Let's Play Catherine

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I get the impression I'm not built for this game.

Or maybe the fact that ice blocks keep fucking me up.

Although, finally I have now passed the Quadrangle... after 11 attempts on the last stage.

Don't worry, the first playthrough is the hardest one in Story Mode. You'll be surprised how much better the second one will be.

1 hour ago, MStalker58 said:

I got extremely lucky and beat Obelisk on my very first attempt. I felt like a badass until I started Axis Mundi. That one took me several days and probably over 100 attempts. Just thinking about it will probably give me nightmares tonight. Good luck with them. I can't imagine trying to do those again like you are. :)

50 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Damn, and I thought beating Altar on my first try was good. :giggle: Obelisk is no joke! Luckily, I somehow pulled through on that attempt, so now all I have left is Axis Mundi. This is the one that's most likely gonna put me in my place. :P And thanks, I'm definitely gonna need some good luck to pass Axis Mundi whilst keeping my sanity. :lol: I think the first time you do these is the hardest. When going through these stages, I started remembering certain techniques to help get me through. It's still tough, but the first time doing them was even worse. :lol:

I beat Obelisk in 13 tries and Axis Mundi on the 6th try, that felt really good after spending 2 days on Altar and 3 days on Menhir.

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I beat Obelisk in 13 tries and Axis Mundi on the 6th try, that felt really good after spending 2 days on Altar and 3 days on Menhir.

Your 6th try!? Wow, that's super impressive! I wasn't counting, but I've already had maybe 15 attempts or so and I only got to around step 130. I'm gonna have to call it a night for now as I've got to be up early tomorrow, but I'll be coming back tomorrow for more. :giggle:

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

Your 6th try!? Wow, that's super impressive! I wasn't counting, but I've already had maybe 15 attempts or so and I only got to around step 130. I'm gonna have to call it a night for now as I've got to be up early tomorrow, but I'll be coming back tomorrow for more. :giggle:

Yeah, I was surprised about that myself. I like to think it was skill, but I probably lucked out on the formations. I did spent over 30 attempts on Altar and at least 60 on Menhir.

Yeah, I was surprised about that myself. I like to think it was skill, but I probably lucked out on the formations. I did spent over 30 attempts on Altar and at least 60 on Menhir.

Come now, you're clearly understating your mad skillz. :awesome: You need more than luck to get to the top of that monster. :giggle:

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Woohoo! I got me that platinum! :D I beat my previous plat time and even got in the top 50 fastest achievers. Most importantly, though, I earned my place in that hall of fame. ;) Thanks for giving me the motivation to do this. :)

Nice, congrats on platting Catherine again :yay::yay:. You must really like Ishtar to go through that hell again. 

How would you rate the Babel stages from easiest to hardest?

Nice, congrats on platting Catherine again :yay::yay:. You must really like Ishtar to go through that hell again. 

How would you rate the Babel stages from easiest to hardest?

Thanks! :D Oh yeah, definitely. I may have gone through hell, but the reward she gave me was definitely worth it. The platinum wasn't the only thing I was looking forward to. :eyebrow:

If we're going off the number of attempts it took to pass each one, it actually went in order. So Altar, Menhir, Obelisk and then Axis Mundi. Getting to the top of Axis Mundi probably took more attempts than the rest of them combined. I had a much easier time than on my first attempt at the platinum, though. I remember getting kinda frustrated as well, but that wasn't this case this time around. It was fun. :)

16 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Thanks! :D Oh yeah, definitely. I may have gone through hell, but the reward she gave me was definitely worth it. The platinum wasn't the only thing I was looking forward to. :eyebrow:

If we're going off the number of attempts it took to pass each one, it actually went in order. So Altar, Menhir, Obelisk and then Axis Mundi. Getting to the top of Axis Mundi probably took more attempts than the rest of them combined. I had a much easier time than on my first attempt at the platinum, though. I remember getting kinda frustrated as well, but that wasn't this case this time around. It was fun. :)

Can't blame you, she has that effect on people.

Nice, just the way it should be.

18 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

It was fun. :)

Masochist confirmed :| .

• 3 weeks later...

Well, sadly I didn't end up finishing Catherine in time for this event but I still wanted to say thanks for running it. This thread has kept the game in the back of my mind and I was hoping to get to it this month but I just ran out of time. Oh well. I'll still try to finish it soon. Just gotta keep climbing, right?

• Like 1

On 30-12-2016 at 11:26 AM, mekktor said:

Well, sadly I didn't end up finishing Catherine in time for this event but I still wanted to say thanks for running it. This thread has kept the game in the back of my mind and I was hoping to get to it this month but I just ran out of time. Oh well. I'll still try to finish it soon. Just gotta keep climbing, right?

On 30-12-2016 at 7:36 PM, audiopile said:

I too have not completed the challenge.  Still, very happy to have played the game.  I will one day return to try again, after I have improved my gaming skills.

Thanks for all the tips in this thread and congrats to those who have succeeded!

I'm glad to know to know this thread has been helpful. Good luck with the future attempts.

@mekktorYep, don't look down and just keep climbing.

On 30-12-2016 at 7:44 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

Hopefully I can Platinum the game soon, maybe not in time for the New Year, but by the end of 2017 definitely.

Good luck with it :D .

• 1 month later...

ALERT! For those of you who like this game(what am I saying, everyone on this thread loves the game!), play Persona 5 - they have a DLC based on this game where Morgana(the cat) looks like one of the sheep, Joker(the main character) has a costume based on Vincent, and Anna has a Catherine(the succubus) costume, sleazy and all. ^_^ There is also a Lamb Pillow accessory and the battle theme changes to one of the themes of this game. If this isn't an incentive to pick up Persona 5, I don't know what is.

[/shamelessDLCplug]

24 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

ALERT! For those of you who like this game(what am I saying, everyone on this thread loves the game!), play Persona 5 - they have a DLC based on this game where Morgana(the cat) looks like one of the sheep, Joker(the main character) has a costume based on Vincent, and Anna has a Catherine(the succubus) costume, sleazy and all. ^_^ There is also a Lamb Pillow accessory and the battle theme changes to one of the themes of this game. If this isn't an incentive to pick up Persona 5, I don't know what is.

[/shamelessDLCplug]

What did Atlus give you for promoting DLCs? :awesome:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

[/shamelessDLCplug]

Yeah this was posted on the Persona 5 thread a while back. I still think the MC from Persona 5 could've been Vincent's son based on his appearance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah this was posted on the Persona 5 thread a while back. I still think the MC from Persona 5 could've been Vincent's son based on his appearance.

I know it's technically impossible, but that would be one hell of a tie-in. Maybe after the true Katherine ending, Vincent and Katherine went back in time and had a son? That's something to consider. :P Although, what's more likely is that Catherine is a actually a prequel to Cowboy Bebop. I mean just look at the true freedom ending with all the spaceships and stuff, and there's also this to consider...

5Qi5scw.jpg 

lcNFT5Xl.jpg

They look exactly alike... DUN DUN DUN :blink:

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I know it's technically impossible, but that would be one hell of a tie-in. Maybe after the true Katherine ending, Vincent and Katherine went back in time and had a son? That's something to consider. :P Although, what's more likely is that Catherine is a actually a prequel to Cowboy Bebop. I mean just look at the true freedom ending with all the spaceships and stuff, and there's also this to consider...

They look exactly alike... DUN DUN DUN :blink:

Lol :lol: , they do look alike.

• 1 year later...

With the PS4 version being released on February 14th in Japan and somewhere in 2019 for the rest of the world, this event will be open again next Valentine's Day. There will be some changes, such as no time limit to complete the event and custom site trophies for everyone who completed this game. It doesn't matter when you've platted the game for the site trophy. There will be different trophies for the PS3 and PS4 version, and also a bonus trophy for completing both.

For more information about the PS4 version, take a look at this thread:

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

With the PS4 version being released on February 14th in Japan and somewhere in 2019 for the rest of the world, this event will be open again next Valentine's Day. The will be some changes, such as no time limit to complete the event and custom site trophies for everyone who completed this game. It doesn't matter when you've platted the game for the site trophy. There will be different trophies for the PS3 and PS4 version, and also a bonus trophy for completing both.

For more information about the PS4 version, take a look at this thread:

Hmmm, maybe the second time around... :awesome:.

Awesome, I'm totally down for doing this again. I mean I was gonna plat Full Body anyway. :lol: I'm really curious to see what the trophy list is going to be like in the new release. I have to imagine it'll be just as difficult if not more so in comparison to the original game, at least that's what I'm hoping for.

I know this probably won't get me an extras in the event, but I might even go for full stack of every Catherine trophy list. I'll have to see what I'm dealing with first before I commit to that, though. :P