Let's Finish: God Eater (The Series)

B4rAK2z.png

For a long time the God Eater series has been that other great Hunting game that everyone takes about, but besides the PSP games the series has been Japanese only. However, the God Eater series has finally returned to the US (and soon to the EU) so let celebrate its return by finishing both God Eater Resurrection and God Eater 2: Rage Burst together.

Goal:
Our goal is to finish/platinum God Eater Resurrection and God Eater 2: Rage Burst.

Rules:
There are no rules besides have fun.

Who can Join?
Anyone who wants to. It doesn't matter if you haven't started a God Eater game yet or if you are one trophy away from the plat, you can join if you want.

Pace:
There is no pace to this event. Play through the games as fast or as slow as you want.

Guides / Info:

Participants AKA the God Eaters

God Eater: Resurrection Hall of Fame

God Eater 2: Rage Burst Hall of Fame

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

It's not nice how you are openly excluding EU participants :D

In any case, great seeing this event! Good luck to all participants, GE is a masterpiece karige =)

However, the God Eater series has finally returned to the NA and EU regions

At the moment, NA only, though =D

Also, much SAO power :awesome:

Anyone who wants to. It doesn't matter if you haven't started Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment yet or if you are one trophy away from the plat, you can join if you want.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Let it not have coop trophies... Let it not have coop trophies... Let it not have coop trophies...

I want to recreate my hunter from Burst and hunt some Hannibals, and actually get the platinum... that last bit most likely won't ever happen *facedesk of despair*

Yup, in for this. Will surely plat this gem before then.

Count me in. Will purchase this tomorrow for sure. 

Count me in as well. My sig is all about the hunting games I play.

All of you have added to the event. Welcome and have fun

It's not nice how you are openly excluding EU participants :D

In any case, great seeing this event! Good luck to all participants, GE is a masterpiece karige =)

At the moment, NA only, though =D

Hey It's not my fault that Bandai Namco thinks the EU can't handle the god eater games yet. At least you guys get physical copies of vita version of God Eater 2 Rage Burst.

Also, much SAO power :awesome:

:ninja: What are you talking about? :ninja:  This event is for God Eater not SAO  ;)

Edited by soultaker655

Hey It's not my fault that Bandai Namco thinks the EU can't handle the god eater games yet. At least you guys get physical copies of vita version of God Eater 2 Rage Burst.

Well, it's because we get GER for free, tehe~ 

:ninja: What are you talking about? :ninja:  This event is for God Eater not SAO  ;)

Oh really :awesome:

Even though I totally get the purpose it is weird to see a "Let's Finish" when it just came out lol

I know it seem weird, but Let's Finish is what I decided to call all of the event that I run.

Plus even if the game just came out, just knowing that other people are playing the game with you can be a motivation to keep playing until you finish the game, therefore Let's Finish is still works well even if the game just came out.

I thought about this Let's finish event and decided it's unfair to exclude the EU from the event just because Bandai Namco thinks the EU can't handle the god eater games yet. So this event has been retooled into a Let's Finish for both of the God Eater games (and the off shot game if they are released outside of Japan).

Since every Let's Finish event is mainly about encouraging people to play and finish good games (mainly vita games) this change makes the most sense to me.

• Like 2

I thought about this Let's finish event and decided it's unfair to exclude the EU from the event just because Bandai Namco thinks the EU can't handle the god eater games yet

the EU deserves physical Vita version.

Here, fixed that for you :awesome:

Nice, nice, nice. Join me as an EU latecomer so... August 30 it is =D

Nice, nice, nice. Join me as an EU latecomer so... August 30 it is =D

I'd like to join as a late-comer as well. Going to pre-order tomorrow!

Both of you have been added to the event. Welcome and have fun in the future.

I played some God Eater: Resurrection today and it's great. I played God Eater: Burst a few years ago and stopped playing because of the camera. So It's amazing how much just having a second analog stick to control the camera improves this game. I made a video of some of the missions I did today:

Of the melee weapons I like the Knife, Long Blade, and Scythe, of the guns I like the Sniper Rifle.

I've heard that divine bullets are super OP and the only bullets worth using, but I'm not sure if that's true or not yet.

I already like this game more than Freedom Wars.

• Like 1

So I went to GameStop to pre-order God Eater for vita, and the guy at the counter said its only available for PS4. And I was like, WHAT?! No no it's on the vita as well. Then he asked me if I want to pre-order it in the PS3? Okayyyyy, no I'm pretty sure it's not available on that console.

This was all sat in English, and he's Norwegian so I'll just go ahead and blame the language barrier. Anyway, I went home a little disappointed and went ahead and pre-ordered online.

So I went to GameStop to pre-order God Eater for vita, and the guy at the counter said its only available for PS4. And I was like, WHAT?! No no it's on the vita as well. Then he asked me if I want to pre-order it in the PS3? Okayyyyy, no I'm pretty sure it's not available on that console.

This was all sat in English, and he's Norwegian so I'll just go ahead and blame the language barrier. Anyway, I went home a little disappointed and went ahead and pre-ordered online.

Is Vita even relevant to GameStop anymore?

This is one thing where I trust Amazon =D

Update:

I'm slowly working my way through the story, it's a good story so far. I'm at Difficulty 4 and I'm still trying to decide between the Knife and Scythe as my main weapon.

I went online a few times to get some player avatars and the online works fine.

Here a video of my current build and some gameplay: