Servers down for digital copy?

The online service is shut down in US? Should I expect it to go down in EU soon? I've almost got the LBPK plat now. I only miss 1 online trophy so if not something drastically would happen I think I'll be fine. How about LBP 1 or 2 in EU then? I only got 13 % in LBP 1... So maybe I should plat it ASAP.

Edited by A-Rebirth

The online service is shut down in US? Should I expect it to go down in EU soon? I've almost got the LBPK plat now. I only miss 1 online trophy so if not something drastically would happen I think I'll be fine. How about LBP 1 or 2 in EU then? I only got 13 % in LBP 1... So maybe I should plat it ASAP.

Nah man don't panic. LBP 1,2 and 3 are fine and I don't think they will close anytime soon. I'd say the servers for LBPK are gonna be fine too. NA servers for digital are broken for some obscure reason that's it. But physical US works fine and digital EU too ( might be a little buggy though)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

someone that got online trophies yesterday confirmed he got them through the ps+ version. Damn, i'm so pissed. pretty much 99,999999% of the imternet confirmed the online protion of the digital copy wouldn't work. I don't have bad connection to the servers, I JUST CAN'T CONNECT AT ALL. I'll try connecting later today and i'll try the physical when i receive it in the mail. Hopefully one will work. There's not a single warning about all that munno jumbo on the playstationtrophies.org trophy guide.

someone that got online trophies yesterday confirmed he got them through the ps+ version. Damn, i'm so pissed. pretty much 99,999999% of the imternet confirmed the online protion of the digital copy wouldn't work. I don't have bad connection to the servers, I JUST CAN'T CONNECT AT ALL. I'll try connecting later today and i'll try the physical when i receive it in the mail. Hopefully one will work. There's not a single warning about all that munno jumbo on the playstationtrophies.org trophy guide.

Could it be a digital AND US problem? The guy was from spain using the ps+

I have the PS Plus+ version.

I just wanted to add that I also just achieved a couple of the online trophies that were warned about in the guide. I earned First Impressions (Complete a level with less than 5 playthroughs and leave a review) as I downloaded and played a track to get the Aerial Grappler trophy.

Here's the thing: the This trophy has been rendered potentially unobtainable by the Online Pass' removal from the store.

Now I already had the online pass as I added it to my account way back when the game was free. In order to access the online pass I had to go the PSN store via web browser and go through my Download List. Once I located the online pass I chose "Download to all my PS3s", then when I booted up my PS3 it downloaded and installed it automatically.

If you didn't also add the online pass to your account back when the game was on Plus+, or at some other point before it was removed from the store then you might be out of luck and have to get the physical version new.

I have the PS Plus+ version.

I just wanted to add that I also just achieved a couple of the online trophies that were warned about in the guide. I earned First Impressions (Complete a level with less than 5 playthroughs and leave a review) as I downloaded and played a track to get the Aerial Grappler trophy.

Here's the thing: the This trophy has been rendered potentially unobtainable by the Online Pass' removal from the store.

Now I already had the online pass as I added it to my account way back when the game was free. In order to access the online pass I had to go the PSN store via web browser and go through my Download List. Once I located the online pass I chose "Download to all my PS3s", then when I booted up my PS3 it downloaded and installed it automatically.

If you didn't also add the online pass to your account back when the game was on Plus+, or at some other point before it was removed from the store then you might be out of luck and have to get the physical version new.

What about digital codes sold by Amazon for example? Is it possible it came with the online pass or my only option is buying the physical version?

https://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlanet-Karting-PS3-Digital-Code/dp/B01929TROE/ref=sr_1_1_twi_sof_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467939469&sr=8-1&keywords=LittleBigPlanet+Karting

Edited by Aexuz

What about digital codes sold by Amazon for example? Is it possible it came with the online pass or my only option is buying the physical version?

https://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlanet-Karting-PS3-Digital-Code/dp/B01929TROE/ref=sr_1_1_twi_sof_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467939469&sr=8-1&keywords=LittleBigPlanet+Karting

Of that I can't be sure, because the Online Pass is a separate listing the PSN Store. Though it has been removed from the store front itself, some have reported to be able to access the Online Pass via the direct link, but this link is different depending on your store region. Check the following thread:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/38709-the-end-is-nigh-server-shutdown-on-august-31-2016/

Post #1 mentions what I think is the US (or perhaps Canada?) store link (en-ca). I can't tell because it gives me an error as I'm outside the US.

Post #95 mentions the UK store location (en-gb). This link, however, redirects me to the link below, because I'm in AU.

This is the Australian store link (en-au)

As for the other store locations, perhaps others could post their local store links to the Online Pass. I guess all you can do is se if you can access the direct store link for your region and if you can I'd say you're good to go.

• Like 1

Of that I can't be sure, because the Online Pass is a separate listing the PSN Store. Though it has been removed from the store front itself, some have reported to be able to access the Online Pass via the direct link, but this link is different depending on your store region. Check the following thread:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/38709-the-end-is-nigh-server-shutdown-on-august-31-2016/

Post #1 mentions what I think is the US (or perhaps Canada?) store link (en-ca). I can't tell because it gives me an error as I'm outside the US.

Post #95 mentions the UK store location (en-gb). This link, however, redirects me to the link below, because I'm in AU.

This is the Australian store link (en-au)

As for the other store locations, perhaps others could post their local store links to the Online Pass. I guess all you can do is se if you can access the direct store link for your region and if you can I'd say you're good to go.

Thanks! The link for the US version worked for me. I'm now downloading the pass and will try if I can log in to the servers now.

EDIT: Downloading the online pass didn't work unfortunately. I keep getting the same error message: "Your connection to the game server was lost"

Seems like my only option will be buying the physical version.

Edited by Aexuz

I have the US digital version version and can't connect online. I checked and it is version 1.20. I got a used copy of the disc version today and it asked to install version 1.21. After installing the patches, it does work online.

I've tried to check for an update on the digital version and it says the latest version is installed. The save data isn't compatible, so you will need to keep the digital version to keep your single player progress.

• 2 months later...

As I said. Most of you seems to have issues with the online in the game but me I just can't connect at all. Even if I find someone with the disc copy, I cannot accept any online stuff. Tried connecting over 150 times.

Anyway, just called SONY and they gave me a refund. Ordered a physical copy online from ebay for 9$ with free shipping so that's really cheap. I hope the disc version will be able to get online.

I guess the lesson here is: DO NOT BUY THE DIGITAL NA VERSION OF THIS GAME IF YOU CARE ABOUT ONLINE STUFF. 

Two persons personnaly confirmed me that the EU digital version is glitchy but still works and I have no idea about the physical NA version. I'll update when I receive it I guess. Thanks everybody for telling me your experience with this game and hopefully I'll be able to finish the online stuff in this horrible online mess.

LOOK JUST KEEP CALM AND PLAY LITTLE BIG PLANET KART RACING.

THEY GAVE YOU A REFUND!? Those fuckers! What happened to "all sales are final?" Thaz it, I'm selling all my PlayStations and going back to Xbox!

Hahahahahah, you must be joking, right? I mean, look at all your trophies. You already have earned about 45 Platinums this year and you're switching to Xbox? Take a look at this:

DamagingRob.png

I tried looking for a Premium Member Trophy Card, but I can't find it. Maybe you should update your profile yourself, and get DamagingRob's Trophy Cards.

Edited by ee28max

Hahahahahah, you must be joking, right? I mean, look at all your trophies. You already have earned about 45 Platinums this year and you're switching to Xbox? Take a look at this:

I tried looking for a Premium Member Trophy Card, but I can't find it. Maybe you should update your profile yourself, and get DamagingRob's Trophy Cards.

Definitely a joke. Still salty they wouldn't give me a refund on it, though.. And it's 70, but who's counting?  :awesome:

There's a special trophy card for Premium Members? I was not aware of this. :/

• Like 1

Yeah, the moving one. I even have it, check it below on the left.

Ah. I didn't know that was Premium exclusive. I preferred the static one, so I never really looked into changing. Lol. It doesn't even look like that kind shows up, if I'm on the Vita, also. Which is what I use the majority of the time.  

Sarcasm detection fail. I know sometimes it's difficult to detect it on the internets, but if you missed that one you should probably not get a driver's license.

Sarcasm detection fail. I know sometimes it's difficult to detect it on the internets, but if you missed that one you should probably not get a driver's license.

I agree it looked a bit silly but there's no need for such a dumb comment. Just keep it friendly between each other in this community and have fun. Now back on-topic only :).

I agree it looked a bit silly but there's no need for such a dumb comment. Just keep it friendly between each other in this community and have fun. Now back on-topic only :).

This might be too late, but... I would like to know what looked silly before this thread goes back on-topic :ninja: