Capcom demotes World #1 for quitting to keep his score high

StrickenBiged

So.. Instead of working on adding in the missing features of the game. They're pissing about with the leaderboards... Gee gee Capcom :facepalm:

It's not like they have the entire company working on this. Companies have departments for specific tasks. Like a team tasked with fixing bugs, a team developing modes, a team working on frame data, one for design, one for customer service, one for.... you get my point.

I don't get all the saltyness for the "incomplete" game. They've been very open with how they were going about it. I'm also missing some modes that I would have liked to have already, but moaning about it isn't going to help, they said march, I'm sure they'll follow through.

They made it crystal clear what the game has, and what is to come. If you don't think it's complete enough for you, then wait with buying it. TBH I've had loads of fun with just training and online mode so far, and it hasn't bored me yet, which is pretty rare for me for a game after 3 weeks (even in it's stripped down state).

It just depends on your perspective, and how much you like the game/franchise.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That was doubly painful to see: the leaderboard screenshots and the reminder that the Street Fighter movie with Jean Claude Van Damme exists in the historical record.

True, but that Bison was really impressive, Raúl Juliá (may rest in peace rip.gif ) made a very good work , he was him.

I'm about to buy SFV, I wanted to know a bit the situtation. How are the servers ? Has a penality system been added for who disconnect ? In SSFIV on 3DS turning of the wi-fi didn't count as a loss, which was stupid imho, how does it work here ?

Well Capcom said that now they can detect ragequitters by watching their disconnection rate between 80% and 90% and their win streak :)

So, if you want to reach Golden League quickly... just stay out of CapCop's vision xD

Or doing the slow way... become a tournament level player, studying and applying fundamentals like footsies, blockstrings, oki, etc...

Edited by rafael_martines
  • Like 1

To even imply that is an insult dude has no fucking clue how hard it is to be on those boards and it shows.

You seem very sensitive about this. Were you the demoted player? Also, I think you're greatly exaggerating how much other people quit online. Either way, Its not justifiable by virtue of everybody else allegedly doing it. That's a Lance Armstrong defense.