Final Fantasy XV limited editions

ShadowStar83x

Ultimate edition should have been $500 and they should have made 50,000 in the first run, then do 5,000 unit runs until orders dry up. That would part fools with their money as well as curb the leaching re-sellers.

Even though FF13 launch was the entire reason I finally bought a PS3 and I was planning on waiting to get PS4 until FFXV, I'm holding off on this one. I have been avoiding all information about the game, as is usual for me when I might be interested in something. I'll decide closer to launch and when I complete more of my backlog if I'm going to jump in.

Either way, I'll just pick up regular edition and find collectors or ultimate editions long after the game has been out, as I typically do.

Ultimate edition should have been $500 and they should have made 50,000 in the first run, then do 5,000 unit runs until orders dry up. That would part fools with their money as well as curb the leaching re-sellers.

Even though FF13 launch was the entire reason I finally bought a PS3 and I was planning on waiting to get PS4 until FFXV, I'm holding off on this one. I have been avoiding all information about the game, as is usual for me when I might be interested in something. I'll decide closer to launch and when I complete more of my backlog if I'm going to jump in.

Either way, I'll just pick up regular edition and find collectors or ultimate editions long after the game has been out, as I typically do.

It really won't.  There has already been copies going up on eBay for $800-1000, they would have made profit on even that.

Anyways I preordered the CE, they still have stock on the EU Square Enix store.

It really won't.  There has already been copies going up on eBay for $800-1000, they would have made profit on even that.

Anyways I preordered the CE, they still have stock on the EU Square Enix store.

You missed the part before that.

they should have made 50,000 in the first run, then do 5,000 unit runs until orders dry up.

That would make a near infinite initial supply available from the source at the $500 price. Looks like they're selling for between $550 and $800 on ebay, assuming all the "winners" actually pay. All that money SQEX just gave to leaches.

Have to I'm a little disappointed in only 30,000 units being produced.

I'm in the UK, and I have a job - the store goes live when I'm asleep and is sold out long before I can spare the time to look at it.

I'm hoping they have the intelligence to produce more units.

Otherwise, to be honest, I just won't buy it on release.  There's no reason to if I can get the same version of the thing later for much cheaper, and probably with the digital items available for separate purchase on the store.  

Gone are the days I need to play something on release, only I would have if I could have got something like this.

Edited by LastPisTolman

I preordered the Deluxe Edition through Amazon, since I get my Prime discount. Couldn't put the $270 down for the CE, as much as I want that artbook and the soundtrack. I don't care that much for the Noctis figure. Looks cool, though. Hopefully they'll sell some of that stuff separately at some point.

I preordered my UCE from the JP SE store. I want that artbook (the soundtrack is nice too), and I like the general look of the UCE better than the deluxe.

Funny thing US SE store has no limit but the JP SE store has limit of 1 per person. Maybe that's why I was able to order the UCE even after several hours later (I hear the US SE store sold out within 1 hour?) It did take a lot of F5s though...

Edited by Raine_Evenstar

I preordered my UCE from the JP SE store. I want that artbook (the soundtrack is nice too), and I like the general look of the UCE better than the deluxe.

Funny thing US SE store has no limit but the JP SE store has limit of 1 per person. Maybe that's why I was able to order the UCE even after several hours later (I hear the US SE store sold out within 1 hour?) It did take a lot of F5s though...

The ps4 versions were sold out in 10 minutes. Surprised I managed to snag one.