What was the most agonizing/frustrating platinum or trophy that you have done?

Meraki_98

For me the most frustrating one would have to be on Dust, the whole game is amazing besides that last trial.

The most agonizing would have to be on Evil Within, Akumu mode was awful and just painful to do. Never finished it but from what I did do it was torture.

I haven't started the games on this account yet so I have that to look forward to xD

• Like 1

Probably Dyad. Quick but painful platinum.

Huge grinds can also be pretty agonizing, like Black Ops 3, or marathoning Starwhal & Killzone 2 each in 1-2 days.

Yeah, I also agree with Dyad but not only because of how difficult some levels were, but because of how eye straining it can be, it's definitely a nightmare for anyone who has sensitive eyes. 

What I can think of from my list is 

• Far Cry 2: The grind was incredibly boring although I used 2 PS3s and one of my friends helped me with Soldier of Misfortune, when I did the offline the collectables were incredibly boring to look for and some of them were a bit annoying to reach. 
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, it wasn't a difficult plat for me, I was already a very good Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3 player when I got the plat for it, but what was very straining was how it takes 7 playthroughs to get the platinum and each one of them was insanely boring, on top of that there is a 30 hour online grind to get level 99 and all the other shit and I boosted most of it with 2 PS3s, if you take turns with someone that grind becomes 60 hours. 
  • Ninja Gaiden 3 was my most difficult 100% but I didn't significantly leech that like some of the people I've helped, by the end I was able to kill every boss without much of an issue, but the nerves of having to complete a 20 minute trial and not piss off my partner was what was difficult for me while going for the trophy. 
  • Gran Turismo 5, not only because of how difficult some of the golds were to get but also because of how boring the game was for me, I really don't like driving simulators or racing games in general. It also takes 600 hours to platinum it, most of that time spent grinding A-Spec and B-Spec level 40. 
  • WipEout HD: Beat Zico took me over 1000 laps to get, but I went for it as my very first thing when I started the game up, not a great idea when I was half way through the elite campaign I went back to see if I would be able to beat zico again, it took me 7 laps to beat it again. The Elite AI is unforgiving in some races because they always use their weapons to slow you down. 
  • Uncharted 3 is the longest grind on my trophy list, the DLC takes 200 hours to complete, maybe longer for some people who don't get lucky with the treasures. I spent around 90 hours grinding in Hunter Arena to get the treasures and I used 2 PS3s for that so I had more of an opportunity to get treasures than most people because I could run around and open the chests in the villain round. The co-op is also not very easy to do and each medal in competitive or co-op normally requires you to repeat that requirement at least 50 or 100 times and you need 250 competitive match wins. 
  • Red Faction: Guerrilla is a long grind as well because you need 5000 kills, 250 wins, 100,000 XP and the single player has 104 Guerrilla actions and around 350 collectables, some of the guerrilla actions are luck based radio missions where you need to be in the right place at the right time to get them to spawn, some people have restarted their game while very close to having all guerrilla actions done because they've spent hours and the last radio missions they need haven't come up. 
  • Quantum Theory's entire experience was very straining solely because it's a crap game although I boosted the XP with 3 PS3s and a guy who was using 3 PS3s so we did it much quicker than most people do and I was the fastest achiever of it. 
  • Like 2

FIFA 14 - On My Own -trophy

Had to contact EA thousands of times, making posts every day for over year at their forum, had to talk with ~50 game advisors, lots of emails, strawpolls with hundreds of people having the same problem (2 trophies were unable to obtain cuz the highlights of the week challenges don't update anymore) finally I did it and they updated it got my platinum from FIFA 14 aswell with those 2 trophies, if they never updated those challenges tbh I was planning to make trip to EA headquarters and sue them and if that don't work I had some thoughts that maybe I contact isis to help me for a small reward but yeah I didn't have to do those big trips cuz they listened to me :)

p.s. After some researching I found one of my strawpolls http://www.strawpoll.me/3877965/r

There's also some discussion about this trophy we did in this psnp website, if someone is interested.. somewhere at games:  FIFA 14 -forums or so.

Edited by D4N11--
  • Like 2

Winning the Fanorona mini game in Assassin's Creed III was a real pain. It didn't take me too long but I really don't like it.

I haven't gotten the journey trophies in The Last of Us yet but I also really don't like the concept. You just have to play their MP, presumably to get you hooked and have you buy microtransactions. 168 games in total, it is possible to fail a journey but it is very unlikely if you know at least a little bit what you are doing.

Another one I didn't get yet but I also don't like is the 'Et Tu, Brute?' from Battlefield Bad Company 2, the trophy requires you to kill 5 enemy players with a knife that are in your friendlist. I don't like boosting trophies but there is no way you can do this without boosting. Or you just have to spam friend requests to enemy players. Anyways, it isn't hard it is just a pain to set everything up to get matched against your friends.