IGN's Top 25 PS3 Games

LeeMcD-

I haven't played any off the Killzones but are they universally renown PS3 titles? I have NEVER heard anyone say, "Dude, you HAVE to play Heavy Rain and Spec-Ops: The Line."

I personally think that Killzone is a pretty generic FPS, compared to say Bioshock or even Resistance 3, so I wouldn't say they are must play games on the PS3. Heavy Rain on the other hand is a masterpiece.

• Like 1

A fine list.. If you know the editors, this is pretty much what's to be expected based on their preferences.

Also for those bringing up game's highly rated, like MGS4 at 10/10, you have to understand there is no scientific equation to putting these list together. The PlayStation team at IGN consist of about 3-4 people. They sit down and discuss this. The games that make it usually boil down to what kind of gamer they are and what they prefer. It's the human element and it's all opinion. If one of us were on staff, then we would be pushing for our favorite games too, just bare in mind.

Edited by acenck

I understand that that list was complied by two people's opinions, and that they're free to pick whatever games in whatever order they desire. But I also understand that they represent a site which gave Metal Gear Solid 4 a perfect 10 out of 10. Now, in saying that, I think scoring something out of 10 is a redundant system; it's a shallow reflection of what the subject matter truly is. However, if they are going to have the scores at all, I'd appreciate consistency with the system.

In that regard, the exclusion of Metal Gear Solid 4 from the list is farcical. I won't be reaching for my torch and pitchfork with the goal of hunting Colin and Greg down, I won't even mention it again, as it really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. The last thing I'll say about the subject is merely this - You gone fucked up, guys.

mgs4 received a 10/10 from ONE guy that doesn't mean these guys have to like it, i understand alot of people like mgs4 but this is just 2 peoples opinions it doesnt really matter what they think. imo mgs4 is an 8/10 @ best.

mgs4 received a 10/10 from ONE guy that doesn't mean these guys have to like it, i understand alot of people like mgs4 but this is just 2 peoples opinions it doesnt really matter what they think. imo mgs4 is an 8/10 @ best.

Yeah, if you read my post carefully you'll see that I understand the concept of opinions. My point was that since the site uses a redundant scoring system, and the article was entitled 'IGN's Top 25 PS3,' shouldn't it be logical to say that they should base that list from the best-rated 25 PS3 games reviewed on the site? An IGN score is how they rate reviews, not 'Colin's score' or 'Greg's score.'

Moreover, I also stated that ultimately the whole list and subject is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. So with all that in mind I sincerely doubt you read my post, or at least comprehended what I wrote as you pretty much echoed my own thoughts on the matter, bar giving the game a numerical score out of ten.

• Like 1