Platinum still obtainable?

I only got a PS3 recently and I am considering to buy this game for the platinum, but just to play it safe since I only recently found out that the platinum for Black Ops 2 is now unobtainable if you have not gotten the Big Leagues trophy (I bought the game after finding out about this, fml), is this platinum for Black Ops 1 still obtainable if I haven't gotten any of the trophies yet? Thanks in advance.

You might have a tough time getting:

42S8bf1a3.png

In The Money

Finish 5 Wager Matches "in the money."

I don't know about anyone else, but I have such a tough time finding wager matches now days. Especially "high roller" and "weekend gambler" matches. Your best bet for an "ante up" wager match would be on a Friday or Saturday night. That is when I notice the most activity on the game. Incredible game and my personal favorite Call of Duty. The ones now days are a joke compared to this in my humble opinion. 

• Like 1

You might have a tough time getting:

42S8bf1a3.png

In The Money

Finish 5 Wager Matches "in the money."

I don't know about anyone else, but I have such a tough time finding wager matches now days. Especially "high roller" and "weekend gambler" matches. Your best bet for an "ante up" wager match would be on a Friday or Saturday night. That is when I notice the most activity on the game. Incredible game and my personal favorite Call of Duty. The ones now days are a joke compared to this in my humble opinion. 

Can't you just make a boosting session? I assume that would work.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand what you're talking about... I just began playing BO1 with a friend... I got "In The Money" about first 15 tries tonight. I was playing Gun Game, Stick & Stones and the first game mode where you got like 1 bullet only. Which I don't recall the name of the game mode... There was multiple rooms. YES multiple active rooms. For Gun Game only there was like 6-8 active rooms. Not kidding... I'm based in EU and got a Swedish digital copy. So I guess I might play with people from the same region... But "unattainable" literally means like it is NOT possible in any probable case... Like if CoD would close their servers down permanently... or if BO had a bug (which makes the trophy unatainable) which would never ever been fixed since the game is getting too old.

• 2 months later...

Call of Duty uses P2P servers, so the online services technically/theoretically would never shut down. As long as something like Big Leagues from Black Ops II doesn't happen, then the plats will always be obtainable. Call of Duty 3 (2006) still has its P2P service active, but good luck finding someone to play online with.

• Like 1