Capcom demotes World #1 for quitting to keep his score high

StrickenBiged

You monster! :P That was like Raul Julia's final acting role before he passed away, probably not how he'd like to be remembered. :P

I dunno. I thought he did an unhinged, megalomaniac dictator with a flair for the theatrical about as dead on as anyone could be asked to do. Not his fault the character doesn't really translate to film... or that it was a bad film.

I get that but to take his spot because of quitting something every player has done even the pros do is a shame.I think a warning should happen first at the very least.

I don't think he was the first or the only person Capcom has come down on, just the most high profile.

It's pretty obvious that this conduct is unsportsmanlike. Arguably, he'd have to be incredibly naive if he thought he'd get away with it forever. 

And as unfair as a demotion without warning is to him (if it even is unfair to him, I'm not sure it is), it's more unfair to the guy who was sat in #2 who has, presumably, played the game legit and earned that spot.

• Like 1

I dunno. I thought he did an unhinged, megalomaniac dictator with a flair for the theatrical about as dead on as anyone could be asked to do. Not his fault the character doesn't really translate to film... or that it was a bad film.

I don't think he was the first or the only person Capcom has come down on, just the most high profile.

It's pretty obvious that this conduct is unsportsmanlike. Arguably, he'd have to be incredibly naive if he thought he'd get away with it forever. 

And as unfair as a demotion without warning is to him (if it even is unfair to him, I'm not sure it is), it's more unfair to the guy who was sat in #2 who has, presumably, played the game legit and earned that spot.

Quick search shows 6 of the 7 in the pic quitting a match will be interesting to see what they do about the new number 1.

• Like 1

Garbage. Capcom isn't *one* person. They can do more than one thing at a time. If he's pissed, he's an idiot. Earn your spot legit and you'll have no reason to get demoted. He might not be pissed at all, you're the one who said he is. He should be embarrassed for getting to his rank by quitting matches about to be lost.

His spot is legit every player whos put time into an online game has quit a match for one reason or another if you say you haven't that's a lie and you're correct he might not be upset at all or for all we know that was paying his bills it was a harsh decision by capcom a warning would've worked just as well.

He got what he deserved. Instead of losing 25 league points for a loss, he lost almost all of his points for actively ruining ranked match and make the leaderboard worthless. Even if 90% of his points were earned by his skills alone the 10% he kept by rage quiting made his #1 spot on the leaderboard a falsity.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 2

His spot is legit every player whos put time into an online game has quit a match for one reason or another if you say you haven't that's a lie and you're correct he might not be upset at all or for all we know that was paying his bills it was a harsh decision by capcom a warning would've worked just as well.

I really don't care about this, but I will say the following:

if his demotion follows from quitting just a couple of matches, you have a point. I bet that's not the case, though. In fact, I would equally bet that his quits amazingly coincide with matches he's about to lose. I mean, I know that gamers love to think that everything is a vast conspiracy, but in most cases, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Edited by starcrunch061

Course i played it i have an alt ps4 for competitive games this profile is more or less a throwaway.

Unfinished? Yeah, sure. Disappointing? Not really. Street Fighter V has one the best fighting engines out there.

How do you know he hasn't received a warning? How do you know how often he quit matches compared to other contestants? Clearly Capcom didn't think his spot was legit. Clearly Capcom can see how many or how often he was quitting. Clearly Capcom knew whether or not he was warned.

Their game, their tournament, their rules. Follow them or suffer punishment. This is how private tournaments are run. Cheat + get caught = suffer + only get sympathy from ShadowStrike002's disposable account.

Agreed. All things being equal, simplest answers are best. If Capcom is handing down a punishment like this, I doubt it was done in arbitrary fashion.

How do you know he hasn't received a warning? How do you know how often he quit matches compared to other contestants? Clearly Capcom didn't think his spot was legit. Clearly Capcom can see how many or how often he was quitting. Clearly Capcom knew whether or not he was warned.

Their game, their tournament, their rules. Follow them or suffer punishment. This is how private tournaments are run. Cheat + get caught = suffer + only get sympathy from ShadowStrike002's disposable account.

He's playing pubs they have no rules nor is it a tournament and it's officially his game. Also stop calling it cheating he quit out of a match if that's cheating i guess every player has cheated.

Didn't Parker say a few days ago-

"Let's not sit here and shit on a man who can't defend himself"

Don't see why this is any different or important really. But what do I know, I'm just a seabear.

Yeah - that was kind of a dumb comment (no offense to the mod). Obviously, an inability to share an opinion about someone simply because s/he isn't present is somewhat arbitrary.

• Like 1

Why would I be disappointed if I'm satisfied with what I bought?

I guess it didn't make sense that someone would be satisfied with what s/he called "unfinished". It's not a ridiculous deduction to make.

EDIT: You don't have to answer this, BTW. I don't care what you like or don't like, outside of the clarification requested, which you just provided. I just wanted to answer your final thought here.

Edited by starcrunch061