New to site

DamagedGoods_414

Hey all. I was an xbox 360 owner until recently when my 3rd system decided to go into early retirement. I have been a playstation owner of the 1st and 2nd gen. I don't know why I decided to stick with xbox this long but I guess that was the straw that broke the camels back or in this case my own. I am a huge fan of the metal gear solid saga(still have the original games, exluding MGS4 & handheld games) as well as RPG, Action/Adventure and any game which environment is in japan(e.g. sleeping dogs). Uncharted 3 is looking real good right now. So, please don't flame me too hard for being a prevous xbox 360 owner, I know people who received alot of flak for having a ps3 in the eyes of 360 owners. I hope the feeling isn't mutual. But anyways greetings all :)

Edited by DamagedGoods_414
  • Like 1

Welcome! It took me a bit to make the switch too. I love my ps3 now, has better exclusives in my opinion (I hated gears of war...) but I keep my xbox around for that rare gem that pops up. I doubt people will give you any flak, everyone heres pretty warm and cozy, so get to know some folks and enjoy your time :)

I could find more to tease you about for being a Packers fan than flame you for being a previous xbox owner. :P

I never understood the fanboy thought process where if somebody (dis)likes something other than you do it's somehow a personal attack. I think it's a maturity issue and one you won't have to deal with here.

Anyhow, welcome to PSNP. Enjoy.

Edited by Rowdi

PSHHH, a 360 owner :o we don't need your kind here. lol

I agree with Rowdi, I am not sure why people would rag on you for owning a 360. You are welcome to own whatever gaming system you want, just because you were wrong all these years doesn't mean we should make fun of you :)

I am glad you decided to make the switch if for no other reason than it allows you to join this site and become a part of this great community. It was nice to meet you, and I hope to see you around some more.

PS. I own a 360 as well, but it is only used to play some COD with my friend who doesn't have a ps3.

I too made the jump to PS3 after several Xbox failures in the early days of this generation.

To be honest, I do still get an envious twinge when i see something like Forza, or one of the other exclusives that have never made it our way. A lot of our members own both boxes as well as some of the more retro ki., So whatever your preferred flavour is, you should find something here for you.

To echo what some of the other guys have said, this is by far the most mature minded gaming site I've been a member of. Not to say we don't have our silly moments, but overall its a tight community that is steadily growing.

Welcome to the site, enjoy it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:wave: Welcome aboard! I know several people with the ol' Xbox and if that's their flavor... more power to 'em, right? I started with a Playstation and could never get past the uncomfortable feel of the controller.

Anywho, i'm just glad to have a new PS gamer among us (especially a MS convert) :D See you around the forums!

Welcome! It took me a bit to make the switch too. I love my ps3 now, has better exclusives in my opinion (I hated gears of war...) but I keep my xbox around for that rare gem that pops up. I doubt people will give you any flak, everyone heres pretty warm and cozy, so get to know some folks and enjoy your time :)

Cozy??!!!! WTF Have you ever met me you piece of.................(JUST KIDDING JK) Anyway, DamagedGoods, really this could easily be the best behaved online site in the world. Welcome one and all and I will not give you any flack whatsoever for being a previous 360 owner. I am glad that you realized the error in your ways and came to the light! ;) Let the trophy collecting begin (just ignore the 5 minutes it takes to pop up when compared to the 360's achievments :yay: )

Cozy??!!!! WTF Have you ever met me you piece of.................(JUST KIDDING JK) Anyway, DamagedGoods, really this could easily be the best behaved online site in the world. Welcome one and all and I will not give you any flack whatsoever for being a previous 360 owner. I am glad that you realized the error in your ways and came to the light! ;) Let the trophy collecting begin (just ignore the 5 minutes it takes to pop up when compared to the 360's achievments :yay: )

Go back to having a life man! (kidding)

Ho there! Sounds like we share the love for RPGs and Action/Adventure but less so for the Packers.

Actually, I quite like the Packers but not enough to not want to beat you later this year in the NFC Championship game :shakefist:

Yours faithfully,

creamweasel

(a will-they-ever-win-it-before-I-die Eagles fan) <_<