Favourite to least favourite Uncharted games?

I would say UC4 takes that #1 slot, just edging over UC2. Least liked would be UC1, but that's probably due to the several glitches and gameplay issues they ironed out in later sequels. 

Obviously UC4 beats all in gameplay, graphics. But the story just barely edges over UC2.Admittedly, I'll have to say that Nate's concerns with his brother and his marriage was done better than UC2's "Nooo, not Chloe! But she shot you!".

• 3 weeks later...

1:U3

2:U2

3:U1

4:U4

I loved U3 multiplayer to death!

Great coop trophies like Overseer and Triumvirate.

and MP trophies like Stealth Master and Boom, Headshot!

Best game/trophies/100% ever! (imo, had so much fun)

Was looking forward to U4, but the lack of decent (challenging) MP trophies is a real disappointment!

DutchHawkHD.png

Edited by DutchHawkHD
  • Like 2

I just finished U4, and it probably slots in at No.2, although I may be placing some recency bias on it.

U3 made me feel like a badass for the entire thing, I pretty much couldn't put it down.

U4 had feels in all the right places, but couldn't really get behind the whole "Oh Drake has a brother now" thing.

U1 as the first wasn't perfect but it was exactly what I wanted out of it and the supernatural twist hit at just the right moment.

U2 just wasn't particularly memorable, and the final boss battle was weak and anticlimactic.

So U3>U4>U1>U2 for me

• 1 month later...

(Leaving out GA.)

1. Uncharted 3 (cause best one: mp, storyline, Sully and Elena at their best since U1, unlike their pathetic roles in U4, characterization, setpieces, combat)

2. Uncharted 2

3. Uncharted 1

4. Uncharted 4

Uncharted 4 created too many issues for me with the bad writing for several different things. The least interesting storyline to since U1. The storytelling was ok but Libertelia, Sam, and Elena and Sully were weak (generally scrapped the versatile cast because they wanted a TLOU version of Uncharted: no Chloe, Charlie, or new chars introduced like Tenzin, Karl Schafer, Desert Dude, etc, were). U4 felt way too much like TLOU  (in a bad way) with a more realistic approach (no supernatural, and Nate and Sam being like Joel and Ellie). Disregarding the imcomplete at launch and still imcomplete MP (U3 had sufficient MP content at launch).

I respect U4 for some additions, some of which were late/overdue (driving segments and grappling hook [remember Pre-Uncharted 1, and Uncharted 2 with their focus on grappling hook?]). Uncharted 4 also felt disconnected from the series and felt milked since char development essentially reached its peak with D/E/S clearly by end of U3, a bad plot device to get Nathan back for one last treasure adventure, and the game's existence when U3 clearly ended the series. Unlike Jak 3, Uncharted 3 didnt set up anything for future events/stories/journies/etc; no cliffhangers, sequel hooks, etc. (Even better that ND bodly lied about the trilogy being a setup for U4.) Uncharted 4's conclusion (epilogue) though was fantastic, unexpectedly, along with the ending of the campaign.. the whole legend/legacy thing.

U3 just felt like it progressed better at story and character development, and I certainly found the adventures with Nate and Sully in U3 better or more enjoyable than Nate and Sam in U4. U4 does more backstory, but it feels like a drag, which part comes from the universal abudance of platforming in U4 via gameplay sections. The grappling hook moments with Sam as a kid was funnier with Tenzin in U2 as an adult. Preteen Nate also felt like a better younger version of Nate than the U4 kid version.

Uncharted 2 isnt my favorite because some analytical videos on Youtube have helped rid some praiseworthy misconceptions I (and others still have) had with it, like falsely better narrative, when U3 indeed has the better narrative. U3 just had some boring campaign design concepts at times.

U4 had a lot of beautiful landscapes, scenary, environments (best of all of Naughty Dog games, probably not better than JnD:TPL though, at least topography wise), but im not going to praise the game on artistic aspects like that. All of the gameplay innovations were flawed in that they were late addition (grappling hook - again established pre-Uncharted 1 and in U2, yet was absent in U1, absent in U3 after U2, and then returned as a new [returned...... as a new.... core feature] in U4 - overdue driving segments since all games featured driving opportunity moments [maybe some leeaway here as U1 had jetski sections while U3 had the horseback riding towards end], and the filler climbing spike like item. Then the decision changes: too much platforming.. especially for a primarily 3rd person shooter [like past 3 games], weaker combat, unrealistic grappling hook physics (the irony) that even U2 did not ever suffer from, etc). 

Some of the general innovation that I like was the concept change of the journal, going from pre-set info to documented in real time during game-play, and being able to actually steal vehicles in convey chases, which is great gameplay progression (if right word) since this concept is an idea that was executed first in Jak, thus ND's evolutionary-link concept (22:26 -22:43)  with their franchises showing full usage of their past ideas. Even in a good and bad way, I noticed an improvement to the scriped platforming jumps mechanic. Its not onesided anymore, its a little sophisticated now.

That's a sloppy, partial (short), and vague indepth explanation on why U4, U3, and U2 are in the positions they are.