Siren (2003 PS2 horror game) trophy list revealed

Finozzi1696

I love me some horror games, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for this one. I've never played it before. It's a shame that it won't have a platinum trophy, but at least it has trophies unlike Siren Blood Curse.

Now if we could just get some Fatal Frame games on PS4 too, that would be greeeaaat.  ;)

lol! I never managed to beat this game back in the ps2 days, I remember reaching the part where you control the dude with the pistol that need to save the girl that was with him since the beginning of the game and never manage to find her in the village i'm in or even where to go. so, I find these really small trophy list hard already.

the second game was way much better, I reach nearly the end of it but that was where my ps2 died.

It sucks that it doesn't have a platinum but I'm excited to play this game

Yeah it's too bad, I'm still interested on it because I never got the chance to play it, and I'm a fan of horror games :)

I love me some horror games, so I'll definitely keep an eye out for this one. I've never played it before. It's a shame that it won't have a platinum trophy, but at least it has trophies unlike Siren Blood Curse.

Now if we could just get some Fatal Frame games on PS4 too, that would be greeeaaat.  ;)

Finally a horror game from the PS2 era arrives! :D I don't have anything against action, platform or RPG games but I feel like the horror genre is sometimes overlooked for being less appealing to the general gaming community, so it definitely needs more spotlight in stuff like this PS2 emulation.

I'm a huge horror fan so that's why there are many horror games listed on my PS2 wishlist, and Fatal Frame/Project Zero is my most requested game for this emulation, would looove to see the trilogy on PS4 at some point! I hope that it gets a platinum in case they are planning to release it but I'm not so sure after seeing that Siren didn't got one, but who knows... Of course since is my most requested game I will not care if it doesn't come with one, will buy it regardless   :wub:

I m looking forward to this, Forbidden Siren 2 was very good imo and didnt had the chance to check out the first game.

I hope that they bring the sequel too, only the first game was released as a PS2 Classic on PS3 and it wasn't made available for EU accounts (although the original game was released on Europe). Like the majority of this new PS2 re-releases it will most likely come to both NA and EU this time, and I'm sure that if Sony decides to bring the sequel too most North Americans players will appreciate the fact that they will finally get it since it was never released on the US, not even in its original PS2 release.

lol! I never managed to beat this game back in the ps2 days, I remember reaching the part where you control the dude with the pistol that need to save the girl that was with him since the beginning of the game and never manage to find her in the village i'm in or even where to go. so, I find these really small trophy list hard already.

the second game was way much better, I reach nearly the end of it but that was where my ps2 died.

I read on some sites that this game is considered to be one of the hardest survival horrors of all time, and that only a minority of people manages to beat it without having to use a guide at some point. I never tried it so I don't know if any of that is true, but I guess I will give it a try and find out for myself :)

Apparently the sequels, including the Blood Curse remake now available on Plus, were made easier because of this.

Edited by Finozzi1696

I used to be scared of this game. This is the game aside Tetris that my mom was very good at. And this game is a hard horror survival game! But now I'm a lot older, I shouldn't find this game as scary anymore... maybe. Anyways, was hoping this game would be emulated onto the PS4. I wonder if Forbidden Siren will also be emulated. Never played that one.

I love the aesthetic of this game, but man, I could never get past the early stages because of that stupid sniper. Kind of surprised it doesn't have a platinum, with how difficult it is.

I hope it does well. I'd love to see Siren's success pave the way for more PS2-era horror games on PS4.

I forgot about this. Guess that explains why it made it to PS+

Speaking of, I haven't claimed stuff this month...

Is a nice way to promote this one! although the one that they gave for Plus is Siren: Blood Curse aka "Siren 3 or Siren remake" from the PS3, this is Siren 1 from the PS2, the first game in the series.

I used to be scared of this game. This is the game aside Tetris that my mom was very good at. And this game is a hard horror survival game! But now I'm a lot older, I shouldn't find this game as scary anymore... maybe. Anyways, was hoping this game would be emulated onto the PS4. I wonder if Forbidden Siren will also be emulated. Never played that one.

Your mom used to play it? that's awesome! mine doesn't even know what Pacman is xD

I saw some videos of it and in my opinion is still very scary, I don't get scared that easily but there are many 90's horror games that still freaks me out when I play them, like Silent Hill 1.

A real shame it doesn't have a platinum, a friend of mine will be disappointed. I've heard there's actually a fair bit to do to complete it 100% so it definitely deserved one. :|

Is a real shame, can't believe that Manhunt got one and this one didn't. Now I'm afraid that if they decide to release the PJ trilogy they will probably won't have a plat either, hope I'm wrong. Is so unclear which PS2 games are allowed to have a platinum and which ones doesn't that you can never be completely sure until the trophy list gets leaked.

I love the aesthetic of this game, but man, I could never get past the early stages because of that stupid sniper. Kind of surprised it doesn't have a platinum, with how difficult it is.

I hope it does well. I'd love to see Siren's success pave the way for more PS2-era horror games on PS4.

I hope so too! there are many horror masterpieces on the PS2 era, sadly 99% of them were published by external companies so it will probably take a while to see them coming to PS4, since Sony will have to make a deal with those publishers before being able to re-release them. Siren is Sony's own IP so they didn't had any problem to make an HD emulation for it.

Is a nice way to promote this one! although the one that they gave for Plus is Siren: Blood Curse aka "Siren 3 or Siren remake" from the PS3, this is Siren 1 from the PS2, the first game in the series.

I knew it was a remake, but is it really so much of one to deem it part 3? Dang.

I knew it was a remake, but is it really so much of one to deem it part 3? Dang.

Mmm I can't say for sure since I never played it, but from what I read in some other sites recently is more like a re-imagining of the first game rather than a true remake, like they both have similar plots but they aren't really identical.

Kind of like how Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is more like a re-imagining of the first Silent Hill rather than a remake, they both share the same character's names, some locations, and the premise of the story is more or less the same but they both have huge differences for it to be considered a remake.

• Like 1

I wonder if Forbidden Siren will also be emulated. Never played that one.

it is being emulated, Siren 1 (this one) was known as Forbidden Siren in PAL regions (Europe, Australia)  :D

you must be referring to Forbidden Siren 2, or known in Japan as Siren 2, which was never released in the US.

i believe that if this game does well on sales they might consider bringing Siren 2 too, and possibly this time it will finally be available in the US, seeing as some of this PS2 games on PS4 which were never released originally in Europe were now finally released there with this emulation.

so let's try to support it and buy this game if we want to see the sequel with trophy support and in HD.

Edited by smellslikejavier

• 5 months later...
On 6/9/2016 at 2:51 PM, Undead Wolf said:

That just answered the question I had about Siren: Blood Curse shame it doesn't have any trophies on PS3.