Premium Upgrades: $4.99/year or $12.99 for Life

Sly Ripper

Hmmm. Still thinking about this.  New to the site so I will have to do a little more digging into it to decide if that is worth what you get for a premium memberships.  I am happy to entertain people trying to convince me this is worth something.

Well aside from not seeing ads you also get to change your name and you can update your profile as much as you want.

The real reason I gave money was because I enjoy the profiles page and the forum community. Sly and gang don't make a living off this site; they do it because they're passionate about PSNP. So in other words... you're giving your money to someone who actually cares about this site, this community, and video games.

Also you get to sit at the cool kid's table. We have cookies.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How can I get premium membership outside of the US? I live in the UK, but it's asking for a payment in Dollars, not Pounds.. And when I try and use my PayPal it asks for another card. Confused and annoyed :/

It'll either just pay from your account and convert it or there will be an option to pay by card where you can select your country.

It'll either just pay from your account and convert it or there will be an option to pay by card where you can select your country.

I thought that, but my point is it's asking me to put in my card details again, which is all well and good, but it won't let me use the same card, it comes up with a message saying something along the lines of, 'you already use this card, please use another'. It's most odd.

I've fixed it now, I put the money from PayPal to my bank and back again. Thanks for your help, Sly :)

Edited by Half-H3ro

It gets rid of those pesky advertisements, you can update your own profile as many times as you want and don't have to wait an hour, along with a bunch of other things here and there.

Might invest, Don't really need it but for $9.99 i can get rid of Ad's  and of course help towards the site.

I would love a mobile app in the future ;) @sly

I paid the 10 quid just so I can help the site, it's a really cool thing going on here that is actually pretty had to find on the internet. Most sites that are in anyway 'big' or have a sizable member count are full of dicks, this site isn't like that, which is why I chose to support it. The option to change your name was also a nice bonus from a selfish perspetive. :)

Edited by MrManBuz

I believe he is still working on the mobile app, actually!  :D

Actually not sure about other phones, but on my Galaxy S5, even though initially when I load PSNP it's pretty barebones, it has the option at the bottom for "full mode", which as far as I can tell, pretty much is the exact same thing as PSNP on my PC.  Normally it's just a list of the forums in a really boring look.

On my iPad though, there is no "full mode" option, and I can't view the status updates unless I have a notification from there.

Edited by Lady Lilith

Actually not sure about other phones, but on my Galaxy S5, even though initially when I load PSNP it's pretty barebones, it has the option at the bottom for "full mode", which as far as I can tell, pretty much is the exact same thing as PSNP on my PC.  Normally it's just a list of the forums in a really boring look.

On my iPad though, there is no "full mode" option, and I can't view the status updates unless I have a notification from there.

Nah, I'm not talking about the mobile browser version of the forums, that's been around for a long time! I'm talking about the actual app! Sly has mentioned it for several months now that he's been in the process of making it - I've asked him a few weeks ago about it and he said he was still working on it here and there (though I don't know how far he is into it so don't expect anything any time soon!). This is the app I'm talking about:

psnpappsmall.png

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1