How to find this?

Go to solution Solved by Willstown,

So, it's been over a year that I have been on this website and still learning new things about it everyday. Just the other day, I learned how to edit "About Me" page, I was always fascinated by the way many members here who have created such lovely looking profiles but never took the pain of learning how to do something like that for my profile assuming myself to be a novice and technologically backward compared to other people from various parts of the world.

Anyway, coming to my concern.

I am really keen to know how to find out who rated my profile, I mean, I never had anyone rate it before, so I am kind of interested to know how to find this out. Moreover, I am really really curious to know why would anyone rate me so poorly because I believe I have never got into a discussion where I turned into a keyboard warrior on any of the forums here neither did I rant or abuse so I want to personally know the reason and if they have a reason valid enough, take it as a feedback and work on it.

Fv4DIdr.png

Anyone?
:S :S

Edited by dev2610

• Solution

Sorry dude, not something that's possible to do.  The anonymity prevents things from getting personal I guess.  If it's any comfort the stars mean nothing and have no impact, it's just part of the forum schema that isn't removable. 

Don't worry about it in other words :)

• Like 1

I see what you're saying Willstown and why it should be anonymous. How about if you mouse-over the stars it tells you how many people have voted on your profile and that if people do rate your profile they should then leave a comment as to why (again anonymously and anything malicious can be removed by devs). After all if someone has taken the time to rate your profile they must have a reason to do it.

I know you said it's not something to worry about but I agree with dev2610 it's not nice to see 1 star on your profile when you don't know why you're voted 1 star. To me if there's nothing constructive there as to why then why is it there in the first place?

• Like 1

I see what you're saying Willstown and why it should be anonymous. How about if you mouse-over the stars it tells you how many people have voted on your profile and that if people do rate your profile they should then leave a comment as to why (again anonymously and anything malicious can be removed by devs). After all if someone has taken the time to rate your profile they must have a reason to do it.

I know you said it's not something to worry about but I agree with dev2610 it's not nice to see 1 star on your profile when you don't know why you're voted 1 star. To me if there's nothing constructive there as to why then why is it there in the first place?

It's there just because this forum type has it in as a feature that you can't turn off.  I think there's been posts about this before, if it could be turned off it would be.  I like your ideas about extra functionality, but I doubt it'll be added for something that isn't really wanted in the 1st place.

I am really keen to know how to find out who rated my profile, I mean, I never had anyone rate it before, so I am kind of interested to know how to find this out. Moreover, I am really really curious to know why would anyone rate me so poorly because I believe I have never got into a discussion where I turned into a keyboard warrior on any of the forums here neither did I rant or abuse so I want to personally know the reason and if they have a reason valid enough, take it as a feedback and work on it.

If you've genuinely never said or done anything to piss someone off then it's likely it was just an accidental rating, or you know just some troll. Even though, as Willstown said, the stars don't really mean anything, I get that it's "unsightly" to have a one star so I have just rated you five stars to at least counter balance it. :)

• Like 1

..Don't worry about it in other words :)

No, of course no, I was just concerned about my personality well-being, if there could have been a way to know, I would have got in touch with the user and asked for a reason, just improve myself, basically, to know about my shortcomings. Thanks for letting me know that it is not an option

..To me if there's nothing constructive there as to why then why is it there in the first place?

I am not against this idea, it's just that I don't even know what I did to get rated poorly, should have helped to know the reason.

If you've genuinely never said or done anything to piss someone off then it's likely it was just an accidental rating, or you know just some troll. Even though, as Willstown said, the stars don't really mean anything, I get that it's "unsightly" to have a one star so I have just rated you five stars to at least counter balance it. :)

Yup, bad-mouthing fellow gamers is not my cup of tea. Incidentally, after this post, I am assuming, Willstown, just like you, rated my profile, may have given me stars that increased the star count and then someone visited my profile to give me a lower rating, decreasing the star count immediately (easy to track the change in numbers as I don't get many visitors wanting to rate my profile :D ). Needless to say, they were urged to visit my profile due to this post but rating me was something I didn't ask that person to do and rating my profile poorly was definitely uncalled for, if you have a reason to rate it bad, feel free, but let me know why would one do that, helps in improving oneself

Anyway, thanks for the counter balancing :D

• Like 1

Seriously, it's just nonsense some people use as a way to troll other forum members. Don't take it personally. It could've been something as small as an opposing view in an argument. Anonymity and the internet tend to bring out the worst in some people.

I know you're an asset to the community and a keeper on my friend list, so I rated you a 5*. Try not to get too hung up about it. It means nothing.

Edit: god damned auto-correct :angry:

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 2

..I gave you 5 as well so you should be on 4 for some time =D

..so I rated you a 5*...

I gave you 5 stars..

5 stars for you, dev2610...

..I rated you 5 stars..

While I appreciate you guys doing that for me, whether I deserved it is debatable.

A gentle reminder to all who had read this post, are reading this post or will read in future: All I wanted to know if there is a way I can know who rated my profile so poorly (it was more important because someone rated my profile for the first time in 1-and-a-half year of my presence on this site and considering I am not too actively participating in voicing my opinions in other posts) so I could personally ask him or her (and not argue) what did I do to get that and improve on it.

Maybe I was just being too lazy to look it up myself so took the easy way of posting and getting answered :D

Although, I appreciate lot of you rating my profile (which is so dull, admittedly), I am not sure if that was needed because I know I didn't do anything to deserve 5 stars and like lot of you, brothers, have pointed out not to lose sleep over things happening over the internet because someone might just be fooling around, those same people would think that I posted this basically to "beg" for those stars (I am not overthinking, just pondering on the possibilities)

Now, as a mark of being thankful, I will be going to your profiles and rating them 5 Stars too, so if I show up in the last visitor list, please don't assume I was stalking :D :D

..I know you're an asset to the community and a keeper on my friend list..

Those were mighty kind words, bro. Makes my day :)

These ratings mostly seems to cause grief and arguments, my advice would be to just ignore it. 

Oh no, bro, I am not fretting over the rating, I am mostly concerned about the reason and like it has been pointed out, I would just pass on this assuming someone was messing unnecessarily.

Edited by dev2610

Yeah, it's just some troll, I wouldn't worry about it as there are people who love to one-star people or other things for no real eason :P ..

Yup, now it seems that was the case, I just wanted to know if there is a way to know who did that so I could ask them for the reason

I mean, you were kind of a smartass to me once. But I didn't rate you because of it or whatever. So I don't know where those negative "reviews" have came from.

I tried to find that post, I think it has been removed or you deleted it or whatever happened to it, I could have taken a screenshot to show the conversation. All I did was appreciate how good the game has been designed by Rockstar and advised some corrective measures (I hope you remember), not playing the blame game here, I wasn't even being rude to either you or the other guy who kind of was blowing over the top for no apparent reason and still didn't get into an argument and, man, if it was you or the other guy who has rated it, then I don't even care. Peace out! :D

Edit: Found the post for everyone to see--> http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/38762-waste-management-glitched/

Edited by dev2610

5 stars for you. Cheers. :)

I've had people down-rate me in the past for no reason, so I wouldn't take it personally. 

I appreciate it, I am not sure if I deserve those stars, though, done nothing much to get them... :D

and yeah, I am not taking it personally, I just wanted to know why, looking for a scope to improve as a person I am

I will return the favour, right away :)

• Like 1

Yup, now it seems that was the case, I just wanted to know if there is a way to know who did that so I could ask them for the reason

I tried to find that post, I think it has been removed or you deleted it or whatever happened to it, I could have taken a screenshot to show the conversation. All I did was appreciate how good the game has been designed by Rockstar and advised some corrective measures (I hope you remember), not playing the blame game here, I wasn't even being rude to either you or the other guy who kind of was blowing over the top for no apparent reason and still didn't get into an argument and, man, if it was you or the other guy who has rated it, then I don't even care. Peace out! :D

Edit: Found the post for everyone to see--> http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/38762-waste-management-glitched/

Yeah, I just found the "Genius" quote reply was a bit snarky at the time. I wasn't butthurt or anything, just found it a little rude at the time. Anyway, 5 stars for you sir!  :highfive:

FYI: It turned out to be glitched, I just had to load up a previous save and do it again! I got my second GTA V  :platinum: in the end though!  :lol:  :yay:

Edited by popass12345