Yet another easy platinum by the looks of the trophy list.

DF007gamer

Yeah, that sounds plausible. In the track editor your (best) validation time becomes the trackmaster time for that track, so it makes sense the same mechanic applies to the official tracks.

It's not plausible, it's the author's time validated in the map. It always been like that in previous Trackmania games: when you beat the author's time ("Author medal" before it becomes "Trackmaster") and it was showed NADEO as name. So the Trackmaster medals in campaign are best time set by NADEO team.

That's it ;)

PS : "All flavours" trophy unlocked, thanks :)

PPS : I'm working on remastering old maps on TMT PS4.

Already did some kind of "Smooth Life" from Defacer. Not perfect at all, as I used it to learn how to use this builder. Btw, is there any way to get the "classic builder" for PS4 ? I find it quite hard to get used to this new one :/

Also ... can't find how to force a change of camera ? (saw some comments on PC, where you need to get in classic builder, but for PS4 ?)

Just got my copy of the game I preordered, unfortunately, game box was crushed... but at least the disc is pristine. Really fun, but no way easy or fast platinum, I've been racing Trackmania since '06 or '07, made some friends back in the day, so really glad, all the charm is back, in HD. 
TBH it's a bit strange not using the arrows on keyboard but ds4, but I'll get used to it... already got few trackmaster medals ^_^ 

Most of the Trackmaster medals aren't as bad as I thought they would be. Only about 55 tracks into the Campaign and already have 31 of them. The gold medals have all been ridiculously easy up to this point as well, will have to see how much harder they are on the later tracks...

Gold medals get harder starting from Red serie.

They are "easy" to do, but require some practice or skill ;)

As an old TM player (from "no name", to Sunrise, Original, Nation, United ... and several thousands hours on TM2, Canyon mostly) I did 50 first tracks with master medal under 3 or 4 tries.

From red serie, it's more gold medal within 3 tries for Canyon and Stadium, but at least 10 tries for Valley and Lagoon, but some required me about 100 tries (especially 140 and 145 ^^)

but some required me about 100 tries (especially 140 and 145 ^^)

Wow, I don't think I tried that many times. But I do agree 130, 140, and 145 are quite tough.

Basically there is no room for error on any of those tracks.

@ LoAlexandria : There is a "new game +" for the campaign, which appears when you get 200 gold medals, and unlocked when you beat the 200 regular Trackmasters. Super Solo medals were driven by pro players, and are very close to World Records on a map. 

About Trackmaster medals times : I saw people on PlaystationTrophies.org gathering times where they have beaten the Trackmaster requirements. Gonna post the list of every Trackmaster time there, maybe I should post it here as well.

Also, I'm sorry about the overall difficulty for the last maps. I was aware of some flaws, typically the ending loop of #28 or difficulty of some maps (#178, #180, #192 for example) but I didn't have the opportunity to update the levels.

@Shadiochao : #180 is in my opinion the hardest track of the game. Glad you succeeded though.

Edited by PapyChampy
  • Like 1

@Shadiochao : #180 is in my opinion the hardest track of the game. Glad you succeeded though.

Also, I'm sorry about the overall difficulty for the last maps. I was aware of some flaws, typically the ending loop of #28 or difficulty of some maps (#178, #180, #192 for example) but I didn't have the opportunity to update the levels.

Are they likely to be updated in future, because that'd make me sad :(

Hey guys. I'm making a guide for this game. Any Platinum achiever please MP me by PSN if you want to help, give tips and modify what I wrote so far.

Hey guys. I'm making a guide for this game. Any Platinum achiever please MP me by PSN if you want to help, give tips and modify what I wrote so far.

I gotta say, the red tracks are keeping me on the edge of my seat. A huge gap in difficulty from blue. It's definitely going to be a challenge to get gold on every track.

Then better prepare your anus for the black tracks. I didnt really have any problems with the red tracks to be honest apart from 1 track. But damm those black tracks are on a whole different level. :P

About Trackmaster medals times : I saw people on PlaystationTrophies.org gathering times where they have beaten the Trackmaster requirements. Gonna post the list of every Trackmaster time there, maybe I should post it here as well.

Thanks! that would really help out as I've gone to .org to check out the list, which was mostly blank except for the white trackmaster times

Platinum owner since last night !  B)

Last gold I did was 178 ... those jumps were nightmares to me ! And the last one ... crashing on the fence with 8 seconds ahead of the gold ... (but not enough to respawn at CP !)

When you practiced every map, they aren't this hard. 180 may be one of the hardest, as you have multiple precision jump and the less margin from a perfect run to gold. But the hardest thing is to master the gameplay of valley or lagoon. The maps then, are doable ;)

Hardest to me were (without specific order) 178, 180, 175 and 190 (that jump before roller coaster ! ... with those turns way too fast, with this very weird lagoon handling xD)

@PapyChampy : You did everymap on PC with classic builder, then the game was exported to PS4 ? I saw a few blockmixing (checkpoints circling walls on a black stadium map) and camera change that require media tracker. There also is "decoration collapse" (offices that aren't on 1x1 block but 1x5 i.e.) on stadium (earlier map, there is a finish on a straigh made from "officies")

We cannot do anything of this on PS4 which is very sad. Is there any plan to allow it on console builders in future ?

Already talked about this with GanjaRider on Maniaplanet forums, but would be nice to have an answer here ^^

About camera "forced", we had an idea : You add a new tab in advanced builder (maybe a 2nd tab in decoration wheel) with "Camera Triggers". They are invisible blocks (can be placed on an existing "real block") that change camera. Like the way we have different turns, there could be different camera options :

- Force internal camera

- Force external camera

- Unforce camera (back to what user choose)

- Any camera that could be added in future (micromachine, "rat", free camera, fixed camera from one angle ...)

This would be a very nice add, and useful on consoles. But I understand that the classic mediatracker is too heavy for console (handling is a pad would be horrible) so a basic camera block working this way does not seems hard to develop, neither to use for players/mappers. :)

Edited by TheTekator

Congrats on the platinum ! 

Yeah I've built the campaign with the classic editor. And basically there is a lot of blockmixing in the campaign, although hopelly not noticeable. It was particularly useful to place signs at the correct spot on the maps. 

The "draggable blocks" (For instance some roads or tribunes in Stadium, I think it's on #152) didn't make it in the console version for a simple reason : when placed they became impossible to delete. Unfortunate bug. :/

I can't really talk about updates or what is planned for the game in the future however. 

Personally, I think that your idea about the forced cam subject a very good one. =) 

Following this logic, the "Vehicule Lights" could also be added (Example at the start of #53)

To anyone that has platinum on the games how hard is it on a scale of 1-10. Have played a lot of trials fusion and loved it but still haven't been able to get good at the challenging levels. This interested me and the beta was pretty fun.

I don't have the platinum yet but so far i'd rate it a 9/10. I dont think it will get any harder than this.

Congrats on the platinum ! 

Yeah I've built the campaign with the classic editor. And basically there is a lot of blockmixing in the campaign, although hopelly not noticeable. It was particularly useful to place signs at the correct spot on the maps. 

The "draggable blocks" (For instance some roads or tribunes in Stadium, I think it's on #152) didn't make it in the console version for a simple reason : when placed they became impossible to delete. Unfortunate bug. :/

I can't really talk about updates or what is planned for the game in the future however. 

Personally, I think that your idea about the forced cam subject a very good one. =) 

Following this logic, the "Vehicule Lights" could also be added (Example at the start of #53)

Noticed mixing only on a few maps, maybe 5 or 6 (and basic ones, like checkpoint circling wallrides ^^) so, they do are very well done ! :) (I also read from MP forums -from Hylis post I think- that Turbo is supposed to manage blockmixing much better than MP. No blinking block as a main focus. This may help :D)

Won't ask you too much about everything else, as you will not be able to answer, but I'm glad that you did read it, and it may be considered for future updates. (I do understand you didn't said everything we talked about is going to be fixed or added ^^)

Also, I'm not a lover of night maps, so I would never had the idea of vehicule lights switches, but this would indeed be also very interresting ! (I cannot imagine how nice & hard it would be on some PMC maps ! :D)

To anyone that has platinum on the games how hard is it on a scale of 1-10. Have played a lot of trials fusion and loved it but still haven't been able to get good at the challenging levels. This interested me and the beta was pretty fun.

The hard trophy is the 200 gold medals. Everything else is under 5. (if you take away 50 trackmaster, and finishing black tracks, it may even be a 2)

But gold the 40 black tracks may be 8-9.

Not all of them are this hard, but this should help you understand how black tracks are done (and how hard they are to do without -too big- misses)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lD41uqfSak

It's far from perfect, but that show how hard black tracks are, and the amount of time you can lose to still have a gold medal. (about 5 to 8 seconds from "clean/perfect" run) (you can also find track 170 -last Canyon- on my YT channel)