Project Sonic 2017 and Sonic Mania announced.

Daniel_Shadow170

Such a mature response, smh.

You guys shouldn't fight over sonic of all franchises we all know the series has some ups and some downs.

Thats....... exactly my point. He has had a combination of good and weak games, not ALL of them were bad or weak.

These bad and bandwagon opinions need to stop. Sonic has had plenty of great games after the Classic and Adventure series, period.

So, how long till you ruin the series then, when you finally decide to add Sonic into one of your yaoi fan-fiction stories? :ninja: Unless you already have done such a thing...

OT: Where's Sonic Adventure 3, dammit?!

• Like 1

post-6790-0-83687400-1469383224_thumb.png

Top 10 selling Sonic games as of 2013.

No suprise seeing Unleashed and Colors and even All Stars Racing, as theyre all clearly GOOD games, at the very least. Every single good game has multiple flaws as well, including The Last of Us among others, but it doesnt make them bad games unless they outweigh the good, which is not the case with the aforementioned games.

Edited by Mar

Reminds me of Youtube comments. Called you some names? Really?

Because those type of people you cant have a rational conversation with and will be extremely stubborn. Its a waste of time all together. Haters, bandwagoners, stubborn, ignorant elitist you cant do anything about. Oh wait, let me play the opinion card. Now see, it doesnt matter how ppl are or what they say, because it's their opinion.

If someone thinks mudering ppl should be legal with no coincidences, its ok, their opinion. If someone thinks Gas should be $20 minimum, its ok, their opinion. If someone thinks School should become extinct, its ok, their opinion.

No. It is ignorant to claim games you have not played, bad, and to claim every single Sonic game after the classics or heroes, bad, opinion or not, which is the proper point, not someone agreeing or disagreeing with me. The opinion card can literally back up any argument like this, its just pathetic really because it would really end and defend an argument everytime.

Secondly, liking a game =/= a game being good, nor disliking a game =/= a game bad. Some of Sonic's later games have good game ethics. Just because you dont like a game, doesnt mean its bad. Every Sonic game after the aforementioned were not all objectively bad, but if she disliked all those games (she has not played...) then that's fine, but to claim all as bad, especially when you havent played them is ... clearly ignorant (or must I quote ignorant's definition?)

attachicon.gifSonicChart_zps53571a00.png

No suprise seeing Unleashed and Colors and even All Stars Racing, as theyre all clearly GOOD games, at the very least. Every single good game has multiple flaws as well, including The Last of Us among others, but it doesnt make them bad games unless they outweigh the good, which is not the case with the aforementioned games.

You are correct, it is ignorant for someone who hasn't played a game to have an opinion on that game. I wasn't aware that we were talking about those people, I thought we were talking about people who had played all the Sonic games and still thought that the vast majority of them were bad. I do concede that the All Stars Racing games (I'd love to see a third) were fantastic, better than Mario Kart in my opinion, but in main series games are a different story to me. Sonic 4 and Generations were good games to me, Colors was on the better side of decent and Unleashed, '06, Heroes, Lost World, Black Knight, Secret Rings and others had some fun elements but to me the bad outweighed the good. To you, maybe the good outweighed the bad, but again we just have differing opinions. If people didn't have differing opinions there would be no reason to have multiple review sites, YouTube reviews and things of that nature. 

Parker

• Like 1

If anything, Sonic's 3rd (game franchise) current/voice actor (and thus personality because if it) has been one of my major flaws after Unleashed. In Generations and Colors his voice was so cringe-worthy (same with Shadow and a few others in Generation). I saw other fans bring up these complaints to, especially in Colors, which is more story heavy than Generations. He just sounds terrible and annoying now, and it hurts his character, which is important in his games with focused stories and character development.

attachicon.gifSonicChart_zps53571a00.png

I wonder what would've been the sales if they didn't decide to "delist" all the Sonic games with mediocre Metascore lol.

So, how long till you ruin the series then, when you finally decide to add Sonic into one of your yaoi fan-fiction stories? :ninja: Unless you already have done such a thing...

I can "smell" the Y word here.... :ninja:xD

Really excited for both of these, i enjoyed a lot of Sonic games despite the flaws and that's because Sonic is just a simple loving hedgehog, not a god character (unless specified :ninja:)

• Like 1

Now that some of the bitching is out of the way (not you Mar, I enjoy discussing differing opinions with members on here) lets look at some more Mania gameplay!  B)

Everything I'm seeing and hearing about this game is great, if this game delivers what it is promising then I think old school Sonic fans will be in for an absolute treat. Then maybe Sega can continue to make proper 2D Sonic games alongside the 3D adventure games so all the Sonic fans will be happy. 

Parker

• Like 1

is-this-just-fanta-sea.jpg

At the independence/national day the year we celeberated that the city I live in has been around for 1000 years, we had a similar drink to Fanta, called Solo, flowing through many of the big fountains in the middle of the city. xD

God, that was one helluva announcement, but 2017? Really?

I mean, don't get me wrong, any announcement is better than no announcement, but its like airing Treehouse of Horror in November. Something just seems off about that....

Me personally, I'm hoping for some cool preorder bonuses, maybe even a new system (I know, I know, bit of a stretch) but something big along the lines of Sonic Adventure 2's 10th Anniversary Book Coin CD Pack. That would be awesome!

• Like 1

I can "smell" the Y word here.... :ninja:xD

Really excited for both of these, i enjoyed a lot of Sonic games despite the flaws and that's because Sonic is just a simple loving hedgehog, not a god character (unless specified :ninja:)

I believe Sonic is around God Tier in his Super form (it doesnt need to be stated in dialogue or words in game or by Sonic Team) , which may I remind you is stronger than a Super Saiyan (1... and even up to 3 honestly). Again, thanks to Sonic Unleashed that amazing Sonic game, we were able to essentially see the limits or full power scale of S.Sonic. (I praise Unleashed for a reason, it's too damn good of a Sonic game, and set a standard for how Sonic's future games should be like). Sonic defeated a deity level creature (boss), who was in his final and prime form, by himself in this game. Chip helped slightly during the fight but Sonic literally defeated it with a single physical dash, no super natural power like Choas Control or anything. Was also the biggest boss Sonic has ever fought to date.

That combined with Sonic games usually consisting of some of the most powerful beings/bosses in general (: genes, demons, deties, time/space manipulators, etc : is why I have many respects for his character) and him defeating them is why he is nearly a god.

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1

Now that some of the bitching is out of the way (not you Mar, I enjoy discussing differing opinions with members on here) lets look at some more Mania gameplay!  B)

Everything I'm seeing and hearing about this game is great, if this game delivers what it is promising then I think old school Sonic fans will be in for an absolute treat. Then maybe Sega can continue to make proper 2D Sonic games alongside the 3D adventure games so all the Sonic fans will be happy. 

Parker

I like to discuss about games but not with "fanboys" :)

the kind of people who defends a game until the day of death (sorry I don't have patience) there's is a "block" section that helps a lot :D

I bought all the Sonic games and besides i plan to buy sonic project and sonic mania ! because of contrary to what some "fanboys" think, I only speak about anything I have ever played!

there were many games in the past i have spent money unnecessarily.. obviously that repentance comes from me :)

I'm out !

Project Sonic 2017... I'm very positive about how it's actually going to turn out, but I'll admit I have mixed feelings. For one, even if the game has been "officially" declared to not be Sonic Generations 2... it looks a LOT like Sonic Generations 2 going off of the trailer we've seen. That could definitely change once we see more information, but until then, this game is unofficially Sonic Generations 2, much like how Sonic 06 is unofficially Sonic Adventure 3. It takes more than just saying "this game isn't this" to convince a fanbase, especially one that's become as jaded as Sonic's.

Not that this game being Sonic Generations 2 would be a bad thing, since as we're all familiar with Generations was pretty much the best Sonic game we've had in a long time! If the game's formula were to be more or less a carbon copy of Generations with new levels and etc, I'd be satisfied with how it would play. It's just that, after all of this waiting and hyping up for this game, I'm hoping for this game to not JUST be "Generations but different". It doesn't help that I'm biased to favor the Adventure style of gameplay over the boost formula, even though I enjoyed the boost formula plenty in Generations.

The fact that we don't really know how close this game will be to "Generations 2" is the big source of those mixed feelings, really. I mean... it's a cinematic teaser. It's a really good looking trailer, but also shows no gameplay, and the only thing we can get out of it with absolute certainty is that Classic Sanic will team up with Modern Sanic again. You can't deny there's something disappointing about waiting months for some big announcement, only to see a video that amounts to "THIS IS A THING" and mostly nothing else. I want more information on this game so I can know what to expect out of it.

tl;dr- I'm a nitpicky manchild, the new game is probably going to be good but I'm hoping it surpasses my expectations anyway

Also Sonic Mania is made by the same guys who made the really well recieved Sonic iOS ports so that plus the trailer it got is pretty much a given that it will be great

I believe Sonic is around God Tier in his Super form (it doesnt need to be stated in dialogue or words in game or by Sonic Team) , which may I remind you is stronger than a Super Saiyan (1... and even up to 3 honestly). Again, thanks to Sonic Unleashed that amazing Sonic game, we were able to essentially see the limits or full power scale of S.Sonic. (I praise Unleashed for a reason, it's too damn good of a Sonic game, and set a standard for how Sonic's future games should be like). Sonic defeated a deity level creature (boss), who was in his final and prime form, by himself in this game. Chip helped slightly during the fight but Sonic literally defeated it with a single physical dash, no super natural power like Choas Control or anything. Was also the biggest boss Sonic has ever fought to date.

That combined with Sonic games usually consisting of some of the most powerful beings/bosses in general (: genes, demons, deties, time/space manipulators, etc : is why I have many respects for his character) and him defeating them is why he is nearly a god.

That's true, that's why i said "unless specified", because i knew about the Super Sonic thing. xD

Project Sonic 2017... I'm very positive about how it's actually going to turn out, but I'll admit I have mixed feelings. For one, even if the game has been "officially" declared to not be Sonic Generations 2... it looks a LOT like Sonic Generations 2 going off of the trailer we've seen. That could definitely change once we see more information, but until then, this game is unofficially Sonic Generations 2, much like how Sonic 06 is unofficially Sonic Adventure 3. It takes more than just saying "this game isn't this" to convince a fanbase, especially one that's become as jaded as Sonic's.

Not that this game being Sonic Generations 2 would be a bad thing, since as we're all familiar with Generations was pretty much the best Sonic game we've had in a long time! If the game's formula were to be more or less a carbon copy of Generations with new levels and etc, I'd be satisfied with how it would play. It's just that, after all of this waiting and hyping up for this game, I'm hoping for this game to not JUST be "Generations but different". It doesn't help that I'm biased to favor the Adventure style of gameplay over the boost formula, even though I enjoyed the boost formula plenty in Generations.

The fact that we don't really know how close this game will be to "Generations 2" is the big source of those mixed feelings, really. I mean... it's a cinematic teaser. It's a really good looking trailer, but also shows no gameplay, and the only thing we can get out of it with absolute certainty is that Classic Sanic will team up with Modern Sanic again. You can't deny there's something disappointing about waiting months for some big announcement, only to see a video that amounts to "THIS IS A THING" and mostly nothing else. I want more information on this game so I can know what to expect out of it.

tl;dr- I'm a nitpicky manchild, the new game is probably going to be good but I'm hoping it surpasses my expectations anyway

Also Sonic Mania is made by the same guys who made the really well recieved Sonic iOS ports so that plus the trailer it got is pretty much a given that it will be great

Ive been seeing people call it Generations 2. Its actually quite simply not Generations 2. PS17 will have some sequel aspects, but its not Gen 2. What made Gen 1 GENERATIONS was the rehashed/reused stages, music, boss battles and so fourth from the older games (like Naruto Storm Generations and other generation games like those). PS17 wont be doing that. CS returns likely to some time related matter, as nothing else explains his return, especially since Gens showed him going back to his time. Like Storm Rev isnt Storm 4 and other games, its not Gen 2, it just uses the same concept of CS being alongside MS. Its more like Unleashed 2 WITH Classic Sonic (and a weaker story).

• Like 1

Ive been seeing people call it Generations 2. Its actually quite simply not Generations 2. PS17 will have some sequel aspects, but its not Gen 2. What made Gen 1 GENERATIONS was the rehashed/reused stages, music, boss battles and so fourth from the older games (like Naruto Storm Generations and other generation games like those). PS17 wont be doing that. CS returns likely to some time related matter, as nothing else explains his return, especially since Gens showed him going back to his time. Like Storm Rev isnt Storm 4 and other games, its not Gen 2, it just uses the same concept of CS being alongside MS. Its more like Unleashed 2 WITH Classic Sonic (and a weaker story).

Can't really comment definitely on the story just yet though, since all we've seen is a trailer. But with the inclusion of classic sonic, I doubt story will get much focus. Hope I'm wrong. Really, all I want from this is the difficulty to be Unleashed-level instead of the joke that Generations was.

Can't really comment definitely on the story just yet though, since all we've seen is a trailer. But with the inclusion of classic sonic, I doubt story will get much focus. Hope I'm wrong. Really, all I want from this is the difficulty to be Unleashed-level instead of the joke that Generations was.

Lost World was pretty difficult so there's some hope for that. Although at the same time they undermined it by letting you skip to the next checkpoint at the earliest sign of a struggle. Hopefully that was just some of Nintendo's influence, since Mario does that as well.

Classic Sonic is probably just going to be thing from now on so neither type of fans are excluded from playing the main games. I'd prefer if it he stuck to Mania and Modern Sonic had his own thing, but I suppose they can't afford to take any risks while they're building Sonic back up again.

Based on the trailer I'd expect there to be more story than Generations, but it looks so serious and dramatic that that may not be a good thing. I just hope it's Eggman controlling those robots and not one of the many ancient deities that were supposedly sealed away at some point.

• Like 1

The trailer and background even hinted at a destroyed future... or present (along with Sonics very angry expression). I dont know the story but CS can only return via some time traveling matter (just like Gens). CS isnt a gameplay exclusive doppelganger character-feature, he actually is his own character with a tie in the story, so time will be involved, and its not Gen 2. Those two things can be deducted at least.

And the story is likely to be weak because CS will take away focus from MS and there will be a lot of team like moments. Were not going to get a story anywhere as good as Unleashed. (I dont like the concept of MS, the superior and stronger version of CS, needing help from both his weaker form and his weaker form to save the world. Like wth man. The concept actually worked in Gens. Itll only work if CEM returns to :/, otherwise needing help from your younger self for your typical wordly disasters is stupid as its clearly forced as Sonic has dealt with many OP and ridiculous things without CS.)

I second a stronger difficulty. Its like the only "Sonic" game with a platinum that was easy. (Again, CS corrpting MS, sigh.) This and Pokemon need to up their damn difficulty.

Edited by Mar