Steins;Gate 0 Amadeus Edition Delayed

thegirlruka

Your loss. :P I don't really see the point of even playing if you're gonna do that.

999 didn't have voice acting but it was still a great experience (yotsuba best grill.) Hatoful Boyfriend too.

As much as I disagree with his opinion about the voices (especially Mayushii--Hanakana is soooooooo much better than the voice in the dubbed anime) I can understand it. I'll mute the voices that I hate in dubbed games or even play a game with sound off if there's no option to mute voices.

Edited by kuuhaku

999 didn't have voice acting but it was still a great experience (yotsuba best grill.) Hatoful Boyfriend too.

As much as I disagree with his opinion about the voices (especially Mayushii--Hanakana is soooooooo much better than the voice in the dubbed anime) I can understand it. I'll mute the voices that I hate in dubbed games or even play a game with sound off if there's no option to mute voices.

Fair enough. I can't say I've ever muted a games voices before, but you have a point about 999 on the DS having none, and it still being a great game. I just don't know why you'd want to mute the Japanese voices in a Japanese visual novel. They will suit the characters far better than a dub ever would, and Mayushii is the perfect example. The English voice actor could never portray her in the way HanaKana does. Some characters just don't work in English. I'm not totally against dubs, and I can enjoy a good one, but definitely not for a game like this.

Fair enough. I can't say I've ever muted a games voices before, but you have a point about 999 on the DS having none, and it still being a great game. I just don't know why you'd want to mute the Japanese voices in a Japanese visual novel. They will suit the characters far better than a dub ever would, and Mayushii is the perfect example. The English voice actor could never portray her in the way HanaKana does. Some characters just don't work in English. I'm not totally against dubs, and I can enjoy a good one, but definitely not for a game like this.

I play for the story, and when voices annoy me, the way many Japanese voice actors do, that ruins the experience of the story for me (as opposed to being able to imagine their dubbed voices when the J voices are turned off :P ). I can recognise Mayuri's J voice actress is better at portraying the character than the American actress is, since she's very much a "typical anime character". But more than anything else, the Japanese Kurisu and Suzuha lack all the sympathy and warmth that the American actors bring to the characters imo. But, like I said, it's down to preference, and I can appreciate that some (or most people) prefer the original Japanese, though I'd still have liked it if there had been a dub.

I can't say I've ever muted a games voices before

I am completely unable to stand Teddie's english voice. I had to mute it when playing P4AU and P4DAN. I'm also going to mute it when I eventually get to playing P4G. I've never heard his japanese voice, but I can't imagine it would be any worse than that. Without hyperbole, I felt physically ill every time I heard his english voice.

I'm not completely against dubs either. I'm only against terrible dubs. If they have voice actors who actually know how to act then I'm more likely to listen to them.

Edited by kuuhaku

I am completely unable to stand Teddie's english voice. I had to mute it when playing P4AU and P4DAN. I'm also going to mute it when I eventually get to playing P4G. I've never heard his japanese voice, but I can't imagine it would be any worse than that. Without hyperbole, I felt physically ill every time I heard his english voice.

Damn, that's some real hatred towards Teddie I feel. I'm not the biggest fan of his voice either, but I can't say I've ever felt physically ill listening to it. xD The Japanese voice really isn't much better, trust me. They are both pretty annoying to listen to, but I guess that's what they were going for. I don't know why, but they did. :P At least Morgana's voice from Persona 5 is nowhere near as bad. Not to the point of being physically ill, anyway. :giggle:

I'm in the weird minority that likes English Dubs, including the Steins;Gate dub.

There's a few good things that do English dubs amazing. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is god-tier, and so is Cowboy Bebop.

Steins;Gate though? Atrocious. But, maybe that's because Okabe's Japanese voice actor is a god-tier voice actor himself.

There's a few good things that do English dubs amazing. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is god-tier, and so is Cowboy Bebop.

Steins;Gate though? Atrocious. But, maybe that's because Okabe's Japanese voice actor is a god-tier voice actor himself.

Okabe's English voice is J. Michael Tatum who is arguably a famous and successful voice actor in his own right. 

Just to put my 2 cents in to this debate... I'm usually a subs fan but I found myself more drawn to the english dub of Steins;gate.  The biggest issue I had with the Japanese voice acting was Daru's voice.  I couldn't take him seriously.  However... the "cool son-of-a-bitch" moment is lost on the english dub.  That in itself is almost unforgivable. 

Again, while I usually prefer subs above all else Steins;gate is an exception in that it could go either way.  It's one of those rare instances where both dub and sub are nearly equal.  I have to say that those who vastly prefer the sub to the dub are in a more favorable position in that they can play the game without qualms and watch Steins;gate 0 as it airs.  Perhaps I'm strange in that I enjoy both.

Side note: I haven't listened to the english cast of Persona 5 yet and I am scared shitless that Morgana will be as annoying as Teddie's voice.  Here's hoping she lives up to her cuteness.  I kinda wish we could have an animal pal like Koromaru instead.

Edited by Bucknerd
  • Like 1

Damn, how could I miss my favorite topic :/

Are you crazy? After finally removing a story block I want to find out what happens next.

In case of VLR, nope, it's not a crazy idea.

Hearing the proper voices makes it harder to attach to the characters? Wut? :blink:

Apparently hearing Japanese character speaking their language is the weird one, lulz.

• 3 weeks later...

Screw you Ricedigital. Still no shipping notification and I see that Amazon Germany has the game on stock already. One shop also started selling it a week ago. :shakefist:

EDIT:

Once again, complaining helps. Just got an e-mail that the game was shipped. Still I have to hope that the delivery will work as I see that they mixed up the address a bit. >_<

Edited by Crimson Idol

Apparently my order is still processing. I hope it doesn't arrive too late as it's a game I've really been looking forward too. I'm kinda worried as I've heard Ricedigital have pretty awful customer service and I'd rather not have to contact them. :S

I only had to contact the customer service once as I was moving and the shop doesn't allow you to the change the address but I thought it was okay. But I only ordered there three times.

My DPD-tracking says that my copy will arrive by Monday.

Well it looks like my complaining paid off as I just got an email telling me it has been dispatched. That's a relief! :D

I only had to contact the customer service once as I was moving and the shop doesn't allow you to the change the address but I thought it was okay. But I only ordered there three times.

My DPD-tracking says that my copy will arrive by Monday.

I heard about someone on this site not getting their collector's edition for a game weeks after launch with no explanation from them. Also, apparently if you cancel your order with them too many times, they ban you. I've not had a bad experience with them personally, but this is only the second time I've ordered something from them.

Edited by Undead Wolf

In case this information is relevant to anyone.

I recently had to reset my password via contacting Funstock support. Upon doing so I asked about my order for SG0.

In the email he said,
"All Steins;Gate orders made before yesterday have been dispatched, although this might not reflect in your account yet. It should be with you today!"

My current order still says "processing". 

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/11/23/steins-gate-0-review-salieri-at-work-ps4/#/slide/1

"Steins;Gate 0 is a lot of simply pressing “X” to scroll through the text"

5/10

tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif

I'm surprised the reviewer wasn't named Donny because he was out of his element.

In case this information is relevant to anyone.

I recently had to reset my password via contacting Funstock support. Upon doing so I asked about my order for SG0.

In the email he said,

"All Steins;Gate orders made before yesterday have been dispatched, although this might not reflect in your account yet. It should be with you today!"

My current order still says "processing". 

The NA version isn't set to release until Tuesday, so that may be inaccurate depending on the version you've purchased.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/11/23/steins-gate-0-review-salieri-at-work-ps4/#/slide/1

5/10

Hold onto your butts, this review is going to offend you.

I read that earlier, what a joke xD It's worth adding that reviewer didn't play the first game and criticized SG 0 (a freaking sequel) for not being good entry for new players. Yep, you heard that right.

I respect reviewer's opinion but they were clearly wrong person to review this game.

5/10

LMAO, this review though.... Good laugh and when I scrolled down for the comments I knew I wasn't going to be the only one thinking that this is a stupid review.

Good thing I found this in the comment section as well....

http://gbatemp.net/review/steins-gate-0.539/

LMAO, this review though.... Good laugh and when I scrolled down for the comments I knew I wasn't going to be the only one thinking that this is a stupid review.

Good thing I found this in the comment section as well....

http://gbatemp.net/review/steins-gate-0.539/

Now that's a review that gets a passing grade from My Epic-sama. :awesome:

didn't play the first game and criticized SG 0 (a freaking sequel) for not being good entry for new players. Yep, you heard that right.

NO WAY! 

HOW SHOCKING!

WHAT A BAD GAME!

:awesome:

5/10

Just anoother Example how Stupid are Reviews (And even in general wait for the journal to give it like 60 and then the day after release give 95 to the last Guardian for example) and why they should be ignored.

Internet is a free place where everybody can write what they want and this shows how often that's more a bad than a good thing.

Plus i suppose that this guy gave 5 to Mayo too then....