Suggestion - Report Option for earning online trophies after server shutdown

diskdocx

As a premium user, I realize I can report users for a couple of reasons. Presently the options, when selecting trophies to report, are limited to earning them out of order, too close together, or well before a game is released.

I stumbled across a new user just above my rank, with a clearly hacked profile. One of the games is Create - this has online trophies, so the plat is not available.

If you look at the leaderboards, there are several users who have earned the online trophies since the server shut down. This is clearly not possible, and other than a hack, I don't think there is a legit way to earn online trophies after server shutdown (I am not referring to earning the plat after the servers go dark - I realize that players may have done the online legit before the shutdown, then gone back to clean up the offline trophies after).

I think this should be added as a reporting option, unless there is a rationale for why that shouldn't be used to flag a profile?

• Like 4

Good idea. Also if Sly or whoever is responsible for handling flags could clearly point out for us how we should inform flagged users to proceed to dispute the flag, that would be great. There is a general confusion regarding what to do, some say to create a thread, majority say against it, then some suggest PMing mods and then someone says not to. What needs to be done exactly? Also, would be good if, in case the answer is given, this thread wasn't locked, so the response could be properly quoted and passed forward.

EDIT: It happened:

The part about making a thread, YES you can. Sly actually prefers a thread to be made so that he can see it. So PMing a mod wont do anything, making a thread is the way to go. You can dispute it in a thread and if Sly believes you, he will unflag. simple enough.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 3

Good idea. Also if Sly or whoever is responsible for handling flags could clearly point out for us how we should inform flagged users to proceed to dispute the flag, that would be great. There is a general confusion regarding what to do, some say to create a thread, majority say against it, then some suggest PMing mods and then someone says not to. What needs to be done exactly? Also, would be good if, in case the answer is given, this thread wasn't locked, so the response could be properly quoted and passed forward.

It should tell you after you've been flagged, as that would be a lot more helpful than essentially 'There's a Dispute button coming soon'

Edited by Akira Fox

This might answer part of it - http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/34485-ive-been-flagged-for-glitched-trophy-pls-remove-undo-it/#entry882487

In the last post of that topic Sly says "Mods cannot handle this so there's no point telling people to PM them."

I think that it should be set up to autoflag accounts that earn online trophies after server closer dates or 100% glitched trophies. I know there's already an autoflag system in place (since you can be automatically flagged for finishing games in under a certain amount of time) so I wouldn't think it would be too much of an issue to add on to that. That would also alleviate people having to deal with reporting and processing obviously hacked account that get added if they're automatically flagged for that stuff.

This might answer part of it - http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/34485-ive-been-flagged-for-glitched-trophy-pls-remove-undo-it/#entry882487

In the last post of that topic Sly says "Mods cannot handle this so there's no point telling people to PM them."

So what should be done?

• Putting a thread up: YESSSSSS.
  • PMing a mod: No.
  • Using the dispute button: No, there isn't one.
  • Crying: Yes, allowed.
  • Making a status update: shouldn't solve it and might lead to misinformation, but I never saw it being forbidden, so... Yes?

I think that it should be set up to autoflag accounts that earn online trophies after server closer dates or 100% glitched trophies. I know there's already an autoflag system in place (since you can be automatically flagged for finishing games in under a certain amount of time) so I wouldn't think it would be too much of an issue to add on to that. That would also alleviate people having to deal with reporting and processing obviously hacked account that get added if they're automatically flagged for that stuff.

Problem is the system can't know which trophies are impossible because they aren't categorized as such. There was once a suggestion to differ online trophies from offline ones, but I think it was either ditched or forever forgotten in the Oblivion.

Oblivion it was.

Edited by TheYuriG

So what should be done?

• Putting a thread up: No.
  • Making a status update: shouldn't solve it and might lead to misinformation, but I never saw it being forbidden, so... Yes?

Problem is the system can't know which trophies are impossible because they aren't categorized as such. There was once a suggestion to differ online trophies from offline ones, but I think it was either ditched or forever forgotten in the Oblivion.

lol well Sly didn't come out and say it, which would be useful as you mentioned, but I believe the best option is to send a PM to Sly when they're flagged since a mod can't do anything about it and they're not supposed to create a topic about it. A dispute button where it takes them to a form where they can make their case would be a nice option for people if that can be implemented here.

Edited by BooneIronshield

It could if Sly wanted to program that in. I know there's threads on here about it and we have one on PST as well, so it's not like the information isn't available to do it.

• Like 1

It could if Sly wanted to program that in. I know there's threads on here about it and we have one on PST as well, so it's not like the information isn't available to do it.

Yup, I've mentioned the link of the thread I said in my edit. The information is there and if you go to page 2 (I think?) there are 3 links for all the unnobtainable trophies. Even if it took community effort, we would get it done, I'm sure. It happened before when we were separating the DLC that wasn't considered DLC (Mirror's edge, Prince of Persia reboot, maybe even LBP1?) and the whole community gave hands to gather all the information. We all had a picnic together too, those three days were fun. :) Now back to my point, we wouldn't need to rely all the work and search on the staff, the members could add such info as they came. This would also work for unnobtainable trophies (as Dragon Fin Soup), which we could also go back and post when they get fixed, so we remove the 'impossible' marking of them.

So what should be done?

• Putting a thread up: No.

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/31116-can-we-get-a-tag-marking-if-game-servers-are-up-or-100-is-unattainable

Oblivion it was.

The part about making a thread, YES you can. Sly actually prefers a thread to be made so that he can see it. So PMing a mod wont do anything, making a thread is the way to go. You can dispute it in a thread and if Sly believes you, he will unflag. simple enough.

• Like 1

Nah, Sly can't just program in that they're online trophies, or, he could program the option for it to show as online trophy, but there'd need to be people to say which are online trophies and which aren't. There are even trophies that you can get in LAN, which is another complicated issue. :P In any case, this is usually done in the trophy guides. ;)

Somebody ought to make a thread explaining what you need to do if you're flagged so people can reference it when needed instead of saying "But [this mod] said that" and "I thought Sly said this". I'd do it but I'd rather not deal with another wave of smartasses armed with eyeroll smileys, saying "Yeah this ain't gonna work." One of these days, all these little bits and pieces of enforced forum policy are going to get consolidated down into one easy to find spot, and I just might have my first heart attack when it does.

Edited by damon8r351

Sly should make a new section of the forums which basically works where the community looks at disputes and decides if they hacked or not and a mod comes in and keeps the person flagged or unflags them in the end, kind of how it works now every now and then in the feedback forums :P

Edited by BlindMango