Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Denvirus

How do some people have the plat in 1-3 hours?

22 posts in this topic

I was under the impression the fastest possible way to get the platinum, let alone beat the game was 10-30 hours.

 

tqS5qme.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably Co-Op the bosses with an OP as hell friend, who also drops them all the weapons and gear. Then they're pretty much there. Apart from buying some stuff, which can just use the dupe glitch for.

 

...Or because it's a PS3 game, it could be hacked :dunno:

Edited by LetsTurnJu-On
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you know the game you can beat it extremely fast. So someone most likely just dropped all weapons, and the people did a speed run of the game with fully upgraded weapons. It isn't as difficult as it sound if you have a mate with everything upgraded.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could easily beat the game with a level 50 character. I could dupe the maidens soul and drop it, along with nearly everything else you needed for plat. You could easily beat the red dragon, dupe that Soul and level up to 40. Beat the phalanx boss the co-op run it to the end, speed run style. Then I could just hand you everything for the plat. 

 

Before my old ps3 ylod, I had a level 100 character and a level 200 with everything one would need for plat on them.

 

Of course, you're completely defeating the point of playing this absolute brilliant game. It's also a super douche move to do.

 

What do you care for anyways?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the top user and they also help people with the game on this site, so it's not hacked

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can dupe souls in this game (to overpowered early) + you dont need to go to NG+ to get the souls. If you already know the game from back to front, you can easily speedrun this game. If someone you know already has the materials duped, he can dropped it for you ( no need to farm to upgrade ). Same with items, you only need to hold the items in this game for the trophy to pop, I was missing 2 rings so I asked Aexuz to dropped the rings for me. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if it wasnt hacked and just used help I would at least make the time line appear legit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget that this is the time between the first trophy popping and the plat popping. A player could set up many trophies by farming the necessary resources, levelling a certain amount, etc but not do the final step which would cause a trophy to pop. Then they speed run the steps that they need to take to actually pop trophies and create the impression of an impossibly fast run. 

 

What I'm saying is that a 1 hour plat time on this site doesn't mean that there was a 1 hour play time, necessarily. 

 

Also, MinamiKukki has the plat 3 times over, all of which are under 3 hours, so they've obviously had a lot of practice at speed-popping these plats. 

Edited by StrickenBiged
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its a legitimate business, man. it's not a hacking job.

it's possible to plat the game under 3 hours with the right badass Co op partner. could be wrong but, I believe someone have posted a YouTube video doing a platinum trophy speed run on demon souls a long time ago, guess his world record got beating by now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you care for anyways?

 

I suppose I only am curious - don't really care even if someone does hack a trophy. Doesn't affect me either way!

 

Thanks for all of the responses people, curiosity handled.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was under the impression the fastest possible way to get the platinum, let alone beat the game was 10-30 hours.

 

You message MMDE.

 

This sounds about right.

 

I've helped someone who got the platinum in less than many of the times listed in your image, and I could probably do it myself too. That's not to say that people aren't cheating too, but the platinum can be gotten very quickly if done properly.

 

What you need to do is know how to speedrun the game using all kinds of exploits. You of course can't skip any of the bosses, which is sometimes done during actual speedruns, due to the fact that you need the trophy for beating the boss. People have speedrun the game in about 45 minutes. So from there it is just adding time for additional things you need to do and add in some room for error. Let's us say 5 mins for error. 50 minutes then. You can't skip a couple of bosses, so add another 5 minutes, which gets us up to 55 minutes. You need to put a specific world into PBWT so you can kill a Primeval Demon, this is required to learn a specific spell, this adds 5 minutes more, so an hour. You also need to free the mages and learn the spells, this adds 10-15 minutes more, so we're up at an hour and 15 minutes. The only thing left is all the upgrade and weapons and ring trophies, this you get through trade. You will also need to get The Maiden in Black's Demon's Soul through trade, but this can be done through a glitch. To make the trade as quick as possible, you may want to invest a bit in the VIT stat, but honestly, you only need to pick up the weapons and you can drop 'em afterwards, so doesn't really matter if you have enough space or not, but less time spent on throwing away stuff and the chaos that comes with that (make sure you drop a different place than where you pick up!!). Herc ring helps a lot too. This will probably add another 10 minutes. So then we're up at the lowest of those platinum times, and that's it.

 

What some people also do is get the Beast's Demon's Soul after doing 1-1, and some good leveled equipment, armor, good consumable items etc through trade, which makes leveling and the game much faster and easier. This doesn't add much time to the plat, because it makes you able to get through the game easier and faster.

Edited by MMDE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, super late post but w/e.

I won't give out any big details. But it's all about prepping, not just your trade char. The prepping sequence takes me roughly 4hours everytime, before popping first trophy.
So @StrickenBiged is the one that is closest out of all replies.

The only thing that can ruin a run completely is the Primeval Demon, you actually need the soul to drop for it to show the Miracle from the trainer. And its not 100%.
Also JP version is completely broken, bad framerate, zones not loading properly, "ghost of JP" that basically pillages your items/spells randomly while you run.

Randomly had my homing soul mass disappear while i was casting it, as in disappeared from the game, run was over lol.
Having a SSD to load the game faster would be nice too, loading screens are on the same lvl as vanilla bloodborne in latria.

Edited by MinamiKukki
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2017 at 8:46 PM, MinamiKukki said:

Hello, super late post but w/e.

I won't give out any big details. But it's all about prepping, not just your trade char. The prepping sequence takes me roughly 4hours everytime, before popping first trophy.
So @StrickenBiged is the one that is closest out of all replies.

The only thing that can ruin a run completely is the Primeval Demon, you actually need the soul to drop for it to show the Miracle from the trainer. And its not 100%.
Also JP version is completely broken, bad framerate, zones not loading properly, "ghost of JP" that basically pillages your items/spells randomly while you run.

Randomly had my homing soul mass disappear while i was casting it, as in disappeared from the game, run was over lol.
Having a SSD to load the game faster would be nice too, loading screens are on the same lvl as vanilla bloodborne in latria.

 

Prepping for 4 hours??? What do you spend those 4 hours doing? I could do the game in less than 2 hours now, and I'd spend maybe 30 minutes prepping a second account.

 

Primeval Demon can't ruin a run, but it is true that it can set you back some 5 minutes if super unlucky.

 

JP version isn't completely broken... Did you install the latest patch? :S Never experienced any zones not loading properly with that version. Not worse frame rate either. While I have experienced the "ghost of JP" glitch, it's never been like what you explain here, but rather because I royally fucked with the inventory using a glitch without being a blue phantom.

 

I don't use homing soul mass. But disappear from the game?? :S Never heard of such a thing and never experienced anything like it. :S 

 

Load times are about twice as fast as vanilla bloodborne.

 

It's funny you say Stricken is the closest here, when I've literally helped people do 2 hours times before, so I know what is required. The prepping there took 15 mins...

 

Does your prepping include a downloaded save with amazing stats and all the items etc? How many co-op sessions? And don't tell me you only trade, because more is required for your times.

Edited by MMDE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a piss easy platinum. I've personally done at least a half dozen of the top 50 fastest times across the 3 game regions tracked by this site.

 

As for the '4 hour prep time' question, it's due to duping low-quality souls to level up to SL200+ so you don't have to worry about leveling after popping the first trophy. This will keep your completion time as low as possible, especially when combined with an equally over-leveled co-op partner (who will also drop equipment and boss souls).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-05-23 at 3:10 PM, MMDE said:

 

Prepping for 4 hours??? What do you spend those 4 hours doing? I could do the game in less than 2 hours now, and I'd spend maybe 30 minutes prepping a second account.

 

Primeval Demon can't ruin a run, but it is true that it can set you back some 5 minutes if super unlucky.

 

JP version isn't completely broken... Did you install the latest patch? :S Never experienced any zones not loading properly with that version. Not worse frame rate either. While I have experienced the "ghost of JP" glitch, it's never been like what you explain here, but rather because I royally fucked with the inventory using a glitch without being a blue phantom.

 

I don't use homing soul mass. But disappear from the game?? :S Never heard of such a thing and never experienced anything like it. :S 

 

Load times are about twice as fast as vanilla bloodborne.

 

It's funny you say Stricken is the closest here, when I've literally helped people do 2 hours times before, so I know what is required. The prepping there took 15 mins...

 

Does your prepping include a downloaded save with amazing stats and all the items etc? How many co-op sessions? And don't tell me you only trade, because more is required for your times.

30 minute prep, clearly youre not doing the same route as me, and ive yet to see you do a run yourself or linking any sort of proof, i won't argue if you do show that you've done a run yourself and not just 'help'. Because i have the fastest runs on PSNProfile, but if you've got a video of someone doing faster than me, then go ahead.

 

The prep could be done in 2-3h, since it's just popping souls so u can level 1-120 in one go, but im not sit and pop souls intentensely without any timeloss, since the run starts when the first trophy pops when you kill doran for like 30min straight cause he has alot of hp, and you only have some weak spells and a bunch of spices.

 

I'd record my runs if i could, but what i speculate the FPS drops being is that the game will derp if you load zones too fast. I also use a first gen ps3.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MinamiKukki said:

30 minute prep, clearly youre not doing the same route as me, and ive yet to see you do a run yourself or linking any sort of proof, i won't argue if you do show that you've done a run yourself and not just 'help'. Because i have the fastest runs on PSNProfile, but if you've got a video of someone doing faster than me, then go ahead.

 

The prep could be done in 2-3h, since it's just popping souls so u can level 1-120 in one go, but im not sit and pop souls intentensely without any timeloss, since the run starts when the first trophy pops when you kill doran for like 30min straight cause he has alot of hp, and you only have some weak spells and a bunch of spices.

 

I'd record my runs if i could, but what i speculate the FPS drops being is that the game will derp if you load zones too fast. I also use a first gen ps3.

 

The fastest times on PSNP has been removed due to being cheated, and I'm not talking about yours.

 

Doran is a quick kill if you know how. :P 

 

Ah, so you pop souls before you even do 1-1, but you may just as well get Beast's Demon's Souls co-op afterwards and then you get 200k per pop. Takes like no time at all. You don't really need to level much anyway.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

 

The fastest times on PSNP has been removed due to being cheated, and I'm not talking about yours.

 

Doran is a quick kill if you know how. :P 

 

Ah, so you pop souls before you even do 1-1, but you may just as well get Beast's Demon's Souls co-op afterwards and then you get 200k per pop. Takes like no time at all. You don't really need to level much anyway.

Just doing it for max soul mass (31) and roughly 60-70 vitality, cant remember. But its just so u can grab everything in one go. He is a quick kill, i'm just doing safestrat cause im sitting with over a million souls or smth, aka run back and shoot spells till he reaches his max range till he starts running back.

 

I could trade a beast soul, but i'm doing this all before popping a trophy and you can't even co-op without clearing 1-1

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MinamiKukki said:

Just doing it for max soul mass (31) and roughly 60-70 vitality, cant remember. But its just so u can grab everything in one go. He is a quick kill, i'm just doing safestrat cause im sitting with over a million souls or smth, aka run back and shoot spells till he reaches his max range till he starts running back.

 

I could trade a beast soul, but i'm doing this all before popping a trophy and you can't even co-op without clearing 1-1

 

You don't need 60-70 vit I think, just use herc ring, and certain stuff you get while you play through the game anyway, or can quickly pick up. (and just to be clear, I think it only needs to be like 55 or something, especially if you take into consideration that you get certain stuff as you play through the game or can pick it up etc, but whatever)

Edited by MMDE
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MMDE said:

 

You don't need 60-70 vit I think, just use herc ring, and certain stuff you get while you play through the game anyway, or can quickly pick up.

It is with herc ring in mind. You could drop items after looting the 30 kg items for example, but semi small timeloss.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the top 10 looks like now:

 

2017-08-07_22h43_45.png

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used previous savefiles on games such as the NepNep games and Star Ocean, but you can't even extract savefiles on Demon Souls. And i'm sure a mod can back me up on this statement that my Demon Souls clears are legit, since i was reported on it but they removed it.

 

So don't try to imply that i cheated on Demon Souls, cause even if i did, it doesnt matter. Since you can oneshot every single boss with Soul Mass and Hyper Mode.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.