Community Challenge Pack

23 hours ago, Spaz said:

Good strategies.

I may come back in a few weeks, not sure however.

I also see you got all trophies in Batman Arkham City. I want to platinum that game but the campaign and maps are putting me off of it. How difficult is the game?

Also kudos for doing those two challenges in Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor.

It's definitely frustrating, but I had fully completed the others so I was hellbent on doing this one too. 

Arkham City wasn't too bad, but I was familiar with it from playing it on the 360 too. Campaigns can be a little bit of a pain especially with modifiers, but you'll quickly learn which ones go where. There also were some occasions where I had to look up a better path (there are quite a few Youtube channels to look for help) to take for some of the Extreme Predator maps. As far as the Combat ones went, they were easy in my opinion. If you can take work with the Titans and One Armed Bandits into combos you'll have no problems getting the threshold score. 

Thanks. I haven't played that game in so long, I almost forgot about those two. The Hunt is My Mistress was definitely the harder of the two as there pretty much was no room for error. I had to farm for more points after killing everyone if I remember right. The other one was weird too because mostly everything had to be branded. Was relieved when I got those two done. 

Finally wrapped it up today.

Had more problems with Requiem than any of the others. The key thing was understanding that a Critical Strike is worth 3 points on your combo meter as long as your gague is full and you didn't burn the freebie redirect jump you get if you did use a freebie redirect jump that didn't touch an enemy you get 2 points on the dial.

So I basically followed this approach and it worked out perfectly. Strike the first enemy 3 times rapid fire then redirect jump over one of the goons attacking you this will be a critical strike and will fill your combo meter at 5. From there just strike or redirect jump over the enemy then strike. You will get the first star at 56 on the combo dial around the time the first medic arrives. From here emphasize the batclaw slam on the electrified guys and the disarm and destroy move only on guns, stun batons, and shields. When ever you do use the disarm move charge it up with batclaw slams so that all strikes you do keep going +3. The only time I did the combo takedown was on the brute that arrived and a couple of the ninjas when the number of enemies on the field were low.

Leave all pipes and baseball bats on the ground that way if the Militia Brutes arrive you can simply scoop up a bat/pipe and hit him to fill your meter then take him down in a single combo takedown (provided you have the pipe/bat still in tow) but whatever you do never pick one up to beat on the trash enemies it does too much damage for too little gain to your combo meter and the brutes will arrive well before you are at 1,050,000 points. It is for that reason I skipped the environment takedowns because if the game didn't register the move Batman would roll out and pick up a pipe and I would have to perform a move to get him to drop it which was screwing up my rotation/flow.

I was beginning to wonder if I could ever pull it off but with a little patience and perseverance it is totally doable.

Having got all community challenge trophies in 1 day here is my advice on iceberg lounge.  This trophy is disgusting.  I'll share my 16 hours of pain to hopefully make it easier for you.

The YouTube videos "easy as shit method batclaw spam" is shitty.  Batman would very frequently throw a god damn batarang instead of the batclaw and you will get hit by someone 80% of the time if the baterang is thrown.  So to save yourself screaming at your TV for hours like I was, I tweaked my approach to this trophy as follows.

My strategy was get to a quick chain of about 150 which can achieved in less than 1 minute by critical hit spamming all the mobs at the start, you will barely have to counter, you will have to deal with a charging enemy at least once or twice and don't use special combos. One of the medics may electrify one enemy before 150 so be aware to use your quick batclaw at least once.

Once you hit around 130-150 chain (depending on how fast you are) a shield and a stun baton spawns along with the medics getting aggressive on electrifying enemies.  Weapon destroy the shields and the stun batons and quick batclaw any electric enemy you see.

I generally used this method from 150 onwards:

1. Batclaw x3 (generally targets electrified enemies)
  2. Special takedown, or weapon destroy if you see a shield or stun baton

3. Aeriel jump over 2 enemies to create momentary distance to minimise chance of getting hit
  4. Continue to critical hit enemies until you see or hear electric mobs, shields, stun batons or guns
  5. Special takedown or weapon destroy if appropriate
  6. By this stage there will be 2 or 3 electric enemies by the time your done with that takedown
  7. Rinse repeat.

Once the ninjas start spawning kill them with a special takedown straight away because they will most likely hit you with a bullshit swipe and ruin your chain.  Don't worry about taking down medics.  Keep them alive as they revive your downed enemies and delay the ninjas and brutes from spawning. 

As long as you are in top of your weapon destroys the critical punch spam will not run the risk of ruining your chain and is an extremely faster and efficient way to get the chain up faster.  By the time your points hit the required 1,050,000 your first brute spawns and you won't have to deal with them at all.

Good luck this one was a pain in the ass.

Edited by Nednrb

• 3 weeks later...

About the Requiem for a killer trophy.I don't know what i'm doing wrong.I start with critical hits and around 80x combo i'm seeing shield and baton guys.From that point i'm using disarm on them,batclaw slam on electrified enemies and some times a critical punch.I'm also using redirect and searching for weapon guys to disarm.At 250x combo brutes start to spawn.The closest i got was 800.000 points and i've been fighting brutes (normal and armored) for around 150.000 points.Their spawning is triggered by time or defeated enemies?

EDIT. Finally i got it and completed the game.For some reason in my last run,the first brute spawn when i had 1 million points so i had room to breathe.I actually scored 1.3 million.I didn't use a single combo takedown till the first brute arrived.No enviromental takedowns either.Just disarm and destroy and batclaw slam

Edited by sephiroth4424

• 3 months later...

Finally decided I will come back and finish off these community challenges in the next week or two. Hopefully they won't take longer than that.

On 2/2/2017 at 11:37 PM, D347H7124P said:

Thanks. I haven't played that game in so long, I almost forgot about those two. The Hunt is My Mistress was definitely the harder of the two as there pretty much was no room for error. I had to farm for more points after killing everyone if I remember right. The other one was weird too because mostly everything had to be branded. Was relieved when I got those two done. 

Got both done last night. Finished Test of the Ring in 49 minutes, and Test of the Wild in 32 minutes. Bit surprising considering how much people have complained about these two, but I got very lucky with the spawns and once I developed a general strategy everything fit into place.

On 2/14/2017 at 4:47 AM, Nednrb said:

Having got all community challenge trophies in 1 day here is my advice on iceberg lounge.  This trophy is disgusting.  I'll share my 16 hours of pain to hopefully make it easier for you.

The YouTube videos "easy as shit method batclaw spam" is shitty.  Batman would very frequently throw a god damn batarang instead of the batclaw and you will get hit by someone 80% of the time if the baterang is thrown.  So to save yourself screaming at your TV for hours like I was, I tweaked my approach to this trophy as follows.

My strategy was get to a quick chain of about 150 which can achieved in less than 1 minute by critical hit spamming all the mobs at the start, you will barely have to counter, you will have to deal with a charging enemy at least once or twice and don't use special combos. One of the medics may electrify one enemy before 150 so be aware to use your quick batclaw at least once.

Once you hit around 130-150 chain (depending on how fast you are) a shield and a stun baton spawns along with the medics getting aggressive on electrifying enemies.  Weapon destroy the shields and the stun batons and quick batclaw any electric enemy you see.

I generally used this method from 150 onwards:

1. Batclaw x3 (generally targets electrified enemies)
  2. Special takedown, or weapon destroy if you see a shield or stun baton

3. Aeriel jump over 2 enemies to create momentary distance to minimise chance of getting hit
  4. Continue to critical hit enemies until you see or hear electric mobs, shields, stun batons or guns
  5. Special takedown or weapon destroy if appropriate
  6. By this stage there will be 2 or 3 electric enemies by the time your done with that takedown
  7. Rinse repeat.

Once the ninjas start spawning kill them with a special takedown straight away because they will most likely hit you with a bullshit swipe and ruin your chain.  Don't worry about taking down medics.  Keep them alive as they revive your downed enemies and delay the ninjas and brutes from spawning. 

As long as you are in top of your weapon destroys the critical punch spam will not run the risk of ruining your chain and is an extremely faster and efficient way to get the chain up faster.  By the time your points hit the required 1,050,000 your first brute spawns and you won't have to deal with them at all.

Good luck this one was a pain in the ass.

I have to say man, after 16 hours of trying I would be frustrated as fuck and scream at my TV too. That must of been a huge sigh of relief and a big cheer when you finally got that trophy.

Yeah that's what I've seen in most Youtube videos. They disarm the shields, batons and guns and keep the medics alive. Though with my luck being inconsistent I will probably have to fight a brute or two, which are a serious pain when paired with ninjas.

40 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Though with my luck being inconsistent I will probably have to fight a brute or two, which are a serious pain when paired with ninjas.

Since i spent more time with all challenges after completing the trophies (it's a shame they didn't put trophies with 3-staring everything with every character) i believe that the brutes spawning is timed.When i got the trophy they showed up before reaching 20 rival points (and in all my tries before that).But now that i'm more aggressive i can get to Croc without them showing up.So i guess you shouldn't abuse redirecting and keep punching the thugs for critical hits

Edited by sephiroth4424

43 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Finally decided I will come back and finish off these community challenges in the next week or two. Hopefully they won't take longer than that.

Got both done last night. Finished Test of the Ring in 49 minutes, and Test of the Wild in 32 minutes. Bit surprising considering how much people have complained about these two, but I got very lucky with the spawns and once I developed a general strategy everything fit into place.

I have to say man, after 16 hours of trying I would be frustrated as fuck and scream at my TV too. That must of been a huge sigh of relief and a big cheer when you finally got that trophy.

Yeah that's what I've seen in most Youtube videos. They disarm the shields, batons and guns and keep the medics alive. Though with my luck being inconsistent I will probably have to fight a brute or two, which are a serious pain when paired with ninjas.

To be honest man, that strategy you mentioned in the video is what I used despite not actually watching the video lol.. I just saw that Batman is invincible whenever he batclaws unlike in Arkham city, so I spammed this and the REC for crowd control if the number of electric dudes increased faster than I can batclaw them. Also I didn't really keep the medics alive as I just kept batclawing thugs over and over randomly. Also I used some batarang in the middle and punched my way a little if the crowd got thinner to get more XP. I managed to reach killer croc without having the brutes spawning. Good luck man! The honestly my only screw ups were from the dude who charge at you. Just be careful of those guys.

51 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Fucking hate Crime Alley.

It's like you think you got it but you don't. Got to spend several hours "mastering" the area. 

It's a hard map if you try to go for a perfect freeflow.But you don't need that,so abuse evading and throwing batarangs (or shurikens)

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Fucking hate Crime Alley.

It's like you think you got it but you don't. Got to spend several hours "mastering" the area. 

You finished Curtain Falls. That's the hardest one in my opinion by a long mile. You got this.

7 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

It's a hard map if you try to go for a perfect freeflow.But you don't need that,so abuse evading and throwing batarangs (or shurikens)

I'd be perfectly okay if it had more room to maneuver in. I usually freeze blast the brutes so I can focus on the other guys.

7 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

You finished Curtain Falls. That's the hardest one in my opinion by a long mile. You got this.

I have to disagree. 

Monarch Theater has more enemies, but you don't have ninjas, militia brutes taking more than one special takedown or medics electrifying enemies. The difficult part is keeping perfect freeflow but you have plenty of room to evade and redirect so you have plenty of time to think what to do next.

While Crime Alley has less enemies, they are tougher in my opinion. Ninjas hit me off screen, brutes attack quickly, electrified enemies catch me off guard, etc. It sucks. Robin's setup is very frustrating because he is my in view the weakest character due to his slow attacks. Nightwing is faster and Batman has more moves. If you beat Crime Alley with Robin you pretty much got it in the bag. 

Iceberg Lounge is the toughest one in my opinion. Lots of practice to get a high combo. Still can't pull off a Blade Dodge takedown, since you have to let go of triangle after every swipe and I'm just not skilled enough to do that.

23 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Monarch Theater has more enemies, but you don't have ninjas, militia brutes taking more than one special takedown or medics electrifying enemies. The difficult part is keeping perfect freeflow but you have plenty of room to evade and redirect so you have plenty of time to think what to do next.

You can take down those brutes with one move if you use the special combo batclaw.The electrified enemies are the best thing that can happen to you because by using the batclaw you are invincible and you get a X2 for your combo which means that you need less hits to do a special takedown and get rid of the ninjas.Also when there is an electrified thug,the batclaw goes to him automatically,you don't even have to aim at him

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

You can take down those brutes with one move if you use the special combo batclaw.The electrified enemies are the best thing that can happen to you because by using the batclaw you are invincible and you get a X2 for your combo which means that you need less hits to do a special takedown and get rid of the ninjas.Also when there is an electrified thug,the batclaw goes to him automatically,you don't even have to aim at him

How does bat claw combo work?

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

How does bat claw combo work?

First of all you need to get the upgrade (i assume you have everything at this point).Then make your combo meter yellow, face the brute and hold L2 while pressing triangle.You will do a different move and takedown the brute in one hit (you grab him and throw him above you with his head striking the floor).I don't know if you can do it with Robin though (probably not).I believe that Nightwing does it.You'll probably have to work your timing to perfect it,but if you don't want to spend two regural combo takedowns for the brutes (triangle and circle),this might help you

2 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

First of all you need to get the upgrade (i assume you have everything at this point).Then make your combo meter yellow, face the brute and hold L2 while pressing triangle.You will do a different move and takedown the brute in one hit (you grab him and throw him above you with his head striking the floor).I don't know if you can do it with Robin though (probably not).I believe that Nightwing does it.You'll probably have to work your timing to perfect it,but if you don't want to spend two regural combo takedowns for the brutes (triangle and circle),this might help you

I have to look and see if I have this upgrade. I have to play New Game Plus for a while before I got a number of them because you can still have a lot to unlock if you only played the regular game.

15 hours ago, Spaz said:

I have to disagree. 

While Crime Alley has less enemies, they are tougher in my opinion. Ninjas hit me off screen, brutes attack quickly, electrified enemies catch me off guard, etc. It sucks. Robin's setup is very frustrating because he is my in view the weakest character due to his slow attacks. Nightwing is faster and Batman has more moves. If you beat Crime Alley with Robin you pretty much got it in the bag. 

Iceberg Lounge is the toughest one in my opinion. Lots of practice to get a high combo. Still can't pull off a Blade Dodge takedown, since you have to let go of triangle after every swipe and I'm just not skilled enough to do that.

I guess it's a matter of person then. I spent 11 hours on Catwoman for Monarch Theatre, but after I finished that, I did Batman/Robin/Nightwing in around 20-30 mins of attempts each. I had no trouble with Crime Alley alone, did Robin and Nightwing on roughly second attempt, but for some reason took more than I'd like to admit to on Batman, despite him being the easiest.

I never used Blade Dodge Takedown once, for the same reason as you, it's just far too unreasonable to pull off. I died once at 997k points on Iceberg Lounge, and I was tilted, but after an hour of attempts I got it down. Environmental Takedowns helped a lot for the big guys.

12 hours ago, Griffon234 said:

I guess it's a matter of person then. I spent 11 hours on Catwoman for Monarch Theatre, but after I finished that, I did Batman/Robin/Nightwing in around 20-30 mins of attempts each. I had no trouble with Crime Alley alone, did Robin and Nightwing on roughly second attempt, but for some reason took more than I'd like to admit to on Batman, despite him being the easiest.

I never used Blade Dodge Takedown once, for the same reason as you, it's just far too unreasonable to pull off. I died once at 997k points on Iceberg Lounge, and I was tilted, but after an hour of attempts I got it down. Environmental Takedowns helped a lot for the big guys.

Catwoman is the most difficult to master and hardest to complete Monarch Theater with. The others are easy in comparison.

Batman should be easy with Crime Alley but I am finding it not so much. Disarm and Destroy hasn't been as helpful as I thought it would be. I use it on the guys with guns, and while stun batons and shields can be destroyed it's the militia brutes, ninjas and electrified enemies giving me the most trouble. Disarm doesn't work with them. 

You literally have a brief split second to let go of the triangle button and hold it again to do a Blade Dodge Takedown on the ninjas. Lots of them spawn when you're close to 1,050,000 points in Iceberg Lounge. This is basically akin to what you typically see in a Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat game, fighting moves that require a lot of skill. I have to do a lot of work to pull it off and quite frankly how the fuck am I supposed to do that when I have a 200 - 300+ combo going with my nerves a little on edge? 

I'm not skilled enough. Simple as that but apparently people were good enough to do 10 - 20 Blade Dodge Takedowns in a single YouTube video.

Edited by Spaz

On 6/13/2017 at 7:20 PM, Spaz said:

I'm not skilled enough. Simple as that but apparently people were good enough to do 10 - 20 Blade Dodge Takedowns in a single YouTube video.

Yeah I never once did a Blade Dodge Takedown in a big combo. Too risky in my opinion. As soon as the ninjas come out make a point to evade as quickly as you can towards them and make sure they are the priority with your takedowns. By the time brutes come out you should have a huge combo. Remember the freeze grenade (quick throw is double tapping R2 iirc) works great at immobilizing brutes so use this to your advantage to keep going for the ninjas. Soon as ninjas are dealt with, then build up your meter to takedown the brutes. 

2 hours ago, D347H7124P said:

Yeah I never once did a Blade Dodge Takedown in a big combo. Too risky in my opinion. As soon as the ninjas come out make a point to evade as quickly as you can towards them and make sure they are the priority with your takedowns. By the time brutes come out you should have a huge combo. Remember the freeze grenade (quick throw is double tapping R2 iirc) works great at immobilizing brutes so use this to your advantage to keep going for the ninjas. Soon as ninjas are dealt with, then build up your meter to takedown the brutes. 

Got it all done Wednesday night. Took a lot of practice but finally pulled through.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2017 at 5:48 AM, Spaz said:

Got it all done Wednesday night. Took a lot of practice but finally pulled through.

Didn't see this until now, but good stuff man. I know those challenges were plaguing you for a while but you showed perseverance and bested them. 

I just got The Curtain Falls. I just need Eternal (which I hope is easier) and to finish New Game+ to 100% this game. I have 100% in all the other Arkham games; I don't think I'm good at them, I just persevere. The Community Challenge Pack is hard, it may be the hardest trophies in all the Arkham games; but they are far from being impossible. You just need to try, and try, and try again until the trophy pops.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I that bad at this game or is there something wrong with it? Whenever I try one of the three remaining trophies ( Chill in the Air, The Curtain Falls or Requiem for a Killer) I lose my shit. 

And not because it is THAT hard. I feel like I am not fighting the enemies, but Greg The Camera Man. Seriously, I just can't stand it's chaotic movement during combat. Or positioning itself so I don't see incoming attacks. Is there a hidden setting called "Turn off shitty camera" that I have by default set to FALSE? 

Am I the only one bitching about it or is there someone else having similar problems?

• 4 months later...

I have completed main game and start to try for Monarch Theatre as Robin. The hardest enemy that keep breaking my freeflow is definitely Camera because I cannot see charging enemy or shield enemy from outside of screen. At round 4, there is possibility that I will get hit mysteriously by enemy even though I jump hit jump normally. Happen to me twice. Other than that, my combos break because I end up attack shield guy instead of normal guy besides him.

After 6 hours of attempt for Monarch Theatre as Robin, I finally did it. Now for Curtain Falls I still need to play as Nightwing, Catwoman and Batman. I hope playing as those 3 are easier than Robin.

So my strategy for Round 4 monarch theatre as Robin is:

1. Quickly go to the spotlight map at the back and start the combo by environment takedown a Brute.

2. Build the combo and special combo takedown another Brute. For info, there are 2 Brutes and 4 shield thugs for Robin Round 4.

3. Jump, hit, jump combos. While you are redirect on normal thug, adjust camera view so you can ensure that there are no shield enemy near normal thug before you hit them.

4. Keep using combo takedown on any enemies during jump hit jump combos.

5. Then start to jump aerial, attack, jump on remaining shield thugs until finish.

I hope this game will not prevent me from 100% all my games in my profile. I like Batman Arkham games from Rocksteady and want to 100% the trilogy. ?

This below is my post from another thread. I thought it could be of use for anyone struggling to get these trophies done. 

I spent nearly whole day trying to beat Crime Alley as Batman without getting hit. Yes, whole day. And yes, only as Batman. I managed to pull it off in the end. Now it's time for Robin and Nightwing... While playing I think I figured out the game. Beforehand, I also came up with a certain idea, it worked for me and made the challenge easier. That said, I've come from the war and I brought a handful of tips and tricks. Here's a mini-guide:

Before I list the tips I'd like to introduce some game theory. Game is a program. Program is an algorithm. Algorithm is a list of instructions. Instructions that are written by a human. Humans are predictable. So are the algorithms created by them. Batman is one of these algorithms. I don't like to brag and I don't mean it, but I think I've worked this algorithm out. Playing for so long, observing and remembering enemy patterns (yes, remembering, in a seemingly unpredictable fight) I have made some conclusions. There are some patterns in enemies' behaviors the game does not inform us about. I present to you a great list of tips and tricks to tackle Batman Arkham Knight's community pack DLC (at least the fighting trophies).

• First off, the fucking camera. I hope that whoever made the combat camera in this game is unemployed right now. This is going to be your worst enemy. Not AI, not the level geometry, not your temporary lose of focus, not the controls. The camera is everywhere. It flies around trying to get you dizzy. I am unable to count how many times have I got hit because someone attacked me from where I couldn't see him. Fuck this camera, seriously. I was looking in the setting menu for an option called "Disable shitty camera" but couldn't find it.
  • There is something good about the camera though. It always points towards two actions being performed by enemies - Gun Load and Dash. Also, if you're quick enough you can attack an enemy armed with a gun that camera has just pointed at. Batman should ignore other enemies in his way and attack the gunner instantly. This also applies to the dashing enemies. However, I suggest vaulting over them to be on the safe side. 
  • Then there's controls. There are several moves that are useful when tackling these challenges. Block, Counter, Vault, Cape Stun, Blade Counter/Evade, Disarm and Destroy and any needed Gadget Move. I found it hard to press :square:+:triangle: simultaneously for Disarm and Destroy. I changed :circle: with :square: on my controller in Availability Setting on PS4. This made it infinitely easier to pull out the Disarm and Destroy move. It takes a while to get used to hitting with :circle: and stunning with :square:, but it pays off in the end. It should only be used when playing as Batman though. He and Azazel are only capable of executing Disarm and Destroy.
  • Disarm and Destroy is probably the most useful move in the game. It permanently removes certain weapon from the fight. When there's no armed enemies it becomes a Special Takedown. 
  • Abuse Vault. It is a move you can perform infinitely and it won't reset your combo counter AS LONG AS YOU VAULT OVER AN ENEMY. If you roll TWICE IN A ROW on the ground your combo meter is reset. Use this ability to plan your next move carefully.
  • Take advantage of your dexterity. Batman moves quicker and basically leaps from enemy to enemy when your combo counter is x5 OR ABOVE. Raising it to this number is your first objective.
  • Master the Blade Counter and Blade Evade technique. The second is a must. The first one just saves you time and eliminates one more enemy in the process.
  • Animations and Batman's movement is important for you to understand if you want to succeed. As with enemies, there is also a priority in the moves you perform. There is just one move that can be performed instantly - Parry. If you press a button for stunning you WILL NOT be able to cancel that by pressing the attack button. However, during pretty much every action's animation you can mash :triangle: if you see an enemy trying to attack you. If he started attacking you after a said animation started you are guaranteed to parry him. Be careful as it does not always work with enemies with blades and the unblockable attacks. I don't know if I squeezed my controller too hard here and there but it didn't work for me sometimes. My character was standing still and not responding to me pressing :triangle: to counter. 
  • There are some actions granting you immunity for the time they last. You cannot be attacked during these. However, for this to work they have to be performed on a specific enemy. These entail: Blade Counter or Blade Evade, Grapple-Hooking an electrified enemy, finishing an enemy, Disarm and Destroy move, vaulting a shielded enemy previously stunned using Batman's cape (STUNNING AN ENEMY WITH A CAPE NEVER GRANTS IMMUNITY).
  • If there is a medic near a standard enemy you should refrain from hitting this enemy as the medic can electrify him and instantly end your run (trust me, it happened to me at least three times).
  • The assassins are known for attacking from a certain altitude. Their attacks can take them a while to perform. However, if you see them going for a wall to try to attack you and leap in order to hit them on the back and miss then your combo meter will not be reset. Keep that in mind, but I suggest not risking it if you don't have to.

As I stated in the theory, enemies' have predictable patterns and take turns when attacking you. Some are more likely to take a swing at you first. With some observation I was able to devise an Enemies' Priority List of Taking Turns in Attacking a Guy Wearing Black Latex Suit and Looking Fancy, or EPLTTAGWBLSLF for short. The list is in order from the most to the least aggressive enemy:

1. Brutes - these bastards are the most aggressive. They are most likely to attack you first as long as they are in your nearest proximity. After you perform a move which grants you immunity for a short period of time always be ready to counter or evade their attacks as these can be surprisingly quick. However, the same brute cannot attack you multiple times in a certain period of time (THIS RULE APPLIES TO ALL KINDS OF ENEMIES). So, you know you can rest for a while if you just parried one of their attacks, but don't let your guard down as they can appear out of nowhere to land a hit in an instant. They also tend to defy physics (THIS BULLSHIT ALSO APPLIES TO MOST KINDS OF ENEMIES) as they can slide to you while performing an attack. Basically just like you, they are somehow able to cover a big distance just to hit you in a face. 
  2. Enemies with blades, katanas, swords, cleavers, scissors and other common things used for cutting - they are most likely to attack right after brutes when near you. You should master the blade countering technique to make you life easier. However, I do not recommend countering assassins as they are quick and have two different sequences of attacks (both of them have different speed and the timing needed is also different). They can effectively ruin your run. Suggestion: vault the assassins when the yellow warning icon appears above their heads.
  3. Stun baton enemies and electrified enemies - they should not be difficult to deal with. You're good as long as you don't come face first in them or their baton (wow, that sounds wrong). Use grappling strike (:l2:+:triangle:, then :square:) against the electrified enemies to debuff them. 
  4. Shielded pricks - now, these guys are annoying and can fuck up your run really easily. Surprisingly, they are pretty quick for guys carrying a heavy metal shield around. Most of the times you will be screwed when you decide to land just in front of them in a kissing distance as you will be bashed with a shield almost instantly. That's why you should look around while abusing vault and not land directly in front of them. However, they cannot bash you with a shield instantly after vaulting over them. Use it to your advantage as attacking you then will take them two instants rather then just one. 
  5. Armed villains - yes, including guns. They are almost harmless. As long as you take out the gunners first you're good.
  6. The rest of the useless, pathetic, weak swines - they just are there for you to build up your combo. 
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

I was hoping to get these last 3 trophies so I can delete the 70gbs worth off the HD but after the last attempt I really don't think I can be arsed with them at all. 

Always loved the batman games but it really is annoying how wihh every game they never fail to ensure there are some truly shitty fuck awful trophies!