What Edition PlayStation 4 Did You Get?

Lady_Galleth

I say it was definitely worth it. Never was a FF fan but the console looks sweet.

Ooh! The soft pink and white are very eye-catching!!

Pretty cool huh? :D

I wish there was a similar special edition PS4 with a black Noctis paint (mc from FFXV) and white base color.  I would preorder that. :D

I have a 20th Anniversary PS4, #4676/12300. However, my first PS4 was the standard black model, which I sold once I received the latter.

ff13-lightning-close-up_01.jpg

Costed a lot to import from japan, but worth it. :)

I'm also in the same boat as you, because I have this baby:

ffxiii_2_ps3.jpg

$500 well spent.  B)

• Like 1

It was more like an opportunity missed. I won't go into detail about why. Lord knows the internet is already littered with the ghosts of bitter, retired Day-One Destiny fans (see what I did there?).

There are so many cool mods for PS4 in places like Yodabashi and BIC Camera. I saw other HDD mods but not that 4TB one :blink:

That's exactly were I saw these on sale, BIC Camera though the store between Ginza and Tokyo Station. I went in there to get a 3DS charger for 110v and saw these nyko things as well. You can put bigger hdd's in, I just had a spare 4tb wd Green drive, I have 1.77 tb left.

• Like 1

Oh, like customs? 

Yeah like customs, for ps1, sega Saturn, ps2, xb and NGC a mod was generally a modchip for playing backups or in some cases to remove region checks. In modern times console modding is either softmods (Software modding) or Hardmods being case customizing etc etc. I use an XB1 controller on the PS4 and use a 3.5 inch drive , I guess you can call that a mod. The Wii U has an old soft mod for Wii Super smash that let's homebrew in Wii mode, All of my NGC games are now on my Wii U.  So yeah, in the past I guess it was more piracy, Now it's just people being more creative with their consoles without breaking the rules.

I'm a little jealous of all of these! I love, love love the maroon of the MGS one, but I also love the elegance of the white Destiny one. I'm not regretting my purchase, I've always wanted a blue system for some reason, but I just like seeing all of the different designs out there. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a sucker for special edition consoles; they are nice to look at and are generally more valuable. I had the Glacier White PS4 that came with Destiny. It was nice looking, but it reminded me of the game; which I had a frustrating history with. So then the Batman came along... Being a lifetime superhero fan I immediately pre-ordered. The design is minimal and the steel gray contrasts nicely against the black ports. I then added a Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive (ST1000LM014). I've been so happy with it I even purchased a matching second controller. Sony has done very well with Limited consoles. I foresaw the Uncharted one and I'm betting a Spider-man edition is in development, because Sony holds interest over that character, way more than Batman. I must resist it...

61thfv0VRsL._SL1125_.jpg

Edited by StarFang7