Let's Play Catherine

TIP: I do not know if any plat achiever or anyone who has done the "Drinks" trophy has experienced the issue of drinking all liquors everyday until day 8 and instead of earning all 4 drinks trophies that day, only get the 1st liquor you drank 1st which is the Cuba Libre/Cocktail.  This happened to me on both US/JP and EU versions, some people has not experienced this bug but to be aware and avoid it (in kase it happens to you), i suggest drinking everything until "day 5" and save right away after you drink the Cuba Libre/Cocktail.  After that you kan drink the liquor you desire and get it down in day 8 and no, it doesn't work in any days above day 5... That process only if this bug is in your game and the only way to find it out is drinking everything until day 8.  

Also, you kan leave the drinks trophies after you konquer the whole Golden Playhouse with Gold trophies since you kan skip each stage after you get the Gold for it.  The bug may not appear but just in kase, i recommend doing an extra save in day 5 like i mentioned before.  

• Like 1

Honestly I thought the difficulty of Babel was vastly overrated. The only one I thought was challenging was Obelisk and that is really just due to the randomness of monster and mystery blocks otherwise that would have been pretty easy too. I personally thought getting gold prizes on Hard stages without a guide was much more difficult

That's good to hear. Hope that I agree with you when I finally start on the Babel stages. I have them unlocked but I haven't tried them yet or watched any videos so in my mind I'm expecting the worst. Guess that I'm too nervous to see what they are like so I've been putting them off for last.

Not going to lie, I've started using some guides to get some of the gold prizes on Hard. I played through the game once without a guide and got a few golds on Normal, but after that I said screw it and started watching some videos when I got stuck. Not sure that I could get the golds on Hard without a guide, some of them have been pretty tough.

Count me in. ;)

Awesome, welcome to the event :D.

TIP: I do not know if any plat achiever or anyone who has done the "Drinks" trophy has experienced the issue of drinking all liquors everyday until day 8 and instead of earning all 4 drinks trophies that day, only get the 1st liquor you drank 1st which is the Cuba Libre/Cocktail.  This happened to me on both US/JP and EU versions, some people has not experienced this bug but to be aware and avoid it (in kase it happens to you), i suggest drinking everything until "day 5" and save right away after you drink the Cuba Libre/Cocktail.  After that you kan drink the liquor you desire and get it down in day 8 and no, it doesn't work in any days above day 5... That process only if this bug is in your game and the only way to find it out is drinking everything until day 8.  

Also, you kan leave the drinks trophies after you konquer the whole Golden Playhouse with Gold trophies since you kan skip each stage after you get the Gold for it.  The bug may not appear but just in kase, i recommend doing an extra save in day 5 like i mentioned before.  

I didn't encounter this bug.

That's good to hear. Hope that I agree with you when I finally start on the Babel stages. I have them unlocked but I haven't tried them yet or watched any videos so in my mind I'm expecting the worst. Guess that I'm too nervous to see what they are like so I've been putting them off for last.

Not going to lie, I've started using some guides to get some of the gold prizes on Hard. I played through the game once without a guide and got a few golds on Normal, but after that I said screw it and started watching some videos when I got stuck. Not sure that I could get the golds on Hard without a guide, some of them have been pretty tough.

Yeah Babel mode isn't as hard as people say it is. I found Menhir the most difficult one.

I have made a determinate vow never again(after Jak 2) to try to play a game that I really do not like, and my first impression of this game is something out of really bad hentai with religious themes. I've seen a few gameplay videos and, even if I didn't mind the block-climbing mechanic of the main game, the whole slice-ofl-life stuff between the levels is not my style. However, I wish everyone who dares to conquer Babel good luck. ;)

Count me in. Its one of my chosen games for the C2 and Australian trophy hunt event so will be definitely getting it before 2017.  :)

Oh, I'm flagged, right, couldn't if I wanted to anyway 

The rules only stated hacking. It said nothing about save transferring   ;)

Edited by Gibbo_0113
  • Like 1

Enjoy the suffering, guys, it's totally worth :awesome:

I have made a determinate vow never again(after Jak 2) to try to play a game that I really do not like, and my first impression of this game is something out of really bad hentai with religious themes. I've seen a few gameplay videos and, even if I didn't mind the block-climbing mechanic of the main game, the whole slice-ofl-life stuff between the levels is not my style. However, I wish everyone who dares to conquer Babel good luck. ;)

The hell? Well... that's about as far from the truth as you can have o.O

There's literally NO hentai anywhere.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Don't want to start a debate or sidetrack the thread, but I want to point out my disagreement with a couple of polarizing terms you used. First, the game is definitely not hentai at all. If you google search the game, sure a couple of provocative images come up, but the most risque images are probably the box art and the picture during the loading screen when you start the game up. There is more nudity in any God of War game. Actually, there was none, at least in the version I played. There are a few scenes where you wake up in bed with Catherine, but it's about like anything you would see on network television, with a couple lying in bed under the sheets.

Also, I wouldn't really call the themes in the game religious. The main themes are about love, marriage, cheating, and general morality. Just wanted to say this, because those 2 terms you used could turn someone off if they are considering the game. The game is definitely unique and unlike anything I've ever played before. It might not be for everyone due to gameplay and style, but it's neither hentai nor religious in my mind. Worth playing if you are looking for something different.

• Like 4

You couldn't be more wrong.

Count me in. Its one of my chosen games for the C2 and Australian trophy hunt event so will be definitely getting it before 2017.  :)

I like to join, but I don't know if I will be able to get the game in time to join in the fun.

This game is literally in every third psn sale for 5-10$  you shouldn't have a problem with it. 

I would recommend knocking out 10-20 Rapunzel stages every day or two while you do the other stuff, it's a definite grind to finish all 128 and you might as well get started once you get a handle on the basic mechanics. 

Sign me up! Only Babel, Gold Prizes and Rapunzel left for me to do! :P

(Although I'm struggling with getting Gold Prizes even on Normal xD)

I knew that if I procrastinated enough I something would motivate me to commit.  Add me to the list please Dragon!  Soon I will see what lies beyond your great XMB tune Catherine :D

Oh my :P it seems my milestone will be rewarded even more.

Catherine is bound to be my 100th platinum, that's why she's patiently waiting on my bed.... bedroom to finally be my new star

Bring it on my bounce to god hood

a132j8.gif

You really like that image, don't you? Welcome bud :highfive:.

I won't officially join yet, but I want this platinum and this event motivates me to buy the game and go for it. I'll join once I have it and I'm further in on the platinum rain day event. My local game store also has Mugen Souls that I might be grabbing.

Ok, let me know if you want to join.

I would recommend knocking out 10-20 Rapunzel stages every day or two while you do the other stuff, it's a definite grind to finish all 128 and you might as well get started once you get a handle on the basic mechanics. 

I hated the Rapunzel puzzles. Did them all at the end and took about 9 hours while procrastinating.

• Like 2

Catherine is bound to be my 100th platinum, that's why she's patiently waiting on my bed.... bedroom to finally be my new star

a132j8.gif

Let's do this brother.

a__sc__changing_of_the_guard_by_jael_kol

Ot:

Bookmarked the guides and some youtube vids. Ready to start this one after Xcom and Helldivers.

• Like 1

I only need to complete the Hard levels for Rapunzel, gettiing the trophy related to the phone messages and the trophy for Axis Mundi (I've heard this one has a glitch that makes impossible to beat it in single player) Is it that true? If it isn't I could give it a chance... I've heard that the best way to beat Axis Mundi is doing it in pair mode.

Edited by Iris Heart

I would join this event... were it not for the fact that I platted the game almost 3 years ago :P

Catherine is nothing of the sort. From what I've seen of your post history (and, well... your profile pic and signature), you're a big Persona fan, so i definitely think you should give Catherine a try. It's by the exact same trinity that made Personas 3, 4 and 5 (same director, same character designer, same composer). Apart from the fact that it's a puzzler instead of an RPG and its themes are more mature/adult-oriented, it feels very much the same as Persona. All the great characters, interactions, style and innovative mechanics are all there. Actually, the fact that I loved Catherine so much was one of the reasons I finally gave in and tried playing Persona. And as MStalker58 said, there's no more nudity in the game than in a PG-13 rated TV show. Sure, it can be a bit erotic at times, but nothing that could be considered raunchy. It's carefully and artistically done.

Seriously, dude, do yourself a favor and try out Catherine.

• Like 3

I only need to complete the Hard levels for Rapunzel, gettiing the trophy related to the phone messages and the trophy for Axis Mundi (I've heard this one has a glitch that makes impossible to beat it in single player) Is it that true? If it isn't I could give it a chance... I've heard that the best way to beat Axis Mundi is doing it in pair mode.

The NA version does have the crazy speed glitch. But honestly, it's easier to use two controllers anyway for all the Babel stages. After one or two attempts you'll figure out how and when to switch and it won't be an issue.

Using two controllers had several benefits: 

Blocks fall slightly slower 

You have to climb roughly 50 levels less to reach the top

The patterns they throw at you are slightly easier as a whole. 

I got gold on all the normal, and many of the hard stages without guides and still struggled on Babel single player. Once I switched to two controllers it didn't take all that long to finish all 4 stages. 

• Like 2

The NA version does have the crazy speed glitch. But honestly, it's easier to use two controllers anyway for all the Babel stages. After one or two attempts you'll figure out how and when to switch and it won't be an issue.

I got gold on all the normal, and many of the hard stages without guides and still struggled on Babel single player. Once I switched to two controllers it didn't take all that long to finish all 4 stages. 

Thank you for the tip. Actually I only need to beat the last stage, I have the other ones completed. I will try the two controllers then. I have not used guides at all and the gold trophies for Hard mode weren't so bad at all, actually, I had lots of fun with them.

• Like 1

a132j8.gif

You are going to try to make it your #100th platinum? Me too, great minds must really think alike. Good luck on your climb.  :)

Finally got the gold prize on Stage 5 (Hard) after more attempts than I would like to admit. No joke, one time I was on the same level as the bell platform, all I had to do was get the last coin and jump on the finishing block, and somehow I pushed the wrong direction and went flying off the edge due to the ice.  :facepalm: That boss was starting to get really annoying. On my successful run, the boss just decided to pick up and throw away the blocks I had setup for stairs. Thought I was done for, but I was able to improvise and with some quick thinking, found a different route up.  B)

• Like 1

EU has the same glitch on Axis Mundi.

I would join this event... were it not for the fact that I platted the game almost 3 years ago :P

Catherine is nothing of the sort. From what I've seen of your post history (and, well... your profile pic and signature), you're a big Persona fan, so i definitely think you should give Catherine a try. It's by the exact same trinity that made Personas 3, 4 and 5 (same director, same character designer, same composer). Apart from the fact that it's a puzzler instead of an RPG and its themes are more mature/adult-oriented, it feels very much the same as Persona. All the great characters, interactions, style and innovative mechanics are all there. Actually, the fact that I loved Catherine so much was one of the reasons I finally gave in and tried playing Persona. And as MStalker58 said, there's no more nudity in the game than in a PG-13 rated TV show. Sure, it can be a bit erotic at times, but nothing that could be considered raunchy. It's carefully and artistically done.

Seriously, dude, do yourself a favor and try out Catherine.

I spent a lot of time listening to the Persona soundtrack at the Jukebox :lol:.

Finally got the gold prize on Stage 5 (Hard) after more attempts than I would like to admit. No joke, one time I was on the same level as the bell platform, all I had to do was get the last coin and jump on the finishing block, and somehow I pushed the wrong direction and went flying off the edge due to the ice.  :facepalm: That boss was starting to get really annoying. On my successful run, the boss just decided to pick up and throw away the blocks I had setup for stairs. Thought I was done for, but I was able to improvise and with some quick thinking, found a different route up.  B)

It's exactly that skill which will come in handy during Babel.

This game is literally in every third psn sale for 5-10$  you shouldn't have a problem with it. 

Okay, I will keep my eyes open for it, in the next few sales.