8. Batman Arkham City

7. InFamous 2

6. Heavy Rain

5. Portal 2

4. Fallout 3

3. Mass Effect 2

2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

1. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

There are a few games on there that I don't quite agree with myself but I understand why they're there but overall I think most would agree that it's a solid list

Edited by Khal Lee

This list is a joke !!!

Here is my personal list:

25. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

24.Saint's Row: The Third

23.Demon's Souls

22.Max Payne 3

21.InFamous II

20.Mass Effect 2

19.Deus Ex: Human Revolution

18.Borderlands

17.Uncharted 3

16.Portal 2

15.Burnout Paradise

14.GTA IV

13.Bioshock

12.Batman: Arkham City

11.Fallout 3

10.Little Big Planet

09.Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

08.Skyrim

07.Infamous

06.Heavy Rain

05.Assassin's Creed

04.Red Dead Redemption

03.God of War III

02.Batman: Arkham Asylum

01.Uncharted 2

I must tell you , however that making a list of the top games in 70% personal opinion and 30% pleasing the crowd. I mean maybe the reviewer didn't like Assassin's Creed II , which I understand as well as I didn't like Metal Gear Solid 4 but I had to put it in the list because most people really enjoyed the game.

Edited by Rares2cristea

That list is way off base.. some of those Sequels named aren't better than there prequels.. and how did Demon's Souls not make the list? No Killzone either? I agree KZ3 wasn't better than number 2, but Resistance 3 was no better than Resistance FOM and that made the list pretty high. Most of the list is exclusives, but of the multiplatform games they failed to mention Deus Ex or Assassin's Creed? bah.

Can't take this list seriously without MGS4 on it, period.

Also U3 better than U2? I don't think so.

I guess I'll have to fight you then :spank: , lol. I honestly thought U3 was better and in every way, the perfect game. The best game I've played so far and definitely will NOT leave my personal top 5 of all time. And I can't take this list seriously without MGS4 either....

Anyways, I think that this list kinda sucks as there are some way better games out there than Saint's Row: The Third that is availible on PS3. And why is this list on retail?! There should be some PSN games too as this is for PS3 games. :huh:

On part they are mentioning that this is GREG MILLER and COLIN MORIARTY's list , their personal list , their own opinions. However since they post it on the IGN channel it means they are the voice of IGN and this is the list that IGN thinks that the top 25 PS3 games are. It is in many ways like the American voting system where the people (IGN staff) choose a representant(GM & CM) to vote the President.

I understand that that list was complied by two people's opinions, and that they're free to pick whatever games in whatever order they desire. But I also understand that they represent a site which gave Metal Gear Solid 4 a perfect 10 out of 10. Now, in saying that, I think scoring something out of 10 is a redundant system; it's a shallow reflection of what the subject matter truly is. However, if they are going to have the scores at all, I'd appreciate consistency with the system.

In that regard, the exclusion of Metal Gear Solid 4 from the list is farcical. I won't be reaching for my torch and pitchfork with the goal of hunting Colin and Greg down, I won't even mention it again, as it really isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. The last thing I'll say about the subject is merely this - You gone fucked up, guys.

• Like 3

I guess I'll have to fight you then :spank: , lol. I honestly thought U3 was better and in every way, the perfect game. The best game I've played so far and definitely will NOT leave my personal top 5 of all time. And I can't take this list seriously without MGS4 either....

Anyways, I think that this list kinda sucks as there are some way better games out there than Saint's Row: The Third that is availible on PS3. And why is this list on retail?! There should be some PSN games too as this is for PS3 games. :huh:

Haha, if you prefer U3 that's totally alright. They're both fine games, personally I just felt that U2 had a more interesting story and overall better pacing.

But yeah, I agree there are better PS3 games than Saint's Row. L.A. Noire is one of them. I'd also expect Demon's or Dark Souls to be on a must play PS3 games list, but I haven't played those yet, so I can't really comment.

Another IGN trolling list. I swear they make these lists on purpose to just start controversy. :hmm:

No MGS4 and Demon's Souls is a joke. I haven't played any off the Killzones but are they universally renown PS3 titles? I have NEVER heard anyone say, "Dude, you HAVE to play Heavy Rain and Spec-Ops: The Line."

No MGS4 and Demon's Souls is a joke. I haven't played any off the Killzones but are they universally renown PS3 titles? I have NEVER heard anyone say, "Dude, you HAVE to play Heavy Rain and Spec-Ops: The Line."

I personally dislike Killzone. I've played KZ1 and KZ3 and they were nothing special. Heavy Rain on the other hand was very good. I guess it depends if you like mystery/thrillers like I do though.

Edited by Deth

I agree with some people here saying that MGS4 should be included in the list, and it definitely should have been included, the fact that it was released in 2007 when the ps3 is just starting, and still can be compared to the latest games not only in graphics but on sotryline