get cheaper SP healing. With that, it's a breeze.

Thanks! I think I'll just start taking it easier on this playthough, especially considering there's a second right after. Speaking of which, S. Links don't carry over, do they? I'm pretty sure they don't, but I want to make sure.

Speaking of which, S. Links don't carry over, do they? I'm pretty sure they don't, but I want to make sure.

No, they don't. Do yourself a favour and don't bother capturing the King of the Sea fish unless you're going to max out all the S links. Your stats, personas, and most of the items carry over though.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

So I should make an update on my status so far. And reading what others here have been doing, I'm waaaay behind. I just rescued Kanji. Also got the Displaying Adaptability trophy while fighting him. Yeah, between this, working on the plat for Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, and playing SFV and MKXL, my gaming time has been stretched, but I'm working on it bit by bit. It doesn't help that I'm also a perfectionist with this game and want to get everything as good as I can on my first playthrough.  :lol:

Don't stress over it too much. I skipped two days of gaming because I was more interested in videos on Youtube and was feeling under the weather. Then I found out that I had skipped my rent and had to scurry to pay it before I got evicted. -_- That bummed me so much that I just played stuff on the computer and forgot to play games. I also have KHFM to work on as well for the Platinum Rain Day Season 2 as well as a ton of hard RPGs for that event.

And I am so busy getting through Rogue Galaxy(I even made a Let's Finish thread on that game, it's called "PS2 Classics: Let's Grind in Rogue Galaxy") that I had been a bit lax in P4G myself but now that I've platinumed Jak and Daxter on the Vita, it'll be free to continue my second year in Inaba.

No, they don't. Do yourself a favour and don't bother capturing the King of the Sea fish unless you're going to max out all the S links. Your stats, personas, and most of the items carry over though.

Only the items you need to fuse the ultimate Personas carry over. The Sea Guardian does not carry over so you have to catch it again if you want to max out the Hermit Link, but since I got Legend of Inaba, I don't need it. Actually, I got upset over missing the Moon link flag for nothing on my current playthrough. The only reason I was angry was because I was following a NG+ Links guide and went to Yukiko's Castle on the wrong day, losing a day to get an event to level up Strength.

Once I get Hyperspeed Reading, I plan on spending every night reading it and then spending my nights reading the other books. I had to forfeit the Compulsive Reader trophy because I had spent my rainy days on Social Links instead of getting those four-chapter books read so I had six four-chapter books I needed to read by February. :(

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

Update: I'm just about to go into Nanako's Dungeon. I'm more or less done with this playthrough, I maxed out all social qualities, beat the Reaper, and I'm pretty sure I will get Compulsive Reader. In the next playthrough I'll work on Hardcore Risette Fan and Legend of Inaba.  

Just finally got Rise in the party and now am working on the cruel Hardcore Risette Fan trophy. Wish me luck. ;)

Good luck. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

And thats it, Ladies and Gentlemen...

psLrbdH.jpg

I enjoyed this game on both playthroughs, which is why I did not plat it fast: I read/listened to everything again like it was all brand new. Persona 4 Golden is a very good reason to get a Vita and definitely one of the best games I have ever played.

To all of you who are still on the way to platinum, I wish you a good game.

To those who already finished... I am ready too. Come to us, Persona 5.

Congratulation on finishing P4G :yay:. You are the third person to finish P4G in this event and have been added to the Hall of Fame. I'm glad you enjoyed the game and that this event encouraged you to play and platinum it.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

An update on my playthrough so far:

I just finished Mitsuo's dungeon and got him out. And I maxed out my S. Link for Yukiko as well!

I'm not going to worry about all the S. Links right now, but I'll probably max out a few. (Hermit and most of the main characters.) Already at rank 9 with Hermit, and rank 8 with Magician.

Damn this game has it's hooks in me. Not that I'm complaining.....  :lol:

• 1 month later...

With the latest Persona 5 trailer stimulating the salivary glands of every Persona fan worldwide, I figured it was the right time to pick this back up and work toward the platinum.  Funny enough, I never realized that I had missed the actual true ending on my first playthrough, but I had a save at the very end, so it was easy enough to pick back up and finish.  I have to say, that the true ending was much more satisfying than what I had thought was originally offered and makes the story that much better.

With that out of the way (and after knocking out the quiz show), it's time to start my NG+ run for Legend of Inaba, 100% compendium, and Hardcore Risette Fan (printed out a list to check off as I go through).  I actually appreciate that it requires 2 full playthroughs to platinum because it encourages people to play if blind first, which is the best way to enjoy the series in my opinion.

A couple questions before I start my NG+ run.  I see that difficulty can be customized.  Can it be adjusted at any time or is it locked from when you start the NG+?  Also I've seen conflicting opinions on if Hardcore Risette lines carry over to NG+, but that info is also several years old.  Has there been a consensus on this since then?

A couple questions before I start my NG+ run.  I see that difficulty can be customized.  Can it be adjusted at any time or is it locked from when you start the NG+?  Also I've seen conflicting opinions on if Hardcore Risette lines carry over to NG+, but that info is also several years old.  Has there been a consensus on this since then?

Difficulty is locked.

And Risecchi lines definitely should not carry... or better said, you should not count on them carrying over.

The conflicting opinions exist because no one knows for sure =D

Difficulty is locked.

And Risecchi lines definitely should not carry... or better said, you should not count on them carrying over.

I think he meant the custom difficulty parameters introduced in Golden (damage output, damage received, exp gained, money gained...), which I think are indeed adjustable over time, from what FAQs I've seen.

Difficulty is locked.

I think he meant the custom difficulty parameters introduced in Golden (damage output, damage received, exp gained, money gained...), which I think are indeed adjustable over time, from what FAQs I've seen.

I do also believe it is adjustable during your NG+ playthrough since I think I remember myself lowering the amount of money I'd gain from battles since I just had way too much left which I'd never be using anyways  xD

Edited by LucasV9991

Oh, this difficulty. Yea, that is customizable.

I thought he was talking about the main difficulty (Normal, Hard, ...) 

Update: Up to 75% completion now, but a bit burned out after I rushed through the final act before realizing I wouldn't be able to max every social link. Agonizing, and while I of course made multiple saves to account for this should I need to backtrack, I'm still a bit crestfallen.

I'll get the rest of this...eventually. Margaret and Quiz trophies will be next, but I've tons of other games to play first.

Now that this thread has awakened from the dead due to recent Persona 5 trailers, I know I should be getting back on this game, but Digimonstory is really latched onto my leg, and I dread the whole process of Hardcore Risette Fan(I've forgotten what Rise lines I've seen already except the first two boss ones).